Medical SchoolUCLA
Thousand Oaks
325 Rolling Oaks Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
805-778-1122
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gary Hubert to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility & Surgical Associates of California to a friend?
How was your experience with Gary Hubert at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
He is wonderful and very likable. He has great bedside manner and takes his time to explain everything. He put me at ease. Not scoring a 10 because I have not gotten pregnant yet. I have gone through 2 rounds of IUI with no positive test. All of the tests have come back negative for problems for me and my husband. We have not had any miscarriages which is positive. Doctor Hubert said that there is a 20% chance each month for IUI to work. I’m not sure we can afford to do it any longer. We took last month off due to being out of town when I would have needed the treatment. Now we have to decide if we are going to continue doing it. I’ve had friends who have been successful with it after several months, but it gets discouraging. It cost about $3,000 the first month and about $1,250 for the second month. The cost adds up quickly and makes it tough when you don’t know if it will ever work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Hubert at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
Know the costs up front and be prepared for several rounds.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Hubert at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
He was very cordial and has great bedside manner. The clinic sees so many people that there is often a very long wait to be seen.
Describe the protocols Gary Hubert used in your cycles at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California and their degree of success.
Several days of clomid and then a couple days of Menipur injections. He would do an ultrasound and then schedule when I would need to do the trigger shot. And then the insemination was scheduled. They are open every day so that they can make sure to have you in on the right day.
Don’t trust them if you are needing important information. I had asked about whether I would need to come in on a certain day based on my cycle because I was going to need to reorganize my work schedule. The nurse told me that I would not need to, but when I met with the doctor he said that I did need to. He was very accommodating with my schedule and saw me before they opened so that I would not have to miss work.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
They see a lot of patients and there is sometimes a long wait. Be patient. They often double and triple book appointments. They might even do more than that. But they are open 7 days a week so that you are there on the best day for your cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Hubert at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
The first round of IUI cost approximately $3,000. The second was around $1,000-$1,500.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
Santa Monica
Dr. Hubert is very knowledgeable in his field. He is well studied and can provide insight based on his years of experience. At times he could slow down to help me understand as the current patient. But when I ask he is always willing to provide more detail. He focuses purely on medicine and i think it would be helpful to have a more holistic approach that includes diet, supplements, etc.... Ovulation induction with timed intercourse to ensure my body is properly working. D&C for miscarriage. He provided many options for recovery and We chose that option. Endometriosis laparoscopy for a 3inch cyst. Moving on to ovulation induction with iui due to 3 failed cycles.
Definitely trust his process. Be prepared for a lot of appointments
Gary has taken time to get to know us and he is available to answer questions via cell phone as needed. When we had a miscarriage, he was very gentle, compassionate, and reassuring.
The nursing staff are available and help explain any extra information I had. Michelle G in particular is very compassionate and people focused.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
There are 3 primary partners. They are all available for appointments if your doctor is not. They work together on cases so you get a very thorough treatment. I have seen all 3 and each one is compassionate and respectful. This practice is very busy and sometimes the wait time is challenging for my schedule. It also feels rushed and then like you sit for awhile.
An iui costs approximately $1500-$2000 with all medication. No insurance coverage
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hubert is very professional and knowledgeable about infertility. He takes his time with his patients and does not make you feel rushed out. Dr. Hubert gives you all your options up front and will answer all you questions not matter how many or how repetitive.... I feel that he is giving me and will continue to give me the best care and that he does want my end result to end up with a healthy baby. With that said, the office is very popular because they are very good at what they do, so it is hard to not feel like you are just part of the crowd at times.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He is hard to get a hold of outside of your visit if you have questions when you get home. He makes his nurses more available for those questions.
Dr. Hubert ordered all the correct blood work and an HSG before moving on to the next step. My blood work came back great but my HSG result where inconclusive because the dye did not go through one of my tubes. He gave me my options which were, laparoscopy, IUI or the most aggressive approach, IVF. He felt that because I already conceived one child naturally and because of my age, I may have had a good chance at getting pregnant with IUI. After two failed IUI's and another round of clomid failed, I asked about the surgery to possible correct the tube and he stated that because I have PCOS the results would be the same, meaning, I would most likely still need to go forward with IVF. The decision came down to how aggressive I want to be with becoming pregnant, so I have chosen to move forward with IVF.
