Nurse available by email
1725 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Glenn Weitzman to a friend?

4.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nashville Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Weitzman is a very straight forward doctor. He's a no BS person, which if you have thick skin, you'll be just fine. If you're looking for compassion, he's not your guy. He doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to changes you or your spouse need to make (losing weight, etc). With his candid nature, he gives you straight forward answers of the likelihood of success with different treatment options. He will not put you through a treatment option he doesn't feel will work.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Be patient and have thick skin.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
With every visit, my husband and I have spent no less than 1.5 hours at the office. Our initial consult, we were there for 4 hours (on Christmas Eve!). You definitely need to be prepared to block off half your day to go see him.
Describe the protocols Glenn Weitzman used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
When my husband and I went for our initial consult, I was told to try a 2nd round of clomid (my gyno had me on it the previous month). We had only tested my husband's sperm once (through his GP) and he had been put on an antibiotic to clear up what he thought was an infection. Dr. Weitzman requested my husband be off his antibiotics for 3-4 weeks and to be retested. Once we did that, we were told to come back for another consult. Based on my husband's 2 sperm counts, we were told we could see a urologist (if we wanted) or he would highly recommend going straight to sperm freezing and IVF do to a high FSH level in my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Sporck)
I have not personally dealt with Andrea just yet. However, I have had major issues getting test results back on time. Every test we've done through the center, we've been told we would know results same day or next day. My husband or I would have to call, and every time we would have to wait days to get those results. After we received the last sperm analysis results, one of the staff members made it seem very promising that we could easily treat my husband's high FSH level. However, once we were told we had a game plan, we were told our only option was sperm freezing and IVF. It was a huge shock to get that news after how the test results were presented on the phone.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Check in and appointment scheduling is seamless and painless. That's about the best I have to say about the clinic's strengths. The wait time for every appointment is excruciatingly long. Once you're finally taken to a room, you sit and wait even longer on a nurse or doctor to come in. If you've got time to waste, I would recommend them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center.
So far, we've only paid co-pays and sperm analysis test fees. The sperm analysis was approx $20 more than it was through my husband's GP.
Describe Glenn Weitzman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
My person preference would be multiple embryo transfer. Dr. Weitzman doesn't do multiple embryo transfer. This is a concern of mine, and my husband and I are weighing our options for what the next step is (moving forward with Dr. Weitzman or finding another doctor).
Murfreesboro

At times when I was more emotional, for example after our first transfer failed, I felt like he [Dr. Glenn Weitzman] was flippant and disregarded my feelings. At other times, like during consultations, he seemed annoyed if I tried to ask questions and disinclined to explain things in detail. He never reviewed our chart before we spoke with him and tended to keep the conversations as brief as possible. He also ran late several times.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
I think Dr Weitzman is a competent doctor and knows what he's doing. He wasn't a great fit for me because I need someone more compassionate, understanding, and willing to see me and the stuff I'm going through. I'm paying a LOT of money and going through a lot of emotional turmoil and would appreciate a reciprocal effort to at least see me as a patient, not a number.
That he's a good doctor but expect to do a lot of research on your own, look out for your own best interests, and to not see a lot of compassion or warm fuzzies. He'll puts some pressure on things like PGS and other tests so if you don't do your research, you may perceive what he's saying as a requirement of the treatment plan, not an option.
At times when I was more emotional, for example after our first transfer failed, I felt like he was flippant and disregarded my feelings. At other times, like during consultations, he seemed annoyed if I tried to ask questions and disinclined to explain things in detail. He never reviewed our chart before we spoke with him and tended to keep the conversations as brief as possible. He also ran late several times.
For egg retrieval, I started on birth control, then did Gonal-F (dosage varied), HCG (only 10 units for a few days), and Lupron (I think 10 or 20 units?). I don't remember what my trigger shot was. I had close to 50 follicles and they waited an extra day or two past what my monitoring doctor said they would have done. A different doctor (Dr Hill) did my actual egg retrieval and they got 30 eggs, 25 of which were mature. We used ICSI on 12 eggs and froze the other 13. We got 5 embryos but only 4 survived the freezing process. For transfer, I asked to skip the birth control, which they agreed to and used an OPK instead. I did two estrogen patches (.01 mg) every other day for like a week and a half, then up to 3 patches, then 4. 10 units of Lupron every morning. Then about a week and a half or two weeks out from transfer started 2mL PIO once a day, which I would have continued but the first failed and the second was a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Sprock)
Andie is awesome! She let a few things fall through the cracks and I definitely still need to be my own advocate and keep track of everything in great detail, but I have no complaints about her. The entire nursing staff there is awesome and I never had a bad experience with any of them!
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
They're really good at what they do! The facility leaves something to be desired but the staff is all super competent. The billing department is no fun to talk to and makes everything kinda difficult, but the nursing staff is wonderful. They apparently have excellent success rates and it's clear this is their specialty. I'd say they could do a better job at being compassionate and understanding across the board, but they're a great clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Nashville Fertility Center.
I did my monitoring at a different doctor's office because we live in Knoxville and the center is in Nashville
In total, we've spent about $30,000
This was another thing that was frustrating - Dr Weitzman absolutely refused to transfer more than 1 embryo, which I understand, but was, in my opinion, condescending in his explanation as to why and flippant as to my reasons for wanting to transfer two.
Nashville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center.

