6.1

Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222

[Dr. Gene Manko] took time to explain treatment options to us and asked me follow up questions. He was also Really good at getting my husband to participate in conversations by being leas formal and down to earth...has years of experience and does a good job at explaining options and why each one may or may not be a good fit for you. He is attentive during conversations. For us he recommended donor eggs but was willing to try IUI first. After 3 cycles he encouraged us to reconsider donor eggs and explained why. He did not force it on us but gave us information and asked us to consider it
The staff [at IVF Florida] was well organized and would provide additional information and answer questions I may not have remembered to ask Dr Manko. They were Very well educated and compassionate...We spent between $2000 to $3000 per IUI cycle...With fertility care there seems to be a big focus on payment. Since it was not covered by my insurance they always kept me informed of fees and collected them when i checked out. That was reasonable but the checkout person seemed less caring and personable
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Dr. manko has years of experience and does a good job at explaining options and why each one may or may not be a good fit for you. He is attentive during conversations. For us he recommended donor eggs but was willing to try IUI first. After 3 cycles he encouraged us to reconsider donor eggs and explained why. He did not force it on us but gave us information and asked us to consider it
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Be prepared for Very nice but honest discussions. He discusses options with data on success rates And how tour specific situation fits into those options
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Dr. manko took time to explain treatment options to us and asked me follow up questions. He was also Really good at getting my husband to participate in conversations by being leas formal and down to earth
Describe the protocols Gene Manko used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
I inquired about clomid and he agreed to a clomid challenge. I did not respond well to clomid. When i asked about other options we trialed letrozole. After a small response, he increased the letrozole dose to 7.5 mg. When the Ultrasound showed i responded well to that He also added FSH shots for 2 nights, one night ‘off’ and then an hcg trigger shot. From what i can recall my IUI was done ~ 36 hr later
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Darcy)
The staff was well organized and would provide additional information and answer questions I may not have remembered to ask Dr Manko. They were Very well educated and compassionate.
We spent between $2000 to $3000 per IUI cycle
Describe Gene Manko's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
No embryo transfers done
Jupiter
First IUI unsuccessful [with Dr. Gene Manko]...I have met with Dr Manko once during this process. We are just starting our second IUI with injectables. All communication has been through the nurses... was very friendly and listened to all my concerns. He went over all of our testing in detail. My only concern is I wish I would have heard from him after our first failed IUI. I spoke to the nurses who then spoke to him. My meds were only adjusted because I asked for them to be.
Before my monitoring US appointment [at IVF Florida- Jupiter] an unrealistic timeline was given. I mentioned this to the head nurse and she said she would handle it. Basically every nurse I spoke to made me thing the next US would be it and we would do IUI the next day. This was distressing because each US was $200...Our first IUI was $4,000 including meds and all US...There are baby photos at check out. I know this can be triggering for some. The office is clean and usually runs on time. They are quick to get results into the portal and address any concerns. I will say the US staff is hit or miss. They have been very nice but maybe need more education about how to speak to those with infertility.
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
Dr Gene Manko was very friendly and listened to all my concerns. He went over all of our testing in detail. My only concern is I wish I would have heard from him after our first failed IUI. I spoke to the nurses who then spoke to him. My meds were only adjusted because I asked for them to be.
Ask questions and advocate for yourself. I would say that about any doc/patient relationship.
1st IUI 75units if Gonal-F Triggered on day 9 of Injections with 10,000 units of HCG. One follicle which was 17.3mm IUI #1 12 hrs after trigger and IUI #2 36 hrs after trigger Lining was within normal limits. Progesterone suppository until period arrived. First IUI unsuccessful. This cycle I started with 150units if Gonal-F for two days and then 75units for two days with a monitoring US on the 5th day in the morning which is tomorrow.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
The nursing staff is wonderful. They communicate quickly although some of them are clearly less experienced than others. Any issues I had were addressed immediately. I was very impressed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
Our diagnostics were covered by our insurance but the IUI including meds were not. Our first IUI was $4,000 including meds and all US.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
Before my monitoring US appointment an unrealistic timeline was given. I mentioned this to the head nurse and she said she would handle it. Basically every nurse I spoke to made me thing the next US would be it and we would do IUI the next day. This was distressing because each US was $200.
Jupiter
Dr manko had excellent communication. He was candid but kind. We left with knowledge and hope after each time we saw him. He knows what he is doing. He is sympathetic and understanding. We appreciated all his efforts.... He had the perfect demeanor. At times i felt like a number because of how long we waited each cisit and how communication is only through an electronic patient portal.... 3 cycles of clomid. When that did nit produce reults we did injectables.
The biggest weakness [IVF Florida] is that everything has to be done around the clinics schedule instead of the patients. U cant make an appt in the afternoon if that works for u because the test u need done is only performed in the morning. Not every clinic branch is open every day.... On more than one occasion nurses did not really inform us of the next step. There were times when we felt rushed because we were nit prepared because we did not have the knowledge.
Trust in his wisdom.
Dr manko was kind and patient with us. He had the perfect demeanor. At times i felt like a number because of how long we waited each cisit and how communication is only through an electronic patient portal.
3 cycles of clomid. When that did nit produce reults we did injectables. Two cycles of injectables. We did one single IUI and one double IUI. Negative reults on both of them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
At times i felt the nirses were personal and at times i felt like just any old client.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The biggest weakness is that everything has to be done around the clinics schedule instead of the patients. U cant make an appt in the afternoon if that works for u because the test u need done is only performed in the morning. Not every clinic branch is open every day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko at IVF Florida.
Our health insurance covered nothing so we found procedures and tests to be expensive to say the least.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
Port St. Lucie
2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
Dr Manko, is a great person. He his honest and caring. He tries his best to give you different options. This is if you get to meet with him, because now he is very busy.
Prior to Dr. Manko transition from private practice to joining [IVF Florida] it was a great office, but after he transitioned and increased his case load it was no longer a personal experience.
Busy office.
Prior to Dr. Manko transition from private practice to joining IVF it was a great office, but after he transitioned and increased his case load it was no longer a personal experience. It was all about the money.
Jupiter

Dr Manko was up front and honest. That is what i like when it comes to my treatments. I was stalled because of an abnormal pap and have been waiting to continue forward with my transfer...I used birth control for a few months to get my cycle on track, i used gonal f and another medicine that started with an m to get my eggs ready for retrieval. I was switched at last minute to a different trigger shot because of the way my body was reacting
The nurses [at IVF Florida] were very friendly and you felt at home when you had an appointment. It is pretty easy to understand and if you dont you can ask and they will tell you what you want to know in a way you can undertstand...Always eager to get you in and out in a timely manner and always there to make sure you understand what they are asking you to do
How was your experience with Gene Manko at IVF Florida?
The nurses were very friendly and you felt at home when you had an appointment. It is pretty easy to understand and if you dont you can ask and they will tell you what you want to know in a way you can undertstand
Do not be scared to ask any and every question. You may feel intimidated and scared but do not hesitate to ask whatever you would like because he is open and will answer any question
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
They are very friendly but need to be more on top of their game when it comes to the waiting area. Otherwise they are awesome and comforting. Always eager to get you in and out in a timely manner and always there to make sure you understand what they are asking you to do
Margate