Medical SchoolU.S. Army
Tri-Cities Satellite Location
945 Goethals
Richland, WA 99352
877-938-2191
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gerard Letterie to a friend?

6.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
He never had time to see me, never even met him in person or talked to him. ... I was still in the beginning stages and unfamiliar to ivf itself and I wasnt told any information about the process. I went for testing in my area and was told Dr. Letterie would explain everything to me. Nothing was explained because he didn't even reach out to tell me what my results were. I would never recommend him or the clinic to anyone going through the process.
To me there are no strengths I wish I had chosen a different clinic in the beginning and not had to waste money and time here. ... I did lab work and saline ultrasound test. Nothing was said to me. I didn't know how many folicles I had, if they were good or bad and still dont know. I was told to do lab work and I still have knowledge of what is going on with my own body!
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I hated it. I had no idea what was going on and no one including nurses told me anything at all. I felt like I was a dollar sign and nothing more. I would never recommend anyone to go to him. It's a waist of money, time and your Hope's and prayers just get diminished.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He never had time to see me, never even met him in person or talked to him.
Describe the protocols Gerard Letterie used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Void, short and unsatisfying
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
To me there are no strengths I wish I had chosen a different clinic in the beginning and not had to waste money and time here. I might have been preparing our home for a child we prayed long and hard for by now but when doctors only see you as a dollar sign it all seems impossible and part of you just wants to shut the world away and give up your dream of being a parent
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I got a bill from them for $350 still unsure what the amount was for since I never did see the doctor or his nurses so I suppose it was to pay him to look at my lab results
Describe Gerard Letterie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I didn't get this far in the process
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

He [Dr. Letterie] made sure that I was ok with any plans or even unexpected changes that could arise from my treatment. I left each appointment feeling satisfied with the conversation...He will be straight forward with you...I am still in the middle of my cycle. I am currently taking my stims. I am on 225 Gonal F and 150 Menopur. The dosage was based off my amh of 1.1...It was explained to me the benefits of transferring 1 vs 2 embryos. I feel confident in only transferring 1 embryo given the risks that have been presented for transferring 2 embryos. Clinic Description
Rebecca [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was and is amazing! She is so quick to respond to my emails. She is compassionate and expresses interest in my case. I am extremely relieved at how helpful she has been. She has made this stressful process easier by just being the person that I know I can count on to be there to answer my questions...I am still in the middle of my cycle and have not physically been to the clinic yet. Although, everytime I have called in they have been extremely helpful and kind. I have my first ultrasound scheduled with them for next week and I am excited to meet the staff and see the clinic.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I have had two phone consultations with Dr Letterie up to this point and he has been very courteous each time. Even asking if the appointment time was still adequate. He made sure that all of my questions were answered and that I had an understanding of the expectations of my treatment plan. He explained why he chose the treatment plan that he did and what would happen if that treatment plan did not get the desired results. He made sure that I was ok with any plans or even unexpected changes that could arise from my treatment. I left each appointment feeling satisfied with the conversation.
Do not hesitate to ask questions. He will be straight forward with you. If you do not know what questions to ask, tell him that too.
Dr Letterie not only took a thorough medical history, but he asked about my personal life and expressed interest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca )
Rebecca was and is amazing! She is so quick to respond to my emails. She is compassionate and expresses interest in my case. I am extremely relieved at how helpful she has been. She has made this stressful process easier by just being the person that I know I can count on to be there to answer my questions.
30,000 for treatment 3,500 for the first set of meds

