Harvard Vanguard

20 Wall Street
Burlington, MA 01803
781-221-2500

Treated 2015 - 2016
I would go to him [Dr. Kovalevsky] again. Very kind and patient...Used femara and an injection for each cycle. Also, used progesterone suppositories while waiting for blood work results to see if I was pregnant...He took his time. He’s compassionate. He went over risks and expectations. Findings were well explained to me and my family very well. He allowed to time to think of questions. Easily able to email him or staff.
No complaints, except long waits sometimes [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware] . Everything is explained well and felt comfortable the whole time. Plan on havin time to wait at your visits. Care is good...Compassionate care. Explained procedures well...Used femara and an injection for each cycle. Also, used progesterone suppositories while waiting for blood work results to see if I was pregnant.
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
I would go to him again. Very kind and patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Compassionate care. Explained procedures well.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Madi Esquillen)
Most well very welcoming and friendly.
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
No complaints, except long waits sometimes. Everything is explained well and felt comfortable the whole time. Plan on havin time to wait at your visits. Care is good. Ask questions. Keep your mind in the goal. It is emotionally and mentally draining at times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
All paid out of pocket. Can’t remember costs.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was and did exploratory surgery. Gave me hope. After surgery he transferred and moved to a different state so I had to get transfer with another doctor that failed . He was very hopeful but realistic at the same time... Surgery to remove fluid in uterus then frozen fet
[Reproductive Associates of DE-Wilmington is a] Busy clinic and not always see same doctor . Great experience however did not get pregnant . Would love to go back if I could . Very emotional process and they were all supportive . Just wish it would’ve worked... [The nursing staff was] Professional and compassionate
He was and did exploratory surgery. Gave me hope. After surgery he transferred and moved to a different state so I had to get transfer with another doctor that failed . He was very hopeful but realistic at the same time
Surgery to remove fluid in uterus then frozen fet
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Professional and compassionate
Very expensive
Wilmington
Dr. Kovelaskey was a very caring and well mannered doctor. He never made me feel hopeless or unworthy. This also was a downfall because I was very hopeful that my cycle would be successful and it failed. The one time I felt more like a number was when he moved out of state in the middle of my cycle, which I understood the reasoning however it was difficult having your doctor changed in the middle of an IVF cycle.... I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
The nursing staff [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.... there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing.
Dr. Kovalevsky was very caring and explained my infertility very well. Everytime I seen Dr. Kovalevsky I left the office on a positive note and a lot of hope. Unforuntantly, he left in the middle of my cycle to relocate to another state to be with family. I then had to switch to another doctor in the facility, which was very difficult.
I would advice them that if they did not understand or were not clear on something that is said to them to ask for him to explain it differently. Understanding infertility is hard and I had to ask him to repeat and explain things over many times.
Once it was thought that I had endometriosis I was scheduled for surgery to check to see if there was endometriosis, and to remove some cyst that were found during ultrasound. The surgery went very well, and they made me very comfortable (this was my first time ever having surgery). After surgery I was diagnosed with stage 3/4 endometriosis. At that time Dr. Kovalevsky informed us that our best option would be to do IVF. We started an IVF treatment with a medication protocol including various different bills and injections. I was monitored by ultrasound about every other day. It was determined that we would do a fresh transfer. About half way through the monitoring hr left the practice.
The nursing staff were very caring and gentle, however during my monitoring they did not provide much information on how things were progressing. I believe if I knew I was not responding to the medication like others responde I may have requested to cancel the cycle and start a new one the following month, rather then using up all my insurance benefits for a failed cycle.
When I first came to the clinic I was very hopeful. However, there was a lot of miscommunication between the doctors, care coordinators, nurses, and billing. Whenever I had a question I never knew who I was supposed to contact. My doctor gave me 2 options of 2 different medication protocols. This information was not received by the care coordinator for an unknown reason. When I attempted to explain the protocol I wanted there was a lot of confusion, and I gave up and took the protocol that they had in mind. This is frustrating because the cycle failed, and when I start a new cycle they will be using the other protocol that was offered. They believe I will respond better to this other medication protocol. After my failed cycle I also felt alone. I do not feel as if I was fully explained my next options and the reason my cycle failed. I finally requested an appointment and was explained my next steps.
