9.8

D'Iberville
11505 Cinema Drive
D'Iberville, MS 39540

Treated 2013 - 2019
He [Dr. Koulianos] has been studying reproductive medicine for a long time extensively and will choose the course he believes is best for each individual patient...He said he would like to start me on IVF due to my lack of ovulation. He told me that he felt confident with egg retrieval and ICSI that I would have very healthy embryos to put back into my uterus. We became pregnant on our first IVF attempt and delivered a healthy baby girl.
The entire nursing staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama] is wonderful. They recognize your face and refer to you by your name when you visit the facility. One of his nurses even met me near my house to redraw my blood since they thought the results were skewed. Another nurse met me by my house with needles and syringes since I had ran out. They are the best staff and couldn’t say anything more positive regarding them.
How was your experience with George Koulianos at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?
I tried to conceive for 7 years before visiting with him. On my first meeting, after looking through my charts, he told me that he could confidently help me become pregnant. I know have a 5 year old daughter conceived via IVF. This would not be possible with him as my doctor. He is the most brilliant and caring doctor I ever had. We moved 6 hours away from his clinic, and I still drive to come see him. He is currently helping us conceive baby #2.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Koulianos at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?
Take Dr. Koulianos’ advice on your route for treatment. He has been studying reproductive medicine for a long time extensively and will choose the course he believes is best for each individual patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Koulianos at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?
He constantly made sure to meet with me on any concerns, held my hand when I was upset or nervous, and always talked me on the phone when I called with any concerns. When I came into the office, he would ask about my preschool and refer to my husband by his name when asking how he was doing. He’s very personable.
Describe the protocols George Koulianos used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama and their degree of success.
Dr. Koulianos started me off with IuI. After a failed IUI attempt, he asked if I was comfortable being more aggressive with my treatment meaning IVF. I told him I trusted his opinion and wanted to move forward with IVF. He said he would like to start me on IVF due to my lack of ovulation. He told me that he felt confident with egg retrieval and ICSI that I would have very healthy embryos to put back into my uterus. We became pregnant on our first IVF attempt and delivered a healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Sabrina )
The entire nursing staff is wonderful. They recognize your face and refer to you by your name when you visit the facility. One of his nurses even met me near my house to redraw my blood since they thought the results were skewed. Another nurse met me by my house with needles and syringes since I had ran out. They are the best staff and couldn’t say anything more positive regarding them.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
Strengths: Attentiveness to patients Quality of care Quick results Wonderful beside manner Attention to patient details Compassion for patients Knowledgeable staff and doctors Weaknesses: None that I can think of
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Koulianos at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
Around $40,000
Describe George Koulianos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
He allowed us to make that decision if we wanted to put back one or two embryos. He did not offer for us to put back more than two embryos on our IVF cycle.
Treated 2016 - 2019
[Dr. Koulianos] gave me my diagnosis (hypogonadotropic hypogonadism) when I was just 19 years old. He was the first doctor that I felt was actually getting answers after years of wondering why I wasn’t having cycles. We first did an HSG to confirm that I had no blockages. My husband also did a semen analysis. I did 17 days of injectables including a trigger shot then timed intercourse. We had an early miscarriage after that. I did the same thing for my second treatment and it was an unsuccessful cycle. We are gearing up now to start my third treatment.
Every member of the staff [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama] always makes sure my questions are answered, and they do so patiently and with a smile (I always have a million questions). I have received calls after hours so I know they put the needs of their patients at the top of the priority list...The facilities are easy to find and kept super clean. The lab also have tons of pictures of funny fertility memes so it makes for a light-hearted and fun atmosphere. I have been to 2 of the CRM locations (Gulf Breeze and Mobile). Both are located in large hospitals.
