5.4

781-431-5400
20 Wall Street
Burlington, MA 01803
781-221-2500

I felt very listened to and respected by Dr. Kovalevsky. He always gave me time to gather my thoughts and ask all of the questions I could think of. He respected my wishes and adjusted my treatment accordingly, so I felt like I had more control over what was happening with my body. He is a straight talker; he was always very clear and easy to understand...retrieved 10 mature eggs, which produced 4 embryos after ICSI.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] was always prompt and friendly. They did their jobs efficiently and I didn't spend a lot of time waiting...has so much under one roof, it makes it very easy to see specialists...I was thrilled to find out I would be working with Harvard Vanguard throughout the whole process, and only do the procedures at Boston IVF. I was able to go to the clinic early in the morning to get my blood work and ultrasound done, so it had a very minimal impact on my work schedule. I received phone calls with my test results and instructions, but my test results and medication information also always showed in my patient portal.
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Be prepared for your appointments so that you can ask questions. He is very willing to answer any questions and adjust your treatment accordingly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Kovalevsky really listened to me in every appointment that we had. He never rushed me to ask questions, he gave me time to think after he provided me iwth information. When he saw me in the waiting room, even for appointments that weren't with him, he stopped and said hello and asked how I was. I saw the same nurses and techs during my treatment, and they were always friendly. It made the experience feel much more personal than clinical.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. I talked to Dr. Kovalevsky about lower doses, and he agreed, since my test results indicated I would be a good responder. I was prescribed 250 units of Gonal F and 20 units of HcG dilution. I went in for bloodwork and an ultrasound every other day, and I responded well to the protocol. We did not have to make any adjustments to my dosages. I also took 0.25 mg of Cetrotide. We used 10,000 units of HcG as a trigger shot, since my bloodwork and ultrasounds did not show a risk of OHSS. I took my trigger shot on Day 9, with my retrieval on Day 11. They retrieved 10 mature eggs, which produced 4 embryos after ICSI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The nursing staff was always prompt and friendly. They did their jobs efficiently and I didn't spend a lot of time waiting.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
I have always loved that Harvard Vanguard has so much under one roof, it makes it very easy to see specialists. Therefore, I was thrilled to find out I would be working with Harvard Vanguard throughout the whole process, and only do the procedures at Boston IVF. I was able to go to the clinic early in the morning to get my blood work and ultrasound done, so it had a very minimal impact on my work schedule. I received phone calls with my test results and instructions, but my test results and medication information also always showed in my patient portal. I found the process very easy at Harvard Vanguard. Probably the only drawback is that only 3 locations handle IVF. I live close to Burlington, so that was the most convenient for me, but I did have to go to Kenmore when Burlington wasn't open. If you didn't live close to one of the IVF locations, it might be a bit harder to coordinate all of the appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard.
My medications came to approximately $600. My appointments with Dr. Kovalevsky had a $40 specialist copay. My egg retrieval and embryo transfer at Boston IVF came to $9,400. Freezing an extra sample of sperm was $325. I was fortunate that my insurance completely covered my IVF costs. Total cost to me and my husband was about $1,000.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Due to my age and health, we decided eSET very easily. Dr. Kovalevsky talked about the additional risks incurred with multiples. My insurance also set conditions on how many embryos could be transferred, so we would have had to do eSET regardless.
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr. Kovalevsky] was always kind, patient, and thorough, answering all of our questions. He even called me himself once or twice...took the time to explain his recommendations as to how we should proceed and why, which I appreciated. When our 2nd IUI failed, he called us to come in and discussed in person why he felt IVF was a better route for us at this point. I am glad we listened. He was confident that we would get a good number of eggs and he was right. He also explained what we should expect, and I felt prepared about everything going into the IVF cycle.
All the communication [at Harvard Vanguard] is done by calling, although they do have the online system, it was always better to call. Sometimes there were long waits before I could speak to someone. On the positive side, I was always able to get in for appointments when I needed to and was able to go to other locations if I needed to be there on the weekend. Someone always called me back pretty quickly...All of the nurses were great. There were 4 and I felt we really got to know each other during all my time there. I was sad to leave my team when it was time to change to OB! Chris is awesome. I also loved the ultrasound tech ladies! I hope they are still there when we go back for baby number 2!
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr K took the time to explain his recommendations as to how we should proceed and why, which I appreciated. When our 2nd IUI failed, he called us to come in and discussed in person why he felt IVF was a better route for us at this point. I am glad we listened. He was confident that we would get a good number of eggs and he was right. He also explained what we should expect, and I felt prepared about everything going into the IVF cycle.
Don't be afraid to ask him lots of questions.
Dr K was always kind, patient, and thorough, answering all of our questions. He even called me himself once or twice, when usually it's just the nurses.
We started with 2 rounds of timed intercourse using clomid, both resulting in negative pregnancy tests. On the third try, we changed to femera and IUI, which resulted in a positive pregnancy test, but unfortunately ended in early miscarriage. On the 4th try, we repeated the same treatment, although Dr. K expressed IVF was a better option. However, we felt since it "worked" with IUI it could work again, so wanted to try that one more time. When that didn't work, Dr. K called us to come in and explained again that IVF would be a better route for us. So we agreed. We had to take a month off, but it was smooth sailing after that. Dr. K monitored how I was reacting to meds and adjusted accordingly. Because I ended up with 29 eggs retrieved and high estrogen levels, Dr K wanted to do a "Freeze all cycle" to improve our chances of implantation/transfer success. Again we had to take a month off, but then I had an easy protocol for the transfer. It was femera, a trigger shot, then a week later did the transfer. I asked Dr K if I could avoid the PIO shots and we did crinone (progesterone) suppositories instead. The transfer procedure went well, but it was not performed by Dr K. (The doctors rotate at our clinic for actual procedures)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
All the communication is done by calling, although they do have the online system, it was always better to call. Sometimes there were long waits before I could speak to someone. On the positive side, I was always able to get in for appointments when I needed to and was able to go to other locations if I needed to be there on the weekend. Someone always called me back pretty quickly.