I had insurance coverage when I started my IVF cycle. The insurance did not cover everything, and I maxed out my benefits. I had to take out a loan for 8,000 to cover the medication cost, as well as additional cost for IVF.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Dr. Kovalevsky would only do single embryo transfer.
What specific things went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
I was not provided adequate information about my failed cycle. I was also told I could do a research study, however I was disqualified. The information as to why I was disqualified was never explained to me. I requested and appointment where they apologized and stated that I was supposed to receive a phone call explaining this information.
Treated 2013 - 2018
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] was great taking his time to explain the whole process and answering any questions we had. He helped me through all my fears.... Since I was younger he started me out on low dose meds. They did not work as well as he would have liked. Instead of going through with the retrieval he stoped. Explaining to me the results would not be high enough and didn’t want me to spend money since we were paying out of pocket if he could get better result.
The financial coordinator [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] told me for 3 years my price was $3,500 after insurance. I kept asking her to double check and she reassured me that’s all it would be for years....The day we went to start treatment and sign paperwork it went to about $15,500 plus the cost of med on top of that. I was so upset knowing I couldn’t afford the treatment.
He was very compassionate towards my worries and helped ease all my fears. Took his time making sure we felt completly comfortable with all the decisions we had to make. Not only did he talk to me but made sure my husband was also comfortable with the procedures and expectations.
Don’t be afraid to ask him any questions that you have. He was very easy to talk to
He was great taking his time to explain the whole process and answering any questions we had. He helped me through all my fears.
Since I was younger he started me out on low dose meds. They did not work as well as he would have liked. Instead of going through with the retrieval he stoped. Explaining to me the results would not be high enough and didn’t want me to spend money since we were paying out of pocket if he could get better result. We did a second round of meds with great results. Did a frozen embryo transfer a few months later.
The nurses were all excellent and very passionate.
Make sure you receive your treatment plan and price of the procedure at the first visit. I had trouble with a coordinated telling me one price and it ended up being $12,000 more than I expected. I kept asking her to double check but she reassured me it was going to be paid for my insurance. IT WAS NOT
Out of pocket. Ouch
The financial coordinator told me for 3 years my price was $3,500 after insurance. I kept asking her to double check and she reassured me that’s all it would be for years. It took a while until we could move forward with the procedure due to radiation treatment. The day we went to start treatment and sign paperwork it went to about $15,500 plus the cost of med on top of that. I was so upset knowing I couldn’t afford the treatment. I wish the office would have noticed their mistake and allowed me to pay what I was told was my portion for years and helped me with the other fees. I had to make some family sacrifices to try and have a child of my own.
Treated 2013 - 2016
His [Dr. Kovalevsky] strengths were that he talked to us as a concerned couple. ... After the last failed IUI Dr. K instructed us to go to a Urologist. ... This resulted in us moving to IVF with ICSI. ICSI was highly suggested to ensure the best results. ... He answered all questions we had. He wanted to help us as best as he could. We thought he was great! ... Dr. Kovalevsky treated me like a human. He generally listened to my concerns and fears of IVF. He looks at your eyes and gently tells you the truth.
Strengths: kindness, compassion, promptness, willing to work around my schedule. Weakness: the ONLY issue we had was talking about payment (2014). We felt we were being bullied into signing up for whatever RAD was offering at the time. ... I absolutely LOVED the nurses at RAD! They were so compassionate. They felt our pain, our anguish, and our complete and udder joy!! They were thorough with any explanations that were needed. Very positive all the time! ...
I'm not sure if Dr. Kovelvsky had any weaknesses that I experienced. His strengths were that he talked to us as a concerned couple. He answered all questions we had. He wanted to help us as best as he could. We thought he was great!
Biggest Advice: Ask ALL questions you may have...any reservations. He'll answer them.
Dr. Kovalevsky treated me like a human. He generally listened to my concerns and fears of IVF. He looks at your eyes and gently tells you the truth. We had two great experiences with Dr. Kovalevsky which resulted in two wonderful beautiful children!