Other, Unexplained
Even though Dr. Weitzmann was not very empathetic, he was very honest and answered all of my questions to the best of his ability. I never felt rushed. I felt like my process mattered and we were working together to create a baby for my family.... Dr. Weitzman did my cyst removal and was great during the procedure and made me feel confident that everything was ok. He also met with me after my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy and went over what went wrong.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is extremely experienced in the fertility field and relies heavily on his experience. He is confident in his assements and gave me confidence that the process would be successful. Dr. Weitzman did my cyst removal and was great during the procedure and made me feel confident that everything was ok. He also met with me after my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy and went over what went wrong. It would have been nice to have him do all of my procedures but he is very busy!
Dr. Weitzman is not very touchy feely. He does though answer all of your questions and will be on your side through the process.
Even though Dr. Weitzmann was not very empathetic, he was very honest and answered all of my questions to the best of his ability. I never felt rushed. I felt like my process mattered and we were working together to create a baby for my family. I have felt supported by him and his nurse and the staff at NFC through the whole process. We have gone through one retrieval and two transfers with no success and are starting a second retrieval with hopes of a different outcome and I feel like Dr. Weitzman is on the same page as my husband and I.
I first did three IUI cycles with no success. I then had a cyst removed and had a hysteroscopy. I then started IVF. For the retrieval, I took Follistim (225 units) and Menopur (75 units). I also used Ganirelix and did a Lupron trigger. For the transfers, I used progesterone in oil (1-2mL's a day) and estradiol (0.1mL twice a week). For the retrieval, I got 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 3 embryos and 2 were PGS tested normal. The first female embryo implanted but died at ~6 weeks because the embryo was tetraploidy (4 sets of chromosomes). I had a D&C to find that out. The second male embryo implanted but ended in a chemical pregnancy. We do not know what happened - whether is was the embryo or if my week long flu/cold affected the pregnancy. Because of my good response to the retrieval the first time, we are using that same protocol for the next retrieval. I am on birth control now! Wish me luck!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andie Sporck)
I love my IVF nurse. She is amazing. She is always on top of everything. If I have a question, she responds quickly. She is also helpful with getting me help with the bills or discounts if needed. When our transfers didn't work, I felt a little like I let her down! I felt her disappointment too which was comforting. And if she is not available, the other nurses have been just as helpful and warm and caring. I love the whole nursing staff at NFC.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Some people feel that NFC is about numbers but I do not feel that way. The nurse staff and admin staff have always helped me with whatever issue I have had. If they do not know the answer, they seek it out and put me with someone who does know the answer. Once I had to pick up my stepdaughter at a certain time and the front desk staff helped to get me in just in time to get my blood drawn so I could make it. NFC is expensive however. The billing department is thorough and if there is an overcharge or insurance payment, you will get money back but it is still alot of money! We won't be able to try again if this round does not work but I have faith that they will do their best to help me have a healthy baby.
With everything for the last cycle which includes medications and one transfer, it was $20,000
Dr. Weitzman and the clinic only want to implant one PGS tested embryo. They are very against multiple births because of the risks involved.
Nashville

We were put on femera because I did not respond well to clomid. Dr weitzman decided femera would be a better choice. (And it was!) We did timed intercourse unsuccessfully and he decided we should do the iui. The first 2 were unsuccessful .... the problem being I was not successfully ovulating. We did 3 iui’s and the third one was successful. He was very compassionate but to the point with his advice on next steps.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman was wonderful to work with. He was compassionate and got to the point all at the same time. What stuck out the most to me was after my sweet daughter was born dr. Weitzman called me to check on ya personally. He called and asked so many questions and was genuinely happy for us as a new family. That is my favorite memory of our experience with him.
Be proactive and take notes of the important things to do!
Everyone we came in contact with was so kind and professional all at the same time. They treated you with respect and kindness through every step.
The nursing staff was always so friendly and wonderful to visit with while going through something prettt uncomfortable. They were kind and always remembered us personally (or acted like it even if they didn’t! )
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Be organized and be proactive for your own health! The doctors and nurses are wonderful even down to the front desk staff!! They were always friendly, kind, and happy to talk with. My advice would be to stand your ground and don’t be Afraid to stand up for what you think. This is your body and your money and you have a say in every situation.
$2500 for the last iui (that worked) including shots, meds, procedure, labs, visits The other cycles costed about $1500 each time.
Nashville

