IVF Florida

Icon emailNurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Pennsylvania
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gene Manko to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 2Neutral: 28.8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Florida to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 28Neutral: 11Don't recommend: 97.9
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Manko knew us by name each time we met. Each time we have discussed IVF, it has been in depth and answered all of our questions. We felt very confident that Dr. Manko knew the best course for us to take.... When we started fertility treatments, I had already had both tubes removed, so it was straight to discussing IVF for us.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
When we started fertility treatments, I had already had both tubes removed, so it was straight to discussing IVF for us. We scheduled our first cycle Summer 2016, but had to postpone for financing reasons due to building our home. Dr. Manko is the second doctor I saw for fertility treatments, and worked with us the best he could to save costs during the testing phases. He explained things thoroughly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Unfortunately, the discussion of financing does not come until very late in the process. You can google the costs, so its no surprise that it is going to cost $20k+ when it is all said and done. The surprise, which could cause you to have to delay your cycle, is that financing is outrageous. There isn't an easy payment plan and the interest rate is extreme. Save as much as you can before you even walk in the first time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Describe the protocols Gene Manko used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
Ours was pretty straight forward IVF, no ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
The nursing staff and care coordinator were all wonderful. The only issue I had with my (cancelled) treatment was how the financing was handled. I called several times to set up discussion (per my care coordinators instruction) and was told we couldn't talk about it without protocol. Finally, I said "please go ask someone else and don't dismiss me because I know my protocol exists somewhere." It was only then that she would speak to me. The frustrating part is that my question (had she let me ask it in the first place) was simply, "what are the financing terms?" If I'd have had the terms, I would have been able to stop sooner and perhaps not spent so much money on testing that I will have to spend again once we have enough saved to start.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Location - Port St. Lucie is absolutely their biggest strength. We have no one else up near us. Financing - Biggest weakness. The discussion of financing (if needed) should happen much sooner. Specifically for IVF patients because the costs are the highest for them and happen all at one time. Even if a blanket cost is used, such as, "Your treatment will cost around $25,000. Your financing options are: ___________________." I was hoping for terms that were a little more reasonable, like you can receive for other medical procedures including cosmetic procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
We cancelled our first cycle due to cost.
Describe Gene Manko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Dr. Manko is a big proponent of elective single embryo transfer. His number one goal is always a full term, healthy baby.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Dr manko had excellent communication. He was candid but kind. We left with knowledge and hope after each time we saw him. He knows what he is doing. He is sympathetic and understanding. We appreciated all his efforts.... He had the perfect demeanor. At times i felt like a number because of how long we waited each cisit and how communication is only through an electronic patient portal.... 3 cycles of clomid. When that did nit produce reults we did injectables.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Trust in his wisdom.
Dr manko was kind and patient with us. He had the perfect demeanor. At times i felt like a number because of how long we waited each cisit and how communication is only through an electronic patient portal.
3 cycles of clomid. When that did nit produce reults we did injectables. Two cycles of injectables. We did one single IUI and one double IUI. Negative reults on both of them.
At times i felt the nirses were personal and at times i felt like just any old client.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The biggest weakness is that everything has to be done around the clinics schedule instead of the patients. U cant make an appt in the afternoon if that works for u because the test u need done is only performed in the morning. Not every clinic branch is open every day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
Our health insurance covered nothing so we found procedures and tests to be expensive to say the least.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
2013 - 2014
2 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 5 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr Manko] spent all the time we needed explaining everything, and literally held my hand through the whole process. He called personally to share good and bad news....Billing dept awful. Front desk at main location not the friendliest, but great at Jupiter location. Big clinic, but still personal...Full cycles were $18,000 - $20,000 including medications. Transfer of frozen embryos was $9,000 - $11,000.
2013 - 2014
2 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, 5 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
No complaints. He was great. Went above and beyond to make things work for us
Share concerns so he can work with you to help. I was nervous about the injections and he was patient and willing to help me find ways to make it less scary
He spent all the time we needed explaining everything, and literally held my hand through the whole process. He called personally to share good and bad news.
At 36, I wanted 2-3 children, so we went through 2 full egg retrieval cycles to freeze embryos before the first transfer. Total of 3 transfers, with 2 embryos each time. One negative, one chemical pregnancy and then my twins!
Most of my appointments for blood tests and ultrasounds were at the Jupiter office. Small office, and over the course of 5 cycles they treated me like family, sharing as much information as they had, mourning and celebrating with me.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Billing dept awful. Front desk at main location not the friendliest, but great at Jupoter location. Big clinic, but still personal
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
Margate
2009 - 2011
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Manko, is a great person. He his honest and caring. He tries his best to give you different options. This is if you get to meet with him, because now he is very busy.
2009 - 2011
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Busy office.
Prior to Dr. Manko transition from private practice to joining IVF it was a great office, but after he transitioned and increased his case load it was no longer a personal experience. It was all about the money.
Jupiter