We had a high deductible insurance plan, so we paid for everything out of pocket until we hit that amount. Then everything was covered. We have a lifetime max fertility policy of up to $25k.
Dr K felt we should do a single embryo transfer and gave his reasons for wanting to do so (although I can't recall them all now), but he felt strongly about it so we agreed.
What specific things went wrong at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Early on, they found a cyst on my left ovary. It took a few months before anyone told me it was actually an endometrioma. Had I known that fact, I may have chosen to get surgery to remove it or move straight to IVF as opposed to doing those 2 IUIs. I do not blame Dr K, as he wasn't with the practice yet when that occurred.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. K {Kovalevsky] preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!... Dr. K always listened to my concerns and would adjust treatment accordingly. He also was amazing about getting back to me. He would often do phone conferences during the same day to ensure all my questions were answered.
The clinic [RAD] did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time.... Mari Esquillin was absolutely amazing! I cannot speak more highly of her. She was so quick to answer request and guenuinely cared for each patient. As for other IVF coordinators, some lacked good bed side manner. It seemed like they gave you a the standard message they give everyone. They were great about getting back to you it you had questions.
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Do not be afraid of discussing all of your options as Dr. K will weigh all the pros and cons regarding them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
I felt like Dr. K treated me like a human however the clinic did not allow my body to naturally start a cycle. They would only allow my to start a cycle that would match up with all of the other patients. Therefore I would be pushed to the next month if my menstration period did not come in time. At that point I felt more like a number and did not feel the individual care.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
Dr. K preformed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy surgery for my endometriosis, which I felt was very helpful. I had a surgery only 3 months prior to that with my regular obgyn and it was a terrible recovery with no symptom relief. The surgery with Dr. K was the complete opposite!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillin )
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
They are great communicators! They will often get back to you immediately. At times though they can be not that sensitive to your situation. For example, I waS was told my pregnancy test was negative over a voicemail and the nurse yawned during the middle of the voicemail. As much as I am sure this is their norm it was devistating to me. So staff fall into the “this is our norm”, but other staff go above and beyond for your needs!
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Insurance covered a large percentage, but about $5000 out of pocket.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Although Dr. K did not prefer to use multiple embryo transfer after two failed cycles with unknown causes he allowed us to engage in multiple embryo transfer. He made his concerns known respectfully but did not deny us of our request.
Treated 2017 - 2018
This clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions.... These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner.
My experience with Dr Kovalevsky was beyond phenomenal! After 10 years of having the same undiagnosed problems I was referred to RAD. It only took him a few visits and test to figure out what the problem was! I was treated and on to the process of becoming a mother. I appreciate him so much for giving me the answers that I longed for! He was so compassionate, caring, and yet straightforward! He is what I’ve needed for so long and I am so proud to call him my fertility doctor! He’s the best hands down and I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
One piece of advise I would give is to have all your questions written down so you won’t forget anything, but don’t worry because he will answer each and every one them!
I felt like a human each and every time we visited the clinic because they care and it shows from the moment you walk in the door.
He performed a much needed surgery that helped my menstrual cycle get back on track! Afterwards I was placed on birth control to help regulate things. My fertility treatment plan was delayed and will pick up in a few months. But we have still remained in contact and kept everything on track.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Amy Miller and Mari E.)
These ladies are amazing! They are so caring and definitely make welcome you with open arms. They are compassionate and treat you like family. They answer your questions in a very timely manner. If it’s something they don’t know off hand they do everything they can to find out for you. I absolutely enjoy all of them at every visit!
This clinic is awesome! It’s warm, beautiful, and comforting. They are so welcoming as soon as you open the door. Everyone is so kind and always speak. Your not rushed, they allow you to talk and ask any questions. They are a wonderful group of people and look forward to every appointment.
I was obligated to pay my copays. I also had to pay for some testing until I reached my deductible. I paid for storage fees as well.
I asked this question and the answer I received was right on point. I understood the reasoning for eSET, and to me it just made since. I want nothing more than a healthy, successful pregnancy.
Newark
Dr. Kovalesky made my husband and I feel like we mattered. He was very blunt in his teachings, yet, recognized the how difficult of a diagnosis this was to receive.... He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility [Reproductive Associates of Delaware]. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time.... There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process
Dr. Kovalesky was extremely knowledgeable and very caring. He had very accurate "numbers" at the time of our IVF consult- being that, we got the exact amount eggs, embryos, and chances of conceiving as he predicted we would. He also has a quirky sense of humor which can be very helpful at times like this, especially after so much heartache throughout the other unsuccessful treatments.
Appreciate his honesty. He tells it like it is without being abrupt and insensitive. He has a strong sense of compassion all while being honest along the way.
When it came time for our IVF consult, he hit the nail on the head when predicting the number of (mature) eggs I'd most likely have, the number of embryos we'd most likely have, and gave a us good percentage of the likelihood of achieving a successful pregnancy. All his numbers were incredibly accurate, and we are now 17 weeks pregnant with our first child. I couldn't be more appreciative of his concern and care throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Donna Reynolds)
There were 3 IVF coordinators who all took the time to help answer all my questions throughout the process, along with working with my busy work schedule while making appointments.