We tried IUI first. We did three cycles that failed. We tried these because we didn't know how bad my husband's sperm motility was. After the last failed IUI Dr. K instructed us to go to a Urologist. After that we met with Dr. K again, he went over the results of my husband's sperm counts. This resulted in us moving to IVF with ICSI. ICSI was highly suggested to ensure the best results.
Strengths: kindness, compassion, promptness, willing to work around my schedule. Weakness: the ONLY issue we had was talking about payment (2014). We felt we were being bullied into signing up for whatever RAD was offering at the time. We actually ended up switching insurance companies that did cover IVF. For a patient, before they even walk through the doors, they need to understand their health insurance. What other options they have BEFORE they start any treatments (which I'm sure I went over but can't remember).
My insurance covered everything. We had to pay the deductibles up front and co-pays every visit until I "graduated" from the clinic. In total from start of IUI to the end of the first IVF we spent about $6,000. The second frozen transer IVF we spent about $2,000
We were not interested in multiple embryos transferred. Dr. K was against it as well. Going over my chart, he didn't think it was necessary, he thought I would become pregnant easily without any issues. He was right both times!
Another issue we had was in 2013 when we became pregnant after our first IVF. I had my first HCG level blood draw. I did it at 7:30 am. Never received a phone call. I called around 3pm that day and was told someone would call me and never received another call until AFTER 5pm. The results were positive thankfully. But to wait all day for that one result. I'm sure it got lost in the shuffle. But the second time I got called very early in the morning with another positive result!
Treated 2013 - 2015
Dr. Kovalevsky was amazing. I am sensitive and while I feel like he could be direct, it was never done in a hurtful way. He gave us all the facts we needed to make an informed decision. In the beginning, he told us that IVF was our best chance, but we wanted to try less invasive procedures. He turned out to be right, IVF ended up working for us. He also recommended genetic screening of our embryos and the testing identified the one embryo that would most likely be successful. That embryo turned out to be our son.
I've had the best experience there [Reproductive Associates of DE] than any other doctor's office or hospital I've encountered. They hire the friendliest nurses, coordinators and receptionists. They are very caring and empathetic, which means the world when you're going through infertility. The only downside is that they are not cheap. Standard IVF cycle is $12,900. Goes up to $18,700 for IVF with PGS. Medication then runs $4,000-$7,000.
Go in with lots of questions, he will answer them all.
Dr. Kovalevsky treated us with kindness and empathy. He always took his time with us and answered all of our questions. When I was having a miscarriage, he took the time to call me and tell me about my blood work instead of having a nurse call me to tell me the bad news.
Ovulation Induction- Gonal F 200/2 times of day, HCG 10/2 times a day plus Doxycycline for 10 days Retrieved 17 eggs, procedure went well. Following Retrieval- Doxyclycline, Medrol (16 mg), Progesterone (50 mg.), Estrace (2mg). Continued Progesterone and Estrace until 12 weeks of pregnancy. My lining was not conducive for a fresh transfer, so we decided to to do a frozen and do the PGS testing as well. Frozen transfer- Estrace/Lupron Protocol The PGS testing showed that 3/4 embryos were abnormal and not compatible with life. We transferred the 1 genetically normal embryo and got pregnant! Our son is now 3 years old. Had a relatively uneventful pregnancy and he is healthy and intelligent.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorri Purse)
The care coordinator, Dorri Purse was good at communicating with me. The rest of the nursing staff that I encountered (Rhonda Wright PA, Sue Carr MSN, CRNP) were excellent, down to the nurses that did my bloodwork- so gentle!
I would recommend this clinic to anyone. I've had the best experience there than any other doctor's office or hospital I've encountered. They hire the friendliest nurses, coordinators and receptionists. They are very caring and empathetic, which means the world when you're going through infertility. The only downside is that they are not cheap. Standard IVF cycle is $12,900. Goes up to $18,700 for IVF with PGS. Medication then runs $4,000-$7,000.
IVF with mini-PGS (testing of 4 embryos) $16,600. $800 Anesthesia $700 Embryoscope Copay for medications- Low dose HCG -$70, Ganirelix $105.88, Gonal- F $1410.86
He pushed a single embryo transfer and discussed all the risk of transferring multiple embryos. It helped change our mind from wanting to transfer 2 and instead just doing one.
