Medical SchoolSUNY
ResidencyGeorge Washington
FellowshipCornell
1305 York Avenue
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Glenn Schattman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
Male Factor, Other
He [Dr. Glenn Schlattman] explained everything when doing ultrasounds and answered all questions I had, including when I could start my next round after my current pregnancy. My only complaint is that when it looked like one of my babies wasn't doing as well as the other, he said it could go either way when in his notes, he wrote "likely resolution." I think I would have preferred having been toldhe wasn't going to make it because I spent 2 weeks hoping he'd catch up with his sister, which he never did and was pretty gutted when I learned I'd miscarried.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
As a doctor myself, I've always treated patients the way I want to be treated and I feel threat Dr. Schattman does the same. He explained everything when doing ultrasounds and answered all questions I had, including when I could start my next round after my current pregnancy. My only complaint is that when it looked like one of my babies wasn't doing as well as the other, he said it could go either way when in his notes, he wrote "likely resolution." I think I would have preferred having been toldhe wasn't going to make it because I spent 2 weeks hoping he'd catch up with his sister, which he never did and was pretty gutted when I learned I'd miscarried.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He talked to me like a person. He answered all questions I had as he would a colleague, asked about my weekend plans and was flexible when it came to me getting testing done. And he made jokes. Most importantly, my husband liked him and he usually hates doctors.
Describe the protocols Glenn Schattman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Menopur/gonal F and cetrotide with an hcg and leuprolide dual trigger. The egg transfer was frozen (due to possible polyp recurrence) and the FET cycle was natural. Then only progesterone suppositories for 6 weeks.
They called every day and always returned voice mails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strength: it's a well-oiled machine. They have their protocols and follow them to a T. They also tell you in advance what problems they have with insurance so you can get everything pre-authorized before you start. Weaknesses: it can get busy at times so either be prepared to come early or to wait.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
It was pretty well oiled, I think.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Only had to pay for copay and embryo freezing but my insurance does have an 18k cap so the next cycle will be out of pocket
Describe Glenn Schattman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
He preferred only one or two embryos at a time. Cornell itself gives a sheet on how many embryos to transfer based on age and if you're doing fresh or frozen.
Upper East Side
Dr. Schattman, while very busy, was always responsive when we reached out to him--and had a very concrete plan in place for me within 20 minutes of us meeting. He tailored my protocol to me, instead of just doing the same thing he does with every patient, which I appreciated... appointments go really quickly and Dr. Schattman will be in and out super quickly. He's not going to take 20 minutes to chit chat with you. if you have questions, make sure to have them ready to go when you see him.
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Come prepared with questions--appointments go really quickly and Dr. Schattman will be in and out super quickly. He's not going to take 20 minutes to chit chat with you. if you have questions, make sure to have them ready to go when you see him.
While Dr. Schattman has a ton of patients, he made a real effort to do my scans each morning, especially since we were from out of town. he answered all of my questions, even when rushed, and always called me back within 24 hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Shakira)
While I theoretically had a primary nurse, I spoke to someone different every other day. There was very little continuity in terms of my nurses, which was frustrating. If I left a message for a specific nurse, someone else would call me back. i felt like I had to stay on top of every detail b/c none of the nursing staff was consistent who I was dealing with.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is truly one of the best. They are efficient, they are friendly, they are professional and they get results. If you're looking for hand holding, this isn't the place to get it. The nursing staff is overwhelmed, so you have to be persistent. They don't use email, which can be really annoying if you have a quick question. I found the doctors to be cutting edge, thoughtful and very professional. I really appreciated that they don't take a one size fits all approach and tailored the protocol to me and my specific challenges. After seeing 2 other doctors at 2 other practices, Cornell was the only place where we ended up having success.
Monitoring appointments were surprisingly efficient--The earlier you arrive at Cornell, the faster you'll get through monitoring. Since we were cycling out of town, getting results from our DC clinic to NY seemed way more challenging than it should have been. But once we got to NY, everything ran pretty smoothly. I never had to wait more than 30 minutes or so in the morning, so getting to work on time was not an issue.
We paid out of pocket for this cycle--as we had maxed out our insurance allowance of 25K. The medication was around 5K plus another 13K for the IVF cycle (including monitoring, hospital fees, ICSI, embryo freezing). For our frozen transfer, we spent another 4K for the actual monitoring, medication plus an ERA which Dr. Schattman wanted us to do before the transfer.
