Medical SchoolUniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
ResidencyUniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
FellowshipUniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
1 Jarrett White Rd
Honolulu, HI 96859
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gary Levy to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tripler Army Medical Center to a friend?
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr.levy has been an amazing doctor with great bedside manner, very personable, friendly, and educated. His only weakness i feel is that he can sometimes seem overly optimistic which isnt always bad but we all know this process doesnt always work... He was very on top of my treatments, and had me in weekly if not twice a week checking my progress for my egg retrival and ivf cycle. He said he would take an aggressive medicne regiment so that we would have great quality eggs
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dr.levy has been an amazing doctor with great bedside manner, very personable, friendly, and educated. His only weakness i feel is that he can sometimes seem overly optimistic which isnt always bad but we all know this process doesnt always work so im scared of false hope but that could be more of a problem with me than him. Other than that he has been able to explain every procedure , test, and scan so that i understood and knew exactly what was going to happen and in what order.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Ask for him over all the other doctors
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dr.levy had always spent as much time with me as needed. He has listened and even research questions i had to get a correct answer. He has always seemed az invested in my success as i am.
Describe the protocols Gary Levy used in your cycles at Tripler Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
Nice but some times overly busy
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Tripler REI clinic has been wonderful but i dont feel that the head doctor enjoys her job or cares for her patients. I was very lucky to get paired with dr.levy over the head doctor of the clinic. The REI clinic can feel disorganized at times, and the nurses and staff over worked. It can be hard to get ahold of nurses when starting cycles, but once situated with a doctor the process seems easier . i do wish they had an embrologist on staff so that i didnt have to be sent out for the egg retrival but i like that dr.levy was also registered with the outside clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center.
I paid $7,300 for the egg retrival, anestheta, 1 year egg retrival, and transfer.
Describe Gary Levy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tripler Army Medical Center.
What specific things went wrong at Tripler Army Medical Center?
2014 - 2017
Dr Levy would call or email to follow up with me. He wanted to make sure everything was perfect for transfer. He also took time to call me in his office after each exam to go over any questions or concerns... Dr Levy was knowledable and personable. I liked how he made sure I understood what was going on. I moved to a different state and he made sure to stay in contact with me and even called me to make sure all was ok.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Be prepared for the waitlist. As it's through the military and they can only take so many per cycle
I was on a pretty standard protocol. Although I did have to double my dose of estrogen for one of the cycles
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tripler Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Sharlene)
Sharlene was organized and made sure all prescription were called in and that I understood how to take each one.
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Clinic offered affordable procedures. Only downside is the waitlist. And that they do it in batch cycles. I understand the need for it though with their clinic. They do a excellent job with how many people they serve. They stay very busy.
All medications, ultrasound and bloodwork was covered. We paid out of pocket for IVF and genetic testing which cost us around $8,000 and a FET cost close to $2,000
For my age and previous cycles we chose 2 each time. He did explain it to us.