Doctor available by email
Not available by direct line
Available by cell phone
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Staten Island
4855 Hylan Blvd.
Staten Island, NY 10312
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend George Kofinas to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kofinas Fertility Group to a friend?
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Kofinas] was very knowledgeable and thoroughly reviewed my medical records. He wanted to be sure to find the root of my infertility. ... His team did there best and ran all the necessary test. After 4 IUIs and 3 IVFs I finally learned I had endometriosis and MTHFR. ... Once I had a successful heart beat he even recommended a great OB in my area in Long Island. By November my long awaited dream will come true. Thanks to Kofinas and his team.
Latino, Middle Eastern
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
He was very knowledgeable and thoroughly reviewed my medical records. He wanted to be sure to find the root of my infertility. He and Dr. Montes were kind and taylored my medications to me. It wasn’t just a standard all patients get the same protocol. My meds, my doses were specific to my needs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
His main goal is to get you pregnant. The other doctors in the practice all work under his supervision. Once I had a successful heart beat he even recommended a great OB in my area in Long Island. By November my long awaited dream will come true. Thanks to Kofinas and his team.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Kofinas was very kind. He was interested in explaining what others called unexplained infertility. His team did there best and ran all the necessary test. After 4 IUIs and 3 IVFs I finally learned I had endometriosis and MTHFR.
They were very helpful. Good at collecting blood. All sonograms are done by doctors which was great. They would educate when needed. They would inject your morning meds if needed. The surgery coordinator Jessica was great. They weren’t overly/fake friendly either. The were efficient and wanted be sure you had all you needed before leaving the office.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Overall the staff were all friendly. If your insurance doesn’t cover medications you can buy them from the office. Check pricing and rules when your are there. Calls are returned in a timely manner and you get your instructions before you leave. You do have to wait in the mornings for monitoring but nothing out of the ordinary from the other 4 REs I’ve been to. I will definitely return for future cycles if I need to.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Monitoring is done every morning from 7am -9am. They were efficient in turning the patients over while giving each person there needed time. You will have to wait that is how it is. I've been to 5 different offices and they all have the same walk-in monitoring format.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I have medical insurance which covered most of the process. The medications was a range on quantity. You should know they only accept cash for medication. Co-pays, facility charges, PGS testing a credit card is ok but medication only cash.
Brooklyn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.

2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Kofinas was very thorough throughout his examinations and throughout the sonograms. When I took the biopsy I was very scared because it was my first time and he guided me throughout the whole process by telling me exactly what to expect and what was coming next. I always felt he had my best interests at heart. ... The only option for me is to conceive through a donor egg using my husbands sperm.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas was very thorough throughout his examinations and throughout the sonograms. When I took the biopsy I was very scared because it was my first time and he guided me throughout the whole process by telling me exactly what to expect and what was coming next. I always felt he had my best interests at heart. I have people I used to work with that went to him and had success stories so I was really hoping to have this opportunity to have my chance to become a mom. The biggest problem is that it is so costly 25,000 and I can't afford it because I support both my parents and work full time. It's very hard for me.
Put your trust and your dreams into Dr. Kofinas hands, he will assure you you are in the right hands.
At Dr. Kofinas office all the staff were pretty nice I was just a little nervous because the financial administration coordinator was a bit rude when she found out my situation. Other than that the doctors there and nurses were very kind and helpful. I have take sonograms and a biopsy as well along with blood tests.
Describe the protocols George Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
I had sonograms and a biopsy test done to tell if I can become pregnant. The only option for me is to conceive through a donor egg using my husbands sperm. The tests were going to tell me if I had any chance to try and become pregnant. I remember going in for the results and we were so nervous but the doctor told us we can get pregnant that the results came back and I would carry most likely to term and the cervix size looked good and all that. We were ecstatic however out dreams got shattered when we found out the cost of it. We really want to become parents its really hard to save when we are supporting both of my parents. Wish we could find our miracle.
The nurses were very welcoming and explained all the steps and what was going to be done whenever I had a visit.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very welcoming and always tries to answer all of your questions. The office at Dr. George Kofinas is very spacious and very well situated. They have couches chairs and plants situated very nicely in the waiting room. I was very pleased waiting there, usually I'm nervous at appointments however sonething about this place made me feel welcomed. One thing that could be a downside is the doctor you get might not be in on the days and time you may need. The work hours are from I believe 7 am to 5pm. I know for me it was a bit hard to schedule appointments around my work schedule, however thank God I was able to make appointments to see such amazing and kindhearted doctors who really listen to your stories and try to help you in the best way they can. The blood work if I'm correct is all done in the morning. I found that sometimes you can be placed on hold for awhile and sometimes it would be too long that you would just hang up and call back again. The doctors and nurses at this fertility institute all work together as a team and come together to accommodate your needs to the best of their ability. I would definitely recommend this team of doctors and nursing staff to anyone who is looking to start a family. The doctors here are reliable and always try to get back to you if you call or answer any questions you may have. I was recommended from girls I used to work with because they have had success stories of getting pregnant with Dr. kofinas so I said hey what do I have to lose. I am happy I gave myself a chance I'm just sad because we don't have the necessary funding to make our dreams come true. I am continuously praying and hoping for a miracle everyday because I would love to start a family of my own. I believe everyone deserves a chance at that. I would definitely recommend this office and wonderful team of doctors to anyone who wants or has dreams to start a family. They have many successful patients I am only hoping to add to that number of successes they have had over many many years.
It cost us over $2,000 for consultation, sonograms and biopsy. The total of the procedure we need is 25,000 plus additional charges I seen on the paper for egg retrieval and other things .

