Nurse available by email
Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolN. Eastern Ohio U.
ResidencyNaval Reg Med Ctr
FellowshipWayne State
30 Tower Court
Gurnee, IL 60031
Chicago
4920 N Central Ave
Chicago, IL 60630
Crystal Lake
820 East Terra Cotta Ave.
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gary Jones to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 81%Don't recommend: 19%8

4.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Jones is a fantastic doctor. He is very knowledgeable and I can tell he genuinely wants to help us conceive. ... I have diminished ovarian reserve, adenomyosis and endometriosis and he is still hopeful that we can conceive with IUI. He gives me hope for our future and moving forward! ... He initially recommended that I have a laparoscopy surgery to diagnose endometriosis and I truly felt that he recommended that to me because that is what was best for me. ...
They [AFCC] have a great lab, great nursing staff who is very responsive and they have state of the art equipment and great hours. I called with a question and my personal nurse was out for the day but they quickly found another nurse for me to ask questions to. ... Very quick to respond to emails and very caring. ... My insurance covers (for now) but they have very affordable cash-only pricing options as well.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Dr. Jones is a fantastic doctor. He is very knowledgeable and I can tell he genuinely wants to help us conceive. He initially recommended that I have a laparoscopy surgery to diagnose endometriosis and I truly felt that he recommended that to me because that is what was best for me. I am always leery of fertility doctors just quickly recommending IVF right away because that is the money maker but he made it clear that he wanted me to find answers I have been searching for rather than just go straight for IVF. I have diminished ovarian reserve, adenomyosis and endometriosis and he is still hopeful that we can conceive with IUI. He gives me hope for our future and moving forward!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Dr. Jones doesn't sugar coat anything but that is one thing I like about him. If you are sick of getting the runaround from other doctors and tired of not having answers, Dr. Jones is your guy -- he is straight and to the point. After dealing with infertility for over a year, this is refreshing and I prefer a doctor who is blunt and to the point.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Dr. Jones is fantastic. I am still treating with him but I wanted to provide some feedback. I went for my consult with Dr. Jones in May of 2019 and he recommended that I have a laparoscopy to formally diagnose me with endometriosis and have my regular OB perform the surgery and take pictures. I had the laparoscopy done in August of 2019 and two weeks after my surgery I came back to see Dr. Jones and even after one prior meeting with me it was clear he remembered exactly who I was and he was very thorough and didn't make me feel rushed and answered all of my questions. He recently diagnosed me with diminished ovarian reserve and I was very concerned about it and he called me in the middle of a crazy Monday and discussed the results with me and his recommendations for how we should proceed. He is fantastic and I will continue my treatment with him and update FIQ accordingly!
Describe the protocols Gary Jones used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
I have only been treating with him for about 5 months so this section is a work in progress.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Crissy H.)
Very quick to respond to emails and very caring.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
They have a great lab, great nursing staff who is very responsive and they have state of the art equipment and great hours. I called with a question and my personal nurse was out for the day but they quickly found another nurse for me to ask questions to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Describe Gary Jones's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gary Jones at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

I like him [Dr. Gary Jones]. He’s a straight shooter and doesn’t sugarcoat. My husband likes him too, because he feels he doesn’t bullshit us. Now, I’ve only went through retrieval so I can’t comment on success but so far, I feel very confident in my care. I 100% recommend Garry Jones...Ask questions. He’s happy to answer. He’s not pretentious at all... Dr Jones put me on low dose HCG and 550 Gonal F with less days
2 IVFs for 20k plus tax [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago]. Meds are extra. Visits range from 250-500. I found costs easy to understand and the woman in their billing department is stellar...is a small clinic. I’m used to the large clinics where you’re often talking to an answering machine or getting instructions from an app. Though I’d admit that I don’t feel like AFC connects you to your RE more then the bigger clinics, they do give you a more personalized connect with your nurse. They easily assist in answering questions and it feels less ‘cattle farmish’ My only suggestion to people is to ask about your follicle update throughout the process because they don’t typically review these with you at each visit like the big clinics do. But that’s not a big deal. Just ask and they will let you know
I like him. He’s a straight shooter and doesn’t sugarcoat. My husband likes him too, because he feels he doesn’t bullshit us. Now, I’ve only went through retrieval so I can’t comment on success but so far, I feel very confident in my care. I 100% recommend Garry Jones.
Ask questions. He’s happy to answer. He’s not pretentious at all (just saying that because I saw mention that some people found doctors at this clinic pretentious).
AFC is a small clinic. I’m used to the large clinics where you’re often talking to an answering machine or getting instructions from an app. Though I’d admit that I don’t feel like AFC connects you to your RE more then the bigger clinics, they do give you a more personalized connect with your nurse. They easily assist in answering questions and it feels less ‘cattle farmish’ My only suggestion to people is to ask about your follicle update throughout the process because they don’t typically review these with you at each visit like the big clinics do. But that’s not a big deal. Just ask and they will let you know
I had 2 previous cycles with LH, Gonal-F (250) and Ganerilx. Dr Jones put me on low dose HCG and 550 Gonal F with less days of My first cycle I got 2 eggs, the second I got 6. The 3rd I got 7 (with Dr Jones). Based on my numbers, I’m told I should be getting double but I suppose I’m a grower rather then a show’er. I paid for the 2 IVF cycles for 20k. It’s more expensive obviously but I like that it offers me a back-up. We just did our retrieval so I can’t comment on anything past that. I’m currently 39 w unexplained infertility. Been trying since 36. My husband is 36 w no issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Diane)
I adore Diane. Adore might be an understatement actually. Hands down one of their most valuable people. Very prompt in answering questions. Will find time to talk to patients. She’s often rushed because she’s seeing a lot of patients but she will always give you the time you deserve.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
My comments on AFC in general, the Chicago office looks right out of the 70s/80s. When I first visited, I was a bit put off but I’m glad I kept going with them. It’s weird, you have to go through a 1970s style medical building and go through a medical waiting room, to get to the waiting room of their office. When you go in, it looks a bit like an outdated walk-in clinic. I’d recommend moving offices or at least updating the place. I’d also recommend making a patient portal or an app. But the care at AFC is 100% spot on and that’s what really matters.
It’s all listed on line. 2 IVFs for 20k plus tax. Meds are extra. Visits range from 250-500. I found costs easy to understand and the woman in their billing department is stellar. I had some unconventional billing requests and she happily complied.
Not sure yet.
+ Read more- Read less