I have seen Dr. K for 8 years. He is the one who gave me my official diagnosis after seeing 2 different OBGYNs. I was amazed, yet comforted, when we spent the majority of my first appointment talking about farming and other common interests of ours. When discussing the course of treatment, he was very thorough and made sure I knew exactly what to expect. I took a break after 2 unsuccessful treatments and just had my first consultation with him again after being gone for 3 years. He still remembered me and said he was glad to see my name on his schedule again. He truly made me feel cared for. His clinic is over 3 hours from my home. There are several fertility clinics closer to where I live, but the drive is well worth it. So many people ask why I travel when there are clinics closer. I tell them it’s because Dr. K and the staff at CRM make me feel like I’m part of their family. I’ve never once felt disrespected or been treated like “just a patient.” They make everyone feel like the most important patient and valued. That sort of treatment is priceless and well worth the miles I have to travel.
Don’t think twice about using Dr. K - whether it be distance you have to travel, money, etc...he is well worth it all!
Dr. K constantly calls me by name. He wants to know my interests and is genuinely fascinated by my life and experiences. The appointments never feel rushed, and I feel as if he truly cares about me and my desire to become a mother.
Dr. K gave me my diagnosis (hypogonadotropic hypogonadism) when I was just 19 years old. He was the first doctor that I felt was actually getting answers after years of wondering why I wasn’t having cycles. We first did an HSG to confirm that I had no blockages. My husband also did a semen analysis. I did 17 days of injectables including a trigger shot then timed intercourse. We had an early miscarriage after that. I did the same thing for my second treatment and it was an unsuccessful cycle. We are gearing up now to start my third treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Kristie Veasey)
Every member of the staff always makes sure my questions are answered, and they do so patiently and with a smile (I always have a million questions). I have received calls after hours so I know they put the needs of their patients at the top of the priority list.
about $3,000 for a round of injectables plus appointments

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. K [Koulianos] is very warm and enthusiastic. I have never seen him upset or frantic. He is very calm during a time that is very stressful for couples. Each time I see him at the clinic it is as if we haven't seen each other in ages. He's so happy to see us and wants to know how life is going!... He has been extremely accommodating to our financial limitations and has been providing us with as many IUI opportunities as our insurance will cover.
The office staff [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama] is very inviting. They get to know you (mostly because you're in there A LOT) but they genuinely care. Many of the staff have endured infertility themselves so they know what you're going through. My appointments are typically timely.... The majority of the nursing staff that I've worked with have been extremely compassionate, understanding, and informative.
Dr. K is very warm and enthusiastic. I have never seen him upset or frantic. He is very calm during a time that is very stressful for couples. Each time I see him at the clinic it is as if we haven't seen each other in ages. He's so happy to see us and wants to know how life is going! Each visit with Dr. K I brought along a list of questions. Usually, by the end of our visit, he would have answered all of my questions without me asking! Occasionally there would be a question or two I would have to ask. I have never felt like I was an inconvenience to him which I have experienced with others doctors in my life. He has been extremely accommodating to our financial limitations and has been providing us with as many IUI opportunities as our insurance will cover. IVF is out of the question for us and he has been taking that into consideration.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He doesn't think a single question isn't worth asking. It is your mind and body going through this difficult time. He will definitely listen.
With each visit with Dr. K, my husband and I have felt welcomed and cared for. He takes the time to talk with you about life, his life, and why he does what he does. He is very passionate about helping couples create or continue growing their family.