Be prepared to smile. There are only friendly faces throughout the entire facility. I truly felt that every single person I came across (whether it was front desk staff, lab tech's, or even the medical assistants) was honestly rooting for us the entire time. They all showed amazing compassion and care throughout the treatments.
IVF with genetic testing: $16,500 (roughly) *not including medications which were about $3500-$5500
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Kovalevksy took the time to get to know me and my husband before any treatment. He was blunt but kind and always gave me more information when asked. He understood the financial burdens that come with infertility and always gave honest opinion on what steps he would take and why. We didn't have our embryos screened because he told us it was not a necessity for our particular case. We were vulnerable and would have gladly given the money if he had answered differently. He gave us his personal cell phone number in case of emergency and was always available by phone or portal.
The clinic [Repro Assoc of DE] is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it...The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call.
He was very present and available to answer questions. We had confidence in him as a doctor. He was one of the doctors who performed my laparoscopic surgery and he went above and beyond to make sure everything was done to the best of their abilities. My surgery was more complicated than had been expected but he took extra time to correct issues within my body (scarring from endometriosis caused organs to be very misplaced and he corrected all of them).
He is blunt. On the first visit he seemed intimidating and overly confident. He is very funny when appropriate and has great bedside manner.
We did three letrazole cycles for IUI. After the third he told me we would switch up the meds or move on to IVF. We had already done two medicated cycles without IUI and he was confident that IVF was our best bet. We used the mini stim protocol for IVF. Mainly due to my age at the time (28) and the fear that I would overtime on higher meds as I produced a lot of follicles during IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Wright)
My coordinator was an actual angel. Mari went so far above my expectations that I am at a loss for words. She was my rock and always responded to me within 20 minutes and got things going when needed. Rhonda was my main PA and she was such a source of comfort and knowledge. This woman laughed with me and cried with me. She held my hand when needed and was like a fairy godmother. I loved these two women more than I can say. On the flip side, I didn't like the attitude of the front desk woman on the second floor suite who had short, white hair. She was frustrating and mean and just unpleasant. Luckily I got to see Gina at the front desk the most and she was always sweet and accommodating.
The clinic is excellent. Their facilities are clean and their equipment is new. They have several offices in the area to accommodate your schedule. They are pricier than other clinics in the region but I felt the service they provided was well worth it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
It was a well oiled machine. You could go in between 6am and 12pm. I tended to be the first patient in the office due to my schedule. A lot of people would go to offices close to work to accommodate their schedules. I never waited more than 15 minutes, even on days that I showed up later (around 8). They let you do your blood work first if you aren't the first patient into a room which was nice. Rita (phlebotomist) was always friendly and efficient.
The billing office really went to bat for me. My insurance incorrectly told them (and me) that my IUIs and IVF would be covered 80/20 after the deductible. That was incorrect. We had no coverage. The billing office tried to fight it for me and actually filed a formal complaint citing the reference number of the call. My medicated IUIs were under 2k including meds and daily monitoring (blood work and transvaginal u/s). My mini stim cycle was 11k plus $4000 for meds. I was able to get some donated meds and only paid $3600. After my positive pregnancy test (and two more to confirm the HcG was doubling appropriately) I had to pay for three of my ultrasounds ($60) out of 12 ultrasounds. All other copays were included with the cost of IUI and IVF.
He will not transfer more than one embryo if you are under 34 unless there is very good reason to suspect it is the only way to be successful. As IVF can cause many complications and puts you in the high risk category he does not like to add to possible complications unless well warranted.

Treated 2006 - 2017
I had to start with surgery to remove cysts again, then we monitored my cycle with ultra sounds and blood work [with Dr. George Kovalevsky]. The first 3 times we tried just the trigger shot ( I was not to emotional) and intercourse and then finally we tried trigger shot and IUI!!! Success on the first try!!!...he was always available to answer any questions I had and before he would do a procedure, he would explain everything and make sure I was ready before starting.
RAD is a well maintained, trained, and experienced clinic. The whole process from making the consult apt to your 12wk ultrasound apt when they release you to your OB is a smooth transition. Each doctor has its own coordinators so they have a connection with every patient. When you call if you need billing department, or just to talk to a nurse they are there and willing to help with anything.
My experience with Dr. K was great, he explained everything in terms and ways that I could understand not just in medical terms. He was always down to earth and we could joke around and laugh at every visit.
Dr. K is a human being and he is there to help you, just relax and think of him as a friend.
Dr. K was great, he was always available to answer any questions I had and before he would do a procedure, he would explain everything and make sure I was ready before starting.
Well when I first started with him with my first husband, we had a lot of set backs, surgeries to remove cysts and then my divorce. Then with my second husband, I had to start with surgery to remove cysts again, then we monitored my cycle with ultra sounds and blood work. The first 3 times we tried just the trigger shot ( I was not to emotional) and intercourse and then finally we tried trigger shot and IUI!!! Success on the first try!!!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
The nursing staff at RAD is awesome, you can tell that they all care about helping individuals grow a family.
Well it was mostly all billed medically to my insurance, but I did have to pay about 1000$ for copays, certain treatments, and then about 1500$ for medication with the treatment for when I had my son.

Treated 2014 - 2017
Dr. Kovalevsky is truly knowledgeable and greatly experienced. He was always clear about what to expect and what may happen as well as numbers regarding possibilities related to certain complications, success rate and such. We felt very comfortable after talking with him about our concerns, plans and more. ... Dr. Kovalevsky always explained everything we asked very well and respected our thoughts and concerns.