If we wanted info from him we needed to pay for it. He said numerous times, “I think your tubes are open.I know one is, but I think the other is also.” He also treated us as we were experts on infertility and money was no object. He promised us operations that he couldn’t follow through with. ... Use higher dose of chlomid, intercourse every other day. Try for a few months and be seen again.
Awkward donation room. Not very money friendly as they did not seem to care whether you were trying to save money or not. Clinic [Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] has two entries and can be hard to find without address really standing out. Clinic seems to favor the quick in, quick out, very knowledgeable, wealthy citizens. ... The whole staff at the gurney clinic that we came in contact with was short and unfriendly, and did not walk us through the processes well.
Be very knowledgeable on infertility and the process of it, or you will be paying a lot to ask him the questions.
Very quick answering questions timed out time with him down to the minute to charge us for it. More questions we ask, the more we pay!
Nurse was very blunt which we liked, but didn’t share information and was not friendly. The whole staff at the gurney clinic that we came in contact with was short and unfriendly, and did not walk us through the processes well. In fact we usually left more confused then when we got there. We have had family members go there with great results, but unfortunately for us, we have not yet had the same path.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Clinic was small, but clean. Rooms were close together, and walls very thin. Awkward donation room. Not very money friendly as they did not seem to care whether you were trying to save money or not. Clinic has two entries and can be hard to find without address really standing out. Clinic seems to favor the quick in, quick out, very knowledgeable, wealthy citizens.
I honestly can’t remember any of the costs, but I know at one point we would have rather been less informed than sitting and being charged by the minute to talk to the doctor.
Didn’t get into those in-depth conversations because he assumed we knew everything about them and their costs.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr Jones did clarify what my best option was and that was IVF. But we chose IUI because it was affordable... was very compassionate to mine and my husbands needs. When we couldn't afford medication since our insurance didn't cover it, he donated it. That was a true blessing to us...He is a great listener and only wants to help others have a family...We took follistim injections for about a week every night at 6 pm, I got monitored every 3 days, then triggered when my follicles were of good size and came back in for IUI.
I didn't really see my primary nurse [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] too much. I mainly talked to her on the phone when I had questions and she was very educated with all the questions I had. The team of nurses were great. My only issue was the struggle getting my uterus open when it was time for the IUI...They are very informative. The weakness is when a patient, such as I, call alot with questions and you can start to hear and feel a slight aggravation in their tone or response.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr Gary Jones was very compassionate to mine and my husbands needs. When we couldn't afford medication since our insurance didn't cover it, he donated it. That was a true blessing to us. Dr Jones made it clear that IVF was our best option but for my husband and I, it was very financially stressful. We'd love to do IVF now and would most certainly continue with Dr Jones if it became affordable.
Ask all the questions you have and don't be afraid. He is a great listener and only wants to help others have a family. ♥️
Like a number because it was in and out and when I had questions I felt scared to ask cause I felt like I was bugging the nurses. Like a human cause Dr Jones did clarify what my best option was and that was IVF. But we chose IUI because it was affordable.
We took follistim injections for about a week every night at 6 pm, I got monitored every 3 days, then triggered when my follicles were of good size and came back in for IUI. During my IUI it was painful and the nurses had a hard time opening my uterus since it is retroverted. But they managed after several attempts both times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Chrissy)
I didn't really see my primary nurse too much. I mainly talked to her on the phone when I had questions and she was very educated with all the questions I had. The team of nurses were great. My only issue was the struggle getting my uterus open when it was time for the IUI.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Their strength is the knowledge they all posses. They are very informative. The weakness is when a patient, such as I, call alot with questions and you can start to hear and feel a slight aggravation in their tone or response. I know dealing with woman trying to get pregnant can be stressful cause it is for the woman trying, but we are fragile and sensitive during this time and only want answers. Just keep in mind that everyone is trying to help during the process and don't give up. Have patience. ♥️🙏😊
Our IUIs were covered by our insurance but we did have 20% out of pocket costs and we had to pay for the medications as well.