The first protocol was having an HSG and standard blood work. After everything came back normal we began doing IUIs because we were unable to try on our own. We would do 3-4 IUIs if not successful by the third or fourth IUI then I would go in for surgery. I begin my first IUI cycle on Clomid taken Day 3-Day 7. Responded very well. I believe I have 2 follicles mature enough for ovulation. One slightly larger than the other. Took Pregnyl trigger shot to induce ovulation. Husband's numbers were phenomenal. This cycle ended in a negative. I had to wait out a cycle because of a cyst. Begin second IUI cycle with the same protocol. Responded well but ended with a negative. No cyst this time. Third IUI with the same meds but ended with a negative. Fourth IUI I was switched to Femara/trigger shot. I responded well but ended with a negative. Dr. K recommended that I have a laboratory/hysteroscopy surgery to rule out endometriosis or other complications. Everything came back normal except for a small amount of scar tissue on an ovary. We are now currently waiting to begin our next IUI cycle using injectibles, trigger shot, and progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
The majority of the nursing staff that I've worked with have been extremely compassionate, understanding, and informative. There have been a few occasions of not being fully informed but I simply just have to call and ask.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
The office staff is very inviting. They get to know you (mostly because you're in there A LOT) but they genuinely care. Many of the staff have endured infertility themselves so they know what you're going through. My appointments are typically timely. If I have to go in before work for blood work they get me in at the earliest time. Sometimes even earlier if someone is already in. They really try to work with your schedule. Once I had to wait 2 hours for an IUI insemination. My actual doctor was not in that day. A different doctor was performing it. I think we just got lost in the paperwork. As soon as we made it aware to the office staff, they got us back. We shouldn't have let two hours go by without saying something so if you find yourself waiting longer then expected please let the front desk know! They will make it right.
All my of IUIs and surgeries ($150 co-pay) were covered by insurance. Standard bloodwork is $7 per visit. Clomid and Femara were relatively inexpensive with insurance. Trigger shots ranged from $50-$60 a piece with insurance. Injectibles are not covered with insurance and can range from $300 to $900+ depending on the dosage/days needed. $250-$300 for genetic testing.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
I had some blood work done before a surgery. I understood it as a typical protocol. Then a few week later I got a bill for $1000. Thankfully, I brought this up to my doctor and he made it right. I got in contact with the insurance coordinator and we were able to fix it. The problem was the blood work was sent as a different code, therefore, my insurance wasn't covering it as it should have. From this experience, I have learned to always get in touch with your insurance before undergoing any bloodwork, procedure, etc. just to verify!
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Koulianos is always willing to sit down and answer questions. He does not sugar coat things, which may come off as too blunt at times, but I feel like he truly wants what is best for me. He seemed genuinely upset that he had not helped my husband and I become parents yet, and he apologized for that... I am very grateful to say after 4 cycles of clomid and 3 cycles of gonal-f with only one tube, I am now 11 weeks pregnant and could not be any happier with my treatment from Dr. K!
Sometimes it was difficult to get through to the nurses ['at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama] because of the answering service that also picked up at strange hours, but I was usually able to get most questions answered in a timely manner...They have several different offices, and I have requested appointments at one office and then had them schedule me at one of the other offices. This has caused me to miss my appointments and show up at the wrong places at the wrong time.
Dr. Koulianos is great. He is very knowledgeable and thorough. I saw him for almost two years, but I had a couple set backs in treatment, including my husband's lengthy deployment, two ectopic pregnancies (where I lost a fallopian tube), and two chemical pregnancies. He has always been very kind and explains everything very well and adjusts treatment as necessary. I am very grateful to say after 4 cycles of clomid and 3 cycles of gonal-f with only one tube, I am now 11 weeks pregnant and could not be any happier with my treatment from Dr. K!
He's not a very warm, fuzzy type of guy, but I can tell he cares and is a great doctor. I trust him 100%.
He started with clomid and an hcg trigger with timed intercourse because I have slightly irregular ovulation and a short luteal phase. He told me we could start where I felt comfortable and progress as I wanted to with the aggressiveness of treatment options. On all 4 clomid cycles I produced 3 mature follicles, and my monitoring was very thorough. The 4th clomid cycle did result in pregnancy; however, it was my second ectopic, and Dr. K had to remove my left tube. This created further complications in my treatment because I always tended to ovulate from my left side. After the surgery, we moved on to gonal-f injections with an hcg trigger and timed intercourse. The gonal-f was to hopefully produce more follicles on my right side with the tube instead of the left. The first two cycles did not produce mature follicles on my right side, only the left. On my 3rd cycle of gonal-f, Dr. K decided to add in ganirelix injections to prevent ovulation while we waited for the follicles on my right side to mature. I had one mature follicle on the right and two on the left. The one on my right worked, and I am now pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Christie and Lorna)
Sometimes it was difficult to get through to the nurses because of the answering service that also picked up at strange hours, but I was usually able to get most questions answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
Everyone who works there is great, and I have been seen at 3 of their offices in 3 different states. When I go to the main office, I usually have to wait a while past my appointment time, which is annoying because I have to drive an hour to get there. That is my only complaint.
