Medical SchoolU.S. Army
Tri-Cities Satellite Location
945 Goethals
Richland, WA 99352
877-938-2191
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gerard Letterie to a friend?

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Letterie began with looking at our other paperwork from what we’d used before, family history, and a conversation about how aggressive of a treatment we wanted to begin with. We chose IVF to be the route we wanted to pursue with him. He did blood work on myself and husband, diagnosed me with PCOS. ... Dr letterie is knowledgeable and humbly confident. He explained what the process would be for us, expectations, and answered all of our questions.
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr letterie is knowledgeable and humbly confident. He explained what the process would be for us, expectations, and answered all of our questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the area. He was very intentional about our comfort level, our desires, and how aggressive we would like to take treatment, so he could make the best recommendation for where we were at in life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
If you are looking at Dr. Letterie for treatment, I would ask him as many questions, be honest with where you are at because he will use that information to guide the conversations and all your options. Grab copies of the notes you take together because him pictures and bullet points are helpful to look over when you aren’t so overwhelmed with the information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Letterie, sat down with me and my husband, asked us our story, showed empathy, gentle in the way he spoke, drew pictures and wrote notes for us to take home. Before my first appt, his flight got canceled the day before and we had to change our appt time, he called me personally.
Describe the protocols Gerard Letterie used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Letterie began with looking at our other paperwork from what we’d used before, family history, and a conversation about how aggressive of a treatment we wanted to begin with. We chose IVF to be the route we wanted to pursue with him. He did blood work on myself and husband, diagnosed me with PCOS. We first met for an initial consultation at his Tri-Cities office and then we did a follow up appt the next month (he comes for two days, once a month). On the second visit, he went through treatment strategies and expectations for what is next steps including when we’d expect to have to go to Seattle. The treatment plan chosen for us was a low dose of gonal and metapur, and then when retrieval takes place, expect that my uterus will be hyperstimulate and the eggs will most likely need to be foxes and I’ll have to come back in for insementation. He connected me with his nurse, who answers all my questions and supports along the way. Currently, we are in the middle of our 1st cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dollie)
Dollie is the nurse who I work with, she is very knowledgeable, always available when called, and if you leave a message she calls back immediately. She’s been so helpful through the whole process.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I highly recommend the clinic, I have used there satellite location in Tri-Cities only, so I can not speak to the Seattle location. They have an easy to use online portal, videos to describe what to expect through the whole process, financial coordinator, and on call staff 24 hours a day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The visits with Dr. letterie were covered by my insurance, the medication and procedure were not covered. They gave me a cost estimate was updated. Medication $3,100 Treatment $10,875
Describe Gerard Letterie's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Letterie only does eSET, he believes this is the most ethical way with our technology and what studies show. He will not do multiple embryo transfer.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
We wanted to be very conservative in our IVF approach-We would only fertilize two eggs at a time and any embryos resulting would be transferred (no frozen embryos). Dr Letterie never once questioned us or pushed us to be more liberal in our approach even though it would take longer. He was extremely respectful of our wishes...Even though he did not perform the retrieval or transfer, he was quick to check in with us over the phone each time. Our first embryo did not survive to transfer and he treated our baby as the loss we viewed it as. He was compassionate and loving as he explained what happened and that he was so sorry. My husband and I always felt so at ease in his care. I have never had a Dr like Dr Letterie and we have never been so impressed with medical treatment. He is one of a kind in the best way!
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Letterie is kind and gentle but also extremely intelligent. He listened to each of our concerns about IVF without ever feeling like we were rushed and he answered every single question with us until we were satisfied. We wrote and re-wrote every plan together as a team. Even though he did not perform the retrieval or transfer, he was quick to check in with us over the phone each time. Our first embryo did not survive to transfer and he treated our baby as the loss we viewed it as. He was compassionate and loving as he explained what happened and that he was so sorry. My husband and I always felt so at ease in his care. I have never had a Dr like Dr Letterie and we have never been so impressed with medical treatment. He is one of a kind in the best way!
Prepare to be “wow-ed”! His level of intelligence regarding fertility is hugely impressive and his patience and bed side manner are incredible!
I used gonal-f injections along with menopur and certotide to prepare for egg retrieval. We retrieved 18 eggs. 2 of those eggs were fertilized and 6 did not survive/were not mature. 10 were frozen. We did not want to create as many embryos as we could because we believe each one is a life so we froze eggs and sperm separately. Out of those two embryos, neither survived and we took a break. When we started again, I began on estrace pills 3 times per day for the first few days of my cycle and then added progesterone in oil shots once per day and vaginal progesterone suppositories twice a day to prepare for a possible embryo transfer. We thawed two more eggs and they were fertilized with ICSI. Both fertilized and both survived to day 5. Both embryos were transferred resulting in a singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Thompson)
Sarah was an absolute gem, just like Dr Letterie. Sarah moves to a different position right before we had our BETA test and she continued to be my follow up person because she was so hopeful for us and wanted to see us through our entire cycle
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything ran like clock work. Every single person-from reception to nurse to dr-was wonderful to work with. They are clearly a team from beginning to end of a patients process. I don’t recall a negative experience.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were from out of town-About 4.5 hours from the office. So we did all of our monitoring through a local lab and they got everything to Dr Letterie.
We did have some insurance coverage and Kenzie was phenomenal at maximizing those! She explained when we should pay out of pocket vs when to use insurance to get the best rates possible. She was easy to get ahold of and always quick to respond. She was a lifesaver with finances.

Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Initially Dr Letterie was very compassionate, thorough and articulate in communicating our treatment plan. We feel like this shifted when we got unexpected results at which point we felt that communication was not timely or consistent. There was a lack of urgency in developing a modified treatment plan and getting us referred to the appropriate physicians to manage our unexpected results. We also feel that the empathy and compassion in communication trailed off when unexpected results occurred.
Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be proactive in advocating for yourself and your medical needs.
I would say I was treated slightly more like a number than a human. Our nurse was not good at communicating information or returning phone calls. Throughout our work up we found unexpected results requiring surgery and we feel this information was not communicated in a timely manner or in a compassionate/empathetic manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angi Nicholson)
We struggled greatly with our assigned nurse coordinator. Weaknesses included: not following through on communicating when she said she would (via email or phone call), not timely in coordinating care, when we received bad news she minimized and negated our feelings of being shocked and scared. We felt unheard and that our care was not a priority.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: several locations with weekend and evening hours, fairly easy and fast to get an appointment, online patient portal was easy to use. Financial counselors were very helpful. Weaknesses: you have to pay for parking, this is a large clinic and in some ways it felt a bit impersonal
We were strongly encouraged to do a single embryo transfer
Seattle

My wife loved this doctor [Dr. Gerald Letterie]. He is very positive and encouraging. I feel, too encouraging. I don't believe he relayed our true outcome--the percentages of our success with IUI over 40...When we were thinking of changing clinics, we had one ultrasound at SRM and one at another clinic the same day. Dr. Letterie reported that we had almost 21 eggs to retrieve while the other doctor said 12. That's a huge difference. He's a nice guy, but I think he was too positive about our results. I'd rather have frankness so we can make informed decisions.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
My wife loved this doctor. He is very positive and encouraging. I feel, too encouraging. I don't believe he relayed our true outcome--the percentages of our success with IUI over 40. Once we left the clinic, we heard stories of patients having up to 7 IUIs before trying IVF. We are totally out of pocket and simply don't have the time or money to keep going with ineffective treatments for my wife's age (42 a the time). When we were thinking of changing clinics, we had one ultrasound at SRM and one at another clinic the same day. Dr. Letterie reported that we had almost 21 eggs to retrieve while the other doctor said 12. That's a huge difference. He's a nice guy, but I think he was too positive about our results. I'd rather have frankness so we can make informed decisions.
Dr. Letterie has a great beside manner and he will make you feel very comfortable. However, keep in mind that he may be too enthauastic about your results. For my wife and I, we didn't have the 21 eggs retrieved that he said he saw, we had 12 that were actually viable. This gave us false hope.
We enjoyed Dr. Letterie and I was hesitant to switch doctors. The problem was: we worked with whomever was on duty at the time, we were not guaranteed to work with our supervising doctor, Dr. Letterie. The atmosphere of the clinic is nice and pleasant but very large and we were at one of the many SRM branches. Staff repeatedly checked our sperm sample to make sure it was mine, which was unnerving. We had a coordinator whom we communicated with via emails and phone calls. We met with our doctor after each IUI but were generally at the hands of whomever was working that day.
We completed two IUIs with Dr. Letterie at SRM. I took supplements. My wife took supplements, shots, and a trigger shot. We became pregnant after the first IUI but it resulted in an early miscarriage. We had a second IUI without results. We were the ones to push IVF versus IUI, not the doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our second IUI was performed by two nurses? They couldn't do the procedure and refused to ask for help even though both my wife and I requested that they get a doctor. My wife was bleeding and crying. It was the complete opposite of the first IUI, which went smoothly. It seemed like they kept jabbing at her and she was flinching in pain and calling for a doctor. We both knew that they didn't know what they were doing. To this day, I have no idea what their credentials were.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is big with many branches. My wife met Dr. Letterie in Tri-Cities, WA on a rotation he does to talk with clients but all the procedures were done in Seattle. I know he goes to Spokane, too. The size might help someone who has an odd schedule? needs to visit during off-hours? We thought it was too big. We liked our doctor but he didn't perform our IUIs, it was whomever was on that day and that was upsetting. My wife said that each session they had to review our file at length to get re-adjusted to our case and didn't like that. We moved to a smaller clinic with one doctor who saw us each visit.
We paid $2k for each IUI, plus meds. There was a monthly storage fee for my extra sperm at $40 a month. We paid that for about a year and then terminated the agreement. The ultrasounds and bloodwork were extra.
We switched doctors for a couple of reasons: price and number of embryos they were willing to transfer once we moved to IVF. SRM would only transfer 2 embryos at a time and they preferred 1. At 42 and using my wife's eggs, we could have done that indefinetly and not had results. We couldn't afford all of those possible transfers. And, realistically, had no results. Our new doctor allowed us to transfer 5 untested embryos.