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Kofinas is in a class by himself. Kind thoughtful listens, he is not pushy he responds to questions and makes himself available for questions and concerns. He genuinely wants me to get pregnant and he takes the time to individualize my care. ... Understands that the process is a challenging emotional one. Professional. Available. Clear about what he does during the sonogram. Tells you what’s happening, updates you on the progress of follicles. Trustworthy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Understands that the process is a challenging emotional one. Professional. Available. Clear about what he does during the sonogram. Tells you what’s happening, updates you on the progress of follicles. Trustworthy. I would like to be told at all times why a cycle is cancelled. When I don’t know I get stressed out.
Ask questions, ask questions ask questions. Feel comfortable asking, it’s your life it’s your baby’s life. No question is too stupid. Tell the doctor how you feel about the process and how it’s affecting you. Don’t be superwoman. They are your medical caregivers and they are also your support outside of home. They are warm people so don’t be shy. Also book early appointments or you could wait esp when it’s close to a holiday weekend.
Dr Kofinas is in a class by himself. Kind thoughtful listens, he is not pushy he responds to questions and makes himself available for questions and concerns. He genuinely wants me to get pregnant and he takes the time to individualize my care. Amazing. I don’t feel like cattle.
I used progesterone for a few days then stopped that and began clomid based on blood tests. Then clomid and Cetrotide then clomid, cetrotide and menopur. Then trigger shot. Then gonal and I can’t remembwr the rest. My follicles grew, they matured nicely as planned and they fertilized on their own. They made it to day 5 blastocysts. They didn’t pass the genetics test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and another wonderful primary nurse.)
Wonderful kind accommodating helpful. It was as if I was getting everything for free or I had already paid everything in full. Truly a great team.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Informative flexible appointment scheduling. Sometimes there is a wait but apologies always follow. Couple nurses need to practice drawing blood better. It can be a little daunting having a different nurse see you every few days. You Want to develop a relationship of sorts with the person who is taking care of you. However because of the other Kofinas centers in manhattan and Staten Island the nursing staff tends to rotate among the three locations. I myself didn’t particularly care for that but I think some people do not care.
It was not a cattle call. I don’t like that word “cattle”, who came up with that word to describe human beings? Anyhow, it was a well oiled machine. I l have been seeing Dr Kofinas for four months, my first procedure being in January 2019 I have only had a long wait (over 40 minutes) three times and I went there a lot.
My insurance covers $10000. The rest I paid
Lower Manhattan
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological, Other
Dr Kofinas took the time to listen to our concerns about the unexplained infertility diagnosis and went through all my concerns one by one. He assured us he would do his best to try and find the reason we were unable to conceive after all this time. He agreed we should exhaust all diagnostics before moving forward with any treatments like IUI or IVF.... He has been so supportive and easy to talk to throughout this process and I finally have answers and a plan to move forward with.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological, Other
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
So far we have just done a consult, ultrasounds, blood work, an endometrial biopsy and an exploratory laparoscopy that found and removed stage 2 endometriosis. He has been so supportive and easy to talk to throughout this process and I finally have answers and a plan to move forward with.
no cycles done yet
So far I have not had much interaction with the nurses other than my office visits but they have always been very informative and friendly.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic is very organized and well-run. For me, the worst part is that it is located in the city and parking is expensive. However, they are always accommodating with my schedule and able to squeeze me in.
Unfortunately, Dr kofinas is out of network so there have been more costs than with my other clinic. However, I have been aware of all out of pocket costs prior to any procedure.
Lower Manhattan

2015 - 2019
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
I had 4 IVF cycles at the other clinic without success and had to obtain donor eggs. Dr. Kofinas was very thorough in checking for genetic mutations and addressing all possible issues. Dr. Kofinas was very confident in the treatments offered and delivered the results discussed.... Protocol for treating patients with immunological issues included many medications such as Lovenox, Metformin, and Prednisone in addition to regular stimulation medications such as Menopure and Gonal-F, Lupron, and Cetrodide.
2015 - 2019
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Follow his directions precisely and you will get the result promised.
I was explained everything when requested and received attention as human.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Very compassionate and responsible.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic is a part of the hospital and is run smoothly and efficiently. You do need to come in really early if you want to be seen quickly, around 5:30 am. But this allows you to leave before 8 am and still make it to work the same day. The lab results are ready later the same day.
It was convenient and on time
I have an insurance that covers fertility treatments.
Describe George Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
This doctor's policy is to only transfer a single embryo as far as I am aware but this could be specifics of my particular case.