Dr. Schattman allowed us to decide whether to transfer 1 vs. 2 embryos--he gave us the pros and cons and I appreciate that he gave us all the information we needed to make the decision.
Upper East Side
It is not a easy situation to go through but Dr Schattman's guidance made it as bearable as can be...really has a strong grasp of all different scenarios related to IUI/IVF. My husband would constantly ask questions regarding percentage chances of X and he would know the answer. He is very straightforward which I appreciated and he made us feel that he was there when we needed him - from being available for calls to making an effort to do our transfers when it wasnt his scheduled day in the hospital.
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Schattman was great and really has a strong grasp of all different scenarios related to IUI/IVF. My husband would constantly ask questions regarding percentage chances of X and he would know the answer. He is very straightforward which I appreciated and he made us feel that he was there when we needed him - from being available for calls to making an effort to do our transfers when it wasnt his scheduled day in the hospital. It is not a easy situation to go through but Dr Schattman's guidance made it as bearable as can be.
Come prepared with a list of questions and be ready to get straightforward answers
Dr Schattman was very sympathetic to the process. As we encountered bumps in the road he would always give the advice he would give as if it were his wife. Cornell can be tough to navigate given that it is such a large center for fertility patients but he told me that I could always reach out to him directly with any concerns/questions vs having to funnel it through one of the nurses.
This may not be a fair review as they were undergoing some changes to nursing staff while I was there. The initial nurse that I was assigned to was great - super responsive and knew her stuff. While the changes were occurring, there were a pool of nurses that would be in touch that were a bit challenging as they didnt always know my history and I didnt feel they were as knowledgeable as the nurse I previously worked with. I shared my concerns with Dr. Schattman and he had me funnel most of my questions to him due to this.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is definitely packed and can sometimes be challenging but I do believe there is a reason that all of these people are there. I researched a few other clinics before choosing Cornell as it felt clean, the people that worked there were nice and they knew what they were doing. I would recommend getting there as early as possible to beat the rush - otherwise you will end up sitting there for awhile!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Schattman was very professional. He got to the point and was transparent, which I greatly appreciated. Although he was rather impersonal, he was kind and I trusted that he was giving me honest and sound information based on my particular circumstances. He was conscientious about my comfort during procedures....Based on my experience, he gets right to the point and doesn't oversaturate you with info... I had a consultation with Dr. Schattman, who looked over my medical records, ordered bloodwork and did an HSG the same week.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I saw Dr. Schattman based on a friend's recommendation. I had had a bad experience with a previous clinic in that I never was able to get a clear answer about what my tests indicated about my prognosis, unfortunately trusting that they had my best interest in mind. I had a consultation with Dr. Schattman, who looked over my medical records, ordered bloodwork and did an HSG the same week. He clearly and promptly explained the results and his advie about how to proceed with achieving pregnancy. I appreciated how quick and clear he was. In less than a week I had all the information I needed to make an informed decision that put my mind at ease, unlike the previous clinic that strung me along (taking thousands of dollars for worthless procedures). Dr. Schattman will have your best interest in mind.
Make sure you ask questions. Based on my experience, he gets right to the point and doesn't oversaturate you with info, so if you are curious about something you have to ask on your own.
I only had bloodwork and an HSG. IVF was recommended but I chose not to proceed.
They were professional and returned calls in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I liked the clinic and waiting area. It was clean and calm. I did not have any monitoring done so I cannot speak to what that experience is like. Everyone was efficient and I felt they were competent, which put me at ease.
I paid out of pocket for all expenses. $750 for consulation and ultrasound. $1000 for HSG. Awaiting a bill for bloodwork but expect it to be about $500.
2014 - 2017
He's [Dr. Schattmann] a good guy. He gives us his honest opinion even when not in his financial best interest. Answers all questions no matter how small. Understands the emotional impact of it all. Willing to customize a plan to your situation and adjust. Delivers bad new honestly without hiding it hasn't given us false hope...Don't expect to see him every time prepare to see and talk to mostly staff it's just how that clinic works.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We're still in treatment so can't really fully answer til done. Despite 4 miscarriages in one year we've not considered switching doctors so that should say something that we still trust him. He seems like a top doctor, an expert - and a human being - which is the ideal combination in this profession I think. He won't do unnecessary interventions so if he says x is worth the $ it probably is and if not he'll tell you.