PCOS, Unexplained
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Letterie is friendly and personable while also being extremely experienced and professional. He, and his team, made us feel like we were the only patients they were working with every time we went in for an appointment or called with a question. Dr. Letterie was kind and patient in how he explained our potential fertility issues and each stage of us trying to conceive. He remained positive but realistic which helped us get through the failed attempts until we reached IVF which was successful on our first try. A month after our baby was born, Dr. Letterie had his team reach out to us to say congratulations and to ask us how we were doing.
Go into your appointments ready to learn because he will make all of the procedures easy to understand even for someone with no medical knowledge.
Dr. Letterie spent as much time as needed with us and never made us feel like we were taking up too much of his day. My husband and I are both the type to need to know all of the details and Dr. Letterie answered all of our questions and drew diagrams to help us remember all of the new information once we went home. He was positive and upbeat while also being realistic and professional.
We started by making sure I was ovulating and that my tubes were in working order. Once that was determined not to be our problem Dr. Letterie checked my husbands sperm count to check that off of our list. We progressed to tracking my ovulation and taking medication to speed up my ovulation due to my long cycles and overabundance of follicles. We then did IUI to try and get the timing correct for fertilization. When that wasn't successful, my husband and I took some time off to regroup and Dr. Letterie was very kind and understanding about that. Finally, we moved onto the IVF process which resulted in a live singleton on our first try and 15 healthy embryos frozen and waiting for us when we are ready for our second.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Justina Vasquez)
Justina (Tina) was accessible and personable. She was available through secured email on their website at all times and when she was out she had a backup nurse who would respond in her place. She made our experience so much smoother because we didn't have to do much work at all. She coordinated appointments and reminded us of when to start certain parts of our treatment and who to contact for specific questions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM has multiple locations in this area which is really nice. The Bellevue location was the most convenient for me, but the Kirkland and Seattle locations weren't too far away either. All of the staff that we worked with at all three locations were professional but friendly and approachable. There were times the waiting room would be full but it felt more like a community versus crowded or like the clinic was ill prepared. We felt well taken care of at each stage no matter which location we were at.
It was expensive, but not quite as bad as I had anticipated. Dr. Letterie and his finance team were up front about what costs would look like and they went over the best options for us. There was a program to make monthly payments so the cost wasn't such a shock and there was separate option which was ideal for a family that would have a specific course of treatment. We felt well informed on our options and figuring out what worked best for us.
After our journey, I was hesitant to only transfer one embryo. What if just one didn't take and we had to have another month of disappointment and then another month of waiting and anxious anticipation? Dr. Letterie explained that carrying a baby wasn't an issue for me and if we implanted two embryos that we would have twins. He was absolutely correct with this plan because our single embryo implanted on our first try!
Kirkland