The nurses are great. The office is very busy and the nurses stay so on top of it and make you feel like you are their main priority at all times.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
The clinic's staff all round, from doctors to front office staff, are all great. They communicate well and take their time with each patient. The only thing about this place, and its a good and a bad thing, is the fact that they are so busy all the time. Many people obviously put their trust into this clinic and the clinic greats such great reviews which make the office busy and can sometimes get backed up.
I felt that the cost has been fair for the state of California. My insurance does not cover any infertility so I have been paying completely out of pocket.
Describe Gary Hubert's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
He prefers to transfer only one but will consider multiple depending on age and health.
Encino
Dr. Hubert always answered my questions thoroughly and never made me feel dumb or like I should already know the answers to my questions. He sat down with my husband and I for multiple consultations when we had questions about what was to come next. He even gave me his cell phone number so I could get a hold of him if I had any questions. He is always extremely encouraging and confident that I am going to be a mom. I feel that Dr. Hubert is extremely knowledgeable and has a ton of experience in the field.
Ask as many questions as you can to make you feel comfortable with what your plan of action is. Don't ever feel like you can't ask questions.
The doctors office is fairly large. I feel as though I would have preferred it if Dr. Hubert were a part of a smaller office. I never felt as though he didn't answer my questions or that he didn't care about me as an individual but it is hard to not feel like a number when the office is so large.
1st IUI: 50mg Clomid for 5 days. 75 units Gonal F for 3 days. Triggered on Day 9. IUI Day 10. 2nd IUI: 50mg Clomid for 5 days. 75 units Gonal F for 3 days. Triggered on Day 9. IUI Day 10 and 11. 3rd IUI: 50mg Clomid for 5 days. 75 units Gonal F for 3 days. Triggered on Day 9. IUI Day 10 and 11.
I really like the nursing staff. They are all very nice and answer my questions thoroughly and if they don't know the answer they have never hesitated to call Dr. Hubert to get the answer. My problem is that there are so many of them that you never end up talking to the same nurse twice. If you do have the same nurse more than once its almost like you have to re explain who you are and what your situation is. I wish I would have had one nurse that followed me from day 1. But again I think this is just how it is with such a big clinic.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
My biggest critique is the billing department and their ability in dealing with insurance. There was a major lack of communication when I was trying to get insurance coverage for my IUI's and it left me battling for medication at the last minute and made my first experience with IUI a stressful one. It takes a long time for them to return phone calls and you have to be on top of them if you want a response quickly. I also feel as though there is a lack of communication in the different departments of the clinic. From billing to nurses to doctors I wish there was a little more organization in how they communicate. In terms of the doctor, the nurses and what they provide though, I would not change a thing. The only thing that would make it better for me is if the office were smaller. But again that is just personal preference.
Ultrasounds $150 each IUI $320 each Gonal F covered by insurance Trigger Shot $150 Clomid $20 Progesterone $20
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hubert and his staff were extremely helpful and compassionate...Dr. Hubert made him very assessable... very caring and thorough. He took time to talk me through the difficulty of my diagnosis. I was did not feel rushed or feel that he was pressed with time. I appreciated his consolation and was seen within a timely matter...Dr. Hubert and his staff are willing to help and they understand the shame and difficulty finding acceptance in our infertility.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hubert is very caring and thorough. He took time to talk me through the difficulty of my diagnosis. I was did not feel rushed or feel that he was pressed with time. I appreciated his consolation and was seen within a timely matter.
Not being griped by fear because Dr. Hubert and his staff are willing to help and they understand the shame and difficulty finding acceptance in our infertility.
Dr. Hubert and his staff were extremely helpful and compassionate. Walking into the office know that there are others with the same problems really made it easier to continue with consultation. Dr. Hubert made him very assessable and his assistant Alondra was very attentive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
They were understanding and there when we are falling apart. They also were very knowledgeable in the IVF process, finding assistance with medication and empathic to my sensitivity.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
Strengths: Scheduling was done within a week. Staff calls back within a timely manner and on available on weekends. Staff are compassionate to our grief and loss. Staff was always willing to help, making us feel comfortable and answer questions.
15,000~