My insurance covers infertility diagnostics, monitoring, and medicine as long as timed intercourse is used, so I have not had to pay much out of pocket for any treatment.
Treated 2013 - 2018
He [Dr. Koulianos] took time to talk with me about my feelings and concerns. He consoled me after our losses and he shares our beliefs...He is always straight forward with information and does not sugar anything. He goes above and beyond to do everything he can to help his patients. He has a strong religious belief and for me, that makes all the difference...I had a laminectomy to remove built up scar tissue. This resulted in an immediate positive pregnancy test which later resulted in a miscarriage. Lastly we were told IVF was our last option. After we had the funds, I started the IVF hormone protocol for egg retrieval. 5 days after transfer I had a grade A/B embryo transferred. I continued the prescribed hormone protocol and 2 weeks later, received a positive pregnancy test. I continued progesterone therapy until I was 7 weeks. I was then released to my OB. This transfer resulted in a live birth.
All the combined costs of the actual IVF protocol [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama] came to a grand total of $23,000. This included medicine, preservation, transfer, retrieval, anesthesia, testing, and miscellaneous lab fees...They have a set protocol for transfer based on embryo grade and patient age and health...The clinic is open everyday, even if it's only a few hours in the morning. They all work together and communicate so nothing falls through the cracks. They go above and beyond for every patient that walks through the door.
Dr. K is one of the most caring and selfless doctors I've ever met. He truly cares for his patients. He is always straight forward with information and does not sugar anything. He goes above and beyond to do everything he can to help his patients. He has a strong religious belief and for me, that makes all the difference.
Put your faith in Dr. Koulianos and Dr. Inge. They will lead you down the path that is right for you. Their staff are some of the most caring people you will ever meet and most of them are infertility patients themselves. They will take great care of you!
He took time to talk with me about my feelings and concerns. He consoled me after our losses and he shares our beliefs.
Over the course of 4 years being treated by CRM, we tried several protocols. First was clomid, which was ineffective. Second, I had a laminectomy to remove built up scar tissue. This resulted in an immediate positive pregnancy test which later resulted in a miscarriage. Lastly we were told IVF was our last option. After we had the funds, I started the IVF hormone protocol for egg retrieval. 5 days after transfer I had a grade A/B embryo transferred. I continued the prescribed hormone protocol and 2 weeks later, received a positive pregnancy test. I continued progesterone therapy until I was 7 weeks. I was then released to my OB. This transfer resulted in a live birth.
The nursing staff are very compassionate. Most of the staff have been infertility patients themselves. They are very knowledgeable and are always accessible when needed. They all go above and beyond to ensure that all the patients are comfortable with their level of care.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
My insurance covered all my my monitoring costs. We had to pay for my husband's collection analysis and preservation. All the combined costs of the actual IVF protocol came to a grand total of $23,000. This included medicine, preservation, transfer, retrieval, anesthesia, testing, and miscellaneous lab fees. Our insurance covered a large portion of the medicine costs.
They have a set protocol for transfer based on embryo grade and patient age and health. I feel it is very affective.

Treated 2015 - 2016
He [Dr. Koulisnos] took the time to get to know us. He would have conversations with us about the emotional side of this journey, the scientific side, and about outside interests in our lives. He was always warm and personable and tailored our family planning conversations to our personalities and situation...He was extremely intelligent but explained things in the detail I wanted in a way that I could also understand.
Every staff member at CRM was fantastic. From the phlebotomists to the doctors, every single person was compassionate, patient, and great at their job. They knew me by name despite the high volume of patients, they hugged me when I cried, they cheered our successes. They always made me feel comfortable and heard. I can’t say enough about the entire staff there...The clinic was always very upfront about cost and financing options. They provided assistance with figuring out payments, options for meds, etc.
