Good

Modesto, CA 95350
1700 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
415-673-9199

Dr. Ekpo was very thoughtful, considerate and supportive through my IVF procedures. She was very hands on with me. I would encourage others to work with her even though my two egg retrievals were unsuccessful.... Despite the unfavorable results of my egg retrievals, she really tried to be accessible for any questions or concerns I had. She really does care about her patients despite the outcome.... Dr. Ekpo was comfortable with transferring up to 2 to 3 embryos because of my age.
Laurel Fertility is a warm practice and everyone was very nice and welcoming. I think if there was something I’d change in my experience, is to set realistic expectations.... I just wish that someone told me that if might not work the first or second time around, that IVF sometimes take more than once or twice until it works.... [Monitoring Appointments] It was an efficient, well-oiled operation.... I was lucky that majority of the cost was covered by my insurance.
How was your experience with Geraldine Ekpo at Laurel Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Geraldine Ekpo at Laurel Fertility Care?
Ask as many questions as possible, to ensure you are comfortable with everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Geraldine Ekpo at Laurel Fertility Care?
Describe the protocols Geraldine Ekpo used in your cycles at Laurel Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I don’t remember the exact dosages I took but I I remember using injectable hormones - Menopur, Pregnyl, Gonal F and Ganirelix.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Laurel Fertility Care.
The nursing staff was excellent. They answered any questions I had and made sure I knew how to use the injectables and was comfortable administering them on myself.
Describe your experience with Laurel Fertility Care.
Laurel Fertility is a warm practice and everyone was very nice and welcoming. I think if there was something I’d change in my experience, is to set realistic expectations. In my situation, I was given much more positive information and feedback in the beginning because I had gotten pregnant naturally without medical intervention and based off of my initial blood work, I can understand why Dr. Ekpo felt more positively about my potential to have a successful IVF procedure. I just wish that someone told me that if might not work the first or second time around, that IVF sometimes take more than once or twice until it works.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Laurel Fertility Care.
It was an efficient, well-oiled operation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Geraldine Ekpo at Laurel Fertility Care.
I was lucky that majority of the cost was covered by my insurance.
Describe Geraldine Ekpo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Laurel Fertility Care.
San Francisco

Doctor [Ekpo] was very straightforward with your treatment. She won’t sugar coat anything and is very direct with her expectations. ... She remembers our names and our situation. We weren’t blank faces to her. ... Don’t expect the soft and over friendly doctor. Be prepared for straight answers based on your specific situation. ... Nurses weren’t as knowledgeable as her but if we needed an answer, the doctor always made sure we were taken care of.
A smaller boutique clinic [Laurel Fertility] so you always see the same staff and doctor. Very clean and swanky waiting room and enjoyable to visit. Parking and the area can be tough to navigate so best if you use rideshare. ... $800 per iui cycle. $10,000 for ivf and egg retrieval and around $3000 for each transfer. ... Nicest and easiest to talk to nurse. However sometimes information was mixed up and we had to check with the doctor.
How was your experience with Geraldine Ekpo at Laurel Fertility Care?
Doctor was very straightforward with your treatment. She won’t sugar coat anything and is very direct with her expectations. Nurses weren’t as knowledgeable as her but if we needed an answer, the doctor always made sure we were taken care of.
She remembers our names and our situation. We weren’t blank faces to her.
Iui was very basic and had a sperm sample 3 times and had 3 separate iui placements. We used letrozole and the trigger shot to help time the iui transfer. IVF was a common stims injection protocol and egg retrieval was as expected. We had leftover day 5 embryos but didn’t succeed with 2 first two. Next protocol will include 2 day 5 embryos transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Laurel Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Donna)
Nicest and easiest to talk to nurse. However sometimes information was mixed up and we had to check with the doctor. Overall, very knowledge on teaching us medications.
Describe your experience with Laurel Fertility Care.
A smaller boutique clinic so you always see the same staff and doctor. Very clean and swanky waiting room and enjoyable to visit. Parking and the area can be tough to navigate so best if you use rideshare.
We were given the option each time 1 vs 2 but they gave us their recommendations off the bat. After failing 2 single transfers, we are planning a double embryo transfer next.
San Francisco

Dr. Ekpo is compassionate, direct, caring, and understanding. I saw her every visit and she was usually on time. She gave her professional and personal opinion. She was helpful with decision-making. I would have liked more communication on why certain issues came up and how best to maneuver them for next time.... [Eset Approach] Originally she agreed that a single would be best, but after 2 cancelled transfers when we mentioned transferring 2, she said that makes the most sense with 3 day embryos.
The billing department [Laurel Fertility Care] is very unorganized - make sure you keep records. They just hired a new COO who is supposed to be helping clean it up. Dr. Ekpo is on maternity leave so scheduling is a bit tough and delayed right now. Nurses are kind and compassionate. It's a small clinic, so there's a lot of personalization.... Had to ask for PGS testing refund, and have had multiple meetings with billing where they came in with incorrect information regarding my account.
How was your experience with Geraldine Ekpo at Laurel Fertility Care?
Gonal F, Menopur, Metformin for egg retrieval. Stims protocol for FET after estrogen priming did not work (2 cancelled transfers).
Describe your experience with Laurel Fertility Care.
The billing department is very unorganized - make sure you keep records. They just hired a new COO who is supposed to be helping clean it up. Dr. Ekpo is on maternity leave so scheduling is a bit tough and delayed right now. Nurses are kind and compassionate. It's a small clinic, so there's a lot of personalization.
$18,000 for IVF, PGS, ICSI, FET
What specific things went wrong at Laurel Fertility Care?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Laurel Fertility Care.