Harvard Vanguard

Boston
133 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
617-421-1000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend George Kovalevsky to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Harvard Vanguard to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Kovelaskey was a very caring and well mannered doctor. He never made me feel hopeless or unworthy. This also was a downfall because I was very hopeful that my cycle would be successful and it failed. The one time I felt more like a number was when he moved out of state in the middle of my cycle, which I understood the reasoning however it was difficult having your doctor changed in the middle of an IVF cycle.... I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Dr. Kovalevsky was very caring and explained my infertility very well. Everytime I seen Dr. Kovalevsky I left the office on a positive note and a lot of hope. Unforuntantly, he left in the middle of my cycle to relocate to another state to be with family. I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
I would advice them that if they did not understand or were not clear on something that is said to them to ask for him to explain it differently. Understanding infertility is hard and I had to ask him to repeat and explain things over many times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware?
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at Reproductive Associates of Delaware and their degree of success.
Once it was thought that I had endometriosis I was scheduled for surgery to check to see if there was endometriosis, and to remove some cyst that were found during ultrasound. The surgery went very well, and they made me very comfortable (this was my first time ever having surgery). After surgery I was diagnosed with stage 3/4 endometriosis. At that time Dr. Kovalevsky informed us that our best option would be to do IVF. We started an IVF treatment with a medication protocol including various different bills and injections. I was monitored by ultrasound about every other day. It was determined that we would do a fresh transfer. About half way through the monitoring hr left the practice.
The nursing staff were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
When I first came to the clinic I was very hopeful. However, there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing. Whenever I had a question I never knew who I was supposed to contact. My doctor gave me 2 options of 2 different medication protocols. This information was not received by the care coordinator for an unknown reason. When I attempted to explain the protocol I wanted there was a lot of confusion, and I gave up and took the protocol that they had in mind. This is frustrating because the cycle failed, and when I start a new cycle they will be using the other protocol that was offered. They believe I will respond better to this other medication protocol. After my failed cycle I also felt alone. I do not feel as if I was fully explained my next options and the reason my cycle failed. I finally requested an appointment and was explained my next steps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I had insurance coverage when I started my IVF cycle. The insurance did not cover everything, and I maxed out my benefits. I had to take out a loan for 8,000 to cover the medication cost, as well as additional cost for IVF.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Dr. Kovalevsky would only do single embryo transfer.
Dover

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Kovalevsky at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.

Dr. K {Kovalevsky] preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!... Dr. K always listened to my concerns and would adjust treatment accordingly. He also was amazing about getting back to me. He would often do phone conferences during the same day to ensure all my questions were answered.
Do not be afraid of discussing all of your options as Dr. K will weigh all the pros and cons regarding them.
I felt like Dr. K treated me like a human however the clinic did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time. At that point I felt more like a number and did not feel the individual care.
Dr. K preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillin )
Mari Esquillin was absolutely amazing! I cannot speak more highly of her. She was so quick to answer request and guenuinely cared for each patient. As for other IVF coordinators, some lacked good bed side manner. It seemed like they gave you a the standard message they give everyone. They were great about getting back to you it you had questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are great communicators! They will often get back to you immediately. At times though they can be not that sensitive to your situation. For example, I waS was told my pregnancy test was negative over a voicemail and the nurse yawned during the middle of the voicemail. As much as I am sure this is their norm it was devistating to me. So staff fall into the “this is our norm”, but other staff go above and beyond for your needs!
Insurance covered a large percentage, but about $5000 out of pocket.
Although Dr. K did not prefer to use multiple embryo transfer after two failed cycles with unknown causes he allowed us to engage in multiple embryo transfer. He made his concerns known respectfully but did not deny us of our request.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I had to suggest treatment protocols [to Dr. Kovalevsky]. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
I had to suggest treatment protocols. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it. I have never in my 24 years of getting pap smears had to repeat one due to Dr. failure. He never agreed with any of the "controversial" procedures I brought up and had a physical appearance about him as if I was foolish to even suggest it. I'm not sure what has transpired with him since our successful pregnancy back in 2013, but he has since left the practice.
Choose another practice. If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
We were with this clinic on two different occasions. Once with our 4 year old son. The clinic and Dr. K were amazing. We conceived via IUI. We started for a sibling in 2016 and started with IUI's and moved to IVF. The feeling at the clinic was VERY different. It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming.
Nothing was tweaked in any of my cycles. When I questioned why were doing the same thing over and over again (quoting Einstein who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result) He said that we DID try something else, namely the ERA that I suggested. I kept begging them to look into why my progesterone was so low and they did nothing about it. They offered no explanation as to why I kept losing my pregnancies, Dr. K made it seem that I just need to keep doing it, because it would eventually result in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse and Amy Miller)
Dorri was great. She showed compassion and professionalism. Amy Miller was cold and abrupt. The nursing staff has changed so much over the years and NOT in a good way. They have no compassion for their patients. In fact one of my favorite nurses (from our successful pregnancy) at one point apologized with her eyes rolling for taking so long during an appt because the prior patient had SO MANY questions. I found that very unprofessional and hurtful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The treat you as an number on a conveyor belt. There is no compassion and no love for their jobs. I received countless calls with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game.
There were times I was asked to pay thousands of dollars only to find out later that I did not. The bilk you for everything you have with nothing to show for it. I did have insurance coverage which I was grateful for, however it at times was a complete nightmare

