Medical SchoolU. of Alabama
Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
D'Iberville
3200 Mallett Road
D'Iberville, MS 39540
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend George Inge to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama to a friend?
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Although Dr. Inge is very nice, he never remembers anything about me without looking at my chart...He makes you feel comfortable in an awkward situation and has great bedside manner. My only complaint is that after each failed IUI it would have been nice to consult with him personally instead of going through any medication changes or protocols with his nurses. You can request a consult but I think it should be made mandatory.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with George Inge at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?
Dr. Inge is very nice and I've been able to consult with him on any recommended changes to my treatment openly. He makes you feel comfortable in an awkward situation and has great bedside manner. My only complaint is that after each failed IUI it would have been nice to consult with him personally instead of going through any medication changes or protocols with his nurses. You can request a consult but I think it should be made mandatory.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Inge at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?
Make sure that you do your research rather it be on fertility meds or information about IUI or IVF before your first consult. Dr. Inge is open to suggested treatments and does let you decide on your treatment options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Inge at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?
Although Dr. Inge is very nice, he never remembers anything about me without looking at my chart. The clinic is extremely busy with patients so I can understand not being able to remember details of every single patient.
Describe the protocols George Inge used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama and their degree of success.
My first two IUIs I was on Clomid 50mg and the trigger shot. After the second IUI I got a huge cyst on my left ovary which caused me to have to sit out two cycles. During this time, Dr. Inge put me on Vitamin D supplements due to my vitamin D being low. On the third IUI, he changed my medication to femara 5mg (at my request) which I responded well to but unfortunately also had a negative result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Danielle )
I love my assigned nurse Danielle but she wasn't my primary nurse during all of my visits. There were a few nurses that made me feel very uncomfortable due to the fact they were not very friendly or approachable.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
I love that they have their own lab and do everything in house. The front office, ultrasound techs, and lab techs are all super nice. Most of the nurses are nice but there are a few that are not very friendly. Some of the downfalls is that when I come in for ultrasounds, lab work, or the initial cycle visit no one calls me back with results until the end of the day around 5 or 5:30. If they have to call in any medication it's usually done late in the afternoon and I live 30 mins away from a pharmacy that is open after 5:00. It seems like a different nurse calls me every time instead of my assigned nurse which can get frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Inge at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
My insurance covers labwork and ultrasounds. The only time I have to pay a copay is when I have a consult. The cost of my medication (Clomid/Femara/Trigger shot) each cycle was about $10 for the Clomid or Femara and about $165 for the trigger shot. The cost of the IUI procedure is $565.
2012 - 2017
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Dr. Inge. He is one of the most caring people I have ever met and it is a joy to be his patient! He takes time with each and every patient and makes sure you understand everything. I have put my complete trust in him when it comes to infertility.... Dr. Inge takes wonderful care of his patients. He checked on me during my pregnancies, always recognizes me and calls me by name if we run into each other outside of the clinic, and knows my history which makes it so easy to talk to him.
2012 - 2017
Be open with him and don’t feel like you’re just a number! He truly cares about your feelings and needs!
Dr. Inge takes wonderful care of his patients. He checked on me during my pregnancies, always recognizes me and calls me by name if we run into each other outside of the clinic, and knows my history which makes it so easy to talk to him. He genuinely wants his patients to get pregnant as quickly and easily as possible, it’s not about money or notoriety to him, it’s about people.
I had 2 iuis with donor sperm and femara plus trigger shot because we only had a problem with male infertility. I conceived on the second one. Trying for a second baby we tried 2 iuis with femara that didn’t work, and 6 more with injectables (gonal f and trigger). This was my choice even though Dr Inge recommended after we had done 5 total I think. On each iui cycle I had 1-2 mature follicles. I did ivf with donor sperm, follistim, menopur, and trigger. They retrieved 11 eggs, I have 4 frozen embryos and we used one fresh embryo that resulted in another child.
Ive had a few nurses over the 6 years I’ve been a patient and they have all been truly wonderful. They are caring, compassionate, and organized. I always received answers to my questions and prompt scheduling info. The entire clinic started to feel like my family over the years and they all shared in my joy over my pregnancies.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
My favorite thing about the clinic is the ease in which you can talk to everyone there. There are no stupid questions to them and they answer everything openly and completely. They are extremely knowledgeable about everything involved with their processes and different medications. If I could change anything I would just want to stay there until they delivered my babies I love and trust them so much! Haha!