1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Letterie began with looking at our other paperwork from what we’d used before, family history, and a conversation about how aggressive of a treatment we wanted to begin with. We chose IVF to be the route we wanted to pursue with him. He did blood work on myself and husband, diagnosed me with PCOS. ... Dr letterie is knowledgeable and humbly confident. He explained what the process would be for us, expectations, and answered all of our questions.
I highly recommend the clinic [SRM], I have used there satellite location in Tri-Cities only, so I can not speak to the Seattle location. They have an easy to use online portal, videos to describe what to expect through the whole process, financial coordinator, and on call staff 24 hours a day. ... Dollie is the nurse who I work with, she is very knowledgeable, always available when called, and if you leave a message she calls back immediately. She’s been so helpful through the whole process.
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr letterie is knowledgeable and humbly confident. He explained what the process would be for us, expectations, and answered all of our questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the area. He was very intentional about our comfort level, our desires, and how aggressive we would like to take treatment, so he could make the best recommendation for where we were at in life.
If you are looking at Dr. Letterie for treatment, I would ask him as many questions, be honest with where you are at because he will use that information to guide the conversations and all your options. Grab copies of the notes you take together because him pictures and bullet points are helpful to look over when you aren’t so overwhelmed with the information.
Dr. Letterie, sat down with me and my husband, asked us our story, showed empathy, gentle in the way he spoke, drew pictures and wrote notes for us to take home. Before my first appt, his flight got canceled the day before and we had to change our appt time, he called me personally.
Dr. Letterie began with looking at our other paperwork from what we’d used before, family history, and a conversation about how aggressive of a treatment we wanted to begin with. We chose IVF to be the route we wanted to pursue with him. He did blood work on myself and husband, diagnosed me with PCOS. We first met for an initial consultation at his Tri-Cities office and then we did a follow up appt the next month (he comes for two days, once a month). On the second visit, he went through treatment strategies and expectations for what is next steps including when we’d expect to have to go to Seattle. The treatment plan chosen for us was a low dose of gonal and metapur, and then when retrieval takes place, expect that my uterus will be hyperstimulate and the eggs will most likely need to be foxes and I’ll have to come back in for insementation. He connected me with his nurse, who answers all my questions and supports along the way. Currently, we are in the middle of our 1st cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dollie)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I highly recommend the clinic, I have used there satellite location in Tri-Cities only, so I can not speak to the Seattle location. They have an easy to use online portal, videos to describe what to expect through the whole process, financial coordinator, and on call staff 24 hours a day.
The visits with Dr. letterie were covered by my insurance, the medication and procedure were not covered. They gave me a cost estimate was updated. Medication $3,100 Treatment $10,875
Dr. Letterie only does eSET, he believes this is the most ethical way with our technology and what studies show. He will not do multiple embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Letterie] took the time to explain routes he thought would be good. Why other options might not be good or why they didn’t work. He would make notes for you, even draw to explain is needed. He told you possible outcomes and risks. He was always very welcoming. He even moved appointments around when he was booked because he knew we were traveling from 3 hours away and got stuck in accident traffic...
SRM Seattle blew me away by their care. They exceptional in care. They were great with communicating with their patients on treatments and finances. Weaknesses is they are so amazing they book out really far...She [nurse] was always sweet and very understanding. She was always very organized and thorough in any information she gave us... I was put on 4 rounds of Clomid... Result lots or small eggs, no big egg. Due to test results it was unlikely to work for me but we wanted try.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Letterie had amazing bedside manner. Which means a lot in this field with so much emotion. He took the time to explain routes he thought would be good. Why other options might not be good or why they didn’t work. He would make notes for you, even draw to explain is needed. He told you possible outcomes and risks. He was always very welcoming. He even moved appointments around when he was booked because he knew we were traveling from 3 hours away and got stuck in accident traffic. He refused to have us turned away or rescheduled. When bad news occurred, he was so sweet and explained why and what we can do next time.
Take notes when you talk with him. He was so thorough with so much, it’s hard to remember it all.
Doctor Letterie was always so sweet. He was very informative in all aspects to care and future routes. He moved things around for us, as he knew we were traveling from about three hours away to see him. He never wanted to turn us away or reschedule. He made me feel cared for and that I was in good hands.
I went through being diagnosed by Dr. Letterie, via ultra sound with PCOS. As no doctors near me had been able to tell me what was wrong with me. He then got blood work from my husband and I. As well as semen analysis. I was put on 4 rounds of Clomid. First round was 5 days I believe of 250MG of Clomid. My results were I did not produce any large enough eggs. Second round was 7 days of Clomid at 250MG. Results lots of eggs, non large enough. Third round 7 days of Clomid 400 MG. Result was one egg large enough for natural conception. I used an trigger shot but was not able to try at home, due to husband falling ill. Fourth round of Clomid at 400MG for 7 day. Result lots or small eggs, no big egg. Due to test results it was unlikely to work for me but we wanted try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
She was always sweet and very understanding. She was always very organized and thorough in any information she gave us.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Around $2,000 for medications and medical costs.
I have not done IVF yet. No comments.