Treated 2014
He [Dr. George Kovalevsky] was very caring. He knew what he was talking about and had a plan laid out to get us pregnant. He didn't ask me the same questions over and over again...so he read our file to update himself before speaking to me....I had to have surgery for blocked Fallopian tubes. I went through testing and two IUI's at a previous doctor. When I finally found this doctor he said I would have never gotten pregnant that way. So the other doctor wasted a bunch of my money and time when he knew it wasn't going to work! I went through IVF with donor sperm. 5 day transfer and then when that didn't work a frozen transfer that was a success.
When you go in for your consult [at RAD- Newark] everything is laid out for you. You have your schedule and pricing and know exactly what appointments need to be made and what will be happening next. Everything is very over whelming but they make it so easy for you. I have been to other clinics and expected the same care and have been sadly disappointed.... I wanted to use 2 embryos and had to sign a paper saying that was against his wishes. I understood why but my heart told me to use two. So we did....the first cycle didn't work and the second cycle I had one baby. I am glad I used 2 or I might not have a baby now. But they defiantly didn't want me to use two embryos.
He was very caring. He knew what he was talking about and had a plan laid out to get us pregnant. He didn't ask me the same questions over and over again...so he read our file to update himself before speaking to me.
Go to him first! (or any of the doctors in his office) Do not waste your time and money at the other clinics around!
All of the nurses were wonderful! When the first transfer didn't work I felt like it was all of their loss too. I remember thinking "this lady is going to cry with me. she really cares".
When you go in for your consult everything is laid out for you. You have your schedule and pricing and know exactly what appointments need to be made and what will be happening next. Everything is very over whelming but they make it so easy for you. I have been to other clinics and expected the same care and have been sadly disappointed.
They are in a great location. Everything is clean and updated. Everyone is nice and caring. I really can not think of a weakness. They are truly rock stars in the fertility world!
I think we paid for a package and it was $15,000 total. From start to finish and as many tries as needed until a live birth.
Treated 2014
We were treated very well and felt completely comfortable with Dr. Kovalesky and his staff. His knowledge was remarkable and he was able to communicate exactly what the treatment plan looked like and why we were taking a certain plan of attack. Dr. Kovalesky made adjustments to medication and treated our specific case according to our needs and accepted our input. He gave us the statistics and treatment plans for a few options and helped us make a decision we all felt comfortable with.
RAD has become more than a clinic or doctor's office to us. I know my wife respects their staff and is treated well. They know what they're doing and they made us feel comfortable from day 1. Even if our results werent always the best, they made us feel confident in our decisions and supported us 100%... Amazing people. Very compassionate and rooted for us 100%. They always answered every one of our questions without hesitation and were able to explain some of the technical terms and procedures to us. Treated my wife like gold!
He is a little quarky but he is direct and informative. He has a plan and it worked for us.
Dr. Kov was very detailed in his explanations of why we were doing certain things and medicating in certain ways. Everything was customized to us and our needs.
Our first plan of attack was to have a DNC Surgery to optimize the uterus. We then medicated with chlomid and went for regular monitoring. There a few cycles that looked promising but not perfect. We made adjustments to the amount of chlomid we were using and eventually got it right. After our first child, the chlomid wasn't working as expected so we switched to Letrozol to try to get numbers where they needed to be. It was a few cycles of unlucky results when my wife and I decided to focus on ourselves and losing weight before trying again.
