6.7

2950 College Drive
Vineland, NJ 08360
856-794-8080

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Taliadouros was personable, but that is about it. I went to his office after having recurrent pregnancy loss, and his only diagnosis was that I had insulin resistance, take metformin, and to go see a nutritionist. I left almost every appointment not knowing why I was there, confused, and feeling like I was in a fertility "black hole."..when he started talking about my "treatment" he never knew what was going on. He acted as if I was just coming for the first time, and he forgot to look at my file. That made me feel like I really didn't matter.
I was recommended to talk to the nutritionist at the [Delaware Valley Institute] practice...I never received a call about any of my test results...The office staff and ultrasound techs were so kind. It was nice to know who would be treating you on any particular day. Also, someone always called me back if I had to leave a message. The only downside to the office is that they were open strange hours, only Monday, Wednesday, Friday. This could be challenging if you needed cycle monitoring.
How was your experience with George S. Taliadouros at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics?
Dr. Taliadouros was personable, but that is about it. I went to his office after having recurrent pregnancy loss, and his only diagnosis was that I had insulin resistance, take metformin, and to go see a nutritionist. I left almost every appointment not knowing why I was there, confused, and feeling like I was in a fertility "black hole." It took me asking very specific questions to finally get any information. I also had other health problems that could have very well contributed to my miscarriages, but he never tested any of those hormone levels. Two visits he almost ordered tests that I had already gotten, which made me feel like he never read my file. I ended up leaving to get a second opinion, and within three days I have already had more tests and workups done than 5 months at Dr. Taliadouros's office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George S. Taliadouros at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics?
I would say it would be best to go to another practice unless you think you might have some insulin issue to deal with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George S. Taliadouros at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics?
The doctor was overall nice and friendly during my visits, but when he started talking about my "treatment" he never knew what was going on. He acted as if I was just coming for the first time, and he forgot to look at my file. That made me feel like I really didn't matter.
Describe the protocols George S. Taliadouros used in your cycles at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics and their degree of success.
Dr. Taliadouros said I had insulin resistance and bad egg quality, so he prescribed me to take Metformin. He also said I had PCO (not PCOS).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics. (Assigned nurse: Karla Taliadouros)
I was recommended to talk to the nutritionist at the practice, so I had a meeting. By the end of the meeting, I was told I was: overweight, I should be eating a maximum of 1200 calories per day, and my exercises really didn't amount to anything so do not adjust the calorie intake. Additionally, when asked if there was room in the new "diet" for cheats, the response was "You can cheat, but since this is nutritional therapy, do you want a baby or not?" It was one of the most devastating conversations I have had in my infertility journey thus far.
Describe your experience with Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George S. Taliadouros at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics.
I paid about $600 for my treatment, but my treatment consisted of normal monitoring, ultrasounds, and bloodwork.
Describe George S. Taliadouros's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics.
What specific things went wrong at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics.
I never received a call about any of my test results. The only way I knew whether something was normal was if I asked specifically about the test. The only way I knew if it was normal was if the next appointment (which could have been a week or two later) I asked about the tests from the previous appointment. I felt like I was in the dark about my treatment most of the time I was there.
Marlton