2013 - 2018
2013 - 2018
Dr. Kovalesky was the very first fertility doctor we saw. He always kept things real with us, treated us like we were family, and was a straight shooter with what we should do next. When we had failures, he adjusted the plans and talked us through. When we finally had success, he was there to keep us calm and hopeful that our pregnancy would be fine. Dr kovalesky gave us our greatest blessing, and for that, we will be forever greatful to him!♡
Dr. Kovalesky will be very thorough in his delivery. He will tell you like it is, and answer any questions you may jave. Take as long as you like in your appointments, he won't rush you out! If you want the truth, he will give it, just ask!
He always spoke to us in terms we could understand. When results weren't great he broke it to us gently. He was awesome!
Due to my PCOS, we started with Clomid and tried to use timed sex. When that did not work, we moved on to our procedure. We have a few failed cycles, and then we decided to take a break. I remember Dr. K said I needed my bmi below 30, so during our break we worked on that. We came back, used Clomid again with an iui, and we were blessed with my handsome son!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda)
Every single one of the staff members at RAD are amazing! They truly treat you like you are more than just another patient. When we were released to our regular obgyn, I cried because I knew they didn't understand how hard we worked for this baby. The girls at RAD have become family, and I am so thankful for them!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Their strengths are they become truly invested in every patient they see. They learn their names, remember their faces, and make you feel so welcomed. They are also extremely knowledgable. When we first started they gave us a ton of info we didn't know of, and options we didn't know existed. And after we had my son, they continued to help with questions I had. I honestly can't think of a weakness.
Every appointment was a 30 dollar copay. Each out was at least 1200 for the procedure. So, we cleared our lifetime insurance amount of 20k, and easily matched that in procedures and copays.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kovalesky made my husband and I feel like we mattered. He was very blunt in his teachings, yet, recognized the how difficult of a diagnosis this was to receive.... He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Kovalesky was extremely knowledgeable and very caring. He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this, especially after so much heartache throughout the other unsuccessful treatments.
Appreciate his honesty. He tells it like it is without being abrupt and insensitive. He has a strong sense of compassion all while being honest along the way.
When it came time for our IVF consult, he hit the nail on the head when predicting the number of (mature) eggs I'd most likely have, the number of embryos we'd most likely have, and gave a us good percentage of the likelihood of achieving a successful pregnancy. All his numbers were incredibly accurate, and we are now 17 weeks pregnant with our first child. I couldn't be more appreciative of his concern and care throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Donna Reynolds)
There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process, along with working with my busy work schedule while making appointments.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time. They all showed amazing compassion and care throughout the treatments.
IVF with genetic testing: $16,500 (roughly) *not including medications which were about $3500-$5500

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
My experience with Dr Kovalevsky was beyond phenomenal! After 10 years of having the same undiagnosed problems I was referred to RAD. It only took him a few visits and test to figure out what the problem was! I was treated and on to the process of becoming a mother. I appreciate him so much for giving me the answers that I longed for! He was so compassionate, caring, and yet straightforward! He is what I’ve needed for so long and I am so proud to call him my fertility doctor! He’s the best hands down and I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
One piece of advise I would give is to have all your questions written down so you won’t forget anything, but don’t worry because he will answer each and every one them!
I felt like a human each and every time we visited the clinic because they care and it shows from the moment you walk in the door.
He performed a much needed surgery that helped my menstrual cycle get back on track! Afterwards I was placed on birth control to help regulate things. My fertility treatment plan was delayed and will pick up in a few months. But we have still remained in contact and kept everything on track.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy Miller and Mari E.)
These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner. If it’s something they don’t know off hand they do everything they can to find out for you. I absolutely enjoy all of them at every visit!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
This clinic is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions. They are a wonderful group of people and look forward to every appointment.
I was obligated to pay my copays. I also had to pay for some testing until I reached my deductible. I paid for storage fees as well.
I asked this question and the answer I received was right on point. I understood the reasoning for eSET, and to me it just made since. I want nothing more than a healthy, successful pregnancy.

