Medical SchoolJohns Hopkins
1725 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
345 23rd Ave. N
Nashville, TN 37203
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Glenn Weitzman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nashville Fertility Center to a friend?
Other, Unexplained
Even though Dr. Weitzmann was not very empathetic, he was very honest and answered all of my questions to the best of his ability. I never felt rushed. I felt like my process mattered and we were working together to create a baby for my family.... Dr. Weitzman did my cyst removal and was great during the procedure and made me feel confident that everything was ok. He also met with me after my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy and went over what went wrong.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is extremely experienced in the fertility field and relies heavily on his experience. He is confident in his assements and gave me confidence that the process would be successful. Dr. Weitzman did my cyst removal and was great during the procedure and made me feel confident that everything was ok. He also met with me after my miscarriage and chemical pregnancy and went over what went wrong. It would have been nice to have him do all of my procedures but he is very busy!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is not very touchy feely. He does though answer all of your questions and will be on your side through the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Even though Dr. Weitzmann was not very empathetic, he was very honest and answered all of my questions to the best of his ability. I never felt rushed. I felt like my process mattered and we were working together to create a baby for my family. I have felt supported by him and his nurse and the staff at NFC through the whole process. We have gone through one retrieval and two transfers with no success and are starting a second retrieval with hopes of a different outcome and I feel like Dr. Weitzman is on the same page as my husband and I.
Describe the protocols Glenn Weitzman used in your cycles at Nashville Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I first did three IUI cycles with no success. I then had a cyst removed and had a hysteroscopy. I then started IVF. For the retrieval, I took Follistim (225 units) and Menopur (75 units). I also used Ganirelix and did a Lupron trigger. For the transfers, I used progesterone in oil (1-2mL's a day) and estradiol (0.1mL twice a week). For the retrieval, I got 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 3 embryos and 2 were PGS tested normal. The first female embryo implanted but died at ~6 weeks because the embryo was tetraploidy (4 sets of chromosomes). I had a D&C to find that out. The second male embryo implanted but ended in a chemical pregnancy. We do not know what happened - whether is was the embryo or if my week long flu/cold affected the pregnancy. Because of my good response to the retrieval the first time, we are using that same protocol for the next retrieval. I am on birth control now! Wish me luck!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Nashville Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Andie Sporck)
I love my IVF nurse. She is amazing. She is always on top of everything. If I have a question, she responds quickly. She is also helpful with getting me help with the bills or discounts if needed. When our transfers didn't work, I felt a little like I let her down! I felt her disappointment too which was comforting. And if she is not available, the other nurses have been just as helpful and warm and caring. I love the whole nursing staff at NFC.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
Some people feel that NFC is about numbers but I do not feel that way. The nurse staff and admin staff have always helped me with whatever issue I have had. If they do not know the answer, they seek it out and put me with someone who does know the answer. Once I had to pick up my stepdaughter at a certain time and the front desk staff helped to get me in just in time to get my blood drawn so I could make it. NFC is expensive however. The billing department is thorough and if there is an overcharge or insurance payment, you will get money back but it is still alot of money! We won't be able to try again if this round does not work but I have faith that they will do their best to help me have a healthy baby.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center.
With everything for the last cycle which includes medications and one transfer, it was $20,000
Describe Glenn Weitzman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Nashville Fertility Center.
Dr. Weitzman and the clinic only want to implant one PGS tested embryo. They are very against multiple births because of the risks involved.
What specific things went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center?
Nashville
The doctor [Dr Weitzman] did listen to our concerns, but as previously mentioned, there never seemed to be any kind of connection. He did order certain types of blood tests, but they don't seem to bother with some testing that should be important. We only met with him one time and while he answered questions, it also seemed like he was rushing us to make a decision to go straight to IVF or do IUI.
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
The doctor did listen to our concerns, but as previously mentioned, there never seemed to be any kind of connection. He did order certain types of blood tests, but they don't seem to bother with some testing that should be important. We only met with him one time and while he answered questions, it also seemed like he was rushing us to make a decision to go straight to IVF or do IUI. Definitely felt like they were in it for the money instead of feeling like there was some type of compassion there. We also had to speak to nurses all the time and all communication was through the nurse, which is probably common, but quite frustrating when the whole process is confusing.
Be prepared with questions that you want to know and do not be afraid to ask for testing you want done. Don't expect a touchy feely relationship. If he won't do it, find another doctor. Unfortunately, there aren't many places in Nashville to go to.
I felt like a number because they do have to have a process and order to everything so there are no mixups. While I understand this, I felt like they shuffled you through all the stops during the appointment with no real interaction. The doctor seemed to have no emotion while speaking with us and most of the time we had to ask 20 questions about things when they should have been explained.