Strengths: great team [RAD] and reliable doctors. Embryologists seem to be very skilled which is extremely important! Weaknesses: some of the staffs and nurses are not friendly. Overall, great fertility clinic and we do trust them very much! ... Most of the nurse practitioners are very good, but I felt unsure when I had unexperienced ones. There are several great NPs. Nurses are very nice and friendly in general. They are easy to communicate by the portal.
Dr. Kovalevsky is truly knowledgeable and greatly experienced. He was always clear about what to expect and what may happen as well as numbers regarding possibilities related to certain complications, success rate and such. We felt very comfortable after talking with him about our concerns, plans and more. When we relocated to several states away after the first transfer (with a live birth!) and needed to find a local reliable fertility doctor/clinic for monitoring before and after the second transfer, he was willing to provide a contact information of a doctor he could recommend. He also let us choose to do transfers with him or with the new local doctor. We chose to keep our frozen embryos with his office and fly back to RAD for two more transfers so far and we are now proud to be parents of two beautiful children!
Just ask any kind of questions without hesitation. He will answer to any of them with the most current information!
For frozen embryo transfer, lupron-esterase protocol: start lupron 1 month before transfer (20 unit), stop pill on day 7, decrease lupron to 10 unit and start esterase (dose gradually increased), add vaginal lupron on 10 days before transfer. For the last 5 days before transfer, additional doxycycline, medrol and progesterone (50 mg IM.) Progesterone and esterase to be continued until pregnancy test. Progesterone to be continued if become pregnant until week 13.
Strengths: great team and reliable doctors. Embryologists seem to be very skilled which is extremely important! Weaknesses: some of the staffs and nurses are not friendly. Overall, great fertility clinic and we do trust them very much!
Don't remember well but I believe we spent about $12500 including medications, but we added many additional options such as PGS testing and embryoscope.
At this clinic, they do basically only eSET to increase chance of pregnancy, as well as to decrease chance of complications during pregnancy.

Treated 2008 - 2013
He was very knowledgeable and upfront about what I could expect. He was compassionate during my losses and never rushed me to make decisions. ... I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Kovalevsky. ... Dr. K advocated single transfer and we agreed. ... We then moved to donor eggs with my then-husband’s sperm. 5 attempts and we were unsuccessful - 1 chemical and two miscarriages
They [RAD] are extremely organized. This place runs like a well oiled machine driven by compassionate and loving people. You will feel like family! They are EXPERTS and they won’t short cut anything. They are driven to succeed for you. I felt very supported. ... Tiffany Testa [nurse] is now a good friend. My journey became part of her life and she never let me lose hope.
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Kovalevsky. He was very knowledgeable and upfront about what I could expect. He was compassionate during my losses and never rushed me to make decisions.
Ask lots of questions, be your own best advocate. He will be a great leader on your journey!
He is compassionate, knowledgeable, and straightforward.
On my first cycle of treatment we attempted a stimulated IVF. On even the hightest if doses, I only produced 3 eggs. We tried an IUI which resulted in a MC at 8 weeks due to chromosome abnormalities. We then moved to donor eggs with my then-husband’s sperm. 5 attempts and we were unsuccessful - 1 chemical and two miscarriages. We moved to donor embryo which was successful with his partner Dr. F. We didn’t switch away from him on purpose it was just a scheduling thing. We loved Dr. K!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Tiffany Testa )
Tiffany Testa is now a good friend. My journey became part of her life and she never let me lose hope.
They are extremely organized. This place runs like a well oiled machine driven by compassionate and loving people. You will feel like family! They are EXPERTS and they won’t short cut anything. They are driven to succeed for you. I felt very supported.
Oh my! Well it isn’t cheap that’s for sure. But they tell you everything upfront. Mo surprises at all. I had great insurance and was able to stretch my coverage a long way. In the end,after all was done I think we spent about 60k but that was including 35k for the donor eggs alone and 6 years of treatments and surgeries and meds.
Dr. K advocated single transfer and we agreed.
Treated 2008 - 2012
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level.... I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be.... If you have questions ASK THEM! There is a reason for everything and if you don’t understand he will explain it.
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.... Rhonda is an amazing lady. I probably would not have made it through all of this without her. She was my rock.
He doesn’t say much but he tells you what you need to know and is able to answer any questions you may have. He is able to speak to you on your level. Not sure about everyone else but much of what is going on through all of this is foreign to me and he made it understandable. I never left the office unsure or unaware of what we were doing or what our next step would be. As frighten as I was about all of the treatments and whether this was going to work or not listening to his explanations put my mind at ease. Well as much ease as you can have when going through such an important emotional time in your life. I recommend him to anyone that will listen. I tell them my story and how happy I was that I found him and from that meeting I have my amazing son. I will be forever grateful. There are not enough words to describe how much this experience changed not only my life but my whole outlook on life itself. I had to grow up a lot good big through something like this. I never knew anyone who had dealt with infertility before so having a doctor that was able to help me on my level was exactly what I needed. I hope to see him again some day. Maybe we can give it another go and get my son the sibling he has been asking for.
The staff and doctors in this practice become family. They were there for me for any reason I needed every step of the way.
I don’t really remember the protocol used. My son is 7 now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Rhonda )
They have multiple offices that provide most of the services they offer. There are some things that I had to travel over an hour away for but I would do it again. There hours are really helpful for someone like me who also worked a full time job up until the day i delivered my son.
