Mayo Clinic

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Bombay
ResidencyYale-New Haven Hosp
FellowshipYale
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gaurang Daftary to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mayo Clinic to a friend?
We saw Dr. Daftary primarily for our first cycle. That cycle was a learning curve for all of us and was full of little and big bumps along the way. He never made us feel like we should give up..Dr. Daftary is a very warm doctor. He enthusiastically greets you with a hug and showed us a great deal of compassion after our failed cycles...Don't be afraid to ask him questions or call him with concerns...when we ultimately did get pregnant from our 3rd cycle he was as excited as we were.
How was your experience with Gaurang Daftary at Mayo Clinic?
We saw Dr. Daftary primarily for our first cycle. That cycle was a learning curve for all of us and was full of little and big bumps along the way. He never made us feel like we should give up and when we ultimately did get pregnant from our 3rd cycle he was as excited as we were.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gaurang Daftary at Mayo Clinic?
Don't be afraid to ask him questions or call him with concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gaurang Daftary at Mayo Clinic?
Describe the protocols Gaurang Daftary used in your cycles at Mayo Clinic and their degree of success.
We had a fairly standard protocol on my side. I did end up with ohss the first time so we adjusted the stims for the next cycle. We did have to use icsi for fertilization.
Describe your experience with Mayo Clinic.
The clinic does have some organization issues. Nothing big enough to mess up our cycles but there were some hiccups.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gaurang Daftary at Mayo Clinic.
At the time the consultation was $500. The ivf package with offsite monitoring was $8700.
Describe Gaurang Daftary's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mayo Clinic.
All of the doctors at Mayo recommended one embryo for us. When I requested to transfer two the first cycle he was in agreement with my reasons and shared the risks. Ultimately we only had one blast that cycle. We transferred one during round two and then two during round 3. We were given everything we needed to know about the risks but we were in the drivers seat.
What specific things went wrong at Mayo Clinic?
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Daftary [at Mayo Clinic] was amazing. He has a very positive attitude, and is blunt and proactive when it comes to treatment options. I always felt comfortable with him...He always had a smile on his face and a positive attitude. He gave me hugs or patted my hand when he sensed I needed it...I had a successful IVF cycle with ICSI. We did ICSI because there was no logical reason why our medicated TI cycles weren't working so he suspected there might be an issue with my eggs being too tough for the sperm to penetrate. I can't remember the exact drugs and dosages right now.
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Gaurang Daftary at Mayo Clinic?
Dr. Daftary was amazing. He has a very positive attitude, and is blunt and proactive when it comes to treatment options. I always felt comfortable with him.