Treated 2017 - 2018
We have been trying to conceive for close to 7 years ... Everything is fine with me, he [Dr. Kovalevsky] found that my husband has very low Sperm count and motility and morphology. ... He referred my husband to a urologist ... From what I have seen so far he is a great doctor and I will stick with him. ... He is very professional and personable and he is also quite funny ... he will cover everything and if you need to ask a million questions
I’ve had no issues, it was a little confusing to find it at first but other then that the office [RAD] is nice the testing part is nice. Everyone who works there is helpful and sincere. I would just maybe tell a new patient to get there early Incase they have trouble finding which building it is in ... Just for testing to find out our fertility issues I would have to say close to $1,000 ...They [nursing staff] are all warm and friendly! Mari is so cute and bubbly! She really knows how to make someone feel better! Shes a rockstar
We are still in the process of finding out what our options are, so I have only met the doctor twice. From what I have seen so far he is a great doctor and I will stick with him. I hope soon enough my husbands issues are addressed and then we can figure out our next step with doctor kovalevsky
Listen to everything he says, he will cover everything and if you need to ask a million questions
He is very professional and personable and he is also quite funny
We have been trying to conceive for close to 7 years now so when we went to doctor kovalevsky He tested my husband and I throughly to find out what our fertility issue was. Everything is fine with me, he found that my husband has very low Sperm count and motility and morphology. He referred my husband to a urologist who is currently treating him with medications to get his hormones leveled. Once that happens then we are to go back to kovalevsky for another semen analysis to see if we can do IUI since We can not afford IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari esquillan)
They are all warm and friendly! Mari is so cute and bubbly! She really knows how to make someone feel better! Shes a rockstar
I’ve had no issues, it was a little confusing to find it at first but other then that the office is nice the testing part is nice. Everyone who works there is helpful and sincere. I would just maybe tell a new patient to get there early Incase they have trouble finding which building it is in
Treated 2017
George [Kovalevsky] was always there if we had any questions about the IVF process and well as his team of doctors and nurses. We had to do the full IVF process because my husband wasn’t making enough sperm to get pregnant on our own so this was the best process we could .... George was the best at what he does. He listened to us and never gave up. He wanted to help us to get pregnant and to try and welcome our miracle baby. I would definitely recommend anyone to him. I just wished he didn’t move away to another state
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Associates of Delaware- Dover] was the best through our whole process and we couldn’t thank them enough... The staff are always so kind and so well to communicate with. Anyone would love this team. They will help you achieve any goal that you wish to approve there. In my opinion they have no weaknesses in my eyes... With the whole IVF process we had to come out of pocket like$7,000. But all together around $30,000 for everything
To never give up on what you want. We tired for 6 years and George finally made our wish come true in 2018. Never ever give up
I felt like he was willing to help us and never gave up on us as well
I just remember that the process was very long but worth it in the end. I remember I had to do lots of blood work and always sticking myself with needles here and there. The needles are the worst part but it has to be done. George was always there if we had any questions about the IVF process and well as his team of doctors and nurses. We had to do the full IVF process because my husband wasn’t making enough sperm to get pregnant on our own so this was the best process we could do
The nursing staff was the best through our whole process and we couldn’t thank them enough
Treated 2013 - 2015
He [Dr. George Kovalevksy] was very informative and explained things multiple times until we understood the full process. If we had questions about cost he was able to get us in touch with the right nurse who would assist us. When I had a difficult time with the medication he tried alternative solutions and observed me very closely. It was a very difficult time for us and he made us feel comfortable. I worked full time and the office was very helpful with scheduling appointments around my availability.
They [RAD-Dover] were very flexible when I was working full time. Most appointments occurred on schedule. The nursing staff were also very informative and always helped me get in contact with the doctor as needed. Everyone seemed like they really went on the journey with you.... Ronda and Brittney were extremely helpful and kind.... My fresh IVF cycle cost almost $10,000 and my frozen transfer was about $4,000.
He was very informative and explained things multiple times until we understood the full process. If we had questions about cost he was able to get us in touch with the right nurse who would assist us. When I had a difficult time with the medication he tried alternative solutions and observed me very closely. It was a very difficult time for us and he made us feel comfortable. I worked full time and the office was very helpful with scheduling appointments around my availability.
Ask as many questions as you need to.
He was very understanding but honest and informative at the same time. It was clear he was passionate about his career and he was determined to make us feel comfortable.
I do not remember the exact treatment strategies. I remember I was not producing as many eggs so he increased my dose.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Ronda)
Ronda and Brittney were extremely helpful and kind.
They were very flexible when I was working full time. Most appointments occurred on schedule. The nursing staff were also very informative and always helped me get in contact with the doctor as needed. Everyone seemed like they really went on the journey with you.