2012 - 2015
I felt he [Dr. Jones] was a good doctor and we had 2 successful pregnancies with him...Nothing was pre-planned, it was all based on how I was responding to the meds both times. I got 18 eggs at my retrieval, all fertilized, the best 2 were a fresh transfer day 3. 7 more embryos made it to day 5 and were frozen. I had one failed frozen cycle 2 years later-birth control, lupron and vaginal estrace. 2 months after that tried only oral estrace and had a successful frozen cycle.
[the nurses at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center] Always called with every result, were very organized and always kept in close contact with my doctor for everything. Any question the would answer or get answered for me immediately. Very compassionate in a delicate situation...$20,000 including medications, ultrasounds, retrieval and fresh transfer. About $4,000 (each transfer) for meds and transfer for the 2 frozen transfers. Only thing covered by insurance was lab draws and some of the ultrasounds.
2012 - 2015
How was your experience with Gary Jones at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed)?
First time we met he told me I was the "best case scenario" only issue seemed to be blocked tubes. Everything-testing, medications, procedures went as described. Had a successful fresh transfer of 2 embryos and a successful transfer of a frozen embryo 2 years later. Always professional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Jones at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed)?
I felt he was a good doctor and we had 2 successful pregnancies with him. Scheduling appointments was not an issue.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Jones at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed)?
I never felt rushed in appointments with him. He was always informative and answered all my questions. Good personality.
Describe the protocols Gary Jones used in your cycles at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed) and their degree of success.
Stimulation for egg retrieval. Had daily ultrasound and blood work. When my follicles were a certain size the retrieval was scheduled for the next day. Nothing was pre-planned, it was all based on how I was responding to the meds both times. I got 18 eggs at my retrieval, all fertilized, the best 2 were a fresh transfer day 3. 7 more embryos made it to day 5 and were frozen. I had one failed frozen cycle 2 years later-birth control, lupron and vaginal estrace. 2 months after that tried only oral estrace and had a successful frozen cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
Describe your experience with Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
Easy to make appointments with, early times available to work with work schedules. Always very clean and organized. Ultrasound techs were very kind and professional and informative. Office staff were always professional and helpful with scheduling. Everyone was beyond excited to see our children after they were born and asked us to send pictures. We always felt like we were more than just a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Jones at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
Describe Gary Jones's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).
On my first transfer, he recommended 2 be transferred for higher success rates, however, he gave the option to only transfer one. I had no complications with the pregnancy until I had premature rupture of membranes and my twins were born at 31 weeks. When we went for the frozen cycle, it was suggested to transfer only one embryo due to my previous preterm delivery although gave the option to transfer 2 if we wanted.
Gary Jones
Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed)
Clinton Township (closed)
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gary Jones at Michigan Comprehensive Fertility Center (closed).

He [Dr. Jones] gave me the facts in a straightforward manner and let me make all decisions. My care was personalized specifically for my husband and I....brought a sense of humor that I appreciated as well...communicated well with me. He was around to ask questions if need be. I loved his honesty and up front approach. He didn’t pressure me into any decisions and made me feel comfortable with my choices.
For my IVF cycle [at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago] we used injectables and a lupron trigger to avoid OHSS from me having PCOS. I was closely monitored, coming in for blood and ultrasounds daily and adjusting the doses as needed...Deena [nurse] talked to me on a nearly daily basis. If she wasn’t available there were a few other nurses I saw regularly as well. They were all understanding and compassionate.
European, Latino
Dr. Jones communicated well with me. He was around to ask questions if need be. I loved his honesty and up front approach. He didn’t pressure me into any decisions and made me feel comfortable with my choices.
Be prepared to make your own informed decisions. This is your journey.
He gave me the facts in a straightforward manner and let me make all decisions. My care was personalized specifically for my husband and I. Dr. Jones brought a sense of humor that I appreciated as well.
For my IVF cycle we used injectables and a lupron trigger to avoid OHSS from me having PCOS. I was closely monitored, coming in for blood and ultrasounds daily and adjusting the doses as needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Deena)
Deena talked to me on a nearly daily basis. If she wasn’t available there were a few other nurses I saw regularly as well. They were all understanding and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
AFCC has excellent success ratings and they are open seven days a week. This was amazing to have the clinic and procedures available when my body was ready for it instead of hoping for the best as most clinics don’t have weekend hours.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
My monitoring appointments went smoothly. I very rarely had to wait, and if I did it was less than 15 minutes.
My insurance covered a portion, I paid a copay at each visit. Anything above that they would let me know so I was prepared to pay.
I chose to transfer two embryos and had to sign a waiver the day of the transfer. I was informed of the risk for multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?