Harvard Vanguard

Boston
133 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
617-421-1000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend George Kovalevsky to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Harvard Vanguard to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I had to suggest treatment protocols [to Dr. Kovalevsky]. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I had to suggest treatment protocols. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it. I have never in my 24 years of getting pap smears had to repeat one due to Dr. failure. He never agreed with any of the "controversial" procedures I brought up and had a physical appearance about him as if I was foolish to even suggest it. I'm not sure what has transpired with him since our successful pregnancy back in 2013, but he has since left the practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Choose another practice. If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
We were with this clinic on two different occasions. Once with our 4 year old son. The clinic and Dr. K were amazing. We conceived via IUI. We started for a sibling in 2016 and started with IUI's and moved to IVF. The feeling at the clinic was VERY different. It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
Nothing was tweaked in any of my cycles. When I questioned why were doing the same thing over and over again (quoting Einstein who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result) He said that we DID try something else, namely the ERA that I suggested. I kept begging them to look into why my progesterone was so low and they did nothing about it. They offered no explanation as to why I kept losing my pregnancies, Dr. K made it seem that I just need to keep doing it, because it would eventually result in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse and Amy Miller)
Dorri was great. She showed compassion and professionalism. Amy Miller was cold and abrupt. The nursing staff has changed so much over the years and NOT in a good way. They have no compassion for their patients. In fact one of my favorite nurses (from our successful pregnancy) at one point apologized with her eyes rolling for taking so long during an appt because the prior patient had SO MANY questions. I found that very unprofessional and hurtful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The treat you as an number on a conveyor belt. There is no compassion and no love for their jobs. I received countless calls with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
There were times I was asked to pay thousands of dollars only to find out later that I did not. The bilk you for everything you have with nothing to show for it. I did have insurance coverage which I was grateful for, however it at times was a complete nightmare
2011 - 2018
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
As a patient with Dr. K [Kovalevsky], I could tell that this is his passion not just a job or career. He is willing to help in any way possible. He will explain everything and if it is not good news he is ready to answer all your questions that day or a month down the road.... We just tried the trigger shot and intercourse 3 different months and then we did the trigger shot and 2 days of IUI. And I got pregnant with the first IUI procedure, and carried to term.
2011 - 2018
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
As a patient with Dr. K, I could tell that this is his passion not just a job or career. He is willing to help in any way possible. He will explain everything and if it is not good news he is ready to answer all your questions that day or a month down the road.
Just relax you are in good hands.
Dr. K and the whole RAD staff were awesome, they would do my blood work early since I was trying not to miss too much work, so I could stay home after I had a baby. They answer all my questions in a timely fashion. They are very welcoming. Dr. K is always there to give me advise on what we need to do for me to hopefully have another child. That is what we are hoping to get started on this summer. We have to do IVF this time because scar tissue from my c-section stretched my fallopian tubes that an egg will not travel down into my cervix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
All of Dr. K's team were very understanding and were and still are here for me to answer any questions that I have.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They have multiple locations, 2 in NCC and 1 in Kent County. They open early if you need them too, and they also have weekend appointments. When you call your coordinator they return your call or email with in 24 hours. They make sure to help you understand insurance coverage, and payments.
For my first attempt for a child about $5k-6k, and we are wanting to try again but we have to do IVF, so for medications and procedures this time for one try and fingerscrossed it works it will cost a total of $20K+ and at least $11k out of my pocket.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I like that if we are financial able to try IVF that RAD does eSET because it is medically better for the one baby and for myself.
2013 - 2018
2013 - 2018
Dr. Kovalesky was the very first fertility doctor we saw. He always kept things real with us, treated us like we were family, and was a straight shooter with what we should do next. When we had failures, he adjusted the plans and talked us through. When we finally had success, he was there to keep us calm and hopeful that our pregnancy would be fine. Dr kovalesky gave us our greatest blessing, and for that, we will be forever greatful to him!♡
Dr. Kovalesky will be very thorough in his delivery. He will tell you like it is, and answer any questions you may jave. Take as long as you like in your appointments, he won't rush you out! If you want the truth, he will give it, just ask!