He was extremely intelligent but explained things in the detail I wanted in a way that I could also understand. I felt confident that he always was doing the most to get us a healthy take-home baby as soon as safely possible. When we retrieved the eggs and things were going well, we planned on doing a fresh transfer. I had a bit of OHSS so he ended up telling me during my next to last ultrasound before the transfer that it would be safer for me and give us a better chance of a healthy baby to freeze the embryos and let my body heal a bit. I was devastated at first but appreciated that he warned me and then did another ultrasound after that to be sure it was the better route compared with a fresh cycle. I trusted him that it was the right thing to do, and he was right.
Ask everything. Dr K is happy to answer every question you have, but he isn’t a mind reader. Let him know your concerns and he will keep them in mind throughout the course of your treatment.
He took the time to get to know us. He would have conversations with us about the emotional side of this journey, the scientific side, and about outside interests in our lives. He was always warm and personable and tailored our family planning conversations to our personalities and situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Sabrina Sokolowski)
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
The clinic was very organized and professional without feeling “clinical.” Patients feel like part of the family. The only negative I can think of was that during my care, the clinic switched computer systems and things got a little confusing during that time with billing.
He explained that with the number of twins in my family, my age/health, and the health/grade of my embryos that I had a high chance of success and should only transfer 1 embryo for our first transfer. He said that if it was unsuccessful we could transfer 2 for the next, but that he encouraged us to think of health concerns for mother and babies when twins/triplets come into play.
Treated 2015 - 2016
There are not enough positive words that I could use to describe how amazing of a doctor Dr. K is. From first meetint him in which he explains how he cares for his patients to the last when he was able to hug us and say we were pregnant he always made me feel as if I was the only he was taking care of.... My protocol changed with each cycle because my body choose to preselect with the 1st two rounds. Dr. K put me on a a very aggressive dosage of Gonal-F alone with the other fertility drugs.
I would have to say that the staff [Ctr for Repro Med of Alabama] is amazing. They go over and beyond what their titles are to help you in anyway they can. They have hearts of gold and know when you need a laugh or just a simple hug.... The entire office goes out of their way to make you feel involved and part of their family during what can be at times a stressful journey. Everyone dedicates their life to helping you get the family you want.
There are not enough positive words that I could use to describe how amazing of a doctor Dr. K is. From first meetint him in which he explains how he cares for his patients to the last when he was able to hug us and say we were pregnant he always made me feel as if I was the only he was taking care of. He firmly believes in telling you how it is but does it with such an ease and calmness that you know everything will be on as long as he is helping you.
Trust in him and know he wants you to have your family probably more so than even you do!
The entire office goes out of their way to make you feel involved and part of their family during what can be at times a stressful journey. Everyone dedicates their life to helping you get the family you want. No matter the time or day if you need someone they are only a call away and more than likely someone is in the office if you need to see someone as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Sabrina)
I would have to say that the staff is amazing. They go over and beyond what their titles are to help you in anyway they can. They have hearts of gold and know when you need a laugh or just a simple hug.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
Strength - amazing ability to deal with the levels of stress they do amd still smile and offer help when needed. I have nothing that could be considered a weakness. For a new patient I would just say try and stay calm and trust the staff and Dr’s.
With insurance and out of pocket I would say I spent roughly 40,000.
I
Mobile
He [Dr. Koulianos] has taken the time to get to know my husband and I. He asks about my family and other things most doctors wouldn’t ask about let alone remember. ... Dr. K wants to try new things and help me in anyway he can. ... We’ve only done a sonohyst and an ERA so far. Sonohyst was good but ERA showed a polyp in my uterus.
The strengths are that everyone [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama] is so kind and makes you feel like you’re important. The weakness is it’s just too busy and things slip through the cracks. I had to call and email multiple times to figure out my own medications and scheduling before anyone ever got back to me. I was so worried and stressed out and hated that it all happened so last minute. It felt so chaotic.
