East Bay Fertility Center

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolKirksville Col
ResidencyWest Michigan Repro Inst
746 East 1910 South
Provo, UT 84606
801-377-0580
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Larry G Andrew to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend East Bay Fertility Center to a friend?
He [Dr. Andrew] seemed to have a good amount of experience with ivf. His bedside manner was fine. He was honest when my tests came back with odd results and told me he did not know why my body was acting the way it was. He moved quickly in the office, performing ultrasounds and giving shots rather quickly, did not spend time with any small talk,but that was fine with me.
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
He seemed to have a good amount of experience with ivf. His bedside manner was fine. He was honest when my tests came back with odd results and told me he did not know why my body was acting the way it was. He moved quickly in the office, performing ultrasounds and giving shots rather quickly, did not spend time with any small talk,but that was fine with me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
Follow up regularly with the ivf coordinator as she may forget to pass on new information from the doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
His face to face visits were mostly short, around 10minutes. He did come in on. Few Saturdays though, which was nice. I felt I did not completely understand some of the treatments and the Ivf coordinator sometimes took several days to answer a question. She also forgot to tell me when to take a injection and instead told me to wait to ask the doctor when I see him next, bit by that time he said I was 4 days late on the injectable medicine I needed for my ivf cycle. Other than that I felt he treated us well.
Describe the protocols Larry G Andrew used in your cycles at East Bay Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Agonist protocol Ivf with own eggs Birth control pills- to prevent cysts
Describe your experience with your nurse at East Bay Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
The Ivf coordinator scheduled appointments and sent paperwork. There was not much more interaction unless I was reaching out for a question about treatments.
Describe your experience with East Bay Fertility Center.
I liked the tools and machines. The ultrasound wand was smaller than many other clinics I have used and much more comfortable. The nurses were very nice and the one who ran the blood lab was exceptionally positive. I believe these nurses made the experience much better. The rooms for the egg retrieval was downstairs and that was nice to have privacy. Bathrooms we're always clean. The facility itself is a smaller house type practice instead of a large hospital,but it still felt safe and up to date.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center.
6,900 for Ivf 5,000 for meds 800 for freezing
2007 - 2016
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
He [Dr. Larry Andrew] is very smart, but sometimes felt like he didn't communicate well. If I asked more in debt questions, or didn't understand how he explained things I felt somewhat dumb asking him to clarify with his reaction. He did try to put all the pieces together and seemed to truly want to help us have another child.... In 2007 he caught my husband's hormone problems. His testosterone was converting into too much estradiol.
2007 - 2016
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
He is very smart, but sometimes felt like he didn't communicate well. If I asked more in debt questions, or didn't understand how he explained things I felt somewhat dumb asking him to clarify with his reaction. He did try to put all the pieces together and seemed to truly want to help us have another child.
Ask the pros and cons of all your options.
We had 1 beautiful boy with clomid and treating my husband's hormones (low testosterone) under his care in 2008. Everything was easy and went smooth. In 2016 we did IVF with his clinic. They were very great, but I felt like they should have decussed the mini stimulatin verse regular IVF more in depth. Pros and cons.
In 2007 he caught my husband's hormone problems. His testosterone was converting into too much estradiol. Put him on Fermera (not sure the amount). He had 7 million sperm, so our chances weren't great. He then put me on clomid for anovulation, and progesterone for my luteal phase defect ( I was diagnosed with after 3 miscarriages with a regular O. B. , and was able to have my daughter in 2004). Dr Andrew told us our chances weren't great, but we got pregnant the first try doing that regime. We tried the same thing in about 2012 under my o. B. 's care which resulted in 2 more miscarriages. We then went back to Dr Larry Andrew had a ton of blood work done. I have the Mthfr gene, and killer T cells were high. I went on methelfolate, and did lipids with a clomid round of IUI. No pregnancy. We took a break from fertility treatments, but kept TTC with progesterone, and hormones for the hubby. Then in 2016 we did the mini stimulatin IVF. We got 4 eggs. They all fertilized, but 2 were too damaged to use. The other 2 weren't great, but we transfered them anyways. Got pregnant, sac, but no baby, miscarriaged. Also did the lipids because of my killer T cells were on the higher side that round. Husband was also doing injections of HCG. My regret was not being talked into the full IVF. If we would have had more eggs we would have had some other options.
Describe your experience with East Bay Fertility Center.