Don't expect to see him every time prepare to see and talk to mostly staff it's just how that clinic works. If at any point you're not clear on something just call the nurse and tell them. Sometimes they assume you understand when you don't just have to speak up.
He's a good guy. He gives us his honest opinion even when not in his financial best interest. Answers all questions no matter how small. Understands the emotional impact of it all. Willing to customize a plan to your situation and adjust. Delivers bad new honestly without hiding it hasn't given us false hope.
We used a combo of follistim, menopur - then added ganirelix for a few days and triggered with a combo of hcg and Lupron (one night only). He did the retrieval himself which produced 19 eggs (in a 40 year old!) and 6 usable day 5 blasts. Only thing I feel they could have better prepared me for was the bloat getting worse post retrieval otherwise quite thorough. Also did one natural drug free frozen transfer since then- transferred one embryo which worked but ended in an 8 week miscarriage. I was grateful they were willing to do a drug free transfer and totally natural. Much easier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
The nurses are great you can call them anytime with any questions. Hannah talked to me many times when I had bad news and patiently answered a million questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: excellent care, patient needs first- felt like decisions and recommendations were based on what was best for me medically and not what would line their pockets or skew their results as other clinics might. Other strength is I love that all blood test results are same day and I never waited too long there. Cons: honestly biggest con is cost. It's a fortune.
All monitoring is 630-830 am and I was told the afternoon before whether to come in next day so that's a pain schedule wise but they tell you that in advance. But you're not waiting long. It can feel impersonal because it's a well oiled machine with so many women but they manage it very professionally
Insane. $20k for one round of ivf when you add up cost for ivf, icsi, sounding, and meds. $5k for each natural frozen cycle. Pgs was over $6k so we declined.
He much prefers eSET unless good reason for more- which I agree with. That said he's not one size fits all and will give you a reco with rationale rooted in your personal situation which I like.
Upper East Side
He [Dr. Schattman] always addressed all of my questions, made an effort to be available for as many monitoring appts as possible and called with important news related to my retrievals. Also, when I did ultimately have a miscarriage- he was unbelievable compassionate, present and kind to me throughout the whole ordeal...He always exudes confidence in his approach and a gentle optimism that is so important during this stressful time. During the good news, he was as excited as we were... and during the bad news, we felt as though he was in it with us as well.
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I trust him. He always exudes confidence in his approach and a gentle optimism that is so important during this stressful time. During the good news, he was as excited as we were... and during the bad news, we felt as though he was in it with us as well. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor and know he wants the same outcome we do.
Ask questions! The visits move quickly and I needed to write down my questions as a mental reminder to ask before he leaves...
He always addressed all of my questions, made an effort to be available for as many monitoring appts as possible and called with important news related to my retrievals. Also, when I did ultimately have a miscarriage- he was unbelievable compassionate, present and kind to me throughout the whole ordeal.
IVF- We used estrogen priming, followed by Menopur 150, Follistim 300 + ganirelix added during the cycle. With my diagnosis being diminished ovarian reserve, we only got 5 eggs of which all were mature but only 4 fertilized (via ICSI). 2 were implanted on day 3, none made it to freeze. We ultimately had a positive pregnancy test with 1 yolk sac, but unfortunately had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. Our next cycle is in the works and we are not sure of the protocol yet.
Hannah was great. She called at the same time every day with results. Just like with Dr. Schattman, ask questions- because the phone calls are quick and before you know it you are off the phone and forgot to ask!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Billing is the weakness... lots of billing mistakes, endless phone calls. Otherwise, the team is amazing.
Come early.... It's a well-oiled machine. The earlier you get there the less wait there is. It's extremely organized.
My insurance covered 90% of fertility treatments up to $20,000. They are very up front with the costs of each procedure so it is easy to anticipate our out of pocket costs.
He wants you to have a healthy baby. We came up with a plan together on how to proceed.
Upper East Side
We had a great experience with Dr. Schattman. He can be quite direct and blunt, but we appreciated the honesty and felt like he always managed our expectations. He is extremely confident in the answers he gave us and we always felt like we were in good hands. Not only did we appreciate his expertise, but also his compassion. He tried his best to empathize with us during difficult times and join in the laughter in happy moments.
