Good

Henrico
7607 Forest Ave
Richmond, VA 23229
804-256-2986

We are so thankful for Dr. Tidey. He has a calm, quiet demeanor that is very focused. He is extremely patient and warm and has always answered our questions without ever making us feel that he is hurried or bothered. I have seen many RE’s and he is by far the most gentle and precise and will do all he can to help you succeed.... I have seen many RE’s and he is by far the most gentle and precise and will do all he can to help you succeed. He really is an incredible doctor, an excellent surgeon and strives for excellence. I would highly recommend him!
There is merge/buy out happening with the clinic [Richmond Ctr for Fertility] so they are changing the policies and procedures. But it appears to be a good change for all. There are a lot of hands in the clinic so there is always someone there to help with a specific role.... Shared Risk program $28k which includes PGS testing.... Kim Beasley is absolutely an angel on earth! She has made this emotional time so comforting and warm; I just cannot say enough about her.
How was your experience with Geof Tidey at Richmond Center for Fertility?
We are so thankful for Dr. Tidey. He has a calm, quiet demeanor that is very focused. While he has a quiet nature it’s not be mistaken for anything but determination. We loved that he isn’t arrogant and just aims to be the best each visit. He is extremely patient and warm and has always answered our questions without ever making us feel that he is hurried or bothered. I have seen many RE’s and he is by far the most gentle and precise and will do all he can to help you succeed. He really is an incredible doctor, an excellent surgeon and strives for excellence. I would highly recommend him!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Geof Tidey at Richmond Center for Fertility?
If you are one that needs to have a lot of information, get your questions ready, he will answer them gladly and patiently. Trust him! He may not be extremely talkative, but he is an expert and very smart. I have had the most successful retrieval with him after several rounds.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Geof Tidey at Richmond Center for Fertility?
Describe the protocols Geof Tidey used in your cycles at Richmond Center for Fertility and their degree of success.
12 days of stims, Gonal-F + menopur+citrotide with Lupron trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Richmond Center for Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laura Eglin )
Kim Beasley is absolutely an angel on earth! She has made this emotional time so comforting and warm; I just cannot say enough about her. The nursing staff in the OR are also so incredible. Wendy is hilarious and kind and so skilled at what she does. Ruth, the phlebotomist is so wonderful and gentle. I have yet to experience anything, but compassion and professionalism with everyone at VFA/SGF Richmond.
Describe your experience with Richmond Center for Fertility.
There is merge/buy out happening with the clinic so they are changing the policies and procedures. But it appears to be a good change for all. There are a lot of hands in the clinic so there is always someone there to help with a specific role.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Richmond Center for Fertility.
Ministering appointments are done by your doctor during morning time slots. I believe 7:30-9:30am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Geof Tidey at Richmond Center for Fertility.
Shared Risk program $28k which includes PGS testing.
Describe Geof Tidey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Richmond Center for Fertility.
We haven’t gotten there yet.

2012 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Tidey was amazing. He was always trying to work out a good course of action for us. He did a consult after every single appointment and never made us feel badly about questions. I always felt like everyone in the office cared about me and treated me amazing....We did four donor egg cycles. They were natural cycles so I was only on estrogen and then progesterone during the cycles. He did monitoring ultrasounds throughout the process to ensure the lining was building. At one point, I had to do an estrogen patch as well.
The only weakness was the my leftover embryos were frozen with a slow freeze process which has caused issues with thawing them and decreased the quality. However, I believe they now use vitrification which is much better....Dr. Tidey was amazing. He was always trying to work out a good course of action for us. He did a consult after every single appointment and never made us feel badly about questions. I always felt like everyone in the office cared about me and treated me amazing.
How was your experience with Geof Tidey at Richmond Center for Fertility?
Write down all of your questions. He will take the time to answer them.
Dr. Tidey always consulted with us after every visit. He was very straightforward but listened to our ideas.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Richmond Center for Fertility.
Compassionate, caring and always willing to answer your questions. It was always possible to speak to someone or receive a call back shortly. I never had to wait a long time for results.
Describe your experience with Richmond Center for Fertility.
We spent a lot. 38,000 for donor egg ivf. However, we did the shared risk program so we got six fresh cycles. Because of miscarriages, we had to use two fresh and two frozen cycles.
Richmond
[Dr. Tidey] Clearly very intelligent and answered all questions. Didn't mind breaking complicated medical answers down into language I understood. Very trustworthy. Only saw another doctor when days fell on weekends and had to visit on call doctor. Made sure I was always comfortable and knew about procedures/medicines I was taking, etc....Always made sure my questions were answered. Also greeted me by name. Always asked about anything abnormal/discomfort after treatments.
Everyone [Richmond Ctr for Fert] is very friendly. Hard to get an appointment in the near future as a new patient, but worth the wait. All doctors are kind, intelligent, and patient, which is important as you may need to see whoever is on call if it is on a weekend....[nursing staff] Fantastic. Always greeted me by name and asked how I was doing, both as it related to fertility treatments and life in general...
How was your experience with Geof Tidey at Richmond Center for Fertility?
Clearly very intelligent and answered all questions. Didn't mind breaking complicated medical answers down into language I understood. Very trustworthy. Only saw another doctor when days fell on weekends and had to visit on call doctor. Made sure I was always comfortable and knew about procedures/medicines I was taking, etc. Only reason I stopped seeing this doctor is because we decided to take another path towards building a family. Overall great experience.
Ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Richmond Center for Fertility.
Describe your experience with Richmond Center for Fertility.
Everyone is very friendly. Hard to get an appointment in the near future as a new patient, but worth the wait. All doctors are kind, intelligent, and patient, which is important as you may need to see whoever is on call if it is on a weekend.