He has taken the time to get to know my husband and I. He asks about my family and other things most doctors wouldn’t ask about let alone remember. He just makes you feel like he really cares. My last doctor just wanted to keep doing the same protocol after 2 miscarriages and 2 failed FETs and Dr. K wants to try new things and help me in anyway he can.
He’s awesome- be patient with his staff. They are super busy and need more people and it can be frustrating but it’s worth it.
Dr. K is so incredibly kind and personal. I used 2 other doctors before him and neither one ever made me feel like he does.
Nursing staff is very very nice but the communication is poor.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
The strengths are that everyone is so kind and makes you feel like you’re important. The weakness is it’s just too busy and things slip through the cracks. I had to call and email multiple times to figure out my own medications and scheduling before anyone ever got back to me. I was so worried and stressed out and hated that it all happened so last minute. It felt so chaotic.
$795 for ERA, $200 for sonohyst
Unknown
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama?
What I wrote earlier- was doing an ERA and no one got ahold of me for the instructions, med protocol, etc until last minute. And that was after I called and emailed probably 5 times.
Treated 2016 - 2017
He [Dr. Koulianos] was very understanding and positive. He was able to work with my schedule and he wasn't afraid of explaining the science of the procedures. I felt confident in his expertise and he always made me feel like we had a real chance at success...I have PCOS, so we started out on a lower dose of Follistim. He upped the dose and we added menopur. We did a lupron trigger to avoid OHSS, and we also did a freeze-all cycle. My FET was medicated, starting out with Lupron. After transfer I was on estrogen patches and Progesterone suppositories .
I was treated like a human in all my interactions with the staff [at CRM AL]. After a few visits the staff knew my name and remembered certain things about me....I had a nurse who called in a prescription incorrectly. I ran out of Progesterone when I needed it!...The nursing staff at the Mobile location was top notch. They were caring, compassionate, and professional. I really appreciated being able to communicate by email....Weaknesses- multiple locations, so sometimes I was contacted by a nurse from a different location who was not familiar with my situation
He was very understanding and positive. He was able to work with my schedule and he wasn't afraid of explaining the science of the procedures. I felt confident in his expertise and he always made me feel like we had a real chance at success.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
I was treated like a human in all my interactions with the staff. After a few visits the staff knew my name and remembered certain things about me.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
Strengths- professional staff, good location, morning appointments Weaknesses- multiple locations, so sometimes I was contacted by a nurse from a different location who was not familiar with my situation
We went with a shared risk program
My doctor strongly encourages eSET.
Treated 2016
Dr. K is one of the kindest most humble people we have ever had the pleasure of coming in contact with. He [Dr. Koulianos] showed us great humility and understanding. He is genuine and his bedside manner is unparalleled....Dr. K put me on Follistem injections as we were planning to do and IUI....He started me on the lowest level of Follistem to not overstimulate my ovaries. It worked just as we wanted it to but we had an issues with our insurance and weren't able to do the IUI. Dr. K and his staff worked hard to fix the issue.
It was a lovely facility and so was its faculty and staff....They [Ctr for Repro Med- Mobile] were all wonderful and extremely empathetic as well as patient to our needs....we had an issues with our insurance and weren't able to do the IUI. Dr. K and his staff worked hard to fix the issue....He [Dr. Koulianos] is genuine and his bedside manner is unparalleled....Dr. K is one of the kindest most humble people we have ever had the pleasure of coming in contact with.
Dr. K is one of the kindest most humble people we have ever had the pleasure of coming in contact with. He showed us great humility and understanding. He is genuine and his bedside manner is unparalleled.
I have already referred him to family members and friends. He is a wonderful Physican and Person.
Dr. K's kindness and humility toward our struggles was unparalleled.
Dr. K put me on Follistem injections as we were planning to do and IUI. I had already done 5 rounds of clomid and none of them had worked. I had already had two miscarriages before seeing him. He started me on the lowest level of Follistem to not overstimulate my ovaries. It worked just as we wanted it to but we had an issues with our insurance and weren't able to do the IUI. Dr. K and his staff worked hard to fix the issue. It ended up being a natural cycle with injectables on board.