My iuis cost $550 each. With ultrasounds and blood work I would pay about $2000 per cycle, not including donor sperm. My ivf cycle cost about $15,000 total with meds and donor sperm.
Describe George Inge's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
My dr recommended a single embryo transfer because of their high success rates and the quality of my embryo, but he ultimately left the decision up to me.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Inge is excellent at explaining treatments and diagnosis. He always has visual charts and diagrams to explain exactly what is happening. He is well prepared for meetings and takes time to consider your individual circumstances. He always presents his ideas for treatment and asks for input from the patient and is open to discussing a variety of options. Also, he has a very kind smile. I always feel calm the instant he comes into the room. I remember I went in for my laparoscopy and was quite nervous until he walked up and smiled and I knew right away everything would be fine. My husband commented on how thoroughly he explained the results of the procedure to him as I was still under anesthesia. He even showed pictures and explained what they were and what they meant for us. Dr. Inge is extremely passionate about his work.
I don't have any advice except to make an appointment as soon as possible. He will take care of everything else.
Dr. Inge and his staff know my name and situation. They are friendly and I really feel at home in their office. The staff especially his nurses are very understanding of the emotional struggles inherent to the infertility journey. I remember after losing my first pregnancy Dr. Inge was the first person I spoke to who I felt really understood how devastating the loss was for me.
We did 3 cycles of Clomid with IUI because I seemed to ovulate, but he was concerned about the quality of my ovulation and had found that my husband had low morphology. After these failed we moved to injectables with IUI. We did one unsuccessful round then increased the dosage. I was unsure about spending the money on injectables after having no success with Clomid, but Dr. Inge explained how the injectables would help with egg quality and provided data to show they are more effective than Clomid. He also discussed the risk of multiples and explained how we would manage this risk. On our second round on injectables with IUI we became pregnant with our son whom we lost at 18 weeks due to cervical insufficiency. When I was ready to try again Dr. Inge suggested tests to make sure I was fully recovered such as the laparoscopy during which he discovered that I have stage 2+ endometriosis. After removing the endometriosis Dr. Inge suggested returning to injectables with IUI since we had success with that in the past. We have done 2 IUIs since the loss, neither have been successful we have increased the dosage of follistim each time. Our final attempt at IUI is tomorrow. Dr. Inge suggests moving to IUI if we are unsuccessful. Before starting treatment again he helped me treat my mental health by making am appointment for me with a MFM who walked me through a strategic and proactive plan that would prevent incompetent cervix from ending future pregnancies. He also referred me to a counselor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Dianne)
The nursing staff are the people I interact with most. They are almost like family to me now. They call me by my first name and share my grief and joy. They share their own infertility struggles with me when I'm having a hard time. They are compassionate and caring always. They're also very good at their jobs. Phone calls are returned promptly, they are knowledgeable and willing to help out with any difficulties.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
I like that the clinic let's me come in at 7 for monitoring so I don't have to miss work very often. The wait is typically very short for appointments. They will return your call. It might be 6 in the evening, but they'll always call. They will come in on Saturdays and Sundays and even on Christmas to make sure you have what you need, and they'll be smiling.
My insurance covered the IUIs bit I know they usually cost $565 out of pocket. Ultrasounds are also covered by my insurance at no cost to me. I don't know how much they cost. I pay $5 for each lab, again I don't know the our of pocket cost. I paid $150 for the laparoscopy.
I have not done IFV so have no opinion on this.
Mobile
Dr. Inge was a fantastic doctor who dealt with the ups and downs of infertility with compassion and great insight. We always left his office feeling hopeful and never defeated.... I was placed on Follistim injections each cycle to stimulate follicle growth. I was monitored closely with blood work and ultrasounds to ensure proper growth of the follicles. Depending on the blood work and ultrasound results, I would then receive instructions regarding the amount of medicine I was to use until my next round of blood tests and ultrasound.
Dr. Inge was a fantastic doctor who dealt with the ups and downs of infertility with compassion and great insight. We always left his office feeling hopeful and never defeated. He was an answer to a prayer during our 7 year infertility journey.
