6.3

1725 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203

My records had just gotten to him [Dr. Hill] that morning and when we asked if we should reschedule so he could read up on my history he said that wouldn't be necessary. That said, he didn't know our history and we had to go through it all with him. We didn't fit into a nice clear category given my medical history...he doesn't know much about placental dysfunction...We felt he pushed for a lot of unnecessary testing and he wasn't clear on costs...
You feel like a number, but that is ok. I like that they [Nashville Fertility Center] see a LOT of patients and keep everything straight. It is a very nice facility and the staff is generally quite helpful. I don't think everyone there realizes what a big financial commitment you are making so they are quick to recommend "in house" bloodwork when the exact same bloodwork with your PCP may be 10x cheaper etc...
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
We've had consult and we're due to start a cycle in a few weeks. He came very highly recommended by several surrogacy mommas. My records had just gotten to him that morning and when we asked if we should reschedule so he could read up on my history he said that wouldn't be necessary. That said, he didn't know our history and we had to go through it all with him. We didn't fit into a nice clear category given my medical history...he doesn't know much about placental dysfunction. That is more in the MFM realm. We felt he pushed for a lot of unnecessary testing and he wasn't clear on costs. For example, he told us IVF with genetic testing at his clinic typically cost $20k but then the financial person we spoke with said $13k. The office as a whole has been great to work with. I think in our case we aren't the "typical" IVF couple and it wasn't a very productive first meeting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Ask him very direct questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
You are literally given a number and a wrist band.
Describe the protocols George Hill used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We haven't done this part yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelli)
Super helpful. Very prompt. Return calls and emails quickly.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
You feel like a number, but that is ok. I like that they see a LOT of patients and keep everything straight. It is a very nice facility and the staff is generally quite helpful. I don't think everyone there realizes what a big financial commitment you are making so they are quick to recommend "in house" bloodwork when the exact same bloodwork with your PCP may be 10x cheaper etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center.
13k for IVF including PGS testing
Describe George Hill's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
He is in favor of eSET
What specific things went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center.
They made me call my prior doctor's offices and get records faxed to them. Records were there but didn't make it to my doctor before my appointment. Also was told at our intake once we said "go" it would take 4-6 weeks to do IVF. We called 3 days after our consult to say we'd like to move forward and were told we'd need to wait a month to take an IVF class and then only after we took the class could we do the cycle. I had to advocate a bit and they got us moved up. But from consult to the scheduled cycle is going to take 2 months which is not ideal.
Nashville
Dr Hill and his staff [Nashville Fertility Center] took plenty of time to explain the process to me and answer all my questions. Throughout the process everyone was so nice and made me feel comfortable, informed, and reduced as much stress as possible. ... Dr Hill thoroughly explained the process and what to expect. I asked him to be direct about our chances and up to this point everything he told me has been spot on. He was kind, patient, and very knowledgeable.
The billing staff [Nashville Fertility Center] is discreet and understanding. The only negative I can say is that there isn’t really a payment plan to help out with the cost. ... They get you scheduled for appointments quickly and get you called back on time. All the reception staff is pleasant. ... Tina has been fantastic. She has always been caring and understanding. She takes all the time needed to answer all my questions and never makes me feel like a bother.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr Hill and his staff took plenty of time to explain the process to me and answer all my questions. Throughout the process everyone was so nice and made me feel comfortable, informed, and reduced as much stress as possible.
For egg retrieval, I was on Follistim 225 every day with Pregnyl 10 mg every other day. My trigger shot was ganarellix. I had an internal ultrasound every other day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Tina)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Clinic is nice and very clean. They get you scheduled for appointments quickly and get you called back on time. All the reception staff is pleasant. The billing staff is discreet and understanding. The only negative I can say is that there isn’t really a payment plan to help out with the cost.
Nashville

Know that he's [Dr. George Hill] going to look at every piece of the puzzle and offer as many solutions as possible. He can be aggressive with treatment, but just let him know if he's moving too fast...First IVF Cycle: Our first cycle, in my opinion, was a "base" cycle. He put me on FSH drugs and set a standard dosage to see how my body would react to them. We used Gonal-F, Menapur & Ganarelix. We transferred a very "healthy" 4AB embryo, but it resulted in a negative test. Our FET Cycle: Dr. Hill adjusted treatment slightly, trying different brands of drugs before implantation. We implanted 2 healthy embryos (roughly a 4BB & 2BB) but resulted in a negative test.
Flat fee for one round of IVF and fresh transfer [at Nashville Fertility Center] : $9500 Frozen transfer: $3500 Drugs for first round, including transfer: (FSH, estrogen, progesterone, etc $6500) Drugs for FET: $3500...Jordan Vaughn is the BEST. This is a big reason why I have been happy with my care at Nashville Fertility Center. She is our cheerleader in this whole process. Very caring and respectful. I also appreciate how quick she is to respond to email when I have questions regarding our care.
How was your experience with George Hill at Nashville Fertility Center?
I've had a good experience with Dr. Hill so far. (we are currently in treatment still) He's to the point and very as a matter of fact when it comes to options moving forward. After we had our two failed transfers, he called within a few days to offer condolences, and then gave us our next steps. He keeps our hope alive.
Go in with an open mind. Know that he's going to look at every piece of the puzzle and offer as many solutions as possible. He can be aggressive with treatment, but just let him know if he's moving too fast.
Dr. Hill is a good balance between being blunt and treating you like a human. He tells you like it is, but does it in a way that keeps you hopefully throughout the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jordan Vaughn)
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
My husbands first visit was a little confusing. They were a little disorganized at the front desk. Other than that, our care has been good.
Rough estimates: Flat fee for one round of IVF and fresh transfer: $9500 Frozen transfer: $3500 Drugs for first round, including transfer: (FSH, estrogen, progesterone, etc $6500) Drugs for FET: $3500
I agreed with the transfers he suggested. Because I was 32, we transferred one the first time. After the first one failed, he suggested we try two.