5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
We wanted to be very conservative in our IVF approach-We would only fertilize two eggs at a time and any embryos resulting would be transferred (no frozen embryos). Dr Letterie never once questioned us or pushed us to be more liberal in our approach even though it would take longer. He was extremely respectful of our wishes...Even though he did not perform the retrieval or transfer, he was quick to check in with us over the phone each time. Our first embryo did not survive to transfer and he treated our baby as the loss we viewed it as. He was compassionate and loving as he explained what happened and that he was so sorry. My husband and I always felt so at ease in his care. I have never had a Dr like Dr Letterie and we have never been so impressed with medical treatment. He is one of a kind in the best way!
Everything ran like clock work [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. Every single person-from reception to nurse to dr-was wonderful to work with. They are clearly a team from beginning to end of a patients process. I don’t recall a negative experience...We wanted to be very conservative in our IVF approach-We would only fertilize two eggs at a time and any embryos resulting would be transferred (no frozen embryos). Dr Letterie never once questioned us or pushed us to be more liberal in our approach even though it would take longer. He was extremely respectful of our wishes.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Letterie is kind and gentle but also extremely intelligent. He listened to each of our concerns about IVF without ever feeling like we were rushed and he answered every single question with us until we were satisfied. We wrote and re-wrote every plan together as a team. Even though he did not perform the retrieval or transfer, he was quick to check in with us over the phone each time. Our first embryo did not survive to transfer and he treated our baby as the loss we viewed it as. He was compassionate and loving as he explained what happened and that he was so sorry. My husband and I always felt so at ease in his care. I have never had a Dr like Dr Letterie and we have never been so impressed with medical treatment. He is one of a kind in the best way!
Prepare to be “wow-ed”! His level of intelligence regarding fertility is hugely impressive and his patience and bed side manner are incredible!
I used gonal-f injections along with menopur and certotide to prepare for egg retrieval. We retrieved 18 eggs. 2 of those eggs were fertilized and 6 did not survive/were not mature. 10 were frozen. We did not want to create as many embryos as we could because we believe each one is a life so we froze eggs and sperm separately. Out of those two embryos, neither survived and we took a break. When we started again, I began on estrace pills 3 times per day for the first few days of my cycle and then added progesterone in oil shots once per day and vaginal progesterone suppositories twice a day to prepare for a possible embryo transfer. We thawed two more eggs and they were fertilized with ICSI. Both fertilized and both survived to day 5. Both embryos were transferred resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Thompson)
Sarah was an absolute gem, just like Dr Letterie. Sarah moves to a different position right before we had our BETA test and she continued to be my follow up person because she was so hopeful for us and wanted to see us through our entire cycle
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything ran like clock work. Every single person-from reception to nurse to dr-was wonderful to work with. They are clearly a team from beginning to end of a patients process. I don’t recall a negative experience.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were from out of town-About 4.5 hours from the office. So we did all of our monitoring through a local lab and they got everything to Dr Letterie.
We did have some insurance coverage and Kenzie was phenomenal at maximizing those! She explained when we should pay out of pocket vs when to use insurance to get the best rates possible. She was easy to get ahold of and always quick to respond. She was a lifesaver with finances.

Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Initially Dr Letterie was very compassionate, thorough and articulate in communicating our treatment plan. We feel like this shifted when we got unexpected results at which point we felt that communication was not timely or consistent. There was a lack of urgency in developing a modified treatment plan and getting us referred to the appropriate physicians to manage our unexpected results. We also feel that the empathy and compassion in communication trailed off when unexpected results occurred.
An unforeseen finding required that we be referred to another sub-specialist and that referral process was very drawn out and delayed, we feel Dr Letterie and his team [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] did not have the same since of urgency that we did. It took 3 plus weeks to receive imaging results (after we were told we would have results within 48 hours of the imaging). After calling on a weekly basis inquiring about the results we were told to go to the imaging center ourselves to get the results. Overall we were told conflicting information and there was an extreme delay in communicating very sensitive results. It was very stressful and disheartening.
Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be proactive in advocating for yourself and your medical needs.
I would say I was treated slightly more like a number than a human. Our nurse was not good at communicating information or returning phone calls. Throughout our work up we found unexpected results requiring surgery and we feel this information was not communicated in a timely manner or in a compassionate/empathetic manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angi Nicholson)
We struggled greatly with our assigned nurse coordinator. Weaknesses included: not following through on communicating when she said she would (via email or phone call), not timely in coordinating care, when we received bad news she minimized and negated our feelings of being shocked and scared. We felt unheard and that our care was not a priority.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: several locations with weekend and evening hours, fairly easy and fast to get an appointment, online patient portal was easy to use. Financial counselors were very helpful. Weaknesses: you have to pay for parking, this is a large clinic and in some ways it felt a bit impersonal
We were strongly encouraged to do a single embryo transfer
+ Read more- Read less

