Gayane Ambartsumyan works at

510 N. Prospect Ave
Redondo Beach, CA 90277

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr Ambartsumyan has a caring manner.... I think some of the processes could have been explained better, for instance during our IUI treatments Dr Ambartsumyan was on vacation and we saw other doctors but I was not told that she was out of town and thought this was just the way the clinic ran... We did 3 IUIs with clomid because we had some male factor (morphology and motility) no pregnancies. IVF retrieval, antagonist protocol as i had high AMH and seemed to have good egg reserve based on other parameters.
The nursing staff [Reproductive Partners Medical Group] was nice but I was not assigned to one particular nurse which makes it harder to provide continuity in care.... Be prepared to have your mind boggled trying to figure out the actual cost. They did directly bill anything they could to insurance like consultations which was convenient. The front desk staff were very nice. We often waited a long time for appointments.... They offered a risk share program through a 3rd party vendor you could join if you qualified. They also offered some kind of program through the clinic that if you were unsuccessful after the second ivf retrieval and using all embryos you would get the third cycle free
How was your experience with Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr Ambartsumyan has a caring manner. Our results were not as good as we had hoped given the number of eggs retreived and i may not have been as straightforward a case as originally anticipated. It was alluded to that I might have poor egg quality which caused me a lot of emotional distress. While this could still be true I would have appreciated a more transparent assessment of the role that the hormones can play in egg quality especially since the first retrieval involves a bit more guess work as to how your body will respond to treatment. We decided to get a second opinion and do another retrieval before doing a transfer. My assessment at a different clinic was that I had probably been overstimulated on all IUIs and IVF and had a much better embryo result on my second retrieval at another clinic. In fairness Dr Ambartsumyan had also said that she would give me less medication if I did another retrieval.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
If you don't understand something to speak up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Dr. Ambartsumyan has a good bedside manner. I felt the clinic in general was a bit confusing especially for a first time infertility patient.
Describe the protocols Gayane Ambartsumyan used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
We did 3 IUIs with clomid because we had some male factor (morphology and motility) no pregnancies. IVF retrieval, antagonist protocol as i had high AMH and seemed to have good egg reserve based on other parameters. High number of eggs retrieved, poor fertilization. Had some embryos to freeze, one ok quality blastocyst, one not so great blastocyst and two that were not yet blastocysts. We did not do a transfer and still have the embryos frozen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The nursing staff was nice but I was not assigned to one particular nurse which makes it harder to provide continuity in care. I think some of the processes could have been explained better, for instance during our IUI treatments Dr Ambartsumyan was on vacation and we saw other doctors but I was not told that she was out of town and thought this was just the way the clinic ran depending on who was on that day, but actually it seems you will see your primary Dr for everything under normal circumstances.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
The financial consultation was confusing and our consultant was not very compassionate. Be prepared to have your mind boggled trying to figure out the actual cost. They did directly bill anything they could to insurance like consultations which was convenient. The front desk staff were very nice. We often waited a long time for appointments. Newbies should make sure they ask questions if anything doesn't seem right.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gayane Ambartsumyan at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
They offered a risk share program through a 3rd party vendor you could join if you qualified. They also offered some kind of program through the clinic that if you were unsuccessful after the second ivf retrieval and using all embryos you would get the third cycle free (may have also been some qualification requirements). The IUIs were cheaper than they would have been at some other clinics because our insurance policy covered ultrasounds.
Describe Gayane Ambartsumyan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Seemed to be based on the situation, we could have done two embryo transfer if we wanted to based on the quality of blastocysts we had to transfer.
Gayane Ambartsumyan