They were all wonderful and extremely empathetic as well as patient to our needs.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
It was a lovely facility and so was its faculty and staff.
It is all going to depend on the pateiece insurance. I have federal Blue Cross Blue Shield. My copay was $35.00 Ulra Sounds were $30.00 my Follistem I bought from Freedom Fertility I believe for $300 and the Novarel shot was $120
Treated 2017
Dr K [George Koulianos] was such a blessing to my family! He really is the best of the best! He is so friendly and knowledgeable. God has his hand on Dr K and his business. I started my IVF journey in Birmingham and moved to Mobile. My first FET with Dr K was successful.... Dr K was confident that we only needed to transfer one embryo. I insisted that we transfer 2. Well, of course he was right and I had twins but I have never regretted my decision.
Dr K has an awesome staff [at Center for Reproductive Med-Mobile]. Everyone that works for him takes their job very seriously. They are all very compassionate and sincere. I always received calls back when expected. Top notch communication... This was a center of excellence for my insurance company and the rates were so affordable!... Dr K was confident that we only needed to transfer one embryo. I insisted that we transfer 2. Well, of course he was right and I had twins but I have never regretted my decision.
Dr K was such a blessing to my family! He really is the best of the best! He is so friendly and knowledgeable. God has his hand on Dr K and his business. I started my IVF journey in Birmingham and moved to Mobile. My first FET with Dr K was successful.
Trusting Dr K with your fertility journey will be the best decision you could make.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
Dr K has an awesome staff. Everyone that works for him takes their job very seriously. They are all very compassionate and sincere. I always received calls back when expected. Top notch communication
Treated 2017
Every time I see him [George Koulianos] he's warm and friendly, he always asks how school is going for me....He set us at easy immediately he's kind and willing to discuss everything that needs to be done and all the possibilities. I feel like he always has our best interest at heart , and is deeply invested in helping us grow our family...The clinical team [at Ctr for Repro Med - Mobile] is fantastic the receptionist at the main office aren't particularly helpful or friendly
The clinical team [at Ctr for Repro Med - Mobile] is fantastic the receptionist at the main office aren't particularly helpful or friendly...I spoke to [nurse] Peggy on the phone half a dozen times before I actually met her. And by the end of the first call I felt like she was an old friend...He [Dr. Koulianos] set us at easy immediately he's kind and willing to discuss everything that needs to be done and all the possibilities. I feel like he always has our best interest at heart , and is deeply invested in helping us grow our family.
See him immediately
Every time I see him he's warm and friendly, he always asks how school is going for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Peggy)
I spoke to Peggy on the phone half a dozen times before I actually met her. And by the end of the first call I felt like she was an old friend
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
The clinical team is fantastic the receptionist at the main office aren't particularly helpful or friendly
Treated 2017
He [Dr. George Koulianos] is very kind and always willing to take the extra time to listen and explain things thoroughly. He makes sure to address all our questions each visit. He is also very straightforward with answers and goes over all the options.... Everything has felt catered to my specific issues.... He is thorough and does things the right way.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama-Mobile] is nice and well organized.... There was some confusion with an HSG I had done. The nurse thought I had no one to drive me home so they didn't call in pain meds originally. It was promptly fixed though... Everything has felt catered to my specific issues.
He is very kind and always willing to take the extra time to listen and explain things thoroughly. He makes sure to address all our questions each visit. He is also very straightforward with answers and goes over all the options.
He is thorough and does things the right way. Feel free to ask questions!
Everything has felt catered to my specific issues.
Very friendly and helpful. Sometimes they are a bit busy.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
The clinic is nice and well organized.