He always spoke to us in terms we could understand. When results weren't great he broke it to us gently. He was awesome!
Due to my PCOS, we started with Clomid and tried to use timed sex. When that did not work, we moved on to our procedure. We have a few failed cycles, and then we decided to take a break. I remember Dr. K said I needed my bmi below 30, so during our break we worked on that. We came back, used Clomid again with an iui, and we were blessed with my handsome son!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda)
Every single one of the staff members at RAD are amazing! They truly treat you like you are more than just another patient. When we were released to our regular obgyn, I cried because I knew they didn't understand how hard we worked for this baby. The girls at RAD have become family, and I am so thankful for them!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Their strengths are they become truly invested in every patient they see. They learn their names, remember their faces, and make you feel so welcomed. They are also extremely knowledgable. When we first started they gave us a ton of info we didn't know of, and options we didn't know existed. And after we had my son, they continued to help with questions I had. I honestly can't think of a weakness.
Every appointment was a 30 dollar copay. Each out was at least 1200 for the procedure. So, we cleared our lifetime insurance amount of 20k, and easily matched that in procedures and copays.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kovalesky made my husband and I feel like we mattered. He was very blunt in his teachings, yet, recognized the how difficult of a diagnosis this was to receive.... He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kovalesky was extremely knowledgeable and very caring. He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this, especially after so much heartache throughout the other unsuccessful treatments.
Appreciate his honesty. He tells it like it is without being abrupt and insensitive. He has a strong sense of compassion all while being honest along the way.
When it came time for our IVF consult, he hit the nail on the head when predicting the number of (mature) eggs I'd most likely have, the number of embryos we'd most likely have, and gave a us good percentage of the likelihood of achieving a successful pregnancy. All his numbers were incredibly accurate, and we are now 17 weeks pregnant with our first child. I couldn't be more appreciative of his concern and care throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Donna Reynolds)
There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process, along with working with my busy work schedule while making appointments.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time. They all showed amazing compassion and care throughout the treatments.
IVF with genetic testing: $16,500 (roughly) *not including medications which were about $3500-$5500
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
My experience with Dr Kovalevsky was beyond phenomenal! After 10 years of having the same undiagnosed problems I was referred to RAD. It only took him a few visits and test to figure out what the problem was! I was treated and on to the process of becoming a mother. I appreciate him so much for giving me the answers that I longed for! He was so compassionate, caring, and yet straightforward! He is what I’ve needed for so long and I am so proud to call him my fertility doctor! He’s the best hands down and I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
One piece of advise I would give is to have all your questions written down so you won’t forget anything, but don’t worry because he will answer each and every one them!
I felt like a human each and every time we visited the clinic because they care and it shows from the moment you walk in the door.
He performed a much needed surgery that helped my menstrual cycle get back on track! Afterwards I was placed on birth control to help regulate things. My fertility treatment plan was delayed and will pick up in a few months. But we have still remained in contact and kept everything on track.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy Miller and Mari E.)
These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner. If it’s something they don’t know off hand they do everything they can to find out for you. I absolutely enjoy all of them at every visit!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
This clinic is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions. They are a wonderful group of people and look forward to every appointment.
I was obligated to pay my copays. I also had to pay for some testing until I reached my deductible. I paid for storage fees as well.
I asked this question and the answer I received was right on point. I understood the reasoning for eSET, and to me it just made since. I want nothing more than a healthy, successful pregnancy.