The doctor [Dr Weitzman] did listen to our concerns, but as previously mentioned, there never seemed to be any kind of connection. He did order certain types of blood tests, but they don't seem to bother with some testing that should be important. We only met with him one time and while he answered questions, it also seemed like he was rushing us to make a decision to go straight to IVF or do IUI.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
The doctor did listen to our concerns, but as previously mentioned, there never seemed to be any kind of connection. He did order certain types of blood tests, but they don't seem to bother with some testing that should be important. We only met with him one time and while he answered questions, it also seemed like he was rushing us to make a decision to go straight to IVF or do IUI. Definitely felt like they were in it for the money instead of feeling like there was some type of compassion there. We also had to speak to nurses all the time and all communication was through the nurse, which is probably common, but quite frustrating when the whole process is confusing.
Be prepared with questions that you want to know and do not be afraid to ask for testing you want done. Don't expect a touchy feely relationship. If he won't do it, find another doctor. Unfortunately, there aren't many places in Nashville to go to.
I felt like a number because they do have to have a process and order to everything so there are no mixups. While I understand this, I felt like they shuffled you through all the stops during the appointment with no real interaction. The doctor seemed to have no emotion while speaking with us and most of the time we had to ask 20 questions about things when they should have been explained.
I wasn't truly diagnosed with anything, although I had mild endometriosis, which I knew from my gynecologist. He basically said I was old at 38. I had three IUIs with Femara to stimulate more follicles. I never had a problem ovulating, but they wanted more eggs to be there. On Day 12 I had an ultrasound to see how many follicles I had, which were all measured and then I was given an Ovidrel trigger shot. I never felt that the shot worked for me as I ovulated later than the 12-24 hours they claimed and I knew this because I was taking my BBT temperatures. Nothing was ever changed in my protocol. The next day I would have my IUI and then I was to call the office after waiting two weeks to say whether it was positive or negative.
I never knew their names and they had about 3 or 4 nurses that I would deal with. They usually were nice. There was one nurse that seemed new and she seemed rude with her comments. I would receive phone calls within the hour after I left a message, which didn't bother me.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is organized and they usually do well with getting you in around your appointment time. The nurses/nurse practitioners that handled the IUIs were nice and helped you feel at ease. There should be better communication about the treatments and what to expect. You do become a pro after the first time but that is because you figure it out.
Drugs were paid for separately and for Femara and Ovidrel it was $185 for that out of pocket. I had no fertility insurance coverage. With just the ultrasound and IUI, it was around $800. The doctor's visit was around $485. To get a saline ultrasound of the uterus, it would have been around $700 out of pocket.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Weitzman has been a great doctor throughout this process. He is very blunt, which took some time to get used to. However, I really appreciate his approach. He doesn’t sugarcoat anything, but gives you all the facts and why he comes to his final decision.... Based on endometriosis and DOR I will be on a micro dose of injectionable medications.... He isn’t forthcoming in all the details that you might care about, so come with questions if you want them answered.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Come with questions prepared. He isn’t forthcoming in all the details that you might care about, so come with questions if you want them answered.
Every patient has a unique situation and each and every time I have interaction with the clinic, my treatment and consultations are personalized to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andy)
Andy is the best! She is very compassionate and very patient. She answers all my questions and returns all my phone calls and emails.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
You can’t speak with someone directly. You have to leave a message and wait for someone to call you back. They call back within the day if you call before late afternoon, but it would be nice to speak with someone directly.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
Being very nervous for the whole process and the unexpected he [Dr. Weitzman] made me and my husband both feel comfortable and had complete trust in him. We came in With a lot of questions they were always happily answered. We have yet to feel like we are JUST another couple trying to have a family, rather we feel like we are truly cared about....surgery for uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. Each surgery was explained thoroughly. We are in the process of beginning IVF.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is very thorough and knowledgeable. His Bed side manner is caring and compassionate. Being very nervous for the whole process and the unexpected he made me and my husband both feel comfortable and had complete trust in him. We came in With a lot of questions they were always happily answered. We have yet to feel like we are JUST another couple trying to have a family, rather we feel like we are truly cared about.
Be patient. Be prepared. Make sure to ask as many questions you need to until you feel comfortable.
So far I have only gone through surgery for uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. Each surgery was explained thoroughly. We are in the process of beginning IVF.
Every nurse we have had so far has been wonderful. I have felt comfortable and cared by each of them. You can tell the nurses truly care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
This clinic is wonderful. From the first visit you feel welcomed. They have great communication and explained processes very well. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a hold of someone, but they usually respond in a timely manner.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Weitzman thoroughly reviewed my medical history with me, performed an exam, and then patiently answered every single one of my questions. At no point in time did I feel rushed or pushed to move forward with a procedure. I felt I was receiving the whole picture (both good and bad) in a detailed, easy to understand way...Dr. Weitzman is extremely candid and does not mince words or beat around the bush. I appreciated his candor and willingness to be transparent with me about my situation instead of couching the facts to try and provide a soft landing. I felt like I was getting the full picture, I could ask him as many questions as necessary, and he was extremely patient in answering and explaining the procedure...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is extremely candid and does not mince words or beat around the bush. I appreciated his candor and willingness to be transparent with me about my situation instead of couching the facts to try and provide a soft landing. I felt like I was getting the full picture, I could ask him as many questions as necessary, and he was extremely patient in answering and explaining the procedure. He spoke to me and treated me like an educated, empowered adult instead of someone who needed hand holding.
If you prefer a doctor who chooses softness over directness, Dr. Weitzman may not be a good fit for you. I think this is his best quality as a doctor, but that may not be the best fit for others.
I came prepared with a long list of questions. Dr. Weitzman thoroughly reviewed my medical history with me, performed an exam, and then patiently answered every single one of my questions. At no point in time did I feel rushed or pushed to move forward with a procedure. I felt I was receiving the whole picture (both good and bad) in a detailed, easy to understand way.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
NFC struggles with clear and accurate communication. I've been asked by multiple nurses why I'm there, and often wait long after my appointment time.

