Nurse available by email
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gene Manko to a friend?
7.3

4.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Florida to a friend?
2013 - 2018
For all 3 of my IUI cycles [with Dr. Manko] over the course of my treatment I used Clomid and a trigger shot and I did 2 Back to back IUI’s each cycle...My attempt at 2nd child thru IUI resulted in a miscarriage for 1 embryo and a ruptured tubal for the 2nd embryo. It was this last this terrible experience that really made me realize how wonderful Dr Manko and his staff really are. They were so compassionate but also realistically prepared for what was happening.
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
I was so happy with Dr Manko with my 1st IUI and resulting pregnancy, they had to give me a date had to have an OBGYN by once I was pregnant because I didn’t want to stop going to his office. My second attempts at a child really showed what a wonderful doctor he is. I also wanted someone who was honest with me and wouldn’t sugarcoat the bad things and he was that while still be compassionate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Listen to your options and be sure you know what he suggests you go with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
My first IUI with Dr Manko resulted in my son. My attempt at 2nd child thru IUI resulted in a miscarriage for 1 embryo and a ruptured tubal for the 2nd embryo. It was this last this terrible experience that really made me realize how wonderful Dr Manko and his staff really are. They were so compassionate but also realistically prepared for what was happening.
Describe the protocols Gene Manko used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
For all 3 of my IUI cycles over the course of my treatment I used Clomid and a trigger shot and I did 2 Back to back IUI’s each cycle. I was 32 with my 1 st pregnancy and 37 with my second attempts but 1 of my Fallopian tubes is completely blocked so the Clomid was so I would ovulate on both sides each cycle.
The nurses were amazing and definitely made me call very comfortable with everything I was going thru. When I went thru my miscarriage they were so compassionate.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida is a pretty expansive operation. My IUI’s were done 1.5 hours away from my home and where I see Dr Manko. Though it was far away, they are so organized and the staff is very personable. Over the course of my treatment I have been to the Port St. Lucie, Jupiter, and Margate offices and it was all very cohesive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
I think when I did an IUI cycle in 2018 the expenses were around $3500 ( that was for 2 IUI’s in one cycle and doesn’t include the $1500 for the sperm purchase).
Port St. Lucie

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
First IUI unsuccessful [with Dr. Gene Manko]...I have met with Dr Manko once during this process. We are just starting our second IUI with injectables. All communication has been through the nurses... was very friendly and listened to all my concerns. He went over all of our testing in detail. My only concern is I wish I would have heard from him after our first failed IUI. I spoke to the nurses who then spoke to him. My meds were only adjusted because I asked for them to be.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Dr Gene Manko was very friendly and listened to all my concerns. He went over all of our testing in detail. My only concern is I wish I would have heard from him after our first failed IUI. I spoke to the nurses who then spoke to him. My meds were only adjusted because I asked for them to be.
Ask questions and advocate for yourself. I would say that about any doc/patient relationship.
1st IUI 75units if Gonal-F Triggered on day 9 of Injections with 10,000 units of HCG. One follicle which was 17.3mm IUI #1 12 hrs after trigger and IUI #2 36 hrs after trigger Lining was within normal limits. Progesterone suppository until period arrived. First IUI unsuccessful. This cycle I started with 150units if Gonal-F for two days and then 75units for two days with a monitoring US on the 5th day in the morning which is tomorrow.
The nursing staff is wonderful. They communicate quickly although some of them are clearly less experienced than others. Any issues I had were addressed immediately. I was very impressed.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
There are baby photos at check out. I know this can be triggering for some. The office is clean and usually runs on time. They are quick to get results into the portal and address any concerns. I will say the US staff is hit or miss. They have been very nice but maybe need more education about how to speak to those with infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
Our diagnostics were covered by our insurance but the IUI including meds were not. Our first IUI was $4,000 including meds and all US.
Describe Gene Manko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Manko knew us by name each time we met. Each time we have discussed IVF, it has been in depth and answered all of our questions. We felt very confident that Dr. Manko knew the best course for us to take.... When we started fertility treatments, I had already had both tubes removed, so it was straight to discussing IVF for us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
When we started fertility treatments, I had already had both tubes removed, so it was straight to discussing IVF for us. We scheduled our first cycle Summer 2016, but had to postpone for financing reasons due to building our home. Dr. Manko is the second doctor I saw for fertility treatments, and worked with us the best he could to save costs during the testing phases. He explained things thoroughly.
Unfortunately, the discussion of financing does not come until very late in the process. You can google the costs, so its no surprise that it is going to cost $20k+ when it is all said and done. The surprise, which could cause you to have to delay your cycle, is that financing is outrageous. There isn't an easy payment plan and the interest rate is extreme. Save as much as you can before you even walk in the first time.
Ours was pretty straight forward IVF, no ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
The nursing staff and care coordinator were all wonderful. The only issue I had with my (cancelled) treatment was how the financing was handled. I called several times to set up discussion (per my care coordinators instruction) and was told we couldn't talk about it without protocol. Finally, I said "please go ask someone else and don't dismiss me because I know my protocol exists somewhere." It was only then that she would speak to me. The frustrating part is that my question (had she let me ask it in the first place) was simply, "what are the financing terms?" If I'd have had the terms, I would have been able to stop sooner and perhaps not spent so much money on testing that I will have to spend again once we have enough saved to start.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Location - Port St. Lucie is absolutely their biggest strength. We have no one else up near us. Financing - Biggest weakness. The discussion of financing (if needed) should happen much sooner. Specifically for IVF patients because the costs are the highest for them and happen all at one time. Even if a blanket cost is used, such as, "Your treatment will cost around $25,000. Your financing options are: ___________________." I was hoping for terms that were a little more reasonable, like you can receive for other medical procedures including cosmetic procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
We cancelled our first cycle due to cost.
Dr. Manko is a big proponent of elective single embryo transfer. His number one goal is always a full term, healthy baby.
Port St. Lucie