My fresh IVF cycle cost almost $10,000 and my frozen transfer was about $4,000.
I do not. Both my transfers were single embryos.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Kovalesky explained every procedure and had a positive outlook with our situation. He would explain a plan a and a plan b. He took the time to go through the process and answer any questions we had. While we had our transfer he explained everything that was happening in detail and made us feel very comfortable.... I followed his directions as best as I could. The main instructions were for injections and medications.
Strengths- very friendly and thorough. All staff [RAD] greets with a smile and talks to you like a friend. Very clean and welcoming. Weakness- I was left in waiting room one day bc they forgot my appointment.... Just one minor thing. I was not told I couldn’t work out while I was going through the IVF. Process apparently when you are taking the meds for your eggs to grow, your ovaries can twist if you aren’t careful. I asked and a nurse was shocked I wasn’t informed and explained everything to me.
Trust
He was very personable.
Amazing!!
Strengths- very friendly and thorough. All staff greets with a smile and talks to you like a friend. Very clean and welcoming. Weakness- I was left in waiting room one day bc they forgot my appointment.
With insurance we paid a total of $8,000
MET there is a higher risk of twins which is a high risk pregnancy. Technology has gotten so good a SETis better for the mother and baby.
Newark
Dr. Kovalevsky made me feel very comfortable during my jorney, he showed compassion and respect... Dr Kovalevsky is Very compassionate, and respectful . He treated me as a human not as a number. Doctor Kovslevsky is very honest and understandable. He has a great work ethic, and works with professionalism.... First of all, I had blood tests done. Ultrasounds, salpingohysterography, hysteroscopy, laparoscopic procedures
The clinic [Reproductive Associates of Delaware] offer an welcomed environment. All the staff is great, Very punctual, friendly, helpful. Every staff member shows great communication skills. The quality and the levels of service are outstanding.... My coordinator was very friendly, compassionate, honest, caring, carefull.... Dr. Kovalevsky made me feel very comfortable during my jorney, he showed compassion and respect
Following every advice that the doctor gives you, be patient, understandable. Dedicate yourself 100 percent on the journey of having a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Madi)
My coordinator was very friendly, compassionate, honest, caring, carefull.
The clinic offer an welcomed environment. All the staff is great, Very punctual, friendly, helpful. Every staff member shows great communication skills. The quality and the levels of service are outstanding.
$2000

Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] is kind, informative, patient, and appropriately humorous. He put me and my husband at ease by answering every question we had. He prepared us to be “cautiously optimistic” as we embarked on this process. ... IVF for diminished ovarian reserve. ... He was very patient with our numerous questions and showed a lot of compassion. ... Ask every question you have; he’s listening. ... Yes, they [RAD] will only transfer one embryo, and we understand the reasons why.
We had anticipated more help dealing with insurance claims and were led to believe they [RAD] would intercede when necessary, but this did not happen. We had to be very proactive every step of the way to make sure our coverage was correct. They are wonderful at responding quickly. ... we needed more guidance navigating drug coverage. ... Yes, they will only transfer one embryo, and we understand the reasons why.
He is kind, informative, patient, and appropriately humorous. He put me and my husband at ease by answering every question we had. He prepared us to be “cautiously optimistic” as we embarked on this process.
Ask every question you have; he’s listening.
He was very patient with our numerous questions and showed a lot of compassion.
IVF for diminished ovarian reserve.
We had anticipated more help dealing with insurance claims and were led to believe they would intercede when necessary, but this did not happen. We had to be very proactive every step of the way to make sure our coverage was correct. They are wonderful at responding quickly.
Yes, they will only transfer one embryo, and we understand the reasons why.
Again, we were just told two different things about how our insurance coverage would work and we needed more guidance navigating drug coverage. We were initially told the office would handle all of this. My husband took 2 days off from work just to deal with this.
