Nurse available by email
ResidencyU. of of Pennsylvania
FellowshipU. of of Pennsylvania
300 Community Dr.
Manhasset, NY 11030
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gerald Scholl to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%0.8

2.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) to a friend?
2017 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
... he [Dr. Scholl] is very traditional and is not willing to customize individual treatment plans for my body. I asked him about less aggressive ivf and he completely ruled it out and said he believes its a waste of time and that the traditional ivf treatment would be more beneficial. I just do not believe in the one size fits all treatment model. My treatment needs to be individualized to my needs. I have suffered a miscarriage at 20 weeks( pre term labor) and at 6( heterotopic miscarriage-blighted ovum and an ectopic pregnancy) leading to the loss of my left fallopian tube.
I wish they [Northwell Health] acted as though they knew why you were coming to receive services. We as patients are putting our trust or lives our life savings into the hands of these providers. The least you would expect to compassion. ... I felt more like a number at times when i I would have my visits. Majority were with the NP snd rarely saw provider. I felt that my treatment was not tailored to my lab results.it was more of a one size fits all model.
2017 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
With age comes knowledge which he has but he is very traditional and is not willing to customize individual treatment plans for my body. I asked him about less aggressive ivf and he completely ruled it out and said he believes its a waste of time and that the traditional ivf treatment would be more beneficial. I just do not believe in the one size fits all treatment model. My treatment needs to be individualized to my needs. I have suffered a miscarriage at 20 weeks( pre term labor) and at 6( heterotopic miscarriage-blighted ovum and an ectopic pregnancy) leading to the loss of my left fallopian tube.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Be prepared with questions and provide input in your treatment plan
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the protocols Gerald Scholl used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of clomid. 1st was with clomid 5 days and iui with insemination, 2nd and 3rd were clomid with intercourse with partner. 3rd resulted with twin pregnancies but miscarried at 6 weeks
Busy and never really had time to speak about treatment plan. Everything seemed rushed
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Large pool of providers to select from however you feel more like a number than a person. I wish they acted as though they knew why you were coming to receive services. We as patients are putting our trust or lives our life savings into the hands of these providers. The least you would expect to compassion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
$40 copayment every vist. Sometimes 3 times a week appointments. IUI cost about 6k but insurance covered. My ivf i would have to pay 20% of cost
Describe Gerald Scholl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
I would select single embryo transfer due my history of cervical of incompetence.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Had to keep calling about my lab results. Didn't catch my ectopic pregnancy earlier with played a role in my losing afallopian tube.
Manhasset

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gerald Scholl at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Scholl] was awful. Terrible bedside manner. Refused to listen to you. Would always ‘sigh’ when you had a question. Had no faith. Very textbook. Would never want to hear about other things I read regarding DOR. Had no interest in adjusting meds or doses. Just plain awful... same meds and doses...He never wanted to answer questions. He refused to change protocols. He did same protocol for everyone despite their diagnosis. On first meeting he already said I should go straight to donor egg.
About $25,000 The cycle itself is $17500 and plus the cost of meds [at Northwell Health]...Strength — great monitoring hours Weakness — hospital run. Awful doctors and protocols. They treat everyone the same. Literally just a number. Sometimes they didn’t even remember what meds you were on...Kathy [nurse] was amazing. The other nurses I didn’t really know... didn’t have any options since I didn’t have many embryos
European, Latino
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
He was awful. Terrible bedside manner. Refused to listen to you. Would always ‘sigh’ when you had a question. Had no faith. Very textbook. Would never want to hear about other things I read regarding DOR. Had no interest in adjusting meds or doses. Just plain awful.
Run fast. He doesn’t care about you as an infertile woman. You’re just another number
Cycle 1- clomid gonal f 300 and menopur 4 vials — concerted to iui Cycle 2 - same meds, but with Estrogen priming. 3 follicles. One blast pgs abnormal Cycle 3 — same meds and doses, estrogen priming protocol, 4 follicles, one fertilized. 3 day FET — BFN
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Kathy was amazing. The other nurses I didn’t really know.
About $25,000 The cycle itself is $17500 and plus the cost of meds
I didn’t have any options since I didn’t have many embryos