I did a trial with them where they were freezing the eggs then fertilizing them later. Because I was willing to try this type of procedure they offered a free traditional IVF if the trial failed. I had a chemical pregnancy with the trial so we moved forward with the IVF and got the results we prayed for. As for the medications... there were times I couldn’t afford certain ones and they offered to donate some to me from stock that the office has. I also donated what was left of my medication (unopened of course) after treatment for the next person that might need some help.
I remember him telling me the chances having multiples with single vs. multiple transfers and that helping us with the decision that we made.
Treated 2014 - 2015
The dr. [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very thorough with his explanation. I felt that he gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. He never pushed a particular treatment on me. He was very upfront and honest about my options and chances of getting pregnant with each option.... Dr. Kovalevsky was very honest and professional about my diagnosis. He was helpful and always explained the chances of each procedure. He was thorough and made sure I had the best chance at getting pregnant.
The clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE] was always positive and made me feel comfortable. They knew my situation and never made me feel like a number. They were flexible with my schedule and always able to accommodate. There were times where I ran out of medicine and they were able to help me. After hours, they returned my calls within a timely manner and answered my questions. Never, did I feel like I was bothering them.
He will give you options, he will not tell you what to do or what treatment to take.
The dr. was very thorough with his explanation. I felt that he gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. He never pushed a particular treatment on me. He was very upfront and honest about my options and chances of getting pregnant with each option.
They never made me feel like just another patient. They were kind and compassionate. They saw me as a person and I felt like I got very personalized care.
The clinic was always positive and made me feel comfortable. They knew my situation and never made me feel like a number. They were flexible with my schedule and always able to accommodate. There were times where I ran out of medicine and they were able to help me. After hours, they returned my calls within a timely manner and answered my questions. Never, did I feel like I was bothering them.
It was costly. I had to pay for the procedures and the medicine.
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I had one time that I was charged twice for a procedure. It was quickly fixed.
Treated 2012 - 2015
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very kind and respectful, calm speaking and took his time to explain everything without having to feel pressured... Being new to this process was very important to us to have somebody who would understand. Even though it was difficult for an RN to agree to do this it was very easy to deal with all the medical personnel and. doctor Kovaleski. He definitely made the process much better. He was very informative, kind, respectful, professional. Always explaining everything and we never felt like we were pressured in any shape way or form.
When working very productive associates in the New York office [of Reproductive Associates of DE] you will be working with a very knowledgeable team. The team there is very caring, responsible, and knowledgeable. Every appointment at fall out there we had was a very good experience and a great atmosphere at the same time. We would highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling with infertility and would like to start a family
You will be taken care of by a very good doctor, staff, and office
He was very kind and respectful, calm speaking and took his time to explain everything without having to feel pressured
I do remember using them manage them for my wife because she was a perfect candidate due to her health history and her current age. And at the end the cycle did work for her
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorry)
They were all very professional, knowledgeable and helpful
When working very productive associates in the New York office you will be working with a very knowledgeable team. The team there is very caring, responsible, and knowledgeable. Every appointment at fall out there we had was a very good experience and a great atmosphere at the same time. We would highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling with infertility and would like to start a family
My insurance company did not cover not there with the IVF but the follow up visits. So overall between the process, medication it cost us over $15,000
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Kovalevsky was amazing. From our consultation he went over every possible choice my husband and I had on our road to having kids. He calmed our fears and allowed us to make decisions we felt best with.... We took the time to go through every possible step before completing IVF, and while we are happy with our outcome, we also spent a lot of time “waiting.”. Dr. Kovalevsky let us know at our first consolation that IVF was a possibility and a better shot for us.
So happy that RAD only does single embryo transfers!... i have no complaints, I just wish they had early hours at a closer locations. i had to drive 2 hours at 4 am to make it before work. I loved their convenience of the portal and flexible scheduling. i also liked that blood work was done right at the office.... We did many tests to make sure I didn’t have any cysts, polups, or blocked tubes. My husband was tested for many things including varicose veins. We tried IUI and moved on to two rounds of IVF.
Reach out and ask for help soon. We took the time to go through every possible step before completing IVF, and while we are happy with our outcome, we also spent a lot of time “waiting.”. Dr. Kovalevsky let us know at our first consolation that IVF was a possibility and a better shot for us.
He was very polite and cautious of our feelings. He reminded me that I needed to relax and let him do his job!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Beth )
Extremely friendly and welcoming! They were just as excited for us as family and friends.
So happy that RAD only does single embryo transfers!
None
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Kovalevsky was an amazing communicator and always made sure that you understood every aspect of your treatments. He has great bedside manner and treated me very well. He is a very knowledgeable individual and always answered any questions that I may have thought where a "stupid question" and made sure I understood.... If I did not understand something that was being told to me, he would explain it in a way that I would be able to understand.
They [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] are one of the best clinics for fertility and all the staff are very welcoming. When I first walked into the door they welcomed me with open arms, when I was first very scared to even go talk to a doctor about my fertility issues.... Dr. Kovalevsky was an amazing communicator and always made sure that you understood every aspect of your treatments. He has great bedside manner and treated me very well. He is a very knowledgeable individual and always answered any questions that I may have thought where a "stupid question" and made sure I understood.
That he is an amazing doctor and ask any question, because no question is a "stupid question".
They were all very excellent
They are one of the best clinics for fertility and all the staff are very welcoming. When I first walked into the door they welcomed me with open arms, when I was first very scared to even go talk to a doctor about my fertility issues.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very nice to us and always tell us what is the best decision for us. We wish we would have listened to him from the beginning of the treatment.he explained us the whole process of the treatment very clearly and answered all my questions.... He is very patient and good listener. He always tries to be in same boat with the client and suggest us what is cheaper and better as we are paying from our own pocket.