My wife loved this doctor [Dr. Gerald Letterie]. He is very positive and encouraging. I feel, too encouraging. I don't believe he relayed our true outcome--the percentages of our success with IUI over 40...When we were thinking of changing clinics, we had one ultrasound at SRM and one at another clinic the same day. Dr. Letterie reported that we had almost 21 eggs to retrieve while the other doctor said 12. That's a huge difference. He's a nice guy, but I think he was too positive about our results. I'd rather have frankness so we can make informed decisions.
Our second IUI [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was performed by two nurses? They couldn't do the procedure and refused to ask for help even though both my wife and I requested that they get a doctor. My wife was bleeding and crying. It was the complete opposite of the first IUI, which went smoothly. It seemed like they kept jabbing at her and she was flinching in pain and calling for a doctor. We both knew that they didn't know what they were doing. To this day, I have no idea what their credentials were.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
My wife loved this doctor. He is very positive and encouraging. I feel, too encouraging. I don't believe he relayed our true outcome--the percentages of our success with IUI over 40. Once we left the clinic, we heard stories of patients having up to 7 IUIs before trying IVF. We are totally out of pocket and simply don't have the time or money to keep going with ineffective treatments for my wife's age (42 a the time). When we were thinking of changing clinics, we had one ultrasound at SRM and one at another clinic the same day. Dr. Letterie reported that we had almost 21 eggs to retrieve while the other doctor said 12. That's a huge difference. He's a nice guy, but I think he was too positive about our results. I'd rather have frankness so we can make informed decisions.
Dr. Letterie has a great beside manner and he will make you feel very comfortable. However, keep in mind that he may be too enthauastic about your results. For my wife and I, we didn't have the 21 eggs retrieved that he said he saw, we had 12 that were actually viable. This gave us false hope.
We enjoyed Dr. Letterie and I was hesitant to switch doctors. The problem was: we worked with whomever was on duty at the time, we were not guaranteed to work with our supervising doctor, Dr. Letterie. The atmosphere of the clinic is nice and pleasant but very large and we were at one of the many SRM branches. Staff repeatedly checked our sperm sample to make sure it was mine, which was unnerving. We had a coordinator whom we communicated with via emails and phone calls. We met with our doctor after each IUI but were generally at the hands of whomever was working that day.
We completed two IUIs with Dr. Letterie at SRM. I took supplements. My wife took supplements, shots, and a trigger shot. We became pregnant after the first IUI but it resulted in an early miscarriage. We had a second IUI without results. We were the ones to push IVF versus IUI, not the doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our second IUI was performed by two nurses? They couldn't do the procedure and refused to ask for help even though both my wife and I requested that they get a doctor. My wife was bleeding and crying. It was the complete opposite of the first IUI, which went smoothly. It seemed like they kept jabbing at her and she was flinching in pain and calling for a doctor. We both knew that they didn't know what they were doing. To this day, I have no idea what their credentials were.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is big with many branches. My wife met Dr. Letterie in Tri-Cities, WA on a rotation he does to talk with clients but all the procedures were done in Seattle. I know he goes to Spokane, too. The size might help someone who has an odd schedule? needs to visit during off-hours? We thought it was too big. We liked our doctor but he didn't perform our IUIs, it was whomever was on that day and that was upsetting. My wife said that each session they had to review our file at length to get re-adjusted to our case and didn't like that. We moved to a smaller clinic with one doctor who saw us each visit.
We paid $2k for each IUI, plus meds. There was a monthly storage fee for my extra sperm at $40 a month. We paid that for about a year and then terminated the agreement. The ultrasounds and bloodwork were extra.
We switched doctors for a couple of reasons: price and number of embryos they were willing to transfer once we moved to IVF. SRM would only transfer 2 embryos at a time and they preferred 1. At 42 and using my wife's eggs, we could have done that indefinetly and not had results. We couldn't afford all of those possible transfers. And, realistically, had no results. Our new doctor allowed us to transfer 5 untested embryos.

