Medical SchoolBaylor
FellowshipUCSF
7900 Fannin
Houston, TX 77054
713-512-7900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend George Grunert to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Specialists to a friend?
Dr. Grunert was very thorough and you can tell he is well educated with what he does. He was a little hard to follow though because he used a lot of terms I didn't know the meaning of and since he was my first Dr. I was a little intimidated to ask questions. I did seek a second opinion and have decided Dr. Grunert is the best Dr. for me. I felt much more comfortable in his clinic and very well taken care of. I have not yet undergone IVF but that is my next step and Dr Grunert will definitely be my Dr. for that next step.
How was your experience with George Grunert at Houston Fertility Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Grunert at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and to have him explain everything to your understanding.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Grunert at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Grunert is very smart and from my experience a lot of very smart people do not have the best social skills. Although he did not always feel like someone I could easily converse with, after consulting with another Dr. I will be going back to see Dr. Grunert because I felt like he truly put his all into my cycles and will give me the best care.
Describe the protocols George Grunert used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
My first IUI cycle I did a stair step method of Clomid starting at 50mg and ending at 150mg. I believe I had 3 follies but it was unsuccessful. Our next round of IUI we did 7.5mg of Femara and I believe we again had 3 follies but it was unsuccessful. My final round of IUI was again with 7.5 Femara and we only had one follicle and it was unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists.
She was there at every appointment and made up for Dr. Grunerts lack of bedside manner. She answered all my questions and was always very helpful.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
I only had one appointment that went a little longer than expected but all in all very organized and very well staffed.
Houston
He [Dr. Grunert] was compassionate and never seemed like he was rushing on to the next patient. Unlike my first fertility doctor Dr. Grunert never made me feel like it was all about him getting paid...Dr. Grunert did not think we would have much luck with IUIs because of our situation. Our insurance requires us to do 3 before moving on to IVF. He explained our chances and told us not to give up..
How was your experience with George Grunert at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He was compassionate and never seemed like he was rushing on to the next patient. Unlike my first fertility doctor Dr. Grunert never made me feel like it was all about him getting paid.
Be patient. The fertility treatment process and testing takes a long time.
He explained everything, didn't rush me and listened to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer and nancy )
We I first started out as a patient I was not happy with the nursing staff. At one point the lab lost my blood and it delayed us another month. Nancy was very apologetic and from there on always made an effort to take care of me. The nurse Jennifer does not have a good bedside manner. I called to tell her I think I might have a cyst because I was having severe stabbing pain that would drop me to the floor. She said that is cant be possible because I just started the clomid on my second cycle. We went arguing back and forth because she was insistent that it couldn't happen. I finally told her "Do you just want me to wait out the pain? Tell Dr. Grunet. I will go to the ER if this continues.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
I really don't like that you check out at the end of your visit. I was in pain after both IUIs. It was difficult to stand. I had to wait in line for awhile then they wanted to talk about my balance. I told the front desk staff I was in pain can we do this later and she said "no".
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Grunert at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Everything was done in network. Which kept our costs low. That was not the case with my previous Doctor.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
Dr. Grunert seems friendly and open when you initially meet him, and he is a nice man overall, but when it comes to my health, I felt like I didn't get the whole picture...Additionally, I was initially told that IUI would be "worthless" with the severity of MFI that we have. However, several months later, IUI was practically forced on me. I had been told that I could stay on ovulation drugs indefinitely while we waited on IVF and then told that that was not the case...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor
How was your experience with George Grunert at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Grunert seems friendly and open when you initially meet him, and he is a nice man overall, but when it comes to my health, I felt like I didn't get the whole picture. He did not explain to me that I had diminished ovarian reserve. It wasn't until months later that I finally asked and he responded "yes" as if I should have known that. Additionally, I was initially told that IUI would be "worthless" with the severity of MFI that we have. However, several months later, IUI was practically forced on me. I had been told that I could stay on ovulation drugs indefinitely while we waited on IVF and then told that that was not the case.
Be prepared to not be taken seriously.
Dr. Grunert is friendly on the surface, but as a woman, I felt like he did not listen to my concerns as a whole. If my fiancé happened to be there, Dr. Grunert would refer to him, when in reality, I was the one driving the appointments.
When we initially started, I was taking femara with monitoring ultrasounds and then a trigger shot which seemed to help my ovulation along. However, measurements were never discussed with me. After taking a two month break from femara, we went back on it and did not produce follicles big enough so I was instructed to increase my dosage and start them again on CD 12 which induced ovulation before I could be monitored again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Nursing staff was great at explaining things, however, there is an email in my patient portal stating that I would like to try IUI before IVF, and that is 100% untrue. Not entirely sure why that would be documented if that conversation never took place.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Clinic has a lot of doctors so they have appointment times available pretty quickly. It is located right next to an OBGYN which is a punch in the gut when you can't get pregnant. They also allow children in the waiting room, which is another punch in the gut.
Treatment cost was dependent on my insurance. Seemed reasonable
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Specialists?