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I might not recommend Dr. Schattman to someone that needs a lot of emotional support and hand holding throughout the process. Sometimes the odds are not great and he does not shy away from the truth and explains the myriad ways things can go wrong.
Dr. Schattman is very direct and takes time to explain the various procedures, treatments, etc. That said, monitoring hours are not long and he has many patients so the appointments are kept brief and to the point. When we suffered our miscarriage, however, he was delicate and took extra time with us to discuss next steps. He also wanted to make sure he was present for all procedures pertaining to the miscarriage which made us feel like he really took ownership of the process.
We first did a priming cycle using estrogen patches (to repress activity in the hopes that it would help stimulate for the following month). On day 2 of the following cycle I began IVF injections. For 4 days I took 150IU Menopur and150IU Gonal F. On the 5th day we added a Ganirelix injection (to make sure one egg did not become overly dominant and cause ovulation) and that continued through the 9th day. On the 10th day of injections (Day 11 of my cycle) I took 40 units of Lupron and 5,000 units of HCG (to ensure ovulation). The egg retrieval took place on day 13. 21 eggs were collected, 15 of those were mature and all 15 were successfully fertilized with ICSI (ICSI aids in the fertilization process and often produces better results than just laying the sperm on the eggs). We then waited 5 days to see how many embryos survived so we could send them in for PGS testing. It is necessary to wait until the embryos grow to a certain amount of cells so they can be biopsied. We then waited 2 weeks for the PGS results (1 out of 12 embryos can back unaffected with out genetic issue). On my next cycle Dr. Schattman did a natural frozen embryo transfer, he explained that in the absence of any other fertility issues natural transfers tend to have the best odds. I had a positive pregnancy test 6 days after my transfer which resulted in one live birth of a healthy baby boy. My egg retri
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah Murtaugh)
Hannah was amazing. She took so much time to explain the medication schedule and protocols. She also sat down with me and helped me make a detailed calendar of what would happen and when (these were obviously approximations but it was so nice to have some idea of the schedule ahead of time). This is a very overwhelming process the first time and she absolutely made it more manageable.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell is a very busy place which can be both good and bad. I found walking in and seeing at least 50 other women waiting for monitoring in the morning almost comforting, makes you feel like you are not alone in what can be a very lonely process. That said, you can wait a long time for blood work and monitoring if you do not get there early, my advice would be to get there right away. I found the receptionists to mostly be friendly and helpful, no major complaints.
Monitoring at Cornell is very busy. If you get there right when it opens you can usually be in and out in 20 minutes. If you get there towards the end you can wait for upwards of an hour. That said, they are upfront about this and encourage people to get there early. Once you are seen everything runs smoothly.
IVF with ICSI, PGS testing and the frozen embryo transfer totaled about $35,000.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr Schattman always made it a point to call with big results and patiently walked through information and asked if I had any questions. I felt taken care of and that someone was thinking ahead about my cycle...He first started with an ultrasound and found that I had many follicles. He knew that it would probably be likely we would get a sufficient amount of eggs during retrieval. He also knew I had become pregnant naturally 3 times in the previous year. So he prescribed the lowest dosage of injectables for my protocol and a natural transfer, which was successful, I am now 15 weeks pregnant...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I mentioned in a previous response. I felt like Dr Schattman knew right from the start what protocol I should have, and he was always in control of what is next. He set my mind at ease after 3 miscarriages and having zero control over my care.
Make sure you use your time with him wisely, have your questions prepared.
Although there were always many many patients in the waiting room at Cornell every time I went there, I felt like they were always doing their best to be successful. Dr Schattman always made it a point to call with big results and patiently walked through information and asked if I had any questions. I felt taken care of and that someone was thinking ahead about my cycle.
Some weeks I spoke with Hannah every day. She was amazing and would call daily at the same time with my blood or ultrasound results or drug instructions. I felt comfortable with Hannah and felt like she cared about me.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is an amazing clinic. I have heard they "take everybody" - and I think that's why they are very good at what they do, because they take the hardest cases. Their team was very supportive and organized. The see A LOT of patients so that would be the only thing that can be intimidating to someone. But I always felt comfortable there.
Most of our costs were covered by insurance. We paid an initial visit cost of $40 and $5,000 for PGS.