Overall this clinic [Reproductive Associates of DE] is great. I wish I this clinic has little bit more extended hours. SUE was the best among all the person. This place is well organized and clean. nurse BAKY(hope I spelled right) is very friendly and very helpful. Only one problem with this clinic I have with the billing department, they overcharged me which I had to catch.!
He was very nice to us and always tell us what is the best decision for us. We wish we would have listened to him from the beginning of the treatment.he explained us the whole process of the treatment very clearly and answered all my questions.
Just do whatever he says
He is very patient and good listener. He always tries to be in same boat with the client and suggest us what is cheaper and better as we are paying from our own pocket. One more person I have to mention is miss sue. She is the best I ever had.
Overall this clinic is great. I wish I this clinic has little bit more extended hours. SUE was the best among all the person. This place is well organized and clean. nurse BAKY(hope I spelled right) is very friendly and very helpful. Only one problem with this clinic I have with the billing department, they overcharged me which I had to catch.!
Treated 2015
George Kovalevsky is a patient and trustworthy doctor. He took the time to explain all of the treatments and what he felt was best. He was easy to communicate with and offered advice on sperm clinics as well as printed information with all of the options as well.... This doctor explained every detail of what is to be expected and every step before and after treatment
It's [Reproductive Associates of DE] a friendly atmosphere and the Dr's are knowledgeable and compassionate. The ladies at the front desk were a little impatient but the dr.s were very helpful when recommending treatment. If you are a new patient I would recommend searching for specific questions that you want to ask because we all forget things and then remember when we leave the office.
Ask many questions.
They were helpful when we arrived.
It's a friendly atmosphere and the Dr's are knowledgeable and compassionate. The ladies at the front desk were a little impatient but the dr.s were very helpful when recommending treatment. If you are a new patient I would recommend searching for specific questions that you want to ask because we all forget things and then remember when we leave the office.
My insurance did not cover any of the costs.
The ladies at the front desk were helpful initially but at the end of the visit they had conflicting information.
Treated 2012 - 2017
Great communication and a very knowledgeable doctor [Dr. Kovalevsky]. He is very compassionate. Always made me feel at ease. I couldn’t be any happier with the treatments I have received from him. I never left any appointment without knowing exactly what to expect next ... I was told single embryo transfer was the only option. I would personally like the option to transfer two embryos
Well trained and knowledgeable staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware]. Very caring and compassionate. The offices are will organized and run like a well oiled machine. I like the convince of the multiple offices to meet everyone’s various needs ... I was told single embryo transfer was the only option. I would personally like the option to transfer two embryos ... [Nursing Staff] Very caring and compassionate team.
Great communication and a very knowledgeable doctor. He is very compassionate. Always made me feel at ease. I couldn’t be any happier with the treatments I have received from him. I never left any appointment without knowing exactly what to expect next
Ask any and all questions you have
Very caring and compassionate team.
Well trained and knowledgeable staff. Very caring and compassionate. The offices are will organized and run like a well oiled machine. I like the convince of the multiple offices to meet everyone’s various needs
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr Kovalesky was always thorough and calm. He explained everything in a way that both my wife and I understood, but also with compassion and understanding. He is an amazing physician who I would recommend to anyone looking for quality care.... Welcome to an amazing practice that will do everything in their power to help you achieve your pregnancy wish....The physicians at RAD treated me like I was part of a family. There wasn’t a question of mine that went unanswered. I felt like part of an amazing team.
Welcome to an amazing practice that will do everything in their power to help you achieve your pregnancy wish....The physicians at RAD treated me like I was part of a family. There wasn’t a question of mine that went unanswered. I felt like part of an amazing team.... Dr Kovalesky was always thorough and calm. He explained everything in a way that both my wife and I understood, but also with compassion and understanding. He is an amazing physician who I would recommend to anyone looking for quality care.
Treated 2015 - 2016
I would go to him [Dr. Kovalevsky] again. Very kind and patient...Used femara and an injection for each cycle. Also, used progesterone suppositories while waiting for blood work results to see if I was pregnant...He took his time. He’s compassionate. He went over risks and expectations. Findings were well explained to me and my family very well. He allowed to time to think of questions. Easily able to email him or staff.
No complaints, except long waits sometimes [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] . Everything is explained well and felt comfortable the whole time. Plan on havin time to wait at your visits. Care is good...Compassionate care. Explained procedures well...Used femara and an injection for each cycle. Also, used progesterone suppositories while waiting for blood work results to see if I was pregnant.
I would go to him again. Very kind and patient.
Compassionate care. Explained procedures well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Madi Esquillen)
Most well very welcoming and friendly.
No complaints, except long waits sometimes. Everything is explained well and felt comfortable the whole time. Plan on havin time to wait at your visits. Care is good. Ask questions. Keep your mind in the goal. It is emotionally and mentally draining at times.
All paid out of pocket. Can’t remember costs.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was and did exploratory surgery. Gave me hope. After surgery he transferred and moved to a different state so I had to get transfer with another doctor that failed . He was very hopeful but realistic at the same time... Surgery to remove fluid in uterus then frozen fet
[Reproductive Associates of DE-Wilmington is a] Busy clinic and not always see same doctor . Great experience however did not get pregnant . Would love to go back if I could . Very emotional process and they were all supportive . Just wish it would’ve worked... [The nursing staff was] Professional and compassionate
He was and did exploratory surgery. Gave me hope. After surgery he transferred and moved to a different state so I had to get transfer with another doctor that failed . He was very hopeful but realistic at the same time
Surgery to remove fluid in uterus then frozen fet
Professional and compassionate
Very expensive
Wilmington
Treated 2013 - 2018
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] was great taking his time to explain the whole process and answering any questions we had. He helped me through all my fears.... Since I was younger he started me out on low dose meds. They did not work as well as he would have liked. Instead of going through with the retrieval he stoped. Explaining to me the results would not be high enough and didn’t want me to spend money since we were paying out of pocket if he could get better result.