2014 - 2018
Dr. Kovalevsky is a smart and brilliant doctor just his bedside are lacking. He wouldn't give you hope on the procedure itself, sometimes I left the office asking my husband "so wait what does he want to do"... My first round of retrieval, he used the minimum low dosage of medication, when before it was to end I was called by another doctor to tell me the medicine wasn't doing its job and I looked like a 40 year old woman and not a 28 year old. Round two of medicine worked better and cost more but I wish he would have sat down and ask us what we wanted to do.. 2 Rounds of medicine was hard on both of us.
2014 - 2018
I would have a meeting with all the doctors in the office
As Dr. Kovalevsky is a very good doctor in what he does, very intelligent, his bedside manners are lacking and just makes you feel like just another patient and not a person going through something you never imaged as a little girl.
The nurses are wonderful, they are very heartwarming with is really nice when to go through this process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The PA's in that office are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I never had to be monitored for anything. So far everything has come back it has not worked.
Our whole process at this time is about $20,000 that includes medications
I only had one transfer that was not successful and I wish we had more embryos to fall back on.
2006 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I had to start with surgery to remove cysts again, then we monitored my cycle with ultra sounds and blood work [with Dr. George Kovalevsky]. The first 3 times we tried just the trigger shot ( I was not to emotional) and intercourse and then finally we tried trigger shot and IUI!!! Success on the first try!!!...he was always available to answer any questions I had and before he would do a procedure, he would explain everything and make sure I was ready before starting.
2006 - 2017
Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
My experience with Dr. K was great, he explained everything in terms and ways that I could understand not just in medical terms. He was always down to earth and we could joke around and laugh at every visit.
Dr. K is a human being and he is there to help you, just relax and think of him as a friend.
Dr. K was great, he was always available to answer any questions I had and before he would do a procedure, he would explain everything and make sure I was ready before starting.
Well when I first started with him with my first husband, we had a lot of set backs, surgeries to remove cysts and then my divorce. Then with my second husband, I had to start with surgery to remove cysts again, then we monitored my cycle with ultra sounds and blood work. The first 3 times we tried just the trigger shot ( I was not to emotional) and intercourse and then finally we tried trigger shot and IUI!!! Success on the first try!!!
The nursing staff at RAD is awesome, you can tell that they all care about helping individuals grow a family.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
RAD is a well maintained, trained, and experienced clinic. The whole process from making the consult apt to your 12wk ultrasound apt when they release you to your OB is a smooth transition. Each doctor has its own coordinators so they have a connection with every patient. When you call if you need billing department, or just to talk to a nurse they are there and willing to help with anything.
Well it was mostly all billed medically to my insurance, but I did have to pay about 1000$ for copays, certain treatments, and then about 1500$ for medication with the treatment for when I had my son.
Dover

[Dr. George Kovalevsky] Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant.
Wish I had an opportunity to meet all doctor's before going with Dr. Kovalevsky. Felt like I was just another paitent. He diegnosed me with pcos and then went over what we should do. Instead of telling me what plan we should go with he gave me two options, Surgery to see if anything was blocking tubes or to see poplips that they couldn't see during testing or iui. I am not a doctor and asked him what we thought we should do first and he stated it was up to us! He hyped up iui and told us our odds were higher if we did that vs. timed intercourse. We did three rounds of iui and never got pregnant. We only seen him 2 maybe three times. The first time for consultantion, the second for diagnosis and the third to go over options if the third iui didn't take. He stated to us that if the third iui didn't take we should look into ivf! Witch is extremely expensive and we had to ask our parents to help pay for the three iui's! While getting our third iui done I spoke with another doctor who was very helpful with pcos and expaibed that if this 3rd iui didn't take we should consider the surgery! With my pcos I don't have severe symptoms I just don't ovulate on my own and each iui cycle I ovulated and husband's sperm count was immaculate! Wanted to stop fertility treatments because I felt like Dr. Kovalevsky was just wasting our money! Big let down and very stressful! After my third iui I found out that I could switch doctor's! Excited to finally get the help we need!!
If you are one who likes options on what you want to do see him. If you are one who believes the doctor should tell you what needs to be done and the right path you should take see someone else. Also if you don't like to see your doctor through your treatments often Dr. Kovalevsky is the guy for you!
Seen him once before our three iui cycles for our consultantion and didn't see him again until the third cycle. Felt like we wasted our money! He kept us on the same plan for all three cycles when it didn't work the first time he didn't meet with us to try something else. Instead we did the same for all three iui and had the same results all three times no pregnancy!! Extremely frustrating and stress full!!
Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant. After the third iui he meet with us and stated we should do ivf next do to high secess rate. After speaking with another doctor there we found out that our case didn't need to do ivf!! Dr. Kovalevsky is all about ivf!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Maudi )
All the nurses, coordinators and staff we excellent!!! They made me feel like I was there only patient!! And after seeing them almost everyday they felt like family!! We were extremely close!!! They helped with all the stress and anxiety I was going through! They were so compassionate!!!! Loved them all!!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Clinic was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!
Over 8,000