2012 - 2016
After the miscarriage (result of IUI #3), [Dr Schattman] was both compassionate and matter of fact. He personally did the IUI for attempt #5, and that is the one that resulted in our daughter. We had been working with him for a year before we got to IUI #5 and he understood our disappointment that it took so long. He also explained the science (especially what we saw in the sonograms which I greatly appreciated!)
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
See "why I think he treated us like humans". He is kind without being patronizing. He specializes in helping women post-cancer and genuinely seems to appreciate that the tock is clicking and we want results fast, but balances that with the idea of starting with the least invasive (so, least expensive and least risky) treatment first. He helped us set limits upfront. Do we want 6 rounds of IUI before starting hormones? How comfortable are we with multiples? Etc. He also seems really good at timing the treatments to the specific 18 (?)-hour window when it's most likely to work.
Do your research on treatment types first then bring your ideas and questions to him - he's brilliant and it's good to have some background first. We read articles on "it's conceivable now" website and talked with another lesbIn couple first (who wished they had chosen Cornell Weill instead of Columbia, by the way)!
Dr. S. Talks with us about our broader lives... Podcasts we like, ski trips, our marital status (this changed a lot as we worked with Dr. both pre- and post-DOMA's overturning, so we had lots of questions as a somewhat-recognized-married-couple. After the miscarriage (result of IUI #3), Dr. S. was both compassionate and matter of fact. He personally did the IUI for attempt #5, and that is the one that resulted in our daughter. We had been working with him for a year before we got to IUI #5 and he understood our disappointment that it took so long. He also explained the science (especially what we saw in the sonograms which I greatly appreciated!)
Some surgery to remove fibroids. Then We used IUI with donor sperm. 3 tries to get pregnant over the course of 6 months (timing is tricky!!). Miscarriage at 12 weeks. Then 3 months of not trying while we regrouped. Then 2 rounds of IUI again and that 5th time worked!
They were fine. Gave us privacy as a couple without us having to ask for it. Did the bloodwork very efficiently. Remembered us (big deal in a huge clinic like this!)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Una!!!! Maybe her role is "care coordinator," or administrator. She has forms that tell us expected costs (even for procedures we're not currently considering) and how to navigate with insurance companies. She is thoughtful about scheduling, so we get as much as possible out of each visit. And she returns phone calls promptly. She is awesome.
IUI Is $690 per cycle (including sperm wash) excluding sperm, sperm storage, labs, ultrasound and monitoring. Not sure about other surgeries (to remove fibroids) /tests/consultations/ labs/ meds. We received a fee schedule for the procedures, but I wish we knew what the blood work, sonograms and monitoring cost. Most likely insurance will pay $0 but it's been a nightmare trying to get Cigna then Aetna and now Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield to confirm/deny what is even covered let alone the cost to us. Una helps us through all of this.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
We moved forward with another retrieval and he [Dr. Schattman] switched the protocol and we nearly doubled the amount of eggs we were able to retrieve...He listened to me and understood what we were trying to achieve and came up with the best course of action to achieve it...I do wish that he spoke in more laymans terms as it was sometimes hard to follow what he was saying.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt like Dr. Schattman always had my best interest at heart. He listened to me and understood what we were trying to achieve and came up with the best course of action to achieve it. He was patient and kind and very prompt with his responses. I do wish that he spoke in more laymans terms as it was sometimes hard to follow what he was saying. Sometimes I would need to call back and have him explain what he said again but he always did so. He tried to be there for most of my appointments and did end up doing my second retrieval. We felt more confident having him do it than another doctor.
Ask about all your options and try to fully understand them. As clearly as you can, explain your objective to him and try to give suggestions of what you'd like to do. He will try to accommodate you as long as he agrees that it could work. I wanted to be very proactive and move quickly and had suggestions of how I thought we could do that -- he listened to me and then formulated a plan of how we could accomplish what i wanted.