Dr Manko has a lot of experience and was highly recommended but I feel like he didn’t give us realistic expectations based on my condition and gave false hope. I have stage 4 endometriosis and instead of referring me to a specialist to greater my chances he created an urgency to get Ivf done. Thinking about it now, I wish I would have looked at the research myself and the statistics to better make a decision, in order to be more successful in Ivf
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Read up on your scientific journals before, make sure you get a second opinion, and be your biggest advocate don’t be afraid to speak up
We went over all of the statistics based on my age and how healthy I was, never acknowledged how severe my endometriosis was and how our success rate was highly diminished due to his chronic condition
The nurses and staff are just there to do their job, they don’t seem to want to be more involved than what they already have to do
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The communication is horrible. We did genetic testing and if we didn’t fight the bill they would have charged us for make and female full genetic testing, when they had recommended for me to do a full test and just test my husband for whatever I get to make sure we spend less money. Another time I was scheduled on the wrong day! I called and made an appointment, I wrote it on my phone, I showed up and the receptionist told me that my appointment wasn’t today it was tomorrow. Just so many little annoying details that I wish they would be more careful with.
Miami

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Dr manko had excellent communication. He was candid but kind. We left with knowledge and hope after each time we saw him. He knows what he is doing. He is sympathetic and understanding. We appreciated all his efforts.... He had the perfect demeanor. At times i felt like a number because of how long we waited each cisit and how communication is only through an electronic patient portal.... 3 cycles of clomid. When that did nit produce reults we did injectables.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Trust in his wisdom.
Dr manko was kind and patient with us. He had the perfect demeanor. At times i felt like a number because of how long we waited each cisit and how communication is only through an electronic patient portal.
3 cycles of clomid. When that did nit produce reults we did injectables. Two cycles of injectables. We did one single IUI and one double IUI. Negative reults on both of them.
At times i felt the nirses were personal and at times i felt like just any old client.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The biggest weakness is that everything has to be done around the clinics schedule instead of the patients. U cant make an appt in the afternoon if that works for u because the test u need done is only performed in the morning. Not every clinic branch is open every day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
Our health insurance covered nothing so we found procedures and tests to be expensive to say the least.

2013 - 2014
2 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 5 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr Manko] spent all the time we needed explaining everything, and literally held my hand through the whole process. He called personally to share good and bad news....Billing dept awful. Front desk at main location not the friendliest, but great at Jupiter location. Big clinic, but still personal...Full cycles were $18,000 - $20,000 including medications. Transfer of frozen embryos was $9,000 - $11,000.
2013 - 2014
2 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 5 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
No complaints. He was great. Went above and beyond to make things work for us
Share concerns so he can work with you to help. I was nervous about the injections and he was patient and willing to help me find ways to make it less scary
He spent all the time we needed explaining everything, and literally held my hand through the whole process. He called personally to share good and bad news.
At 36, I wanted 2-3 children, so we went through 2 full egg retrieval cycles to freeze embryos before the first transfer. Total of 3 transfers, with 2 embryos each time. One negative, one chemical pregnancy and then my twins!
Most of my appointments for blood tests and ultrasounds were at the Jupiter office. Small office, and over the course of 5 cycles they treated me like family, sharing as much information as they had, mourning and celebrating with me.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Billing dept awful. Front desk at main location not the friendliest, but great at Jupoter location. Big clinic, but still personal
Margate

2009 - 2011
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Manko, is a great person. He his honest and caring. He tries his best to give you different options. This is if you get to meet with him, because now he is very busy.
2009 - 2011
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Busy office.
Prior to Dr. Manko transition from private practice to joining IVF it was a great office, but after he transitioned and increased his case load it was no longer a personal experience. It was all about the money.