9.7

U. of Texas SA

Gihan Bareh works at

11370 Anderson Street
Loma Linda, CA 92354

Dr Bareh sometimes feels somewhat rushed she has a lot of patients. So far she been compassionate and willing to try the best to have a successful result. After consultation I've only spoke to Dr Bareh a few times, the nurses at the clinic are the ones to mainly contact me with any information...She talks fast and is moving fast all the time but ask the questions and she is willing to answer them...She gave me a few months to let my body process the use of fertilmax and dhea to see if my egg reserve will have a better results. She then moved on to clomid and injectables.
The nursing staff [at Loma Linda University] have all been friendly and helpful. They also answer any questions you may have. Most initial communication is through email or voicemail and then they contact you. Which is different for me from the other clinics I've been too, I always had someone to communicate with...IVF cycle estimated at about $20,000 and up. Doesn't include anesthesia or embryo freezing or biopsies. Also any test and medication is separate.
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Dr. Bareh explains everything thoroughly and makes sure you understand the process which can be overwhelming. She talks fast and is moving fast all the time but ask the questions and she is willing to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
It's understandable that infertility clinics have a lot of patients but I feel that as often as you go to the clinic they should you know by name and the treatment you are getting. At this clinics most things are done through email, hard to get ahold of anyone after hours. If you have any questions with medications you have to wait until the following day. Other than that everyone is friendly upon arrival.
Describe the protocols Gihan Bareh used in your cycles at Loma Linda University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Loma Linda University.
The nursing staff have all been friendly and helpful. They also answer any questions you may have. Most initial communication is through email or voicemail and then they contact you. Which is different for me from the other clinics I've been too, I always had someone to communicate with.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
Strengths: They are freindly and helpful. The clinic is clean and organized. If you call and leave a message they will return your call. Weakness: Appointments are a challenge. They are pretty busy. They close the clinic early, after hours are hard to get ahold of anyone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University.
Gihan Bareh
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Bareh is compassionate and seems competent and very concerned with achieving a positive outcome for her patients. However, she's not a great communicator. Many times, I left the office to research things on my own after she did not explain something to my understanding...Dr. Bareh likes to begin cycles with aspirin and birth control pills. I used Gonal-F and Menopur as stims and then Centrotide for my trigger/antagonist. I took estradiol pills and progesterone in oil for both my fresh and FET cycles. The fresh cycle included estrogen pessaries, whereas, I vaginally inserted an estradiol pill for the FET. I took and antibiotic and Prednisone surrounding the transfer dates and a diazepam prior to the transfers.
I like this clinic [Loma Linda] because they're not commercial and don't shy away from tough cases. I get the overwhelming feeling that their goal is both to achieve live births and support the emotional well-being of the patients instead of being concerned about their numbers...They had my appointment down for the wrong date once. Other than that, the financial people seem disorganized. I've had to follow up many times, get charges fixed, and act as the go-between between the insurance company and them when they couldn't seem to understand what the insurance company was requesting.
How was your experience with Gihan Bareh at Loma Linda University?
Be prepared to ask about the next step(s) over and over again and press for clear answers. I think that Dr. Bareh doesn't understand what is old hat to her is mostly new to her patients.
Dr. Bareh takes the time to ask how I am doing and if I have any questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Loma Linda University.
Some of the nurses are very compassionate and informative while others are very matter-of-fact and only give you information when they think you need it.
Describe your experience with Loma Linda University.
I like this clinic because they're not commercial and don't shy away from tough cases. I get the overwhelming feeling that their goal is both to achieve live births and support the emotional well-being of the patients instead of being concerned about their numbers. They have a good reputation and have a lab on premises. They are a little bare bones; I sometimes wish that they made the experience less clinical (the staff is warm, but it's clearly a doctor's office). The magic of baby-making is already severely crippled by the need to do IVF and they don't put much back in. I sometimes envy the people going to clinics that offer acupuncture or other frills, even music during the transfers would be nice.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Loma Linda University.
The length of time at the monitoring appointments varied on the day. Patients were to come in between 7:30-9 a.m. The blood draw was always fast, but the wait for an ultrasound depended on who arrived first and what other appointments (non-monitoring) were scheduled for that day.
IVF & FET cycles do not include monitoring or medications. A FET cycle following a cancelled fresh transfer would include monitoring. It cost more than I was expecting (blood draw, monitoring, and medications add up), but nothing is cheap in SoCal.
Describe Gihan Bareh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Loma Linda University.
The goal is for a singleton, but Dr. Bareh does allow multiple-embryo transfer for older patients if they accept the risks.
What specific things went wrong at Loma Linda University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Loma Linda University.
Gihan Bareh