Very compassionate clinic. Dr Andrew is very smart, and caught a lot of our problems. I do wish we would have discussed the mini stimulatin IVF, verses regular IVF. It was our fault, but they were running a special with about $1500 off of the IVF packages.When I called to get an appointment, and was told about the special, and only had a few day left to get in on it. This is were I felt pressed into doing IVF before all was discussed ( pros and cons) . Also the genitic testing options weren't discussed, and neither was all the extra costs of IVF. I just wish they would have been more clear on those things. Maybe part of it was because it was done over the phone (in a hurry to still get the special) . If I had it to do over I would have made an appointment for in office instead of doing those things over the phone, even though we live 4 hours away.
$6500 mini stim IVF $1800 drugs Lipids $500 ish Nurses and anesthesiologist was around $500 the day of the retrieval
Describe Larry G Andrew's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at East Bay Fertility Center.
He only would do 2 transfers, I was fine with that.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
All of my procedures [with Dr. Larry Andrew] were done with time and care. I was never uncomfortable and I appreciated him walking me through each procedure and ultrasound. He was also very relatable when he shared about his own issues with infertility.... I was given something to calm me down during my embryo transfer and that was very helpful. I was also given antibiotics after the treatment to increase success rates.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
All of my procedures were done with time and care. I was never uncomfortable and I appreciated him walking me through each procedure and ultrasound. He was also very relatable when he shared about his own issues with infertility.
Have a flexible schedule. Many times you have to just take whatever appointment is available and it might not be the most convenient.
The entire staff at East Bay was extremely friendly and personable. I received multiple calls for the doctor to explain results in full detail and in a way that I could easily understand.
Extremely helpful and kind. They held my hand during procedures and ultrasounds. They also talked me down when I was stressed.
Describe your experience with East Bay Fertility Center.
Strengths: communication, friendly, knowledgeable Weakness: the office could be more organized. We received a paper for our first round of IVF that stated it would be $7250 and the doctor saw that and crossed it out saying that they had dropped the price to $6500. This was moments before we were about to pay in full.
Full IVF w/ ICSI was around $6500 not including medications. Frozen transfer was $2500
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Andrew is very down to business but also cheerful. He is extremely knowledgeable about his field! I had a little breakdown in his office once and he immediately showed such compassion and support. He also makes sure we always have a game plan for the future...I was put on Clomid and metformin for the first IUI. Another medication, Femarin I think, was added to the 2nd IUI. Progesterone was added to our 3rd IUI.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
Be straight up with him- if you want something done let him know and he will make it happen.
My schedule was pretty tight working as a teacher. The clinic has been amazing with working around my schedule and getting me in!
I have called her with questions and concerns so many times and she has always made them a priority!
Describe your experience with East Bay Fertility Center.
East Bays srengthd would be personal and cheerful staff, an amazing doctor, prompt appointments, very professional and has a family feel. Thr onky weakness that comes to mind is that it is a small practice- if you consider that a weakness. I think that contributes to their ability to take care of patients personally.
IUI was $350. Cervical dilation was $100 Ultrasounds were $150
IUI, 1 IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
I couldn't be more grateful for Dr. Andrew. I've always felt super welcomed and understood with any concerns and questions I had. He did help achieve our goal on having a baby and we are in the process to do it again! I've been to several other clinics and never was diagnosed with what Dr. Andrew found right away. I will always refer him to anyone and everyone I know stuggling with infertility! He's the best!
IUI, 1 IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
Trust the process. Have an open mind. Take a note book to take notes.
He was very genuine, kind and passionate about getting us pregnant!
I have mom brain and can't remember! :) all I remember is Menopur burns super bad and progesterone shots kill. haha.
Describe your experience with your nurse at East Bay Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Chante )
Loved Dr. Andrews staff. They continueously make me feel comfortable! They are genuine and truly care about you as a patient.
Describe your experience with East Bay Fertility Center.
They have the best Dr and team! The only weakness is sometimes it's hard to get ahold of the clinic. They are fantastic at returning your messages though!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at East Bay Fertility Center.
They absolutely worked with my schedule but also made it known when the crucial appointments should be done asap. I Appreciated this approach.
$7500 without meds. About $11,500 total for my complete IVF cycle.
He had a strong preference of transferring two at my age. Glad I did!
Provo
He [Dr. Larry Andrew] was friendly, but also straightforward. He was very good at relaying information and explaining everything that was going to happen. He was caring and sensitive, but also seemed very capable and confident in the best way to move forward... I saw Dr. Andrew at every appointment and felt like he actually cared about each patient instead of just passing them off to assistants. The entire atmosphere was friendlier and other patients opened up and became good friends with us.
