Available by cell phone
ResidencyUniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
FellowshipUniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
1 Jarrett White Rd
Honolulu, HI 96859
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gary Levy to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tripler Army Medical Center to a friend?
IVF, Donor Sperm
Doctor Levy explained the process, gave my wife and I our options and when the first egg retrival came back abnormal through PGS testing he provided us with words of encouragement to continue and alternate options to provide better results for the second cycle. ... Doctor Levy is a very gentle and kind doctor who understands his patients. His weakness that we saw at the beginning was that he is an introvert, we had to questions to gain knowledge but as time moved on and the more we met with Doctor Levy the more open he became.
The weakness [of Tripler Army Med Center] would be the nurses. The nurses are very helpful and will call you back usually the same day or the very latest the next morning. The nurses are just overwhelmed and could use some training on the process. ... We had to fill out the same paperwork three times due to the nursing staff misplacing and failing to submit paperwork to egg retrival clinic.
European, Latino
IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
I would tell them to build as much rapport during the first consult with Doctor Levy to help with the open communication throughout the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Describe the protocols Gary Levy used in your cycles at Tripler Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
1st cycle: Gonal: 300 Menopur: 2 By day 6: change dose of Menopor to 3. Results: 11 eggs retrieved on 26 AUG, 10 matured, 8 fertilized, and 3 embryos developed with abnormal results after PGT. 2nd cycle: Gonal: 300 Menopur: 2 Growth hormone: 2 Results: 25 eggs retrieved on 01 OCT, still waiting for the remainder of the results.
The nursing staff (3) seems overwhelmed and works out of a very small office. Out of the three staff members one staff member is the most knowledgeable which the other two staff members often ask for assistance on locating paperwork or understanding a certain process such as needle injections. My recommendation would be to provide the nurses with a larger office and hire another nurse to assist with the hectic workload.
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Strength would definitely be the Doctor Levy. The weakness would be the nurses. The nurses are very helpful and will call you back usually the same day or the very latest the next morning. The nurses are just overwhelmed and could use some training on the process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center.
1st cycle: IVF with ICSI: 5759.16 Embryo cyroperservation: 1570.68 Medication: cover my insurance PGT: 3141.36 (1047.12/per embryo: total of 3 tested) Second cycle: IVF with ICSI: 5759.16 Embryo cyropreservation: 1570.68
Describe Gary Levy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Tripler Army Medical Center.
He was more selective on transferring one embryo per procedure medically speaking due to possible risks. He explained the risks of multiple embryo transfers and why he will advice only one embryo per transfer with PGT testing. Without PGT he would only advice the transfer of 2 but he would preferred only one.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr.levy has been an amazing doctor with great bedside manner, very personable, friendly, and educated. His only weakness i feel is that he can sometimes seem overly optimistic which isnt always bad but we all know this process doesnt always work... He was very on top of my treatments, and had me in weekly if not twice a week checking my progress for my egg retrival and ivf cycle. He said he would take an aggressive medicne regiment so that we would have great quality eggs
The REI clinic can feel disorganized at times, and the nurses and staff over worked. It can be hard to get ahold of nurses when starting cycles, but once situated with a doctor the process seems easier . i do wish they had an embrologist on staff so that i didnt have to be sent out for the egg retrival but i like that dr.levy was also registered with the outside clinic... Nurses from the gyno clinic some times help out the nurses from the REI clinic and the gyno nurses some times give out bad or wrong info.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dr.levy has been an amazing doctor with great bedside manner, very personable, friendly, and educated. His only weakness i feel is that he can sometimes seem overly optimistic which isnt always bad but we all know this process doesnt always work so im scared of false hope but that could be more of a problem with me than him. Other than that he has been able to explain every procedure , test, and scan so that i understood and knew exactly what was going to happen and in what order.
Ask for him over all the other doctors
Dr.levy had always spent as much time with me as needed. He has listened and even research questions i had to get a correct answer. He has always seemed az invested in my success as i am.
Nice but some times overly busy
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Tripler REI clinic has been wonderful but i dont feel that the head doctor enjoys her job or cares for her patients. I was very lucky to get paired with dr.levy over the head doctor of the clinic. The REI clinic can feel disorganized at times, and the nurses and staff over worked. It can be hard to get ahold of nurses when starting cycles, but once situated with a doctor the process seems easier . i do wish they had an embrologist on staff so that i didnt have to be sent out for the egg retrival but i like that dr.levy was also registered with the outside clinic
I paid $7,300 for the egg retrival, anestheta, 1 year egg retrival, and transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center.

Dr. Levy seemed to give me the most information about the process... He was the first Doctor in that clinic to ask me about my sarcoidosis, which indicated that he had actually looked at my chart prior to walking into my appointment.... We are currently doing Gonal F and we don't have results of this round yet. He did explain that pending my next ultrasound we may increase the dosage. I feel like he has explained future options.
Weaknesses [Tripler Army Me Ctr], phone system. Multiple times there have been missed phone calls. Communication from the scheduling staff has been very frustrating. I found that it is easier to show up to the clinic to make appointments then to wait for a phone call back. Especially since it is such a time sensitive process. Strengths, the Ladies out front who check you in, and the nurses who do the vitals and accompany in the exam rooms are great. always cheery and pleasant.
How was your experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Dr. Levy seemed to give me the most information about the process. I didn't start my IUI journey with him but when I leave an appointment with him I don't have any questions. He also give me a written, by him, review of instructions and such.
He is very personable and I feel like he is genuinely interested in my case.
The ladies that do my vitals and assist in the exam room are always great. The staff that handles future bookings and medication training have been very frustrating and shown no compassion.
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Weaknesses, phone system. Multiple times there have been missed phone calls. Communication from the scheduling staff has been very frustrating. I found that it is easier to show up to the clinic to make appointments then to wait for a phone call back. Especially since it is such a time sensitive process. Strengths, the Ladies out front who check you in, and the nurses who do the vitals and accompany in the exam rooms are great. always cheery and pleasant.
none
2014 - 2017
Dr Levy would call or email to follow up with me. He wanted to make sure everything was perfect for transfer. He also took time to call me in his office after each exam to go over any questions or concerns... Dr Levy was knowledable and personable. I liked how he made sure I understood what was going on. I moved to a different state and he made sure to stay in contact with me and even called me to make sure all was ok.
Clinic [Tripler Army Medical Center] offered affordable procedures. Only downside is the waitlist. And that they do it in batch cycles. I understand the need for it though with their clinic. They do a excellent job with how many people they serve. They stay very busy.... Sharlene [a nurse] was organized and made sure all prescription were called in and that I understood how to take each one.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Gary Levy at Tripler Army Medical Center?
Be prepared for the waitlist. As it's through the military and they can only take so many per cycle
I was on a pretty standard protocol. Although I did have to double my dose of estrogen for one of the cycles
Describe your experience with your nurse at Tripler Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Sharlene)
Sharlene was organized and made sure all prescription were called in and that I understood how to take each one.
Describe your experience with Tripler Army Medical Center.
Clinic offered affordable procedures. Only downside is the waitlist. And that they do it in batch cycles. I understand the need for it though with their clinic. They do a excellent job with how many people they serve. They stay very busy.
All medications, ultrasound and bloodwork was covered. We paid out of pocket for IVF and genetic testing which cost us around $8,000 and a FET cost close to $2,000
For my age and previous cycles we chose 2 each time. He did explain it to us.