PCOS, Unexplained
SRM has multiple locations in this area which is really nice. The Bellevue location was the most convenient for me, but the Kirkland and Seattle locations weren't too far away either. All of the staff that we worked with at all three locations were professional but friendly and approachable. There were times the waiting room would be full but it felt more like a community versus crowded or like the clinic was ill prepared. We felt well taken care of at each stage no matter which location we were at.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Letterie is friendly and personable while also being extremely experienced and professional. He, and his team, made us feel like we were the only patients they were working with every time we went in for an appointment or called with a question. Dr. Letterie was kind and patient in how he explained our potential fertility issues and each stage of us trying to conceive. He remained positive but realistic which helped us get through the failed attempts until we reached IVF which was successful on our first try. A month after our baby was born, Dr. Letterie had his team reach out to us to say congratulations and to ask us how we were doing.
Go into your appointments ready to learn because he will make all of the procedures easy to understand even for someone with no medical knowledge.
Dr. Letterie spent as much time as needed with us and never made us feel like we were taking up too much of his day. My husband and I are both the type to need to know all of the details and Dr. Letterie answered all of our questions and drew diagrams to help us remember all of the new information once we went home. He was positive and upbeat while also being realistic and professional.
We started by making sure I was ovulating and that my tubes were in working order. Once that was determined not to be our problem Dr. Letterie checked my husbands sperm count to check that off of our list. We progressed to tracking my ovulation and taking medication to speed up my ovulation due to my long cycles and overabundance of follicles. We then did IUI to try and get the timing correct for fertilization. When that wasn't successful, my husband and I took some time off to regroup and Dr. Letterie was very kind and understanding about that. Finally, we moved onto the IVF process which resulted in a live singleton on our first try and 15 healthy embryos frozen and waiting for us when we are ready for our second.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina Vasquez)
Justina (Tina) was accessible and personable. She was available through secured email on their website at all times and when she was out she had a backup nurse who would respond in her place. She made our experience so much smoother because we didn't have to do much work at all. She coordinated appointments and reminded us of when to start certain parts of our treatment and who to contact for specific questions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It was expensive, but not quite as bad as I had anticipated. Dr. Letterie and his finance team were up front about what costs would look like and they went over the best options for us. There was a program to make monthly payments so the cost wasn't such a shock and there was separate option which was ideal for a family that would have a specific course of treatment. We felt well informed on our options and figuring out what worked best for us.
After our journey, I was hesitant to only transfer one embryo. What if just one didn't take and we had to have another month of disappointment and then another month of waiting and anxious anticipation? Dr. Letterie explained that carrying a baby wasn't an issue for me and if we implanted two embryos that we would have twins. He was absolutely correct with this plan because our single embryo implanted on our first try!
Kirkland

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Wonderful i have nothing bad to say about the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Med]overall wonderful. They were there and willing to help or call if you had any questions while the doctor was out or not available. If i had to say a weakness it would be that not all services are available on Saturdays but that seems to be a normal thing in the fertility clinics.... Strength would be nice and caring. Weakness would be brutally honest and blunt.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Upon meeting with Dr Letterie he was very thoughtful and trustworthy eith our plan and future of wanting to have a child. He was very interested in our journey and what had and didnt work for us. He kept in contact with us through our journey with him even with personal phone calls checking in on us. He spent the time and effort i needed with an emotional journey and earned our trust throughout a very hard time with other doctors we never were able to trust. I am so excited to have gone through my first cycle with him and he has brought me alot of hope and i cant wait to do another cycle with him.
Dont feel bad for asking questions, he i very much willing to explain things if you have any questions.
I felt like a human due to his bedside manner. During an emotional journey he helped me feel uplifted during hard times.
Strength would be nice and caring. Weakness would be brutally honest and blunt.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Wonderful i have nothing bad to say about the clinic overall wonderful. They were there and willing to help or call if you had any questions while the doctor was out or not available. If i had to say a weakness it would be that not all services are available on Saturdays but that seems to be a normal thing in the fertility clinics.
+ Read more- Read less