The financial coordinator [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] told me for 3 years my price was $3,500 after insurance. I kept asking her to double check and she reassured me that’s all it would be for years....The day we went to start treatment and sign paperwork it went to about $15,500 plus the cost of med on top of that. I was so upset knowing I couldn’t afford the treatment.
He was very compassionate towards my worries and helped ease all my fears. Took his time making sure we felt completly comfortable with all the decisions we had to make. Not only did he talk to me but made sure my husband was also comfortable with the procedures and expectations.
Don’t be afraid to ask him any questions that you have. He was very easy to talk to
He was great taking his time to explain the whole process and answering any questions we had. He helped me through all my fears.
Since I was younger he started me out on low dose meds. They did not work as well as he would have liked. Instead of going through with the retrieval he stoped. Explaining to me the results would not be high enough and didn’t want me to spend money since we were paying out of pocket if he could get better result. We did a second round of meds with great results. Did a frozen embryo transfer a few months later.
The nurses were all excellent and very passionate.
Make sure you receive your treatment plan and price of the procedure at the first visit. I had trouble with a coordinated telling me one price and it ended up being $12,000 more than I expected. I kept asking her to double check but she reassured me it was going to be paid for my insurance. IT WAS NOT
Out of pocket. Ouch
The financial coordinator told me for 3 years my price was $3,500 after insurance. I kept asking her to double check and she reassured me that’s all it would be for years. It took a while until we could move forward with the procedure due to radiation treatment. The day we went to start treatment and sign paperwork it went to about $15,500 plus the cost of med on top of that. I was so upset knowing I couldn’t afford the treatment. I wish the office would have noticed their mistake and allowed me to pay what I was told was my portion for years and helped me with the other fees. I had to make some family sacrifices to try and have a child of my own.
Treated 2013 - 2016
His [Dr. Kovalevsky] strengths were that he talked to us as a concerned couple. ... After the last failed IUI Dr. K instructed us to go to a Urologist. ... This resulted in us moving to IVF with ICSI. ICSI was highly suggested to ensure the best results. ... He answered all questions we had. He wanted to help us as best as he could. We thought he was great! ... Dr. Kovalevsky treated me like a human. He generally listened to my concerns and fears of IVF. He looks at your eyes and gently tells you the truth.
Strengths: kindness, compassion, promptness, willing to work around my schedule. Weakness: the ONLY issue we had was talking about payment (2014). We felt we were being bullied into signing up for whatever RAD was offering at the time. ... I absolutely LOVED the nurses at RAD! They were so compassionate. They felt our pain, our anguish, and our complete and udder joy!! They were thorough with any explanations that were needed. Very positive all the time! ...
I'm not sure if Dr. Kovelvsky had any weaknesses that I experienced. His strengths were that he talked to us as a concerned couple. He answered all questions we had. He wanted to help us as best as he could. We thought he was great!
Biggest Advice: Ask ALL questions you may have...any reservations. He'll answer them.
Dr. Kovalevsky treated me like a human. He generally listened to my concerns and fears of IVF. He looks at your eyes and gently tells you the truth. We had two great experiences with Dr. Kovalevsky which resulted in two wonderful beautiful children!
We tried IUI first. We did three cycles that failed. We tried these because we didn't know how bad my husband's sperm motility was. After the last failed IUI Dr. K instructed us to go to a Urologist. After that we met with Dr. K again, he went over the results of my husband's sperm counts. This resulted in us moving to IVF with ICSI. ICSI was highly suggested to ensure the best results.
Strengths: kindness, compassion, promptness, willing to work around my schedule. Weakness: the ONLY issue we had was talking about payment (2014). We felt we were being bullied into signing up for whatever RAD was offering at the time. We actually ended up switching insurance companies that did cover IVF. For a patient, before they even walk through the doors, they need to understand their health insurance. What other options they have BEFORE they start any treatments (which I'm sure I went over but can't remember).
My insurance covered everything. We had to pay the deductibles up front and co-pays every visit until I "graduated" from the clinic. In total from start of IUI to the end of the first IVF we spent about $6,000. The second frozen transer IVF we spent about $2,000
We were not interested in multiple embryos transferred. Dr. K was against it as well. Going over my chart, he didn't think it was necessary, he thought I would become pregnant easily without any issues. He was right both times!
Another issue we had was in 2013 when we became pregnant after our first IVF. I had my first HCG level blood draw. I did it at 7:30 am. Never received a phone call. I called around 3pm that day and was told someone would call me and never received another call until AFTER 5pm. The results were positive thankfully. But to wait all day for that one result. I'm sure it got lost in the shuffle. But the second time I got called very early in the morning with another positive result!
Treated 2013 - 2015
Dr. Kovalevsky was amazing. I am sensitive and while I feel like he could be direct, it was never done in a hurtful way. He gave us all the facts we needed to make an informed decision. In the beginning, he told us that IVF was our best chance, but we wanted to try less invasive procedures. He turned out to be right, IVF ended up working for us. He also recommended genetic screening of our embryos and the testing identified the one embryo that would most likely be successful. That embryo turned out to be our son.
