Harvard Vanguard

Burlington
20 Wall Street
Burlington, MA 01803
781-221-2500

Dr. Kovalevsky was an amazing doctor that took the time to explain things and make sure everyone was comfortable and understood. He had a way about him that made you feel comfortable. He held my hand as I went to sleep during surgery which helped calm me down. It has been a tough road but I wish he could have stayed my doctor.
They are all a personable staff but they lack communication [at Reproductive Associates of DE-Dover]. We had many hiccups these last few months that has made us question staying a customer. They did make it right but communication is their biggest downfall.... Everything was fantastic until Dr. Kovalevsky left. Once that happened there wasn’t great follow up or someone really in the loop with our care. We even had a missed cycle because of someone dropping the ball.
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Try your best to keep him as your doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
He was really caring and always took the time to explain and ask questions. He got to know us as a couple. Also, when I was undergoing surgery he held my hand as I went to sleep.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
Dr. Kovalevsky did all necessary test pre-iui that would help ensure the best possible results. He checked my tubes, took a look at my follicles, studied my cycle, and kept me included in every decision for my care. We did have to do a hysteroscopy because of some blockage by fibroids and polyps but he cleaned it all up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari)
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
They are all a personable staff but they lack communication. We had many hiccups these last few months that has made us question staying a customer. They did make it right but communication is their biggest downfall.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
It was pretty expensive and I’m surprised with a states insurance that we couldn’t get anything covered.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
He let my wife and I make the decision we wanted. He never told us which one to do he just gave us all the information we needed to make our own decision.
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
We had someone not communicate that we were trying another cycle and not just monitoring and we ended up missing our window. There was also a point where they didn’t answer calls, emails, or requests. I’ve found that majority of their problems happen around holidays.
Treated 2012 - 2015
Dr. Kovalevsky was very straight to the point. He is extremely knowledgeable. I trusted him with every decision he made. He does not have the best bed side Manor. When I had concerns about the number of embryos we lost he wasn’t very comforting.... Dr. Kovalevsky was very thorough in planning for our IVF cycle. He looked for anything that should be addressed prior to the cycle. I overstimulated and he ensured that I was safe and monitored.
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Associates of DE] is absolutely amazing. They truly care about your emotional state during your cycle. Amy was my coordinator. She did absolutely everything in her power to make sure we could afford IVF. She was my right hand during the cycle. I could call her for anything and she was always there for me.... The office is organized and staff are absolutely wonderful. They learn your name and they know your story. They care about your success as much as you do. They have great hours to accommodate all patients.
If you’re looking for a doctor who comforts you, you may want to look at a different physician in the practice.
He personalized my treatment to my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Amy )
The nursing staff is absolutely amazing. They truly care about your emotional state during your cycle. Amy was my coordinator. She did absolutely everything in her power to make sure we could afford IVF. She was my right hand during the cycle. I could call her for anything and she was always there for me.
The billing department ensured that my insurance covered anything they could find. They assisted me with estimating costs. There was a medication that we could not afford and they happened to have it donated by another patient and they gave it to us. That is what made IVF possible for us. They referred me to specific pharmacies that had the best pricing for certain medications.
Dr. Kovalevsky would not transfer more than one embryo due to riskiness.

Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] was friendly and seemed to be very knowledgeable. He shoed concern for my age and the timing of the fertility. He was clear on the options I had. The only problem was I only saw him twice during the treatment. I met with other nurses, but didn't have much contact with him. ... I did timed intercourse. Therefore. My treatment was based off of tracking my ovulation and when my egg would release. So I had ultrasounds and bloodwork often. Same for when I used donor sperm for my one cycle of iui.
Strengths - Warm and caring Doctor's and Patient coordinators. Weakness - Billing department can be pretty ruthless. I think new patients should carefully select their doctors according to their needs. Also, make sure you ask questions when it comes to your insurance coverage as well as your procedures. ... She [nurse] was warm and friendly. Showed great compassion and was always checking up on me. She was great.
He was friendly and seemed to be very knowledgeable. He shoed concern for my age and the timing of the fertility. He was clear on the options I had. The only problem was I only saw him twice during the treatment. I met with other nurses, but didn't have much contact with him.
He knows his material, but you may not see him often.
He was very considerate and knowledgeable. But he was completely honest and firm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari Esqualin)
She was warm and friendly. Showed great compassion and was always checking up on me. She was great.
My insurance covered 90% of testing. Did not cover IUI or IVF
Dover
Dr. Kovelaskey was a very caring and well mannered doctor. He never made me feel hopeless or unworthy. This also was a downfall because I was very hopeful that my cycle would be successful and it failed. The one time I felt more like a number was when he moved out of state in the middle of my cycle, which I understood the reasoning however it was difficult having your doctor changed in the middle of an IVF cycle.... I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
The nursing staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.... there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing.
Dr. Kovalevsky was very caring and explained my infertility very well. Everytime I seen Dr. Kovalevsky I left the office on a positive note and a lot of hope. Unforuntantly, he left in the middle of my cycle to relocate to another state to be with family. I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
I would advice them that if they did not understand or were not clear on something that is said to them to ask for him to explain it differently. Understanding infertility is hard and I had to ask him to repeat and explain things over many times.
Once it was thought that I had endometriosis I was scheduled for surgery to check to see if there was endometriosis, and to remove some cyst that were found during ultrasound. The surgery went very well, and they made me very comfortable (this was my first time ever having surgery). After surgery I was diagnosed with stage 3/4 endometriosis. At that time Dr. Kovalevsky informed us that our best option would be to do IVF. We started an IVF treatment with a medication protocol including various different bills and injections. I was monitored by ultrasound about every other day. It was determined that we would do a fresh transfer. About half way through the monitoring hr left the practice.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
The nursing staff were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.
When I first came to the clinic I was very hopeful. However, there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing. Whenever I had a question I never knew who I was supposed to contact. My doctor gave me 2 options of 2 different medication protocols. This information was not received by the care coordinator for an unknown reason. When I attempted to explain the protocol I wanted there was a lot of confusion, and I gave up and took the protocol that they had in mind. This is frustrating because the cycle failed, and when I start a new cycle they will be using the other protocol that was offered. They believe I will respond better to this other medication protocol. After my failed cycle I also felt alone. I do not feel as if I was fully explained my next options and the reason my cycle failed. I finally requested an appointment and was explained my next steps.
I had insurance coverage when I started my IVF cycle. The insurance did not cover everything, and I maxed out my benefits. I had to take out a loan for 8,000 to cover the medication cost, as well as additional cost for IVF.
Dr. Kovalevsky would only do single embryo transfer.
I was not provided adequate information about my failed cycle. I was also told I could do a research study, however I was disqualified. The information as to why I was disqualified was never explained to me. I requested and appointment where they apologized and stated that I was supposed to receive a phone call explaining this information.
Treated 2017 - 2018
We have been trying to conceive for close to 7 years ... Everything is fine with me, he [Dr. Kovalevsky] found that my husband has very low Sperm count and motility and morphology. ... He referred my husband to a urologist ... From what I have seen so far he is a great doctor and I will stick with him. ... He is very professional and personable and he is also quite funny ... he will cover everything and if you need to ask a million questions
I’ve had no issues, it was a little confusing to find it at first but other then that the office [RAD] is nice the testing part is nice. Everyone who works there is helpful and sincere. I would just maybe tell a new patient to get there early Incase they have trouble finding which building it is in ... Just for testing to find out our fertility issues I would have to say close to $1,000 ...They [nursing staff] are all warm and friendly! Mari is so cute and bubbly! She really knows how to make someone feel better! Shes a rockstar
We are still in the process of finding out what our options are, so I have only met the doctor twice. From what I have seen so far he is a great doctor and I will stick with him. I hope soon enough my husbands issues are addressed and then we can figure out our next step with doctor kovalevsky
Listen to everything he says, he will cover everything and if you need to ask a million questions
He is very professional and personable and he is also quite funny
We have been trying to conceive for close to 7 years now so when we went to doctor kovalevsky He tested my husband and I throughly to find out what our fertility issue was. Everything is fine with me, he found that my husband has very low Sperm count and motility and morphology. He referred my husband to a urologist who is currently treating him with medications to get his hormones leveled. Once that happens then we are to go back to kovalevsky for another semen analysis to see if we can do IUI since We can not afford IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillan)
They are all warm and friendly! Mari is so cute and bubbly! She really knows how to make someone feel better! Shes a rockstar
I’ve had no issues, it was a little confusing to find it at first but other then that the office is nice the testing part is nice. Everyone who works there is helpful and sincere. I would just maybe tell a new patient to get there early Incase they have trouble finding which building it is in
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] was very knowledgeable about our situation. He went through all of our tests and explained everything to us.... Only met with the doctor twice and went over all our options. He was very nice and knowledgeable. He also went over prices for some of our options and that is where we ran into financial problems. We asked to take our treatment slow so we can pay as we go...Most of our tests were done for my wife. I was asked for sperm and blood samples then put on medication
Very nice clean facility, the staff is great and the doctor is very knowledgeable. I’m still in the fertility process and making more appointments. You will be pleased with your decisions if you choose reproductive associates of Delaware....Only met with the doctor [Dr. Kovalevsky] twice and went over all our options. He was very nice and knowledgeable. He also went over prices for some of our options and that is where we ran into financial problems.
He’s very good, respectful and knows the field inside and out.
He was very knowledgeable about our situation. He went through all of our tests and explained everything to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari sequillin)
She’s great, very knowledgeable and helpful, looking forward to our next appointment
My wife and I started treatment August 2017 so it has only been 8 months. With both my wife’s and I expenses it comes out to over $2000