2014 - 2018
Dr. Kovalevsky is a smart and brilliant doctor just his bedside are lacking. He wouldn't give you hope on the procedure itself, sometimes I left the office asking my husband "so wait what does he want to do"... My first round of retrieval, he used the minimum low dosage of medication, when before it was to end I was called by another doctor to tell me the medicine wasn't doing its job and I looked like a 40 year old woman and not a 28 year old. Round two of medicine worked better and cost more but I wish he would have sat down and ask us what we wanted to do.. 2 Rounds of medicine was hard on both of us.
2014 - 2018
I would have a meeting with all the doctors in the office
As Dr. Kovalevsky is a very good doctor in what he does, very intelligent, his bedside manners are lacking and just makes you feel like just another patient and not a person going through something you never imaged as a little girl.
The nurses are wonderful, they are very heartwarming with is really nice when to go through this process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The PA's in that office are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I never had to be monitored for anything. So far everything has come back it has not worked.
Our whole process at this time is about $20,000 that includes medications
I only had one transfer that was not successful and I wish we had more embryos to fall back on.
Newark
[Dr. George Kovalevsky] Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant.
Wish I had an opportunity to meet all doctor's before going with Dr. Kovalevsky. Felt like I was just another paitent. He diegnosed me with pcos and then went over what we should do. Instead of telling me what plan we should go with he gave me two options, Surgery to see if anything was blocking tubes or to see poplips that they couldn't see during testing or iui. I am not a doctor and asked him what we thought we should do first and he stated it was up to us! He hyped up iui and told us our odds were higher if we did that vs. timed intercourse. We did three rounds of iui and never got pregnant. We only seen him 2 maybe three times. The first time for consultantion, the second for diagnosis and the third to go over options if the third iui didn't take. He stated to us that if the third iui didn't take we should look into ivf! Witch is extremely expensive and we had to ask our parents to help pay for the three iui's! While getting our third iui done I spoke with another doctor who was very helpful with pcos and expaibed that if this 3rd iui didn't take we should consider the surgery! With my pcos I don't have severe symptoms I just don't ovulate on my own and each iui cycle I ovulated and husband's sperm count was immaculate! Wanted to stop fertility treatments because I felt like Dr. Kovalevsky was just wasting our money! Big let down and very stressful! After my third iui I found out that I could switch doctor's! Excited to finally get the help we need!!
If you are one who likes options on what you want to do see him. If you are one who believes the doctor should tell you what needs to be done and the right path you should take see someone else. Also if you don't like to see your doctor through your treatments often Dr. Kovalevsky is the guy for you!
Seen him once before our three iui cycles for our consultantion and didn't see him again until the third cycle. Felt like we wasted our money! He kept us on the same plan for all three cycles when it didn't work the first time he didn't meet with us to try something else. Instead we did the same for all three iui and had the same results all three times no pregnancy!! Extremely frustrating and stress full!!
Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant. After the third iui he meet with us and stated we should do ivf next do to high secess rate. After speaking with another doctor there we found out that our case didn't need to do ivf!! Dr. Kovalevsky is all about ivf!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Maudi )
All the nurses, coordinators and staff we excellent!!! They made me feel like I was there only patient!! And after seeing them almost everyday they felt like family!! We were extremely close!!! They helped with all the stress and anxiety I was going through! They were so compassionate!!!! Loved them all!!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Clinic was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!
Over 8,000
Anovulation, Endometriosis
Dr. Kovalevksy took the time to get to know me and my husband before any treatment. He was blunt but kind and always gave me more information when asked. He understood the financial burdens that come with infertility and always gave honest opinion on what steps he would take and why. We didn't have our embryos screened because he told us it was not a necessity for our particular case. We were vulnerable and would have gladly given the money if he had answered differently. He gave us his personal cell phone number in case of emergency and was always available by phone or portal.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
He was very present and available to answer questions. We had confidence in him as a doctor. He was one of the doctors who performed my laparoscopic surgery and he went above and beyond to make sure everything was done to the best of their abilities. My surgery was more complicated than had been expected but he took extra time to correct issues within my body (scarring from endometriosis caused organs to be very misplaced and he corrected all of them).