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Upon meeting with Dr Letterie he was very thoughtful and trustworthy eith our plan and future of wanting to have a child. He was very interested in our journey and what had and didnt work for us. He kept in contact with us through our journey with him even with personal phone calls checking in on us. He spent the time and effort i needed with an emotional journey and earned our trust throughout a very hard time with other doctors we never were able to trust. I am so excited to have gone through my first cycle with him and he has brought me alot of hope and i cant wait to do another cycle with him.
Dont feel bad for asking questions, he i very much willing to explain things if you have any questions.
I felt like a human due to his bedside manner. During an emotional journey he helped me feel uplifted during hard times.
Strength would be nice and caring. Weakness would be brutally honest and blunt.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Wonderful i have nothing bad to say about the clinic overall wonderful. They were there and willing to help or call if you had any questions while the doctor was out or not available. If i had to say a weakness it would be that not all services are available on Saturdays but that seems to be a normal thing in the fertility clinics.
Seattle

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Letterie is 100% a great Doctor! My husband and I both trust him completely and felt so comfortable with him. He knows his stuff! Dr. Letterie is great at explaining things to you and lets you get all of your questions answered. He takes his time with you and you never feel like he is rushing you in and out. He explains all possible outcomes, etc.... He truly listens to you and lets you decide what you want to do. He gives you all of your possible treatments and is not pushy.
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He is a caring Doctor. Ask lots of questions.
Dr. Letterie was very respectful. He truly listens to you and lets you decide what you want to do. He gives you all of your possible treatments and is not pushy.
I honestly do not remember much. it was a couple of years ago.
I loved loved loved Sarah. She was so amazing at communicating and truly cared about her patients.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I thought the clinic was excellent. I have no complaints. They were professional, organized, on time, good at explaining things, etc. They were always available to answer questions. The finance person seemed a little difficult to get a hold of at times. My nurse coordinator was wonderful!
The ivf procedure was around $13,000
He did suggest only transferring one embryo. The second time around we opted for two and it did not end well. I went into preterm labor and had the babies at 24 weeks, in which they passed away shortly after.

2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He [Dr. Letterie] is very compassionate and gentle. He is older and experienced. I do wish he would investigate more of my physical issues. He did not test me for something that I found out I have. Knowing it sooner might have changed some results...He listens to my concerns and explains things to me.... I was told the wrong time of cycle to get a uterus scope done. I was told to do it at the end of a cycle and the viewing of it was poor...
2013 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He is very compassionate and gentle. He is older and experienced. I do wish he would investigate more of my physical issues. He did not test me for something that I found out I have. Knowing it sooner might have changed some results.
Bring a pad of paper with questions you have and write the answers for looking back on.
He listens to my concerns and explains things to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
The patient portal gets locked easily not recognizing the password if you use the link they email you. So it's hard to get a hold of her sometimes. She seems like her patient load is too heavy and seems Rushed
He felt a single embryo transfer is best for a safe pregnancy

2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Letterie] told me it was better to transfer 1 embryo. He said that base on my age...I felt like a human because my doctor is a good listener, he understood how i felt about me not getting pregnant easy. I felt he does he job because he likes to help people became parents and he doesn't do it for the money. He explain everything really good and answer all my questions. I'm really happy to have him as my doctor
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Gerard Letterie at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I'm really happy to be a patient of Dr. Letterie he understands how people feel and he's always helping and making sure we as a patient understand every step through the treatment. He is a good person and really kind. I wouldn't change doctor at all. He knows what is better for each patient.
Trust Doctor Letterie he knows what it needs to be done to became a parent
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah is a good nurse i was really happy with her. When she left the clinic i was sad because she was a person that never was busy to help you. she loves to help people and she was always there for me.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Its a really clean, organized clinic. They have the right people for the perfect place. They are able to explain every question that you have. They are really friendly and they all know their job really good.
Appointment were $250 per appointment. Egg retrival was around $14000. My medicine was around $ 6000. Embryo tranfer is around $4000
He told me it was better to transfer 1 embryo. He said that base on my age