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Letterie is 100% a great Doctor! My husband and I both trust him completely and felt so comfortable with him. He knows his stuff! Dr. Letterie is great at explaining things to you and lets you get all of your questions answered. He takes his time with you and you never feel like he is rushing you in and out. He explains all possible outcomes, etc.... He truly listens to you and lets you decide what you want to do. He gives you all of your possible treatments and is not pushy.
I thought the clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was excellent. I have no complaints. They were professional, organized, on time, good at explaining things, etc. They were always available to answer questions. The finance person seemed a little difficult to get a hold of at times. My nurse coordinator was wonderful!... I loved loved loved Sarah. She was so amazing at communicating and truly cared about her patients.... The ivf procedure was around $13,000
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He is a caring Doctor. Ask lots of questions.
Dr. Letterie was very respectful. He truly listens to you and lets you decide what you want to do. He gives you all of your possible treatments and is not pushy.
I honestly do not remember much. it was a couple of years ago.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I thought the clinic was excellent. I have no complaints. They were professional, organized, on time, good at explaining things, etc. They were always available to answer questions. The finance person seemed a little difficult to get a hold of at times. My nurse coordinator was wonderful!
The ivf procedure was around $13,000
He did suggest only transferring one embryo. The second time around we opted for two and it did not end well. I went into preterm labor and had the babies at 24 weeks, in which they passed away shortly after.

2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Letterie] is very compassionate and gentle. He is older and experienced. I do wish he would investigate more of my physical issues. He did not test me for something that I found out I have. Knowing it sooner might have changed some results...He listens to my concerns and explains things to me.... I was told the wrong time of cycle to get a uterus scope done. I was told to do it at the end of a cycle and the viewing of it was poor...
Was not told to be sure to pay PGS test lab. They would not release results for days. Should be standard procedure to emphasize paying the other company. I was told the wrong time of cycle to get a uterus scope done. I was told to do it at the end of a cycle and the viewing of it was poor...The patient portal [for Seattle Repro Med] gets locked easily not recognizing the password if you use the link they email you. So it's hard to get a hold of her sometimes. She seems like her patient load is too heavy and seems Rushed
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He is very compassionate and gentle. He is older and experienced. I do wish he would investigate more of my physical issues. He did not test me for something that I found out I have. Knowing it sooner might have changed some results.
Bring a pad of paper with questions you have and write the answers for looking back on.
He listens to my concerns and explains things to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
The patient portal gets locked easily not recognizing the password if you use the link they email you. So it's hard to get a hold of her sometimes. She seems like her patient load is too heavy and seems Rushed
He felt a single embryo transfer is best for a safe pregnancy

2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Letterie] told me it was better to transfer 1 embryo. He said that base on my age...I felt like a human because my doctor is a good listener, he understood how i felt about me not getting pregnant easy. I felt he does he job because he likes to help people became parents and he doesn't do it for the money. He explain everything really good and answer all my questions. I'm really happy to have him as my doctor
Appointment were $250 per appointment [at Seattle Reproductive]. Egg retrival was around $14000. My medicine was around $ 6000. Embryo tranfer is around $4000...Its a really clean, organized clinic. They have the right people for the perfect place. They are able to explain every question that you have. They are really friendly and they all know their job really good...Sarah is a good nurse i was really happy with her. When she left the clinic i was sad because she was a person that never was busy to help you. she loves to help people and she was always there for me.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I'm really happy to be a patient of Dr. Letterie he understands how people feel and he's always helping and making sure we as a patient understand every step through the treatment. He is a good person and really kind. I wouldn't change doctor at all. He knows what is better for each patient.
Trust Doctor Letterie he knows what it needs to be done to became a parent
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Appointment were $250 per appointment. Egg retrival was around $14000. My medicine was around $ 6000. Embryo tranfer is around $4000
He told me it was better to transfer 1 embryo. He said that base on my age
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Gerard Letterie] took injectibles at lowest doses to prevent any hyper ovarian stimulation...was very straight to the point on our options, which I love because I want it all laid out there. He listened to our stories and thoughts. He monitored our progress and adjusted as necessary...were warm and welcoming the first day you step into the office. They explain in detail with care every blood draw, ultrasound, and ect.
The strength [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is their staff being caring and warming. When we came in early they helped get us in early as well. I did not see many weaknesses to this clinic as all I experienced were good things, it can be difficult from being out of town...The doctor and clinic were warm and welcoming the first day you step into the office. They explain in detail with care every blood draw, ultrasound, and ect.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Letterie was very straight to the point on our options, which I love because I want it all laid out there. He listened to our stories and thoughts. He monitored our progress and adjusted as necessary.
Trust in your doctor.
He took injectibles at lowest doses to prevent any hyper ovarian stimulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dollies Arron )
Dollie got back to me usually right away with any of my questions. Explained what was happening in details.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The strength is their staff being caring and warming. When we came in early they helped get us in early as well. I did not see many weaknesses to this clinic as all I experienced were good things, it can be difficult from being out of town.
We spent about 10,000 in total including medications