Dr. Schattman was very involved in my case from the get-go. He took ample time to sit and explain thing to me and my husband. He was readily available whenever we had questions. My first retrieval was not as successful as we or he wanted it to be and he was very honest about that. He was candid in saying that he was disappointed and thought we could do better with a stronger protocol. I appreciated that he didn't sugarcoat or tell me that this was the best we could do. We moved forward with another retrieval and he switched the protocol and we nearly doubled the amount of eggs we were able to retrieve and quadrupled the amount of embryos we were able to create.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Fricke)
She was kind, committed, thoughtful, easy-going, and empathetic
Upper East Side
I think Dr. Schattman is a good doctor. He is straight forward, he moves fast and it can be hard to keep up. Be prepared with your questions. I believe Dr. Schattman cares about his patients and tries for the best possible outcomes. Overall, good doctor though he can be hard to reach. He does not email so getting him on the phone is a challenge...I was a slow responder to IVF. I produced 11 eggs, 9 of which fertilized but was on drugs for 15-16 days. The embryo quality was poor. I transferred 2 day 3 embryos and the rest didn't make it to blast stage.
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Schattman is very knowledgeable and cares about his patients. You can see him for morning monitoring on specific days if you go to the UES location. Appointments are generally quick and there isn't much time for chit chat - so come prepared with your questions. I am still a patient of Dr. Schattman's and am hoping my next course of treatment is successful.
Be your own advocate no matter who your doctor is.
Hannah is great. She always responded quickly and was a great resource during the process.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Great lab. Pricing seems high and billing is invoiced differently compared to my previous clinic. The front desk assistants are horribly unhelpful and I have to say the same for the billing department. I found the approvals team to offer the most assistance and by far were the most pleasant on the admin side
15k+
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Schattman] was very direct and to the point. He was not a hand holder but I was not looking for that in my doctor. He made me aware of every step we were taking and how the process would work. I felt comfortable with every step we took knowing he had my best interest in mind. We kept my doses low and slow and he seemed confident in his decision the entire time.... I felt the process was taking longer then it should’ve but he seemed to know the exact right moment for the trigger and played around with dosages to receive the results he was looking for.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He was very direct and to the point. He was not a hand holder but I was not looking for that in my doctor. He made me aware of every step we were taking and how the process would work. I felt comfortable with every step we took knowing he had my best interest in mind. We kept my doses low and slow and he seemed confident in his decision the entire time.
Do not expect a hand holder but know you can put the utmost confidence in him.
He was always quick and efficient which could make you feel like a number but if I ever had questions he did take his time to answer them which made me feel like a human
He kept my doses low and slow so there was never an issue with over stimulation. I felt the process was taking longer then it should’ve but he seemed to know the exact right moment for the trigger and played around with dosages to receive the results he was looking for.
The staff was efficient. It did seem a bit like a factory, constantly seeing a different nurse every time you came.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
You do feel like a number in this practice but that did not bother me. I felt they were efficient and organized and I did not need my hand held. One thing I did not love is that even if you are with a specific dr if he is not on call when it is time for a retrieval or transfer another dr in the practice will do it. I had a dr I had never met do my transfer which was alittle unsettling to me.
There was a time window for monitoring. You would then be called in the order in which you checked in.
He was only willing to put in 1 embryo as my age is young and it was our first transfer.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
Dr Schattman has been very involved in my trying to get pregnant. He was able to diagnose my reoccurring miscarriages and set a course of treatment for my body to get back in shape to even house a pregnancy. He is very statistics driven and by the numbers but he delivers the news wirh kindness and optimism.... He also only performs surgeries on Tuesday but he’ll awlays fit you in. He’s a superhero.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He an incredibly trustworthy doctor. He specializes in Fallopian tube surgery which is why I originally sought him out. He’s performed two surgeries with me and he was too notch both times. We are currently working through a fertility treatment now.
Go in informed and with your questions ready go fire off. Your visits with him are very quick and to the point. He runs a back to back kind of day. He also only performs surgeries on Tuesday but he’ll awlays fit you in. He’s a superhero.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It’s a bit of a factory and you really need fo advocate for yourself. However you are getting top care in NYC. You have to stay on top of the staff to ensure you are following the right protocol. I’d double and triple check and if they mess up they are apologetic.
We are currently working through what the future holds. Our insurance currently covers 80/20 but we have paid thousands out of pocket.
Very important to do just one. He is highly against multiples at least for my case. I already have one child through natural child birth.
