Medical SchoolAin Shams
Miami, FL 33136
Plantation
8100 SW 10th Street
Plantation, FL 33324
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend George Attia to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Not every details or step was discussed with me, unless I did ask specifically. He [Dr. Attia] did ask a lot if I have more questions for him, so his patients better be prepared and do research to be able to ask questions.... Stimulation with Gonal F and Menopur injections. Got two embryos after first retrieval. Did embyo transfer did not grow them to blastocyte. Doctor said his believe is that the human body is the better environment than the lab dish for the embryos to survive.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with George Attia at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center?
Not every details or step was discussed with me, unless I did ask specifically. He did ask a lot if I have more questions for him, so his patients better be prepared and do research to be able to ask questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Attia at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center?
Do reseach on all procedures and ask your questions as he is kind enough to answer them all but information may not necessarily come without the patient asking the questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Attia at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center?
Not very good raport / communication with the office staff (nurses). The Ultraound technician was great though.
Describe the protocols George Attia used in your cycles at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Stimulation with Gonal F and Menopur injections. Got two embryos after first retrieval. Did embyo transfer did not grow them to blastocyte. Doctor said his believe is that the human body is the better environment than the lab dish for the embryos to survive. Did not do PGS testing, as we only had two embryos. On second IVF cycle he used the same medication regimen just altered the dosages a little and added growth hormone. We retrieve five eggs and ended up with no viable embryo. He next suggested donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Gabi with the first cycle. Savannah during second cycle)
All right, but not great.
Describe your experience with UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
strengths: Wait time okay. The staff are nice but not overly friendly. weaknesses: In my opinion maybe not using the latest recommendation in field. Not sure how I feel about their laboratory. This clinic is probably best for easier cases (age, medical conditions). Monetary is on the affordable side, compared to others.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
Clinic was very accomodationg to my work schedule so i could choose the time within their 'monitoring window' that would work best for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Attia at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
paid $10,500 for the first cycle (package, all inclusive, of course excluding meds and we didn't do PGS testing). the second cycle $9,800
Describe George Attia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
For my age and this is documented in subject's literature two embryo transfer is acceptable, especially as they were not tested.
Miami
Dr. Attia was very direct and to the point. Which can be good but I did not feel a personal connection to him. I felt like all appointments with him were rushed on the occasions that I saw him...Then he would be accompanied by other doctors. Whether interns or visiting doctors. For my first sonogram to determine if I was having one or two babies there were about four to five doctors in the ultra sound room. On that first visit we were unable to hear the heartbeats due to the babies still being too small. Even though Dr. Attia reassured me it was still too soon with the room being full of people I didn't know it was very uncomfortable and emotional for me.
Dr. Attia was very direct and to the point. Which can be good but I did not feel a personal connection to him. I felt like all appointments with him were rushed on the occasions that I saw him. As you know during fertility treatments you can pretty much visit the clinic three to five times in a week. I would say that I only saw him about two times in any given week until I reached the end of my journey. Then he would be accompanied by other doctors. Whether interns or visiting doctors. For my first sonogram to determine if I was having one or two babies there were about four to five doctors in the ultra sound room. On that first visit we were unable to hear the heartbeats due to the babies still being too small. Even though Dr. Attia reassured me it was still too soon with the room being full of people I didn't know it was very uncomfortable and emotional for me.
Do not be turned off by his bedside manner he is brilliant at what he does.
While we had wonderful results I felt like I had more of a connection with my nurse rather than Dr. Attia. He was very dry and to the point.
My fertility treatments began January 1, 2016 with birth control pills. I took the pills for about 3 weeks. Then I began Lupron ( don't remember the exact dosage) I began stims on feb 12 decreasing the dosage of lupron and adding gonal f and menapur to the injections. Trigger of Noval was feb 22 at 11:20 pm and egg retrieval was feb 24 at 8am. 24 eggs were retrieved 15 matured 11 tested using PDg testing. Only 2 embryos were viable and they were transferred on feb 24. Resulting in a twin pregnancy. My babies are just about 6 months old now and perfectly healthy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Isel)
My nurse was great she was compassionate and caring and always made me feel comfortable. Even when I would overwhelm her with questions. My only complaint was at times is was hard to get a hold of her I found email to be the best way to reach her.
Describe your experience with UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
Everyone at the clinic was very welcoming. It was very hard to get the first initial appointment I believe I had to wait almost 2 months but once I was in it was easy to change appointments or get the earliest ones during stims for my ultra sounds. They were very flexible with me.