Anovulation, Endometriosis
Dr. Kovalevksy took the time to get to know me and my husband before any treatment. He was blunt but kind and always gave me more information when asked. He understood the financial burdens that come with infertility and always gave honest opinion on what steps he would take and why. We didn't have our embryos screened because he told us it was not a necessity for our particular case. We were vulnerable and would have gladly given the money if he had answered differently. He gave us his personal cell phone number in case of emergency and was always available by phone or portal.
Anovulation, Endometriosis
He was very present and available to answer questions. We had confidence in him as a doctor. He was one of the doctors who performed my laparoscopic surgery and he went above and beyond to make sure everything was done to the best of their abilities. My surgery was more complicated than had been expected but he took extra time to correct issues within my body (scarring from endometriosis caused organs to be very misplaced and he corrected all of them).
He is blunt. On the first visit he seemed intimidating and overly confident. He is very funny when appropriate and has great bedside manner.
We did three letrazole cycles for IUI. After the third he told me we would switch up the meds or move on to IVF. We had already done two medicated cycles without IUI and he was confident that IVF was our best bet. We used the mini stim protocol for IVF. Mainly due to my age at the time (28) and the fear that I would overtime on higher meds as I produced a lot of follicles during IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Wright)
My coordinator was an actual angel. Mari went so far above my expectations that I am at a loss for words. She was my rock and always responded to me within 20 minutes and got things going when needed. Rhonda was my main PA and she was such a source of comfort and knowledge. This woman laughed with me and cried with me. She held my hand when needed and was like a fairy godmother. I loved these two women more than I can say. On the flip side, I didn't like the attitude of the front desk woman on the second floor suite who had short, white hair. She was frustrating and mean and just unpleasant. Luckily I got to see Gina at the front desk the most and she was always sweet and accommodating.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it.
It was a well oiled machine. You could go in between 6am and 12pm. I tended to be the first patient in the office due to my schedule. A lot of people would go to offices close to work to accommodate their schedules. I never waited more than 15 minutes, even on days that I showed up later (around 8). They let you do your blood work first if you aren't the first patient into a room which was nice. Rita (phlebotomist) was always friendly and efficient.
The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call. My medicated IUIs were under 2k including meds and daily monitoring (blood work and transvaginal u/s). My mini stim cycle was 11k plus $4000 for meds. I was able to get some donated meds and only paid $3600. After my positive pregnancy test (and two more to confirm the HcG was doubling appropriately) I had to pay for three of my ultrasounds ($60) out of 12 ultrasounds. All other copays were included with the cost of IUI and IVF.
He will not transfer more than one embryo if you are under 34 unless there is very good reason to suspect it is the only way to be successful. As IVF can cause many complications and puts you in the high risk category he does not like to add to possible complications unless well warranted.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Kovalevsky is very knowledgeable and explains procedures & risks well. I initially felt very comfortable with him but then as we moved further along into a second cycle I didn’t feel like there was a personal relationship at all with him. He would get very uncomfortable if I showed emotion & cried, only to ask me if I needed to see a therapist. Also, I worked at the same surgery center that he works at 1 day a week & I would say hello as I passed him in the hall & he wouldn’t even acknowledge me let alone remember I was his patient!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
He is very honest & blunt. He is knowledgeable but do not expect a warm & fuzzy demeanor.
All patients are put on the same cycle for monitoring & retrieval week. Usually you are seen by a PA or NP during monitoring but not always the same person.
First retrieval I was on follistim twice a day & low dose hcg. I responded quickly & was placed on ganirelix on day 4 of stim meds. Day 9 of the cycle Dr. K scanned me & told me I might get 4 eggs at best & asked if we wanted to cancel the cycle. I cried bc this was the first I was hearing about this! I ended up triggering that day for a retrieval on cycle day 11. A different doctor performed my retrieval and got 10 eggs! A lot more than 4! Ended up with 3 blastocysts.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I feel as though this clinic uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.
You are not always seen by the same provider so interpretation of labs as well as u/s results varied.

2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
His [Dr. Kovalevsky] strengths were that he talked to us as a concerned couple. ... After the last failed IUI Dr. K instructed us to go to a Urologist. ... This resulted in us moving to IVF with ICSI. ICSI was highly suggested to ensure the best results. ... He answered all questions we had. He wanted to help us as best as he could. We thought he was great! ... Dr. Kovalevsky treated me like a human. He generally listened to my concerns and fears of IVF. He looks at your eyes and gently tells you the truth.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I'm not sure if Dr. Kovelvsky had any weaknesses that I experienced. His strengths were that he talked to us as a concerned couple. He answered all questions we had. He wanted to help us as best as he could. We thought he was great!
Biggest Advice: Ask ALL questions you may have...any reservations. He'll answer them.
Dr. Kovalevsky treated me like a human. He generally listened to my concerns and fears of IVF. He looks at your eyes and gently tells you the truth. We had two great experiences with Dr. Kovalevsky which resulted in two wonderful beautiful children!
We tried IUI first. We did three cycles that failed. We tried these because we didn't know how bad my husband's sperm motility was. After the last failed IUI Dr. K instructed us to go to a Urologist. After that we met with Dr. K again, he went over the results of my husband's sperm counts. This resulted in us moving to IVF with ICSI. ICSI was highly suggested to ensure the best results.
I absolutely LOVED the nurses at RAD! They were so compassionate. They felt our pain, our anguish, and our complete and udder joy!! They were thorough with any explanations that were needed. Very positive all the time!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths: kindness, compassion, promptness, willing to work around my schedule. Weakness: the ONLY issue we had was talking about payment (2014). We felt we were being bullied into signing up for whatever RAD was offering at the time. We actually ended up switching insurance companies that did cover IVF. For a patient, before they even walk through the doors, they need to understand their health insurance. What other options they have BEFORE they start any treatments (which I'm sure I went over but can't remember).
My insurance covered everything. We had to pay the deductibles up front and co-pays every visit until I "graduated" from the clinic. In total from start of IUI to the end of the first IVF we spent about $6,000. The second frozen transer IVF we spent about $2,000
We were not interested in multiple embryos transferred. Dr. K was against it as well. Going over my chart, he didn't think it was necessary, he thought I would become pregnant easily without any issues. He was right both times!

2013 - 2015
Dr. Kovalevsky was amazing. I am sensitive and while I feel like he could be direct, it was never done in a hurtful way. He gave us all the facts we needed to make an informed decision. In the beginning, he told us that IVF was our best chance, but we wanted to try less invasive procedures. He turned out to be right, IVF ended up working for us. He also recommended genetic screening of our embryos and the testing identified the one embryo that would most likely be successful. That embryo turned out to be our son.
2013 - 2015
Go in with lots of questions, he will answer them all.
Dr. Kovalevsky treated us with kindness and empathy. He always took his time with us and answered all of our questions. When I was having a miscarriage, he took the time to call me and tell me about my blood work instead of having a nurse call me to tell me the bad news.
Ovulation Induction- Gonal F 200/2 times of day, HCG 10/2 times a day plus Doxycycline for 10 days Retrieved 17 eggs, procedure went well. Following Retrieval- Doxyclycline, Medrol (16 mg), Progesterone (50 mg.), Estrace (2mg). Continued Progesterone and Estrace until 12 weeks of pregnancy. My lining was not conducive for a fresh transfer, so we decided to to do a frozen and do the PGS testing as well. Frozen transfer- Estrace/Lupron Protocol The PGS testing showed that 3/4 embryos were abnormal and not compatible with life. We transferred the 1 genetically normal embryo and got pregnant! Our son is now 3 years old. Had a relatively uneventful pregnancy and he is healthy and intelligent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse)
The care coordinator, Dorri Purse was good at communicating with me. The rest of the nursing staff that I encountered (Rhonda Wright PA, Sue Carr MSN, CRNP) were excellent, down to the nurses that did my bloodwork- so gentle!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I would recommend this clinic to anyone. I've had the best experience there than any other doctor's office or hospital I've encountered. They hire the friendliest nurses, coordinators and receptionists. They are very caring and empathetic, which means the world when you're going through infertility. The only downside is that they are not cheap. Standard IVF cycle is $12,900. Goes up to $18,700 for IVF with PGS. Medication then runs $4,000-$7,000.
IVF with mini-PGS (testing of 4 embryos) $16,600. $800 Anesthesia $700 Embryoscope Copay for medications- Low dose HCG -$70, Ganirelix $105.88, Gonal- F $1410.86
He pushed a single embryo transfer and discussed all the risk of transferring multiple embryos. It helped change our mind from wanting to transfer 2 and instead just doing one.

2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level.... I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be.... If you have questions ASK THEM! There is a reason for everything and if you don’t understand he will explain it.
2008 - 2012
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level. Not sure about everyone else but much of what is going on through all of this is foreign to me and he made it understandable. I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be. As frighten as I was about all of the treatments and whether this was going to work or not listening to his explanations put my mind at ease. Well as much ease as you can have when going through such an important emotional time in your life. I recommend him to anyone that will listen. I tell them my story and how happy I was that I found him and from that meeting I have my amazing son. I will be forever grateful. There are not enough words to describe how much this experience changed not only my life but my whole outlook on life itself. I had to grow up a lot good big through something like this. I never knew anyone who had dealt with infertility before so having a doctor that was able to help me on my level was exactly what I needed. I hope to see him again some day. Maybe we can give it another go and get my son the sibling he has been asking for.
The staff and doctors in this practice become family. They were there for me for any reason I needed every step of the way.
I don’t really remember the protocol used. My son is 7 now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda )
Rhonda is an amazing lady. I probably would not have made it through all of this without her. She was my rock.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.
I did a trial with them where they were freezing the eggs then fertilizing them later. Because I was willing to try this type of procedure they offered a free traditional IVF if the trial failed. I had a chemical pregnancy with the trial so we moved forward with the IVF and got the results we prayed for. As for the medications... there were times I couldn’t afford certain ones and they offered to donate some to me from stock that the office has. I also donated what was left of my medication (unopened of course) after treatment for the next person that might need some help.
I remember him telling me the chances having multiples with single vs. multiple transfers and that helping us with the decision that we made.
Newark

We have been trying to conceive for close to 7 years ... Everything is fine with me, he [Dr. Kovalevsky] found that my husband has very low Sperm count and motility and morphology. ... He referred my husband to a urologist ... From what I have seen so far he is a great doctor and I will stick with him. ... He is very professional and personable and he is also quite funny ... he will cover everything and if you need to ask a million questions
We are still in the process of finding out what our options are, so I have only met the doctor twice. From what I have seen so far he is a great doctor and I will stick with him. I hope soon enough my husbands issues are addressed and then we can figure out our next step with doctor kovalevsky
Listen to everything he says, he will cover everything and if you need to ask a million questions
He is very professional and personable and he is also quite funny
We have been trying to conceive for close to 7 years now so when we went to doctor kovalevsky He tested my husband and I throughly to find out what our fertility issue was. Everything is fine with me, he found that my husband has very low Sperm count and motility and morphology. He referred my husband to a urologist who is currently treating him with medications to get his hormones leveled. Once that happens then we are to go back to kovalevsky for another semen analysis to see if we can do IUI since We can not afford IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillan)
They are all warm and friendly! Mari is so cute and bubbly! She really knows how to make someone feel better! Shes a rockstar
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
I’ve had no issues, it was a little confusing to find it at first but other then that the office is nice the testing part is nice. Everyone who works there is helpful and sincere. I would just maybe tell a new patient to get there early Incase they have trouble finding which building it is in
Just for testing to find out our fertility issues I would have to say close to $1,000

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Kovalevsky was an amazing doctor that took the time to explain things and make sure everyone was comfortable and understood. He had a way about him that made you feel comfortable. He held my hand as I went to sleep during surgery which helped calm me down. It has been a tough road but I wish he could have stayed my doctor.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Try your best to keep him as your doctor!
He was really caring and always took the time to explain and ask questions. He got to know us as a couple. Also, when I was undergoing surgery he held my hand as I went to sleep.
Dr. Kovalevsky did all necessary test pre-iui that would help ensure the best possible results. He checked my tubes, took a look at my follicles, studied my cycle, and kept me included in every decision for my care. We did have to do a hysteroscopy because of some blockage by fibroids and polyps but he cleaned it all up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Mari)
Everything was fantastic until Dr. Kovalevsky left. Once that happened there wasn’t great follow up or someone really in the loop with our care. We even had a missed cycle because of someone dropping the ball.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are all a personable staff but they lack communication. We had many hiccups these last few months that has made us question staying a customer. They did make it right but communication is their biggest downfall.
It was pretty expensive and I’m surprised with a states insurance that we couldn’t get anything covered.
He let my wife and I make the decision we wanted. He never told us which one to do he just gave us all the information we needed to make our own decision.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
George [Kovalevsky] was always there if we had any questions about the IVF process and well as his team of doctors and nurses. We had to do the full IVF process because my husband wasn’t making enough sperm to get pregnant on our own so this was the best process we could .... George was the best at what he does. He listened to us and never gave up. He wanted to help us to get pregnant and to try and welcome our miracle baby. I would definitely recommend anyone to him. I just wished he didn’t move away to another state
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
To never give up on what you want. We tired for 6 years and George finally made our wish come true in 2018. Never ever give up
I felt like he was willing to help us and never gave up on us as well
I just remember that the process was very long but worth it in the end. I remember I had to do lots of blood work and always sticking myself with needles here and there. The needles are the worst part but it has to be done. George was always there if we had any questions about the IVF process and well as his team of doctors and nurses. We had to do the full IVF process because my husband wasn’t making enough sperm to get pregnant on our own so this was the best process we could do
The nursing staff was the best through our whole process and we couldn’t thank them enough
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The staff are always so kind and so well to communicate with. Anyone would love this team. They will help you achieve any goal that you wish to approve there. In my opinion they have no weaknesses in my eyes.
With the whole IVF process we had to come out of pocket like$7,000. But all together around $30,000 for everything

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very kind and respectful, calm speaking and took his time to explain everything without having to feel pressured... Being new to this process was very important to us to have somebody who would understand. Even though it was difficult for an RN to agree to do this it was very easy to deal with all the medical personnel and. doctor Kovaleski. He definitely made the process much better. He was very informative, kind, respectful, professional. Always explaining everything and we never felt like we were pressured in any shape way or form.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
You will be taken care of by a very good doctor, staff, and office
He was very kind and respectful, calm speaking and took his time to explain everything without having to feel pressured
I do remember using them manage them for my wife because she was a perfect candidate due to her health history and her current age. And at the end the cycle did work for her
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Dorry)
They were all very professional, knowledgeable and helpful
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
When working very productive associates in the New York office you will be working with a very knowledgeable team. The team there is very caring, responsible, and knowledgeable. Every appointment at fall out there we had was a very good experience and a great atmosphere at the same time. We would highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling with infertility and would like to start a family
My insurance company did not cover not there with the IVF but the follow up visits. So overall between the process, medication it cost us over $15,000

2012 - 2015
Dr. Kovalevsky was very straight to the point. He is extremely knowledgeable. I trusted him with every decision he made. He does not have the best bed side Manor. When I had concerns about the number of embryos we lost he wasn’t very comforting.... Dr. Kovalevsky was very thorough in planning for our IVF cycle. He looked for anything that should be addressed prior to the cycle. I overstimulated and he ensured that I was safe and monitored.
2012 - 2015
If you’re looking for a doctor who comforts you, you may want to look at a different physician in the practice.
He personalized my treatment to my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
The nursing staff is absolutely amazing. They truly care about your emotional state during your cycle. Amy was my coordinator. She did absolutely everything in her power to make sure we could afford IVF. She was my right hand during the cycle. I could call her for anything and she was always there for me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The office is organized and staff are absolutely wonderful. They learn your name and they know your story. They care about your success as much as you do. They have great hours to accommodate all patients.
The billing department ensured that my insurance covered anything they could find. They assisted me with estimating costs. There was a medication that we could not afford and they happened to have it donated by another patient and they gave it to us. That is what made IVF possible for us. They referred me to specific pharmacies that had the best pricing for certain medications.
Dr. Kovalevsky would not transfer more than one embryo due to riskiness.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Kovalevsky was amazing. From our consultation he went over every possible choice my husband and I had on our road to having kids. He calmed our fears and allowed us to make decisions we felt best with.... We took the time to go through every possible step before completing IVF, and while we are happy with our outcome, we also spent a lot of time “waiting.”. Dr. Kovalevsky let us know at our first consolation that IVF was a possibility and a better shot for us.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Reach out and ask for help soon. We took the time to go through every possible step before completing IVF, and while we are happy with our outcome, we also spent a lot of time “waiting.”. Dr. Kovalevsky let us know at our first consolation that IVF was a possibility and a better shot for us.
He was very polite and cautious of our feelings. He reminded me that I needed to relax and let him do his job!
We did many tests to make sure I didn’t have any cysts, polups, or blocked tubes. My husband was tested for many things including varicose veins. We tried IUI and moved on to two rounds of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Beth )
Extremely friendly and welcoming! They were just as excited for us as family and friends.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
i have no complaints, I just wish they had early hours at a closer locations. i had to drive 2 hours at 4 am to make it before work. I loved their convenience of the portal and flexible scheduling. i also liked that blood work was done right at the office.
So happy that RAD only does single embryo transfers!
Newark

The dr. [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very thorough with his explanation. I felt that he gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. He never pushed a particular treatment on me. He was very upfront and honest about my options and chances of getting pregnant with each option.... Dr. Kovalevsky was very honest and professional about my diagnosis. He was helpful and always explained the chances of each procedure. He was thorough and made sure I had the best chance at getting pregnant.
European, Middle Eastern
He will give you options, he will not tell you what to do or what treatment to take.
The dr. was very thorough with his explanation. I felt that he gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. He never pushed a particular treatment on me. He was very upfront and honest about my options and chances of getting pregnant with each option.
They never made me feel like just another patient. They were kind and compassionate. They saw me as a person and I felt like I got very personalized care.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
The clinic was always positive and made me feel comfortable. They knew my situation and never made me feel like a number. They were flexible with my schedule and always able to accommodate. There were times where I ran out of medicine and they were able to help me. After hours, they returned my calls within a timely manner and answered my questions. Never, did I feel like I was bothering them.
It was costly. I had to pay for the procedures and the medicine.
Dover
Dr. Kovalevsky was an amazing communicator and always made sure that you understood every aspect of your treatments. He has great bedside manner and treated me very well. He is a very knowledgeable individual and always answered any questions that I may have thought where a "stupid question" and made sure I understood.... If I did not understand something that was being told to me, he would explain it in a way that I would be able to understand.
That he is an amazing doctor and ask any question, because no question is a "stupid question".
They were all very excellent
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are one of the best clinics for fertility and all the staff are very welcoming. When I first walked into the door they welcomed me with open arms, when I was first very scared to even go talk to a doctor about my fertility issues.

1 IUI, IVF
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very nice to us and always tell us what is the best decision for us. We wish we would have listened to him from the beginning of the treatment.he explained us the whole process of the treatment very clearly and answered all my questions.... He is very patient and good listener. He always tries to be in same boat with the client and suggest us what is cheaper and better as we are paying from our own pocket.
1 IUI, IVF
He was very nice to us and always tell us what is the best decision for us. We wish we would have listened to him from the beginning of the treatment.he explained us the whole process of the treatment very clearly and answered all my questions.
Just do whatever he says
He is very patient and good listener. He always tries to be in same boat with the client and suggest us what is cheaper and better as we are paying from our own pocket. One more person I have to mention is miss sue. She is the best I ever had.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Overall this clinic is great. I wish I this clinic has little bit more extended hours. SUE was the best among all the person. This place is well organized and clean. nurse BAKY(hope I spelled right) is very friendly and very helpful. Only one problem with this clinic I have with the billing department, they overcharged me which I had to catch.!

Endometriosis, Other
George Kovalevsky is a patient and trustworthy doctor. He took the time to explain all of the treatments and what he felt was best. He was easy to communicate with and offered advice on sperm clinics as well as printed information with all of the options as well.... This doctor explained every detail of what is to be expected and every step before and after treatment
Endometriosis, Other
Ask many questions.
They were helpful when we arrived.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
It's a friendly atmosphere and the Dr's are knowledgeable and compassionate. The ladies at the front desk were a little impatient but the dr.s were very helpful when recommending treatment. If you are a new patient I would recommend searching for specific questions that you want to ask because we all forget things and then remember when we leave the office.
My insurance did not cover any of the costs.
Dover
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] is kind, informative, patient, and appropriately humorous. He put me and my husband at ease by answering every question we had. He prepared us to be “cautiously optimistic” as we embarked on this process. ... IVF for diminished ovarian reserve. ... He was very patient with our numerous questions and showed a lot of compassion. ... Ask every question you have; he’s listening. ... Yes, they [RAD] will only transfer one embryo, and we understand the reasons why.
He is kind, informative, patient, and appropriately humorous. He put me and my husband at ease by answering every question we had. He prepared us to be “cautiously optimistic” as we embarked on this process.
Ask every question you have; he’s listening.
He was very patient with our numerous questions and showed a lot of compassion.
IVF for diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
We had anticipated more help dealing with insurance claims and were led to believe they would intercede when necessary, but this did not happen. We had to be very proactive every step of the way to make sure our coverage was correct. They are wonderful at responding quickly.
Yes, they will only transfer one embryo, and we understand the reasons why.
Newark

Dr. Kovalesky explained every procedure and had a positive outlook with our situation. He would explain a plan a and a plan b. He took the time to go through the process and answer any questions we had. While we had our transfer he explained everything that was happening in detail and made us feel very comfortable.... I followed his directions as best as I could. The main instructions were for injections and medications.
Trust
He was very personable.
Amazing!!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Strengths- very friendly and thorough. All staff greets with a smile and talks to you like a friend. Very clean and welcoming. Weakness- I was left in waiting room one day bc they forgot my appointment.
With insurance we paid a total of $8,000
MET there is a higher risk of twins which is a high risk pregnancy. Technology has gotten so good a SETis better for the mother and baby.

2009 - 2016
Dr K [George Kovalevsky] explained everything to me walked me threw everything and was very supportive and understanding threw the whole process... He is an amazing doctor. He explained everything to me walked me threw the whole process. And when the first frozen transfer I did didnt take he was very supportive and compassionate towards that difficult time.... Birth control active pills to prevent a menstrual cycle and sync to their schedule Lupron to stop ovulation Folistem to encourage multiple eggss Hcg trigger shot to mature the eggs Progesterone to thicken lining and support pregnancy
2009 - 2016
Do everything he says to do and your cycle will go smoothly.
Dr K explained everything to me walked me threw everything and was very supportive and understanding threw the whole process
They were all amazing and supportive
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
They are amazing great communication skills. Supportive and compassionate to all their patients. They were amazing with my daughter when she would come to my appointments. They would explain things to her that she could understand
Meds $1300 Copays are $30 for each visit Thawing embry #1 $300 Thawing embryo 2 $400 Yearly storage $500 I dont remember the cost for all the other procedures
I understood why it was important to inly transfer one embryo

Endometriosis, PCOS
I would go to him [Dr. Kovalevsky] again. Very kind and patient...Used femara and an injection for each cycle. Also, used progesterone suppositories while waiting for blood work results to see if I was pregnant...He took his time. He’s compassionate. He went over risks and expectations. Findings were well explained to me and my family very well. He allowed to time to think of questions. Easily able to email him or staff.
Endometriosis, PCOS
I would go to him again. Very kind and patient.
Compassionate care. Explained procedures well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Associates of Delaware. (Assigned nurse: Madi Esquillen)
Most well very welcoming and friendly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
No complaints, except long waits sometimes. Everything is explained well and felt comfortable the whole time. Plan on havin time to wait at your visits. Care is good. Ask questions. Keep your mind in the goal. It is emotionally and mentally draining at times.
All paid out of pocket. Can’t remember costs.

9 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was and did exploratory surgery. Gave me hope. After surgery he transferred and moved to a different state so I had to get transfer with another doctor that failed . He was very hopeful but realistic at the same time... Surgery to remove fluid in uterus then frozen fet
9 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He was and did exploratory surgery. Gave me hope. After surgery he transferred and moved to a different state so I had to get transfer with another doctor that failed . He was very hopeful but realistic at the same time
Surgery to remove fluid in uterus then frozen fet
Professional and compassionate
Describe your experience with Reproductive Associates of Delaware.
Busy clinic and not always see same doctor . Great experience however did not get pregnant . Would love to go back if I could . Very emotional process and they were all supportive . Just wish it would’ve worked
Very expensive