He is blunt. On the first visit he seemed intimidating and overly confident. He is very funny when appropriate and has great bedside manner.
We did three letrazole cycles for IUI. After the third he told me we would switch up the meds or move on to IVF. We had already done two medicated cycles without IUI and he was confident that IVF was our best bet. We used the mini stim protocol for IVF. Mainly due to my age at the time (28) and the fear that I would overtime on higher meds as I produced a lot of follicles during IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Wright)
My coordinator was an actual angel. Mari went so far above my expectations that I am at a loss for words. She was my rock and always responded to me within 20 minutes and got things going when needed. Rhonda was my main PA and she was such a source of comfort and knowledge. This woman laughed with me and cried with me. She held my hand when needed and was like a fairy godmother. I loved these two women more than I can say. On the flip side, I didn't like the attitude of the front desk woman on the second floor suite who had short, white hair. She was frustrating and mean and just unpleasant. Luckily I got to see Gina at the front desk the most and she was always sweet and accommodating.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it.
It was a well oiled machine. You could go in between 6am and 12pm. I tended to be the first patient in the office due to my schedule. A lot of people would go to offices close to work to accommodate their schedules. I never waited more than 15 minutes, even on days that I showed up later (around 8). They let you do your blood work first if you aren't the first patient into a room which was nice. Rita (phlebotomist) was always friendly and efficient.
The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call. My medicated IUIs were under 2k including meds and daily monitoring (blood work and transvaginal u/s). My mini stim cycle was 11k plus $4000 for meds. I was able to get some donated meds and only paid $3600. After my positive pregnancy test (and two more to confirm the HcG was doubling appropriately) I had to pay for three of my ultrasounds ($60) out of 12 ultrasounds. All other copays were included with the cost of IUI and IVF.
He will not transfer more than one embryo if you are under 34 unless there is very good reason to suspect it is the only way to be successful. As IVF can cause many complications and puts you in the high risk category he does not like to add to possible complications unless well warranted.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Kovalevsky is very knowledgeable and explains procedures & risks well. I initially felt very comfortable with him but then as we moved further along into a second cycle I didn’t feel like there was a personal relationship at all with him. He would get very uncomfortable if I showed emotion & cried, only to ask me if I needed to see a therapist. Also, I worked at the same surgery center that he works at 1 day a week & I would say hello as I passed him in the hall & he wouldn’t even acknowledge me let alone remember I was his patient!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
He is very honest & blunt. He is knowledgeable but do not expect a warm & fuzzy demeanor.
All patients are put on the same cycle for monitoring & retrieval week. Usually you are seen by a PA or NP during monitoring but not always the same person.
First retrieval I was on follistim twice a day & low dose hcg. I responded quickly & was placed on ganirelix on day 4 of stim meds. Day 9 of the cycle Dr. K scanned me & told me I might get 4 eggs at best & asked if we wanted to cancel the cycle. I cried bc this was the first I was hearing about this! I ended up triggering that day for a retrieval on cycle day 11. A different doctor performed my retrieval and got 10 eggs! A lot more than 4! Ended up with 3 blastocysts.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I feel as though this clinic uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.
You are not always seen by the same provider so interpretation of labs as well as u/s results varied.
2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level.... I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be.... If you have questions ASK THEM! There is a reason for everything and if you don’t understand he will explain it.
2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level. Not sure about everyone else but much of what is going on through all of this is foreign to me and he made it understandable. I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be. As frighten as I was about all of the treatments and whether this was going to work or not listening to his explanations put my mind at ease. Well as much ease as you can have when going through such an important emotional time in your life. I recommend him to anyone that will listen. I tell them my story and how happy I was that I found him and from that meeting I have my amazing son. I will be forever grateful. There are not enough words to describe how much this experience changed not only my life but my whole outlook on life itself. I had to grow up a lot good big through something like this. I never knew anyone who had dealt with infertility before so having a doctor that was able to help me on my level was exactly what I needed. I hope to see him again some day. Maybe we can give it another go and get my son the sibling he has been asking for.