I wasn't truly diagnosed with anything, although I had mild endometriosis, which I knew from my gynecologist. He basically said I was old at 38. I had three IUIs with Femara to stimulate more follicles. I never had a problem ovulating, but they wanted more eggs to be there. On Day 12 I had an ultrasound to see how many follicles I had, which were all measured and then I was given an Ovidrel trigger shot. I never felt that the shot worked for me as I ovulated later than the 12-24 hours they claimed and I knew this because I was taking my BBT temperatures. Nothing was ever changed in my protocol. The next day I would have my IUI and then I was to call the office after waiting two weeks to say whether it was positive or negative.
I never knew their names and they had about 3 or 4 nurses that I would deal with. They usually were nice. There was one nurse that seemed new and she seemed rude with her comments. I would receive phone calls within the hour after I left a message, which didn't bother me.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is organized and they usually do well with getting you in around your appointment time. The nurses/nurse practitioners that handled the IUIs were nice and helped you feel at ease. There should be better communication about the treatments and what to expect. You do become a pro after the first time but that is because you figure it out.
Drugs were paid for separately and for Femara and Ovidrel it was $185 for that out of pocket. I had no fertility insurance coverage. With just the ultrasound and IUI, it was around $800. The doctor's visit was around $485. To get a saline ultrasound of the uterus, it would have been around $700 out of pocket.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
Being very nervous for the whole process and the unexpected he [Dr. Weitzman] made me and my husband both feel comfortable and had complete trust in him. We came in With a lot of questions they were always happily answered. We have yet to feel like we are JUST another couple trying to have a family, rather we feel like we are truly cared about....surgery for uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. Each surgery was explained thoroughly. We are in the process of beginning IVF.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is very thorough and knowledgeable. His Bed side manner is caring and compassionate. Being very nervous for the whole process and the unexpected he made me and my husband both feel comfortable and had complete trust in him. We came in With a lot of questions they were always happily answered. We have yet to feel like we are JUST another couple trying to have a family, rather we feel like we are truly cared about.
Be patient. Be prepared. Make sure to ask as many questions you need to until you feel comfortable.
So far I have only gone through surgery for uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. Each surgery was explained thoroughly. We are in the process of beginning IVF.
Every nurse we have had so far has been wonderful. I have felt comfortable and cared by each of them. You can tell the nurses truly care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
This clinic is wonderful. From the first visit you feel welcomed. They have great communication and explained processes very well. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a hold of someone, but they usually respond in a timely manner.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Weitzman thoroughly reviewed my medical history with me, performed an exam, and then patiently answered every single one of my questions. At no point in time did I feel rushed or pushed to move forward with a procedure. I felt I was receiving the whole picture (both good and bad) in a detailed, easy to understand way...Dr. Weitzman is extremely candid and does not mince words or beat around the bush. I appreciated his candor and willingness to be transparent with me about my situation instead of couching the facts to try and provide a soft landing. I felt like I was getting the full picture, I could ask him as many questions as necessary, and he was extremely patient in answering and explaining the procedure...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
Dr. Weitzman is extremely candid and does not mince words or beat around the bush. I appreciated his candor and willingness to be transparent with me about my situation instead of couching the facts to try and provide a soft landing. I felt like I was getting the full picture, I could ask him as many questions as necessary, and he was extremely patient in answering and explaining the procedure. He spoke to me and treated me like an educated, empowered adult instead of someone who needed hand holding.
If you prefer a doctor who chooses softness over directness, Dr. Weitzman may not be a good fit for you. I think this is his best quality as a doctor, but that may not be the best fit for others.
I came prepared with a long list of questions. Dr. Weitzman thoroughly reviewed my medical history with me, performed an exam, and then patiently answered every single one of my questions. At no point in time did I feel rushed or pushed to move forward with a procedure. I felt I was receiving the whole picture (both good and bad) in a detailed, easy to understand way.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
NFC struggles with clear and accurate communication. I've been asked by multiple nurses why I'm there, and often wait long after my appointment time.
What specific things went wrong at Nashville Fertility Center?
Nashville
Dr. Weitzmann was amazing. This was such a hard and heartbreaking experience; and he was incredibly kind and supportive. He is just a good person. I strongly recommend him....Andie was an angel. She always took all of the time I needed to go over everything. She was there for me through the good and bad. I am so grateful for her!!!
How was your experience with Glenn Weitzman at Nashville Fertility Center?
He was incredibly kind and supportive. He knew how important this was to me. he was so understanding.
Describe your experience with Nashville Fertility Center.
The clinic is excellent although very busy. Sometimes waits were a bit long but they were thorough so I didn't mind. They have opened a satellite office so I imagine this has improved. The in-office surgery center is truly top notch. I was very pleased with my care.
IVF was expensive and not covered by our insurance. But the clinic worked with us very well. I felt that the price was reasonable for what we were getting.