Listen to what he has to say and have faith in the process.
Each person in the office, from front desk to doctor himself knew me and my situation. They always greeted me and were always friendly.
I was placed on Follistim injections each cycle to stimulate follicle growth. I was monitored closely with blood work and ultrasounds to ensure proper growth of the follicles. Depending on the blood work and ultrasound results, I would then receive instructions regarding the amount of medicine I was to use until my next round of blood tests and ultrasound. When they reached maturity I was instructed to take an injection that would cause ovulation. I was then given another set of instructions that my husband needed to follow for his “contribution” before the IUI appointment. Then we’d meet the doctor at the scheduled appointment and he’d talk us through the procedure while he was doing it. Then we’d wait two weeks for a scheduled blood test and hope for the best.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember her name)
The nursing staff at Dr. Inge’s office were phenomenal. The showed great care in making sure I was comfortable every step of the way. And when emotions ran high they were there to listen with a caring ear. I felt like they were as invested in me getting a positive pregnancy test as I was.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
I really only have positive things to say about this clinic. They were very clean, professional, and personal. I never felt like just another patient. But if I had to say one negative thing it would be that sometimes the waiting times at appointments were long. They were always apologetic but it seemed like at times that was a frequent problem.
We were responsible for whatever insurance wouldn’t cover. We were fortunate at the time that our insurance covered some associated costs. We were responsible for all infertility meds and the IUI procedure. If I remember correctly insurance seemed to cover the costs of blood tests and ultrasounds with a small office visit amount being paid each visit.
Mobile
My husband had surgery to repair a varicocele (which they [Dr. George Inge] thought was the cause of the MFI). They also started him on clomid and testosterone. Looking back, we would not have done the surgery that soon and waited a few months to see if the clomid would boost his numbers. All of his numbers were a little below average- mainly his morphology was the worst. His count and motility went up significantly after surgery/meds but the morphology was still low. We moved on to IUI with Femara. We did 3- all negative.
Felt like he wanted us to come to our own decision about treatment. That can be a good or bad thing- depending on how assertive you want your doctor to be. He was always polite but maybe a bit scattered. We only felt rushed out of the office at our last appointment but the IVF nurse/financial coordinator called us that afternoon to follow-up.
go in with questions in hand and have an idea of how far you are willing to go with treatment.
My husband had surgery to repair a varicocele (which they thought was the cause of the MFI). They also started him on clomid and testosterone. Looking back, we would not have done the surgery that soon and waited a few months to see if the clomid would boost his numbers. All of his numbers were a little below average- mainly his morphology was the worst. His count and motility went up significantly after surgery/meds but the morphology was still low. We moved on to IUI with Femara. We did 3- all negative. We then decided it was time to move on to IVF.
They were great. The ultrasound techs were great as well as the people in the blood lab. You can't even feel them prick you- which is huge when you are constantly getting your blood drawn.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
always willing to work you in and they open early enough that I can go before work.
our insurance covered all ultrasounds/blood work but we had a 30.00 co-pay for office visits with Dr. Inge. Our IUI was 550.00 each time and the trigger shot was around 100.00 each time.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?
Mobile
During our meeting, he [Dr. Inge] left the office twice to take care of another patient. He seems very scattered and disorganized. If there was another doctor that my insurance would cover, I'd leave Dr. Inge immediately.
I've been a patient for 6 months and I've only seen Dr. Inge twice - once at the first consultation and once again when I set up an appointment that I was billed for. I had to sit in the waiting room for an hour and then in his office for another hour before actually meeting with him. During our meeting, he left the office twice to take care of another patient. He seems very scattered and disorganized. If there was another doctor that my insurance would cover, I'd leave Dr. Inge immediately.
The bedside manner from Dr. Inge and SOME of the nurses in non-existent. You never actually speak to the doctor unless you schedule a meeting (which he'll bill you for and then you have to wait at least 2 hours because he's always late). You'll get calls from nurses, but never the same nurse.
I never had one nurse assigned to my file which was frustrating. I get different answers to questions or concerns depending on which nurse I spoke to. They don't seem to care about me, they just follow the procedures. When an unusual or special circumstance come about, they don't care, they just follow the usual practice.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?