At this stage we have had everything covered under insurance. That may change in the future
Treated 2017
I could not be more pleased with him [Dr. Koulianos] from start to finish. He was transparent, yet human in all of his interactions with us. Would highly recommend him and have already done so with friends. We actually drove over 200 miles to use him....The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama] is nice and clean. I would reccomend it to a friend...The injection to stop ovulation was not called into the pharmacy. They accommodated me though, and found the drug at a neighboring city’s RE.
The clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama] is nice and clean. I would reccomend it to a friend. Arrive early as it can be a bit difficult to find the first time....The injection to stop ovulation was not called into the pharmacy. They accommodated me though, and found the drug at a neighboring city’s RE....I did monitoring out of town...[Cost Of Treatment] 11,000 plus meds...I could not be more pleased with him [Dr. Koulianos] from start to finish. He was transparent, yet human in all of his interactions with us.
I could not be more pleased with him from start to finish. He was transparent, yet human in all of his interactions with us. Would highly recommend him and have already done so with friends. We actually drove over 200 miles to use him.
It’s worth it!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
The clinic is nice and clean. I would reccomend it to a friend. Arrive early as it can be a bit difficult to find the first time. You can also stay in gulf shores as it is only one hour away from the office.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
I did monitoring out of town
11,000 plus meds
Treated 2014 - 2015
I don't think you will find anyone better in this area to handle your care. He is the best doctor I have ever met. We are still in treatment but regardless of the outcome I will always feel that way.
[The nurses at Center for Reproductive Medicine] are very prompt about returning calls and emails. It is usually your assigned nurse but if not it's another one who consistently calls back. You don't have to talk to a variety of people.
He is the best doctor I have ever met. We are still in treatment but regardless of the outcome I will always feel that way. He truly cares about his patients and their success in the ART process.
I don't think you will find anyone better in this area to handle your care.
My clinic and Dr K always treated me with respect and knew the specific details of my case. He truly cares about his patients.
They are very prompt about returning calls and emails. It is usually your assigned nurse but if not it's another one who consistently calls back. You don't have to talk to a variety of people.
Mobile
He [Dr. Koulianos] is a honest and caring doctor that truly wants what is best for his patients. He makes sure that any treatment we attempt is the best treatment for our current situation. He shows me what our obstacles are and what we will do to try and overcome them. He has been my by side holding my hand through treatments and surgeries and makes me feel as though our attempt to become parents together is just as important to him.
When I walk in they know me by name. They are like my family now. ... Everyone from the front office to the ultrasound tech, the lab techs to my nurses have been absolutely amazing. ... My time there is very thorough and i never leave wondering what is next. My lab techs always do an amazing job on letting me know what test we are running my ultrasound tech always gives me feed back during the ultrasound and my nurses always give me all the information I need before I leave.
He is a honest and caring doctor that truly wants what is best for his patients. He makes sure that any treatment we attempt is the best treatment for our current situation. He shows me what our obstacles are and what we will do to try and overcome them. He has been my by side holding my hand through treatments and surgeries and makes me feel as though our attempt to become parents together is just as important to him.
Believe and trust in him and his team. Even though I may not have a bundle of joy from my treatments yet he has not let me give up hope.
He is an amazing man and doctor and I feel as though he and his staff are just as invested in our journey and my husband and I are.
After 4 rounds of clomid we went to clomod IUI then I had surgery to remove and scar tissue and endometrosis. Then moved to injectable meds with IUI. We knew our chances were not great but felt that this was this best way to begin before heading to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Christie)
Everyone from the front office to the ultrasound tech, the lab techs to my nurses have been absolutely amazing. They are totally understanding. I could not ask for a better group taking care of me and my husband.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Alabama.
I am not a number. When I walk in they know me by name. They are like my family now. My time there is very thorough and i never leave wondering what is next. My lab techs always do an amazing job on letting me know what test we are running my ultrasound tech always gives me feed back during the ultrasound and my nurses always give me all the information I need before I leave. When they have to call with my treatments I never have to wonder if they will call because it’s nornally before I even make it back home. They are extremely supportive during this trying journey.
My insurance has covered the majority of my treatments with the exception of copays and medications so far.