George Patounakis

Lake Mary
400 Colonial Center Pkw
Lakey Mary, FL 32746
407-804-9670
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend George Patounakis to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA Florida to a friend?
Dr Patounakis is very involved and hands on. He is one of the best phlebotomist I’ve met, too! ... He’s very present in his clinic and I have very high hopes dealing with him. ... He ordered me to take extra folic acid with a prenatal pill for st least three months before we started, which I have been doing. He then did two separate Sperm analysis of my husbands sperm, and a few tests on me. The deciding factor was the findings of the sperm analysis which made us change course.
They [RMA Florida] have a small, welcoming stuff. They’re bright and helpful. Their office is very clean and neat. They’re all very knowledgeable and helpful. The location is very convenient for me. It is a very relaxed environment. ... They are a small staff and it’s never crowded. ... Rachel is an amazing nurse [at RMA Florida]. She is so attentive. She is readily available. She explains processes well. She is compassionate. She is understanding. She is organized. She makes you feel very comfortable and as though you have known her forever. She helped make some of the tests like the HSG go very well. She is extremely supportive and kind.
How was your experience with George Patounakis at RMA Florida?
He is a very straight forward person. He is to the point but not callous. He works with facts and has a great capacity to deduce things and make fast decisions. He is confident and sure of what he is telling you. He is humble yet has a no nonsense attitude. He is a gentle person and has a warm demeanor about him. He shows compassion. He is gentle as well. He has a sharp mind and conveys that when he talks to you. He is honest. He prepares you for every aspect of things up front. He doesn’t surprise me with anything. He prepares me very well for tests and procedures so I know what to expect. He is a great phlebotomist! He drew my blood and i did not even feel it!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Patounakis at RMA Florida?
Understand that he is very straight forward. He has a sense of humor but his work and facts are very important to him. He takes the process seriously and will tell you if you do not follow the prescribed steps he will not work with you. His expectations are set and must be met for him to ensure his best results. He is not one to take chances on his end with your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Patounakis at RMA Florida?
This is a rather new office. I had finally been able to visit. They are a small staff and it’s never crowded. The nurse always addresses me by name. They’re very gentle. I never feel like they forget who I am or what we discussed. I have not had to repeat myself. They have great humor. Dr Patounakis is very involved and hands on. He is one of the best phlebotomist I’ve met, too! I can tell he takes pride in his work and he’s not just a figure-head. He’s very present in his clinic and I have very high hopes dealing with him.
Describe the protocols George Patounakis used in your cycles at RMA Florida and their degree of success.
He wanted to do IUI because my husbands sperm analysis from another doctor had some findings. He ordered me to take extra folic acid with a prenatal pill for st least three months before we started, which I have been doing. He then did two separate Sperm analysis of my husbands sperm, and a few tests on me. The deciding factor was the findings of the sperm analysis which made us change course. He told us we have to do IVF because there is very low likelihood of us getting pregnant. He has laid out the plan and made it very clear why we have not been able to get pregnant since our loss in 2015. He doesn’t give false hopes and he lets me know that nothing is guaranteed. No empty promises come from him so far.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA Florida. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Rachel is an amazing nurse. She is so attentive. She is readily available. She explains processes well. She is compassionate. She is understanding. She is organized. She makes you feel very comfortable and as though you have known her forever. She helped make some of the tests like the HSG go very well. She is extremely supportive and kind.
Describe your experience with RMA Florida.
The clinic is rather new. They have a small, welcoming stuff. They’re bright and helpful. Their office is very clean and neat. They’re all very knowledgeable and helpful. The location is very convenient for me. It is a very relaxed environment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Patounakis at RMA Florida.
From what I understand IVF cost about $10.000, genetic testing was $350, the medications run about $6,000, and it cost extra to test embryos.
Describe George Patounakis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA Florida.
He would prefer to do a single embryo because his goal is to get me pregnant with a healthy baby. He explained that múltiples come with higher risk.
George Patounakis
RMA Florida
Lake Mary

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Patounakis at RMA Florida.