Upper East Side
He [Dr. Schattman] was the most amazing sweetest caring doctor. When i had a miscarriage he was just as devastated as I was...He was with you throughout the process, actually caring for your best interest and just an amazing doctor. I cannot say enough good things about what an amazing Doctor he is. ...my first cycle was a fresh cycle, transfer at day 3 of 2 embryos- didn't work. My second was a frozen on a natural cycle and it worked but no heart beat at 8 weeks. Had a D&C and then testing in November. STarted a new retrieval in January and did retrieval on 2-1 then a "scraping" on 2-7
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He was with you throughout the process, actually caring for your best interest and just an amazing doctor. I cannot say enough good things about what an amazing Doctor he is. I still keep in touch with him and my babies are 3 months old! Warrior
Trust the process, he knows what he is doing, if he suggests waiting or doing a test, trust him.
He was the most amazing sweetest caring doctor. When i had a miscarriage he was just as devastated as I was.
my first cycle was a fresh cycle, transfer at day 3 of 2 embryos- didn't work. My second was a frozen on a natural cycle and it worked but no heart beat at 8 weeks. Had a D&C and then testing in November. STarted a new retrieval in January and did retrieval on 2-1 then a "scraping" on 2-7. The embryos were transferred on a frozen natural cycle and it worked!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They are caring and extremely attentive. I always went in super early to avoid the line. Sometimes the wait is pretty long no matter what you do. the financial staff is a little rude but everyone else is great.
I dontknow
multiple embryo transfer- we transferred 2 after many failed attempts and have twins!
Upper East Side
[Dr. Glenn Schattman] Very smart, experienced, competent; knows the math, risks, and what's happening in the research and the space. A bit over-efficient at times and sometimes a bit too "trust me I'm a doctor"- like. Took extra time to deal with us and make himself available after hours, as well as do specific procedures himself...Very communicative, professional, good listener...Dr. Schattman had to step in and clarify several times.
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If you feel like you need extra care, information, or to slow him down - make sure you say so. He will oblige.
Very communicative, professional, good listener.
Don't recall
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Turned over nursing staff; replacements were not great or consistent after the original nurse left. They contradicted each other in terms of information and communication, and Dr. Schattman had to step in and clarify several times.
Relatively efficient if you got there early; otherwise could be a long wait.
$10.5k for retrieval cycle
Strongly preferred a single embryo due to risks for advanced maternal age and maternal / baby health
2013 - 2014
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I felt that he had compassion, but most importantly he knew what he was doing. After first transfer he saw that my embryos were not strong so he was pretty adamant that I do genetic testing in order to find the right embryo. He was so right on that... Listen to what he tells you. Even if it might cost more money to do what is needed in the end it will be worth it.
2013 - 2014
Other, Prefer not to answer
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt that he had compassion, but most importantly he knew what he was doing. After first transfer he saw that my embryos were not strong so he was pretty adamant that I do genetic testing in order to find the right embryo. He was so right on that I needed to do this because out of all the embryos I only had 1 that was genetically good.
Nursing staff was amazing. Always called back and took time answering questions. Doctors also took time to answer questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah )
My husband would call her with a ton of questions and although she must have been busy she always stayed on the phone to talk to him. Never rushed him off and was so kind!!
I don't live in city so that was the difficult part. The sonos and blood work had to be done early in morning. But they were so organized and I never felt I had to wait too long even though there were hundred of woman there
2013 - 2016
Dr. Schattman treated me with respect and kindness. He made sure to scan me every morning as he knew I was Only there for him. He went ahead and was there for both my transfer and retrieval. My only issue was that he did not take my complaints of pelvic pain seriously and I need to have surgery with my gynecologist months after my chemical pregnancy...Get there early and be honest with him about your expectations...
2013 - 2016
How was your experience with Glenn Schattman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Schattman treated me with respect and kindness. He made sure to scan me every morning as he knew I was Only there for him. He went ahead and was there for both my transfer and retrieval . My only issue was that he did not take my complaints of pelvic pain seriously and I need to have surgery with my gynecologist months after my chemical pregnancy
Get there early and be honest with him about your expectations
He always treated me with kindness
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Front desk unprofessional and billing department was rude and unhelpful
Covered by insurance
2004 - 2011
Cares a lot but is not nurturing in personality. I was touched that he made sure to do all of my transfers after the first one he did which resulted in my first pregnancy. Zzzxxxxxxxxxzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcccccccccccccccccccccccccccvvvvvvvvv
2004 - 2011