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
He was friendly, but also straightforward. He was very good at relaying information and explaining everything that was going to happen. He was caring and sensitive, but also seemed very capable and confident in the best way to move forward.
The staff was very friendly, everyone knew my name every time I came in. They were familiar with my history, recognized my children (adopted). I saw Dr. Andrew at every appointment and felt like he actually cared about each patient instead of just passing them off to assistants. The entire atmosphere was friendlier and other patients opened up and became good friends with us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at East Bay Fertility Center.
They were all very friendly and felt like family. They were as excited as we were with our resulting pregnancy.
Describe your experience with East Bay Fertility Center.
Warm, friendly atmosphere. Everyone knew me by name. The waiting room felt warm and home like. Made friends with other patients. Loooved the embryologist, Dr. Chang. He was so personable and friendly.
Sooo much cheaper than any other fertility center we have seen. IVF was $6500 which was so reasonable and more affordable
2013 - 2015
The clinic is small with only Dr Andrews. He is a little socially akward but he makes up for it in other ways. His nurses were great...After or before every appointment he would meet with us in his office and ask if we had any questions and to make sure we had all the print outs to help us understand. We were very young and he didn't treat us like we were kids...Don't be afraid to ask him to explain something 2 or 3 times. He has a hard time dumbing things down...
2013 - 2015
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
The clinic is small with only Dr Andrews. He is a little socially akward but he makes up for it in other ways. His nurses were great. Make sure he has a ivf coordinator hired, and working. Or frozen cycle she haf gone on maternity leave and it did feel like it effected us negativily.
He helped us try to get my husband's sperm count up for an iui, but it wouldnt. We then tried 2 mini ivf cycles both canceled due to me responding poorly. Then we when to ivf with icsi with 2 eggs, one implanted and gave us our daughter. When tring for a sibling with our remaining eggs we put back two, but it ended in a chemical.
Describe your experience with East Bay Fertility Center.
Easy to get I to. Very affordable.
We paid 8500 for the whole ivf icsi cycle. Then about 2500 in meds ordering most from over seas. A lot more in the costs before but that's just because we tried a few options before ivf.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Larry Andrew made me feel that all would work out...He was very kind and he was also very informitive. I felt like I could ask him any of the questions I had. I went in feeling very worried and concerned...I took metformin to help with pcos. Also did one month of birth control (nuvaring). I did letrezol for days 3-9, 2 a day then he upped my dose to 3 a day for a couple of days. I did a trigger shot when we could see with an ultra sound that I had a mature enough egg.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
He was very kind and he was also very informitive. I felt like I could ask him any of the questions I had. I went in feeling very worried and concerned. Dr Larry Andrew made me feel that all would work out.
If you don’t understand things ask for a better explainatuon
I always felt welcomed and remembered.
They were very personable.
Describe your experience with East Bay Fertility Center.
They have a great clinic. It is very clean. You feel respected. Not like a number but a person. They answer any questions you have and don’t seem annoyed about it. This is so long and I still have to keep writing
I know every sperm analysis was $100. I believe an ultrasound was $150
2013
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
The nurses were great but Dr Andrews felt cold and didn't have great bedside manor. Felt like he did everything just because it was his job... They were fabulous, they are why we kept coming back each time. When I was lying on the exam table after just finding out my 10 week baby had died the nurse was there holding my hand, wiped away my sobbing tears and held me for a moment.
2013
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
We had to order our own medications and weren't given much information on how to do that or which places were best. The dr didn't talk it over with us the nurse just handed us a paper with some numbers on it and said to pick one. And like I said he wasn't very friendly, I felt that he wasn't towards me anyway.
Do your research to make sure he is who you want to use
First IVF 10-15k Frozen cycle about 7,500.00
He always suggested two embryos not more. Strongly urged not to do more than 2
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Andrews always took time to see me when we came to the office and answered my questions honestly. He discussed options and the best methods for success going forward after each negative. i could call at anytime and reach him or the nurse directly,...Dr. Andrew listened to my husband and I's concerns and answered candidly.... every member from the doctor to the front desk [East Bay Fertility] treats you like a human and understand that you are probably experiencing several emotions.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Larry G Andrew at East Bay Fertility Center?
Dr. Andrew listened to my husband and I's concerns and answered candidly.
Describe your experience with East Bay Fertility Center.
their staff. every member from the doctor to the front desk treats you like a human and understand that you are probably experiencing several emotions. they do not rush you, and you never feel like a number in their office.
This was by the most affordable in Utah