The staff and doctors in this practice become family. They were there for me for any reason I needed every step of the way.
I don’t really remember the protocol used. My son is 7 now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda )
Rhonda is an amazing lady. I probably would not have made it through all of this without her. She was my rock.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.
I did a trial with them where they were freezing the eggs then fertilizing them later. Because I was willing to try this type of procedure they offered a free traditional IVF if the trial failed. I had a chemical pregnancy with the trial so we moved forward with the IVF and got the results we prayed for. As for the medications... there were times I couldn’t afford certain ones and they offered to donate some to me from stock that the office has. I also donated what was left of my medication (unopened of course) after treatment for the next person that might need some help.
I remember him telling me the chances having multiples with single vs. multiple transfers and that helping us with the decision that we made.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Kovalevsky was an amazing doctor that took the time to explain things and make sure everyone was comfortable and understood. He had a way about him that made you feel comfortable. He held my hand as I went to sleep during surgery which helped calm me down. It has been a tough road but I wish he could have stayed my doctor.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Try your best to keep him as your doctor!
He was really caring and always took the time to explain and ask questions. He got to know us as a couple. Also, when I was undergoing surgery he held my hand as I went to sleep.
Dr. Kovalevsky did all necessary test pre-iui that would help ensure the best possible results. He checked my tubes, took a look at my follicles, studied my cycle, and kept me included in every decision for my care. We did have to do a hysteroscopy because of some blockage by fibroids and polyps but he cleaned it all up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari)
Everything was fantastic until Dr. Kovalevsky left. Once that happened there wasn’t great follow up or someone really in the loop with our care. We even had a missed cycle because of someone dropping the ball.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are all a personable staff but they lack communication. We had many hiccups these last few months that has made us question staying a customer. They did make it right but communication is their biggest downfall.
It was pretty expensive and I’m surprised with a states insurance that we couldn’t get anything covered.
He let my wife and I make the decision we wanted. He never told us which one to do he just gave us all the information we needed to make our own decision.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very kind and respectful, calm speaking and took his time to explain everything without having to feel pressured... Being new to this process was very important to us to have somebody who would understand. Even though it was difficult for an RN to agree to do this it was very easy to deal with all the medical personnel and. doctor Kovaleski. He definitely made the process much better. He was very informative, kind, respectful, professional. Always explaining everything and we never felt like we were pressured in any shape way or form.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
You will be taken care of by a very good doctor, staff, and office
He was very kind and respectful, calm speaking and took his time to explain everything without having to feel pressured
I do remember using them manage them for my wife because she was a perfect candidate due to her health history and her current age. And at the end the cycle did work for her
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorry)
They were all very professional, knowledgeable and helpful
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
When working very productive associates in the New York office you will be working with a very knowledgeable team. The team there is very caring, responsible, and knowledgeable. Every appointment at fall out there we had was a very good experience and a great atmosphere at the same time. We would highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling with infertility and would like to start a family
My insurance company did not cover not there with the IVF but the follow up visits. So overall between the process, medication it cost us over $15,000
2012 - 2015
Dr. Kovalevsky was very straight to the point. He is extremely knowledgeable. I trusted him with every decision he made. He does not have the best bed side Manor. When I had concerns about the number of embryos we lost he wasn’t very comforting.... Dr. Kovalevsky was very thorough in planning for our IVF cycle. He looked for anything that should be addressed prior to the cycle. I overstimulated and he ensured that I was safe and monitored.
2012 - 2015
If you’re looking for a doctor who comforts you, you may want to look at a different physician in the practice.
He personalized my treatment to my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
The nursing staff is absolutely amazing. They truly care about your emotional state during your cycle. Amy was my coordinator. She did absolutely everything in her power to make sure we could afford IVF. She was my right hand during the cycle. I could call her for anything and she was always there for me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The office is organized and staff are absolutely wonderful. They learn your name and they know your story. They care about your success as much as you do. They have great hours to accommodate all patients.