IVF, Surrogacy
He [Dr. Glenn Weitzman] is very professional and very smart. He has a lot of successful transfers and he is very particular about each detail and I appreciate that. The office itself had a few issues with following through on some things which was frustrating, but that does not reflect Dr. Weitzman.... He was very adamant about ONLY using one embryo with our surrogate. I valued his respect for the surrogate.
IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
He is very professional and very smart. He has a lot of successful transfers and he is very particular about each detail and I appreciate that. The office itself had a few issues with following through on some things which was frustrating, but that does not reflect Dr. Weitzman.
Make sure you ask a lot of questions and don’t assume they will follow up- be intentional with every step!
The nurse was intentional with us. If the nurse was absent, another nurse would promptly call back to assist.
Have not completed our IVF cycle at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelli Millet )
They were good overall. A bit of delay and distraction a few times which was confusing and delayed our progress a bit.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Cross communication would be helpful. Sometimes you are unable to see your nurse so there needs to be a patient review if your IVF nurse is out. The details they give while you meet with them are great. They are fast for each visit.
Haven’t calculated them all and we aren’t done yet. It was well over 12k so far.
Nashville

Dr. Weitzman was professional and understanding when we met with him. He was upfront and honest in talking steps to conceive....In working with Dr. Weitzman he has very professional and understanding in our journey to becoming parents. His staff has been great, but I would like to have more follow-up from our 2 procedures of IUI....I did take fermra and used the trigger shot for both rounds of IUI....Nashville Fertility Center is very welcoming and organized. Overall I have enjoyed working with them.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
I would ask as many questions and do your homework before going in.
The 2 procedures we have done with Dr. Weitzman have been IUI. I did take fermra and used the trigger shot for both rounds of IUI.
The nursing staff are very knowledgeable, caring and make you feel valued.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Nashville Fertility Center is very welcoming and organized. Overall I have enjoyed working with them. Where the clinic could grow in being better is following up with patients when they have taken a break from the fertility cycle.
In working with Dr. Weitzman and insurance not covering most cost for 2 rounds of IUI, medicine and testing we have spent around $1200 so far.
Nashville

Dr. Weitzmann was amazing. This was such a hard and heartbreaking experience; and he was incredibly kind and supportive. He is just a good person. I strongly recommend him....Andie was an angel. She always took all of the time I needed to go over everything. She was there for me through the good and bad. I am so grateful for her!!!
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
He was incredibly kind and supportive. He knew how important this was to me. he was so understanding.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is excellent although very busy. Sometimes waits were a bit long but they were thorough so I didn't mind. They have opened a satellite office so I imagine this has improved. The in-office surgery center is truly top notch. I was very pleased with my care.
IVF was expensive and not covered by our insurance. But the clinic worked with us very well. I felt that the price was reasonable for what we were getting.