Not available by email
FellowshipU. of Iowa
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242
800-777-8442
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ginny Ryan to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care to a friend?
She [Dr. Ryan] actually looked at me when she was speaking, unlike her colleague who continued my treatment later on. She was clear, considerate and gave me facts without talking down to me or making me feel dumb.... We elected to transfer both the embryo and the morula as they stated that they would be discarding the morula the next day anyway. Didn't matter, nothing took. But I think having the hope of more than one embryo in there helped with the anxiety & fear that nothing would work.
How was your experience with Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
She actually looked at me when she was speaking, unlike her colleague who continued my treatment later on. She was clear, considerate and gave me facts without talking down to me or making me feel dumb.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
She was great at making me feel at ease, explaining the process very well and doing so while speaking to me and my spouse on a human level.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Describe the protocols Ginny Ryan used in your cycles at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
We did their basic protocol: estradoil to sync my cycle with their up time. Follistim AQ, then Menopur, then Ganirelix and HCG as my trigger shot. Throughout I had transvaginal ultrasounds to track my lining and follicle growth. Retrieval was done under general anesthesia and they were able to retrieve 8 eggs. 5 fertilized, 1 made it to embryo, 1 was a morula and 3 were discarded. In the end we were not successful in getting pregnant.
Our nursing experience varied from AMAZING and compassionate to gruff and clipped. One nurse cut me off multiple times (when she asked questions) and left my husband fuming because to him it showed that to this clinic we were just another number. He didn't attend any other visits with me as he didn't feel he could keep his mouth shut if we got that nurse again.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
They talk a good game and do A LOT of cheerleading. Unfortunately this cheerleading behavior can lead to unrealistic expectations. From the beginning talking about how you have a 'perfect little cervix' and the lining on the uterus looks 'amazing' and 'you have tons of follicles, this won't be hard at all!' To the end, when nothing worked, and they lay blame on you (me, the woman that they didn't do any additional testing on because my spouse was the one with low count & low motility.) without a ton of explanation. But absolutely want you to come back for another round!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Up front we were told what our cost would be ($11500 -13000 plus medications) We topped out at about $16000 plus medication costs coming in at $4700.
Describe Ginny Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
What specific things went wrong at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care?
Iowa City

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ginny Ryan at U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.

2007 - 2011
Without question, an expert in this field! I give Dr. Ryan my highest recommendation and I would return for future treatments. Patient. Understanding. Gentle. Available. Caring. Hard working. Reassuring. Expert. Supported by amazing staff and at amazing hospital. Answers questions thoroughly...Dr. Ryan explained everything, was compassionate, and got us the results we so desperately wanted on the first cycle...I did a fresh IVF cycle with single blastocyst transfer.
2007 - 2011
Without question, an expert in this field! I give Dr. Ryan my highest recommendation and I would return for future treatments. Patient. Understanding. Gentle. Available. Caring. Hard working. Reassuring. Expert. Supported by amazing staff and at amazing hospital. Answers questions thoroughly. Without question, an expert in this field! I give Dr. Ryan my highest recommendation and I would return for future treatments.
Trust Dr. Ryan.
I did a fresh IVF cycle with single blastocyst transfer.
Great communication and support. Excellent response times.
Describe your experience with U of Iowa Center for Advanced Reproductive Care.
Do not waste your time or money elsewhere. This team is the best in technical expertise and patient care.
Don't remember.
Dr. Ryan insisted on eSET because we had an amazing hatching blastocyst available. I was hesitant about this because I had experienced multiple fresh cycle failures in the past at another clinic. I put my trust in Dr. Ryan and was blessed with a healthy singleton pregnancy resulting in a beautiful baby girl at full term.