The billing department ensured that my insurance covered anything they could find. They assisted me with estimating costs. There was a medication that we could not afford and they happened to have it donated by another patient and they gave it to us. That is what made IVF possible for us. They referred me to specific pharmacies that had the best pricing for certain medications.
Dr. Kovalevsky would not transfer more than one embryo due to riskiness.
Newark
The dr. [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very thorough with his explanation. I felt that he gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. He never pushed a particular treatment on me. He was very upfront and honest about my options and chances of getting pregnant with each option.... Dr. Kovalevsky was very honest and professional about my diagnosis. He was helpful and always explained the chances of each procedure. He was thorough and made sure I had the best chance at getting pregnant.
European, Middle Eastern
He will give you options, he will not tell you what to do or what treatment to take.
The dr. was very thorough with his explanation. I felt that he gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. He never pushed a particular treatment on me. He was very upfront and honest about my options and chances of getting pregnant with each option.
They never made me feel like just another patient. They were kind and compassionate. They saw me as a person and I felt like I got very personalized care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic was always positive and made me feel comfortable. They knew my situation and never made me feel like a number. They were flexible with my schedule and always able to accommodate. There were times where I ran out of medicine and they were able to help me. After hours, they returned my calls within a timely manner and answered my questions. Never, did I feel like I was bothering them.
It was costly. I had to pay for the procedures and the medicine.
1 IUI, IVF
None, Unexplained
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very nice to us and always tell us what is the best decision for us. We wish we would have listened to him from the beginning of the treatment.he explained us the whole process of the treatment very clearly and answered all my questions.... He is very patient and good listener. He always tries to be in same boat with the client and suggest us what is cheaper and better as we are paying from our own pocket.
1 IUI, IVF
None, Unexplained
He was very nice to us and always tell us what is the best decision for us. We wish we would have listened to him from the beginning of the treatment.he explained us the whole process of the treatment very clearly and answered all my questions.
Just do whatever he says
He is very patient and good listener. He always tries to be in same boat with the client and suggest us what is cheaper and better as we are paying from our own pocket. One more person I have to mention is miss sue. She is the best I ever had.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Overall this clinic is great. I wish I this clinic has little bit more extended hours. SUE was the best among all the person. This place is well organized and clean. nurse BAKY(hope I spelled right) is very friendly and very helpful. Only one problem with this clinic I have with the billing department, they overcharged me which I had to catch.!
Endometriosis, Other
George Kovalevsky is a patient and trustworthy doctor. He took the time to explain all of the treatments and what he felt was best. He was easy to communicate with and offered advice on sperm clinics as well as printed information with all of the options as well.... This doctor explained every detail of what is to be expected and every step before and after treatment
Endometriosis, Other
Ask many questions.
They were helpful when we arrived.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
It's a friendly atmosphere and the Dr's are knowledgeable and compassionate. The ladies at the front desk were a little impatient but the dr.s were very helpful when recommending treatment. If you are a new patient I would recommend searching for specific questions that you want to ask because we all forget things and then remember when we leave the office.
My insurance did not cover any of the costs.
9 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was and did exploratory surgery. Gave me hope. After surgery he transferred and moved to a different state so I had to get transfer with another doctor that failed . He was very hopeful but realistic at the same time... Surgery to remove fluid in uterus then frozen fet
9 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He was and did exploratory surgery. Gave me hope. After surgery he transferred and moved to a different state so I had to get transfer with another doctor that failed . He was very hopeful but realistic at the same time
Surgery to remove fluid in uterus then frozen fet
Professional and compassionate
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Busy clinic and not always see same doctor . Great experience however did not get pregnant . Would love to go back if I could . Very emotional process and they were all supportive . Just wish it would’ve worked
Very expensive