After numerous testing and finally sitting down with him [Dr. Taliadouros] he prescribed me metformin to maintain my weight and sent me on to his nutritionist...I was also led to believe that I had Insulin resistant PCOS based on a test that most R.Es dont use anymore... The doctor will convince people that they need a nutrition program...I never had a weight problem and my numbers were not significant enough to diagnose me with insulin resistance. Then he proceeds to tell me that he thinks it is MY problem that I have PCOS because he assumes that I stress since "most women do" and that I am the one with the issue, and my husband is perfect. That is not something that you tell to a newly diagnosed female dealing with infertility. His diagnosis was WAY off based on the consultations that I had with other reproductive endocrinologists.
After numerous tests I was able to see Dr. T[aliadouros] and was told that I had insulin resistant PCOS and that I needed to maintain my weight. I never had a weight problem and my numbers were not significant enough to diagnose me with insulin resistance. Then he proceeds to tell me that he thinks it is MY problem that I have PCOS because he assumes that I stress since "most women do" and that I am the one with the issue, and my husband is perfect. That is not something that you tell to a newly diagnosed female dealing with infertility. His diagnosis was WAY off based on the consultations that I had with other reproductive endocrinologists.
After numerous tests I was able to see Dr. T and was told that I had insulin resistant PCOS and that I needed to maintain my weight. I never had a weight problem and my numbers were not significant enough to diagnose me with insulin resistance. Then he proceeds to tell me that he thinks it is MY problem that I have PCOS because he assumes that I stress since "most women do" and that I am the one with the issue, and my husband is perfect. That is not something that you tell to a newly diagnosed female dealing with infertility. His diagnosis was WAY off based on the consultations that I had with other reproductive endocrinologists.
Don't do it. Don't waste your time going to this facility. They will try and convince you that you need Metformin and you'd need to join their nutrition program.
I was mislead and misdiagnosed with Insulin resistant PCOS just so I can put more money in their pockets to be a part of their nutrition program that they offer.
After numerous testing and finally sitting down with him he prescribed me metformin to maintain my weight and sent me on to his nutritionist.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics.
Not very informative with questions/concerns
The clinic as a whole is not worth the time, or money. The doctor will convince people that they need a nutrition program. The nurses aren't that informative and the ultrasound tech counted about 3 times the amount of cysts in my ovaries that I actually had.
After paying my expected co-pays. I am not being billed for more money. This place is a gimmick.
I was misdiagnosed and led to believe that I am the ONE that is causing my husband and I not to be able to have a child because my husband is PERFECT but I am the ONE with an ISSUE. I was also led to believe that I had Insulin resistant PCOS based on a test that most R.Es dont use anymore.
Marlton

I felt like there was no clear routine laid out for you. It felt like we were just another number walking through the door... He [Dr. Taliadouros] was very hard to understand. He definitely knew what he was talking about and very intelligent but sometimes the language barrier made it hard. He tested you on your knowledge about infertility. At one point I hardly understood what he was saying and it is a lot of information at once. He tested me on an answer and I didn’t know. I just felt not so smart there.
I loved the nursing staff [Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics]. Maria who is the IVF coordinator was a dream. Beyond sweet and patient. Rebecc the nurse practitioner was amazing as well.... It’s a beautiful place. The strengths would be that they’re organized. Very organized. Weaknesses I think they need to have a well written timeline/expectations to new clients. It’s very scary process and to not know your next step is overwhelming. Thank you
He was very hard to understand. He definitely knew what he was talking about and very intelligent but sometimes the language barrier made it hard. He tested you on your knowledge about infertility. At one point I hardly understood what he was saying and it is a lot of information at once. He tested me on an answer and I didn’t know. I just felt not so smart there.
Be patient.
I felt like there was no clear routine laid out for you. It felt like we were just another number walking through the door when in actuality we were about to go through something we knew NOTHING about and spend a lot of money doing it.
We went into this and found out we were not conceiving due to male factor. We went to a urologist and to our surprise we found out my husband has testicular cancer. This put our fertility treatment timeline on hold because now we had to deal with a whole other factor. We did surgery to remove, oncology appointments and follow ups. Thank God we didn’t have to do radiation. He’s cancer free now! So he kept doing samples and his numbers have been all over the place. He has vericocele surgery on the other testicle. We proceeded with IVF with ICSI as advised. I was supposed to take a teaching on how to give injections and that was never set up so I felt nervous going into it. The plan and timeline was not clearly related to us. We were a day 3 transfer which I heard bad things about. All our other eggs arrested. Dr T even said “I don’t usually do 2 embryo transfers but I will today” looking back I should have seen that as a sign.
I loved the nursing staff. Maria who is the IVF coordinator was a dream. Beyond sweet and patient. Rebecc the nurse practitioner was amazing as well.
We were 100% out of pocket. My husband and I myself do not have a benefit an our employers will not be getting it. This is depressing because we both work 40 hours/week and can’t get a fertility benefit. Out of pocket total was $14,000. For something that failed and didn’t result in a child.
He said he doesn’t do multiple usually but would for us because we were day 3 transfers. I wish it could have been explained that the others arrested and the likelihood of these being successful alwere low and to save us spending more money out of our pockets to do the transfer.