Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center

Medical SchoolN. Eastern Ohio U.
ResidencyNaval Reg Med Ctr
Dearborn, MI 48124
Novi
26850 Providence Parkway
Novi, MI 48374
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gary Jones to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.5
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr Jones did clarify what my best option was and that was IVF. But we chose IUI because it was affordable... was very compassionate to mine and my husbands needs. When we couldn't afford medication since our insurance didn't cover it, he donated it. That was a true blessing to us...He is a great listener and only wants to help others have a family...We took follistim injections for about a week every night at 6 pm, I got monitored every 3 days, then triggered when my follicles were of good size and came back in for IUI.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Dr Gary Jones was very compassionate to mine and my husbands needs. When we couldn't afford medication since our insurance didn't cover it, he donated it. That was a true blessing to us. Dr Jones made it clear that IVF was our best option but for my husband and I, it was very financially stressful. We'd love to do IVF now and would most certainly continue with Dr Jones if it became affordable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Ask all the questions you have and don't be afraid. He is a great listener and only wants to help others have a family. ♥️
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Like a number because it was in and out and when I had questions I felt scared to ask cause I felt like I was bugging the nurses. Like a human cause Dr Jones did clarify what my best option was and that was IVF. But we chose IUI because it was affordable.
Describe the protocols Gary Jones used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
We took follistim injections for about a week every night at 6 pm, I got monitored every 3 days, then triggered when my follicles were of good size and came back in for IUI. During my IUI it was painful and the nurses had a hard time opening my uterus since it is retroverted. But they managed after several attempts both times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Chrissy)
I didn't really see my primary nurse too much. I mainly talked to her on the phone when I had questions and she was very educated with all the questions I had. The team of nurses were great. My only issue was the struggle getting my uterus open when it was time for the IUI.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Their strength is the knowledge they all posses. They are very informative. The weakness is when a patient, such as I, call alot with questions and you can start to hear and feel a slight aggravation in their tone or response. I know dealing with woman trying to get pregnant can be stressful cause it is for the woman trying, but we are fragile and sensitive during this time and only want answers. Just keep in mind that everyone is trying to help during the process and don't give up. Have patience. ♥️🙏😊
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Our IUIs were covered by our insurance but we did have 20% out of pocket costs and we had to pay for the medications as well.
Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
Gurnee
He [Dr. Jones] gave me the facts in a straightforward manner and let me make all decisions. My care was personalized specifically for my husband and I....brought a sense of humor that I appreciated as well...communicated well with me. He was around to ask questions if need be. I loved his honesty and up front approach. He didn’t pressure me into any decisions and made me feel comfortable with my choices.
European, Latino
Dr. Jones communicated well with me. He was around to ask questions if need be. I loved his honesty and up front approach. He didn’t pressure me into any decisions and made me feel comfortable with my choices.
Be prepared to make your own informed decisions. This is your journey.
He gave me the facts in a straightforward manner and let me make all decisions. My care was personalized specifically for my husband and I. Dr. Jones brought a sense of humor that I appreciated as well.
For my IVF cycle we used injectables and a lupron trigger to avoid OHSS from me having PCOS. I was closely monitored, coming in for blood and ultrasounds daily and adjusting the doses as needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Deena)
Deena talked to me on a nearly daily basis. If she wasn’t available there were a few other nurses I saw regularly as well. They were all understanding and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
AFCC has excellent success ratings and they are open seven days a week. This was amazing to have the clinic and procedures available when my body was ready for it instead of hoping for the best as most clinics don’t have weekend hours.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
My monitoring appointments went smoothly. I very rarely had to wait, and if I did it was less than 15 minutes.
My insurance covered a portion, I paid a copay at each visit. Anything above that they would let me know so I was prepared to pay.
Describe Gary Jones's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
I chose to transfer two embryos and had to sign a waiver the day of the transfer. I was informed of the risk for multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago