Harvard Vanguard

Burlington
20 Wall Street
Burlington, MA 01803
781-221-2500

I had to suggest treatment protocols [to Dr. Kovalevsky]. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it.
I received countless calls [from Reproductive Associates of Delaware] with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game...It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming...If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
I had to suggest treatment protocols. Specifically the ERA, when I had the appt to have that done, they had to read the instruction manual as if they had no idea what they were doing (both he and his assistant). Yet my coordinator was well versed with the ERA's and had said that they had a lot of success with them. I had to have a Pap smear during my course of treatment and Dr. K performed it. He did not get enough tissue so I had to repeat it. I have never in my 24 years of getting pap smears had to repeat one due to Dr. failure. He never agreed with any of the "controversial" procedures I brought up and had a physical appearance about him as if I was foolish to even suggest it. I'm not sure what has transpired with him since our successful pregnancy back in 2013, but he has since left the practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Choose another practice. If your case is somewhat "typical" you might end up with a child, but if you need a tweaked treatment plan, forget it. It won't happen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
We were with this clinic on two different occasions. Once with our 4 year old son. The clinic and Dr. K were amazing. We conceived via IUI. We started for a sibling in 2016 and started with IUI's and moved to IVF. The feeling at the clinic was VERY different. It was very much like a conveyor belt. Mistakes were made and many of the new faces were not welcoming.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
Nothing was tweaked in any of my cycles. When I questioned why were doing the same thing over and over again (quoting Einstein who said insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result) He said that we DID try something else, namely the ERA that I suggested. I kept begging them to look into why my progesterone was so low and they did nothing about it. They offered no explanation as to why I kept losing my pregnancies, Dr. K made it seem that I just need to keep doing it, because it would eventually result in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse and Amy Miller)
Dorri was great. She showed compassion and professionalism. Amy Miller was cold and abrupt. The nursing staff has changed so much over the years and NOT in a good way. They have no compassion for their patients. In fact one of my favorite nurses (from our successful pregnancy) at one point apologized with her eyes rolling for taking so long during an appt because the prior patient had SO MANY questions. I found that very unprofessional and hurtful.
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
The treat you as an number on a conveyor belt. There is no compassion and no love for their jobs. I received countless calls with incorrect information. This is a profession that you should be on top of game.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
There were times I was asked to pay thousands of dollars only to find out later that I did not. The bilk you for everything you have with nothing to show for it. I did have insurance coverage which I was grateful for, however it at times was a complete nightmare
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I received calls asking when I was coming in when I didn't have an appt. I was told that my HCG level was one thing and different on another day. My one retrieval was almost cancelled and I was told to inject myself again with another trigger that night, only to receive a call from the doctor's personal cell phone saying that they made a mistake and that I was expected to ovulate.
Dover
Treated 2014 - 2018
Dr. Kovalevsky is a smart and brilliant doctor just his bedside are lacking. He wouldn't give you hope on the procedure itself, sometimes I left the office asking my husband "so wait what does he want to do"... My first round of retrieval, he used the minimum low dosage of medication, when before it was to end I was called by another doctor to tell me the medicine wasn't doing its job and I looked like a 40 year old woman and not a 28 year old. Round two of medicine worked better and cost more but I wish he would have sat down and ask us what we wanted to do.. 2 Rounds of medicine was hard on both of us.
The PA's in that office [Reproductive Associates of DE] are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
I would have a meeting with all the doctors in the office
As Dr. Kovalevsky is a very good doctor in what he does, very intelligent, his bedside manners are lacking and just makes you feel like just another patient and not a person going through something you never imaged as a little girl.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
The nurses are wonderful, they are very heartwarming with is really nice when to go through this process.
The PA's in that office are so wonderful! They really make you feel better about crying and negative test results, they make you feel like you are not alone and you can do anything. They are so smart and they are usually who you see and I personally like seeing them more then the Doctor cause they made me feel like a person with nothing wrong with me.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I never had to be monitored for anything. So far everything has come back it has not worked.
Our whole process at this time is about $20,000 that includes medications
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I only had one transfer that was not successful and I wish we had more embryos to fall back on.
Newark
Treated 2015 - 2017
[Dr. George Kovalevsky] Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant.
Clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!...All the nurses, coordinators and staff we excellent!!! They made me feel like I was there only patient!! And after seeing them almost everyday they felt like family!! We were extremely close!!! They helped with all the stress and anxiety I was going through! They were so compassionate!!!! Loved them all!!!
Wish I had an opportunity to meet all doctor's before going with Dr. Kovalevsky. Felt like I was just another paitent. He diegnosed me with pcos and then went over what we should do. Instead of telling me what plan we should go with he gave me two options, Surgery to see if anything was blocking tubes or to see poplips that they couldn't see during testing or iui. I am not a doctor and asked him what we thought we should do first and he stated it was up to us! He hyped up iui and told us our odds were higher if we did that vs. timed intercourse. We did three rounds of iui and never got pregnant. We only seen him 2 maybe three times. The first time for consultantion, the second for diagnosis and the third to go over options if the third iui didn't take. He stated to us that if the third iui didn't take we should look into ivf! Witch is extremely expensive and we had to ask our parents to help pay for the three iui's! While getting our third iui done I spoke with another doctor who was very helpful with pcos and expaibed that if this 3rd iui didn't take we should consider the surgery! With my pcos I don't have severe symptoms I just don't ovulate on my own and each iui cycle I ovulated and husband's sperm count was immaculate! Wanted to stop fertility treatments because I felt like Dr. Kovalevsky was just wasting our money! Big let down and very stressful! After my third iui I found out that I could switch doctor's! Excited to finally get the help we need!!
If you are one who likes options on what you want to do see him. If you are one who believes the doctor should tell you what needs to be done and the right path you should take see someone else. Also if you don't like to see your doctor through your treatments often Dr. Kovalevsky is the guy for you!
Seen him once before our three iui cycles for our consultantion and didn't see him again until the third cycle. Felt like we wasted our money! He kept us on the same plan for all three cycles when it didn't work the first time he didn't meet with us to try something else. Instead we did the same for all three iui and had the same results all three times no pregnancy!! Extremely frustrating and stress full!!
Pushed for ivf due to high success rates and then push for IUI because we refuse to do IVF due to PCOS not being severe. He also suggest doing timed intercourse and surgery he was very wishy-washy on what he wanted us to do. I then asked him what he thought we should do and he told me that option was ours. We decided on doing IUI and he prescribed me letrozole with progesterone and we did three IUI cycles. All three cycles I ovulated and sperm count was extremely high. No one could understand why I wasn't getting pregnant. After the third iui he meet with us and stated we should do ivf next do to high secess rate. After speaking with another doctor there we found out that our case didn't need to do ivf!! Dr. Kovalevsky is all about ivf!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Maudi )
Clinic was magnificent never had a horrible experience with them ever!!! They were always there for me when I needed them!! All staff was wonderful!!! I would recommend this clinic to everyone!! Going through fertility is very stressful and they were so companionate and understanding!!!!
Over 8,000
Dover

Treated 2014 - 2016
Dr. Kovalevsky is very knowledgeable and explains procedures & risks well. I initially felt very comfortable with him but then as we moved further along into a second cycle I didn’t feel like there was a personal relationship at all with him. He would get very uncomfortable if I showed emotion & cried, only to ask me if I needed to see a therapist. Also, I worked at the same surgery center that he works at 1 day a week & I would say hello as I passed him in the hall & he wouldn’t even acknowledge me let alone remember I was his patient!
I feel as though this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE] uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.... All patients are put on the same cycle for monitoring & retrieval week. Usually you are seen by a PA or NP during monitoring but not always the same person.
He is very honest & blunt. He is knowledgeable but do not expect a warm & fuzzy demeanor.
First retrieval I was on follistim twice a day & low dose hcg. I responded quickly & was placed on ganirelix on day 4 of stim meds. Day 9 of the cycle Dr. K scanned me & told me I might get 4 eggs at best & asked if we wanted to cancel the cycle. I cried bc this was the first I was hearing about this! I ended up triggering that day for a retrieval on cycle day 11. A different doctor performed my retrieval and got 10 eggs! A lot more than 4! Ended up with 3 blastocysts.
I feel as though this clinic uses a one size fits all approach with IVF. If you miss the cycle start date you have to wait a whole month to start with the next group & in the meantime they place you on birth control.
You are not always seen by the same provider so interpretation of labs as well as u/s results varied.
Newark