Good

Richmond, VA 23229
804-256-2986

1 patient review filtered by:

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Come with a list of questions because he [Dr. Geof Tidey] doesn’t offer up much without asking... Retrieval cancelled...Donor egg cycle with two donor egg embryos and that outcome was a negative pregnancy test. Then he decided a possible fibroid could be interfering with implantation and he removed two small fibroids...We went through an entire donor egg cycle that didn’t result in pregnancy and then he decided to take out a small fibroid that he felt might be causing the problem. I know this is lot of chance and statistics I just felt like I was a shot in the dark and didn’t receive proper workup and treatment.
[Nurses at Shady Grove Fertility were] Excellent!!! If it wasn’t for them I may have changed doctors!...Doesn’t seem to be up to date when I went there with current treatments and protocols. A newer partner joined and did one of my IUIs and he’s very forward thinking and open to new protocols and treatments...[Treatment] Not tailored for anyone with low egg reserve. Never made one follicle when I had 2-5 follicles on oral Med cycles. Retrieval cancelled Donor egg cycle with two donor egg embryos and that outcome was a negative pregnancy test. Then he decided a possible fibroid could be interfering with implantation and he removed two small fibroids.
How was your experience with Geof Tidey at Shady Grove Fertility?
I just didn’t feel like I received a proper pre treatment workup like others that were undergoing similar therapy and treatments. He never seemed to give me definitive choices and made me feel a little unsure about everything he told me. My husband felt like he was reactive to everything and not proactive and quickly jumped us to donor eggs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Geof Tidey at Shady Grove Fertility?
Come with a list of questions because he doesn’t offer up much without asking.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Geof Tidey at Shady Grove Fertility?
I never felt like he connected with me like one of his partners did. He was always like “let’s just see.” During my own egg IVF cycle did we learn about my low AMH and ELEVATED FSH. He didn’t really do much of a “fertility” workup that I read about many others routinely receiving. We went through an entire donor egg cycle that didn’t result in pregnancy and then he decided to take out a small fibroid that he felt might be causing the problem. I know this is lot of chance and statistics I just felt like I was a shot in the dark and didn’t receive proper workup and treatment.
Describe the protocols Geof Tidey used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Clomid with TRIGGER ANS IUI X2 Femara with trigger and iui x2 last one ovulated early IVF With own eggs with starting with BCP and injections. Not tailored for anyone with low egg reserve. Never made one follicle when I had 2-5 follicles on oral Med cycles. Retrieval cancelled Donor egg cycle with two donor egg embryos and that outcome was a negative pregnancy test. Then he decided a possible fibroid could be interfering with implantation and he removed two small fibroids.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Valerie )
Excellent!!! If it wasn’t for them I may have changed doctors!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Geof Tidey at Shady Grove Fertility.
Spent a total of 30,000
Describe Geof Tidey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
He made appropriate recommendations