Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology

Medical SchoolKansas City U.
170 N. Eagle Creek Dr
Lexington, KY 40509
859-277–5736
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend George Veloudis to a friend?
6.4

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology to a friend?
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I did three IUI's [with Dr. George Veloudis], but that was before finding out I had Tubal disease. If I had known that beforehand, I wouldn't have done the IUI's...He always takes his time with answering any of my questions and is very kind. I also feel like he is respectful about the whole subject of infertility, knowing it is a hard thing to go through...I have been informed of my options and Dr. Veloudis has always supported whichever option my husband and I have chosen...
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
I was very hesitant on which doctor to see when I was first looking around for a fertility specialist. I am glad I ended up where I did. I feel like the staff are all rooting for me to have success. I have been informed of my options and Dr. Veloudis has always supported whichever option my husband and I have chosen. I am not finished with my treatment, but I feel confident he will help it all work out.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
Always ask to see him for appointments if you are specifically wanting to see him. They some times will place you with the PA, Amy, if he is busy that day or out of office. Amy is very good, but for infertility issues, she does not always have the answers like Dr. Veloudis has. Go in there with low expectations on your results because I felt like nothing was wrong with me and ended up finding I had a lot going on and was shocked.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology?
Describe the protocols George Veloudis used in your cycles at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology and their degree of success.
I did three IUI's, but that was before finding out I had Tubal disease. If I had known that beforehand, I wouldn't have done the IUI's, but it's just something that no one knew until I had surgery. I was prescribed 50mg. Clomid for two iui cycles and 100mg. Clomid for one. I also used an Ovidrel trigger shot the night before for all three iui's. I had a vaginal ultrasound around CD10-12. I had an HSG test during the months I did IUI. I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C , all preformed on the same day, as well as a dye test to check tubes.
They are all really nice and very personable.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.
The office staff is terrible about getting back to you. If you ask them to call you back with an answer about something, most of the time that doesn't happen. I would be consistent with calling them back to get your answers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.
It is expensive but I know all Infertility procedures are expensive if insurance doesn't cover anything, no matter the clinic.
Describe George Veloudis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.
He likes to put two embryos in during the transfer. I have not done IVF with him yet though.
Lexington

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with George Veloudis at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Dr. Veloudis] pushed IVF like it was the only way to get pregnant. My insurance paid for IUI but they said we should do IVF. I was told my tubes were both blocked and getting a second test was pointless bc it was 100% correct. I did an HSG with another Dr and BOTH tubes were completely open. Always get a second opinion. I felt the plan was IVF all along...My husband also should have been told to get another seen analyst since the first came back poorly. We got a second test with another Dr and again, his results were fine. Like my fallopian tubes at the second test.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
My biggest issue was how much they pushed IVF. Also how they never wanted second testing. My husband also should have been told to get another seen analyst since the first came back poorly. We got a second test with another Dr and again, his results were fine. Like my fallopian tubes at the second test.
Get a second opinion if you do tests that come back in a way that would suggest you can't naturally have children. He is a great Dr other than that and the fact he goes straight to IVF as the answer.
They pushed IVF like it was the only way to get pregnant. My insurance paid for IUI but they said we should do IVF. I was told my tubes were both blocked and getting a second test was pointless bc it was 100% correct. I did an HSG with another Dr and BOTH tubes were completely open. Always get a second opinion. I felt the plan was IVF all along.
Fertility drugs only then recommended IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Marla)
Staff was mostly young and didn't seem to know much. Nursing staff was okay. The office staff (coordinators) seemed to push IVF the most.
Describe your experience with Kentucky Obstetrics & Gynecology.
They are quick to want to do IVF without trying other methods. The PA is nice and Dr Veloudis obviously knows his stuff but wants to avoid second opinions for some reason. If I had listened to him we would have stopped trying to have a baby.
Reasonable until they revommended IVF then said they wouldn't use insurance even if certain things would normally be covered. I thought that was odd and didn't seem legal.

2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I feel like Dr. Veloudis felt like I should know more than what I did. He didn't explain in depth, and often assumed I knew test results that I hadn't been told.
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The PA is wonderful. Dr. Veloudis had a very brisk bedside manner and sometimes I felt a bit rushed and as if things were left unexplained. Dr. Veloudis is a great doctor though.
Do research to ask questions.
Always kind and patient.