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Kovalevsky] was very knowledgeable about our situation. He went through all of our tests and explained everything to us.... Only met with the doctor twice and went over all our options. He was very nice and knowledgeable. He also went over prices for some of our options and that is where we ran into financial problems. We asked to take our treatment slow so we can pay as we go...Most of our tests were done for my wife. I was asked for sperm and blood samples then put on medication
Very nice clean facility, the staff is great and the doctor is very knowledgeable. I’m still in the fertility process and making more appointments. You will be pleased with your decisions if you choose reproductive associates of Delaware....Only met with the doctor [Dr. Kovalevsky] twice and went over all our options. He was very nice and knowledgeable. He also went over prices for some of our options and that is where we ran into financial problems.
He’s very good, respectful and knows the field inside and out.
He was very knowledgeable about our situation. He went through all of our tests and explained everything to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Mari sequillin)
She’s great, very knowledgeable and helpful, looking forward to our next appointment
My wife and I started treatment August 2017 so it has only been 8 months. With both my wife’s and I expenses it comes out to over $2000
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Kovalesky gave me answers no one else could . I’ve never been able to conceive and between my husband and I he gave us that since of hope we truly needed . He is caring , educated , intuitive, he is just the doctor every couple or person needs be cause he understands our struggle . You can really since he cares and I feel that is the most important quality. It’s not just a paycheck for him . They will work with you .
They [the staff at RAD-Dover] care . They take it the extra mile to figure out what’s going on and help you . My advice would be to tell them everything they are not there to judge . They will work with you financially as well so do not let the money dictate you moving forward... It would cost 14,000 to have my eggs frozen and my husbands sperm frozen then implanted into me... I have eggs but they are not dropping. Our treatment plan was to take my eggs and do ivf with the little bit of sperm count my husband has left . He is not producing as much as he should for his age .
Tell him everything. The more he knows the better he can help you .
He was very nice. He had all the answers I needed . I have been shaving money to do this since 2017
Careing ,
They care . They take it the extra mile to figure out what’s going on and help you . My advice would be to tell them everything they are not there to judge . They will work with you financially as well so do not let the money dictate you moving forward
I do not
Treated 2009 - 2016
Dr K [George Kovalevsky] explained everything to me walked me threw everything and was very supportive and understanding threw the whole process... He is an amazing doctor. He explained everything to me walked me threw the whole process. And when the first frozen transfer I did didnt take he was very supportive and compassionate towards that difficult time.... Birth control active pills to prevent a menstrual cycle and sync to their schedule Lupron to stop ovulation Folistem to encourage multiple eggss Hcg trigger shot to mature the eggs Progesterone to thicken lining and support pregnancy
They [the staff members at Reproductive Associates of DE- Newark] are amazing great communication skills. Supportive and compassionate to all their patients. They were amazing with my daughter when she would come to my appointments. They would explain things to her that she could understand... Birth control active pills to prevent a menstrual cycle and sync to their schedule Lupron to stop ovulation Folistem to encourage multiple eggss Hcg trigger shot to mature the eggs Progesterone to thicken lining and support pregnancy
Do everything he says to do and your cycle will go smoothly.
Dr K explained everything to me walked me threw everything and was very supportive and understanding threw the whole process
They were all amazing and supportive
They are amazing great communication skills. Supportive and compassionate to all their patients. They were amazing with my daughter when she would come to my appointments. They would explain things to her that she could understand
Meds $1300 Copays are $30 for each visit Thawing embry #1 $300 Thawing embryo 2 $400 Yearly storage $500 I dont remember the cost for all the other procedures
I understood why it was important to inly transfer one embryo
Treated 2014 - 2018
My doctor [Dr. Kovalevsky] was very honest and clear on all treatments and protocols. ... I could reach out to him and the staff at RAD when I had questions or concerns. They became a second family to me. ... He is a kind and very recommended doctor. ... From the first visit their goal are to make your wish of becoming a parent come true ...
RAD will become a 2nd family to you. They are a well respected company and are there with you every step of the way. From the first visit their goal are to make your wish of becoming a parent come true ... The staff were very knowledgeable and willing to help us every step of the way. Whether it was a question or a shoulder to cry on. They were available when we needed them.
My doctor was very honest and clear on all treatments and protocols. The staff were very knowledgeable and willing to help us every step of the way. Whether it was a question or a shoulder to cry on. They were available when we needed them.
He is a kind and very recommended doctor.
Cost was for transfers, retrievals and medicines