I've had the best experience there [Reproductive Associates of DE] than any other doctor's office or hospital I've encountered. They hire the friendliest nurses, coordinators and receptionists. They are very caring and empathetic, which means the world when you're going through infertility. The only downside is that they are not cheap. Standard IVF cycle is $12,900. Goes up to $18,700 for IVF with PGS. Medication then runs $4,000-$7,000.
Go in with lots of questions, he will answer them all.
Dr. Kovalevsky treated us with kindness and empathy. He always took his time with us and answered all of our questions. When I was having a miscarriage, he took the time to call me and tell me about my blood work instead of having a nurse call me to tell me the bad news.
Ovulation Induction- Gonal F 200/2 times of day, HCG 10/2 times a day plus Doxycycline for 10 days Retrieved 17 eggs, procedure went well. Following Retrieval- Doxyclycline, Medrol (16 mg), Progesterone (50 mg.), Estrace (2mg). Continued Progesterone and Estrace until 12 weeks of pregnancy. My lining was not conducive for a fresh transfer, so we decided to to do a frozen and do the PGS testing as well. Frozen transfer- Estrace/Lupron Protocol The PGS testing showed that 3/4 embryos were abnormal and not compatible with life. We transferred the 1 genetically normal embryo and got pregnant! Our son is now 3 years old. Had a relatively uneventful pregnancy and he is healthy and intelligent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse)
The care coordinator, Dorri Purse was good at communicating with me. The rest of the nursing staff that I encountered (Rhonda Wright PA, Sue Carr MSN, CRNP) were excellent, down to the nurses that did my bloodwork- so gentle!
I would recommend this clinic to anyone. I've had the best experience there than any other doctor's office or hospital I've encountered. They hire the friendliest nurses, coordinators and receptionists. They are very caring and empathetic, which means the world when you're going through infertility. The only downside is that they are not cheap. Standard IVF cycle is $12,900. Goes up to $18,700 for IVF with PGS. Medication then runs $4,000-$7,000.
IVF with mini-PGS (testing of 4 embryos) $16,600. $800 Anesthesia $700 Embryoscope Copay for medications- Low dose HCG -$70, Ganirelix $105.88, Gonal- F $1410.86
He pushed a single embryo transfer and discussed all the risk of transferring multiple embryos. It helped change our mind from wanting to transfer 2 and instead just doing one.
Treated 2014
We were treated very well and felt completely comfortable with Dr. Kovalesky and his staff. His knowledge was remarkable and he was able to communicate exactly what the treatment plan looked like and why we were taking a certain plan of attack. Dr. Kovalesky made adjustments to medication and treated our specific case according to our needs and accepted our input. He gave us the statistics and treatment plans for a few options and helped us make a decision we all felt comfortable with.
RAD has become more than a clinic or doctor's office to us. I know my wife respects their staff and is treated well. They know what they're doing and they made us feel comfortable from day 1. Even if our results werent always the best, they made us feel confident in our decisions and supported us 100%... Amazing people. Very compassionate and rooted for us 100%. They always answered every one of our questions without hesitation and were able to explain some of the technical terms and procedures to us. Treated my wife like gold!
He is a little quarky but he is direct and informative. He has a plan and it worked for us.
Dr. Kov was very detailed in his explanations of why we were doing certain things and medicating in certain ways. Everything was customized to us and our needs.
Our first plan of attack was to have a DNC Surgery to optimize the uterus. We then medicated with chlomid and went for regular monitoring. There a few cycles that looked promising but not perfect. We made adjustments to the amount of chlomid we were using and eventually got it right. After our first child, the chlomid wasn't working as expected so we switched to Letrozol to try to get numbers where they needed to be. It was a few cycles of unlucky results when my wife and I decided to focus on ourselves and losing weight before trying again.
Treated 2014
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very caring. He knew what he was talking about and had a plan laid out to get us pregnant. He didn't ask me the same questions over and over again...so he read our file to update himself before speaking to me....I had to have surgery for blocked Fallopian tubes. I went through testing and two IUI's at a previous doctor. When I finally found this doctor he said I would have never gotten pregnant that way. So the other doctor wasted a bunch of my money and time when he knew it wasn't going to work! I went through IVF with donor sperm. 5 day transfer and then when that didn't work a frozen transfer that was a success.
When you go in for your consult [at RAD- Newark] everything is laid out for you. You have your schedule and pricing and know exactly what appointments need to be made and what will be happening next. Everything is very over whelming but they make it so easy for you. I have been to other clinics and expected the same care and have been sadly disappointed.... I wanted to use 2 embryos and had to sign a paper saying that was against his wishes. I understood why but my heart told me to use two. So we did....the first cycle didn't work and the second cycle I had one baby. I am glad I used 2 or I might not have a baby now. But they defiantly didn't want me to use two embryos.
He was very caring. He knew what he was talking about and had a plan laid out to get us pregnant. He didn't ask me the same questions over and over again...so he read our file to update himself before speaking to me.
Go to him first! (or any of the doctors in his office) Do not waste your time and money at the other clinics around!
All of the nurses were wonderful! When the first transfer didn't work I felt like it was all of their loss too. I remember thinking "this lady is going to cry with me. she really cares".
When you go in for your consult everything is laid out for you. You have your schedule and pricing and know exactly what appointments need to be made and what will be happening next. Everything is very over whelming but they make it so easy for you. I have been to other clinics and expected the same care and have been sadly disappointed.
They are in a great location. Everything is clean and updated. Everyone is nice and caring. I really can not think of a weakness. They are truly rock stars in the fertility world!
I think we paid for a package and it was $15,000 total. From start to finish and as many tries as needed until a live birth.