$10,000 initial procedure (dr visits, ultra sounds, egg retrieval, icis, transfer) $3,500 medications $5,000 pdg testing
He didn't really give us a choice he said he always transfers 2 embryos.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
The dr. [Attia] is nice but feels very very rushed... I didn't completely feel that everything was explained to me thoroughly...When I first met with the dr. he seemed very positive and upbeat. He always greeted me with a smile...Antagonist protocol. 8 days of stims on high doses of menopur and gonal-f. They ordered the correct amount of meds and made sure that I didn't have to over pay for extra meds I wouldn't need.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
The dr. is nice but feels very very rushed. His nurse is also nice but very very rushed. I didn't completely feel that everything was explained to me thoroughly. Returning phone calls is a weakness of this clinic. Also, the front office gave me different answers than the nursing staff which made it very confusing. When I first met with the dr. he seemed very positive and upbeat. He always greeted me with a smile. The office wait is always really long and they are hardly ever on time.
Be prepared to wait and be persistent with communications with this office. Ask questions until you get an answer.
When I went to their office the dr and nurses would always greet me by my name.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lily )
The nursing staff seemed rushed. It also felt unorganized. Sometimes the nurses seem annoyed with questions.
Describe your experience with UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
The clinic has 2 locations so you are able to decided which to go to. The dr was nice and informative to me. The weaknesses is they always run late, seem very unorganized, and not a good communicator.
This office does monitoring appointments before noon so you just have to show up and wait your turn. You could be there for 30 minutes to 2 hours just waiting.
Dr. Attia was the cheapest dr that I found in the area.
We did PGS testing and he would want us to only do SET.
What specific things went wrong at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center?
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
he [Dr. George Attia] is very nice and kind, but since he has to see so many people for the same reason maybe sometimes i didn't feel like he was warm enough for me...it was a regular protocol of stimulation and egg retrieval because apparently everything was fine with me, just unexplained infertility, but we end up knowing my hormones levels were very low. i remember using meropur, cetrotide, trigger shot, and the progesterone.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
he is very nice and kind, but since he has to see so many people for the same reason maybe sometimes i didn't feel like he was warm enough for me. i went to him because some of my friends went with him and got positive results, but it wasn't my case. some nurses are not nice at all, some are more compassionate. i would like to try again with him because he already knows me and knows what happened previously and he can work based on that.
ask all the questions you have, never ever keep a dude
i felt some times like a number and some times like a human, i was expecting a little bit more of attention or care, some of the staff were really nice, some not. this is a difficult time we go through and we need more special attention.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: but i dont remember her name)
i remember i was dealing with 2 nurses, all the time, one was more compassionate than the other one. one was very dry. i didn't like that
Describe your experience with UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
i don t have anything bad to say, just because it wasn't a positive result for me , i am not going to blame them, i would recommend this clinic absolutely because they have good prices, and good care, may not be the best, but they do their jobs.
they charge 10,500 for IVF, plus medicine on the side, medicine we paid to the pharmacy.
his preference is 2 embryo transfer
Miami
He [Dr. George Attia] seemed to be rushing. He also seemed ready to move right into IVF ...I did not receive many details, just that he want to proceed with a medicated IUI or IVF transferring two...He tends to look more at the monitor than the patient. He did answer all of my questions, but being a newbie I didn't have that many.
Latino, Other
He seemed to be rushing. He also seemed ready to move right into IVF and wanted to put two, which per recommendations is 1 too many. He tends to look more at the monitor than the patient. He did answer all of my questions, but being a newbie I didn't have that many. My new doctor did a much better job explains my test results and found an error in one of the test. Other people that I know have used him successfully but he just wasn't the right fit for me.
I recommend a new patient come read with their questions, state they don't want students in their consultation, and have their mind set on the number of embryos the want transferred.
Dr. Attia tended to look more at the computer than at us. He also always had students and not just 1. Being so new at the time made the process overwhelming
I did not receive many details, just that he want to proceed with a medicated IUI or IVF transferring two. It was overwhelming.
She seemed overwhelmed.
Describe your experience with UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
It is a hospital based clinic so my insurance charged me for my HSG, it could have been free and of course they didn't tell me that. I got an ice surprise bill later. It is a small office with lots of patients. When you call you usually get to speak to someone just probably not the nurse or doctor or not las you request.
He likes to put two in.
Miami
Dr. Attia is a competent doctor. He performed the treatment in a professional manner. He does not oversee his office staff and nurses appropriately. That is a problem. Patient treatment suffers because of it...I was supposed to have tests that they never gave me. So, I carried a miscarried pregnancy for three months because they never did a ultrasound...There are many other options in South Florida. I would see someone else.
There are many other options in South Florida. I would see someone else.
They forgot to tell me important details about my treatment. I was supposed to have tests that they never gave me. So, I carried a miscarried pregnancy for three months because they never did a ultrasound.
Describe your experience with UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center.
They were not very compassionate. The wait time was very long for blood work and appointments. I also had appointments that I was told to arrive for that were never placed on the calendar. When I expressed my concerns about the problems. They became irritated with me and my treatment became worse.
What specific things went wrong at UHealth Reproductive and Fertility Center?