9.7

11370 Anderson Street
Loma Linda, CA 92354

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2017 - 2018
we've only been with Dr.Bareh for a year and she been out 2 months. And they ended up during our treatments. If you plan to do ivf at this clinic be prepared that you could be dealing with the nurses more then the doctor...I loved dr. Bareh but sometimes I felt like she knew more then she let on to us. ... Even though we didn't have our embryo tested I felt like she could tell if the ones she were putting in were good or bad. And even if they were bad she never talked to us about it beforehand. Our embryos were never graded so we are not sure if they are good or bad. She was professional and would see us in a timely manner.
[Loma Linda U] The waiting room, patient rooms, and bathrooms were always kept clean. Sometimes we would have to wait....they all seem like nice ladies. There is one lady that can come off rude sometimes...They had a financial manager they let go so the new one was going back into people's files and charging them for really old charges that weren't collected. We always paid everything in full and then every appointment it seemed like they were asking for money for something new. Frustrating.
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
I loved dr. Bareh but sometimes I felt like she knew more then she let on to us. She was out of the office a lot. I felt like if I had questions after hours then I basically had to wait till they were open. She pushed back my frozen transfer 5 different times because I had a cyst that never got bigger each time. Always remained the same size. Even though we didn't have our embryo tested I felt like she could tell if the ones she were putting in were good or bad. And even if they were bad she never talked to us about it beforehand. Our embryos were never graded so we are not sure if they are good or bad. She was professional and would see us in a timely manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
I'm not really sure what is going on.. but we've only been with Dr.Bareh for a year and she been out 2 months. And they ended up during our treatments. If you plan to do ivf at this clinic be prepared that you could be dealing with the nurses more then the doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
The staff there is friendly and helpful. Never felt like a number.
Describe the protocols Gihan Bareh used in your cycles at Loma Linda University and their degree of success.
Fresh transfer : not sure of the dosage of each meds because I did them of may 2017. Used: gonal-f, menipur, omintrope, ganerlix, pregnyl, doxycycline, endometrin, and progesterone oil. Egg retreival: 8 eggs all mature, all icsi, 4 fertilized normal, transferred 2, lost 1 by day 5 and froze the last 1. The transferred 2 resulted in a negative. Frozen transfer: BCP 3 months prior and then bled then started lupron for 1 month. Transfer pushed back 5 times. Then day of transfer embryo thawed perfectly. Transfer went smoothly. 5dp5dt faint positive which eventually became a stronger positive. Beta #1: 167 Beta #2: 431 Beta #3: 1081 Beta #4: 270 I am currently waiting to miscarry. Devasted. 4 1/2 years and still no baby.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Loma Linda University.
They all seem like nice ladies. There is one lady that can come off rude sometimes. I didn't enjoy being around her because I never knew how she would be towards me that day.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
The waiting room, patient rooms, and bathrooms were always kept clean. Sometimes we would have to wait. I never had a problem with the receptionist although I know some have said she is rude or pushy. Not my experience with her. Weakness I guess would be getting into the patient room and waiting a while. And that they were tried to collect a payment from me from back in may.. 10 months ago. They had a financial manager they let go so the new one was going back into people's files and charging them for really old charges that weren't collected. We always paid everything in full and then every appointment it seemed like they were asking for money for something new. Frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University.
I think we paid $16000 total. That's including egg retrevial, fresh transfer, icsi, and we did a frozen transfer. Medication was separate cost
Describe Gihan Bareh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Loma Linda University.
I do felt a little bit rushed to do our fresh transfer. She gave us the option to do a frozen but said the embryos look good now let's put them back in. This was on day 4. She also mentioned that when do the retrevial she irritated the endometriosis. That should have been a red flag not to put the embryos in. I still to this day regret that decision. And I wanted to put in one and it kinda felt that we were pushed into doing the two. I'm not sure if I won this treatment if I would go back to Loma Linda
What specific things went wrong at Loma Linda University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Loma Linda University.
On my fresh transfer day I hadn't taken Valium because no one included it in my pharmacy prescription so I had to go downstairs to buy it. So I don't think it kicked in till I got home. I had to also have a full bladder and I did. But then was told to empty it because they weren't ready yet. Then when they were ready I had drank so much water I felt miserable. The transfer had so many red flags. I wish I would have waited.
Gihan Bareh