Medical SchoolLouisiana State
FellowshipWayne State
5800 W. 10th Street
Little Rock, AR 72204
501-526-7425
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gloria Richard-Davis to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Arkansas Medical School to a friend?
2016 - 2019
The nursing staff was compassionate and very understanding [at University of Arkansas Medical School]...You will be sitting in the waiting room for a little while so be prepared to stay busy for a little bit...I had a tubal reversal so Dr. Richard-Davis explored IUI with my husband and me. I was placed on Clomid and was monitored closely with ultrasounds and visits. After two rounds of Clomid and unsuccessful IUI's it was found that I had a cyst on my uterus from the Clomid. Dr. Richard-Davis preformed the surgery to remove the cyst and wanted to try injections in place of the Clomid and then preform a third IUI
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Gloria Richard-Davis at University of Arkansas Medical School?
Dr. Richard-Davis is such a caring individual. She truly understands the path her patients are traveling and she takes the trip with you. The only negative experience would be that you do wait a while in the waiting room to be seen, but it is understandable due to the increased number of individuals seeing her as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gloria Richard-Davis at University of Arkansas Medical School?
Go in with an open mind. If Dr. Richard-Davis can make it happen for you, she will go the distance, and be right with you through the process. She is very clear with you on the options and availabilities that she can provide you depending on you and your significant other's wishes. She will let you know up front, this may not work, but we are going to give it a shot and go from there. She trouble shoots different avenues for her patients and has a great bedside manner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gloria Richard-Davis at University of Arkansas Medical School?
Dr. Richard-Davis understood our need to conceive and she was patient, kind, understanding and very cooperative with our needs.
Describe the protocols Gloria Richard-Davis used in your cycles at University of Arkansas Medical School and their degree of success.
The nursing staff was compassionate and very understanding.
Describe your experience with University of Arkansas Medical School.
I will say, be prepared to pay out of pocket. Many insurance companies do not cover these procedures. You will be sitting in the waiting room for a little while so be prepared to stay busy for a little bit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gloria Richard-Davis at University of Arkansas Medical School.
Depending on which level of fertility therapy you choose, the cost is quite a bit. Be prepared to do research prior to speaking with a medical professional so that the amount doesn't shock you.
Little Rock

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gloria Richard-Davis at University of Arkansas Medical School.

[Protocol with Dr. Glorida Richard-Davis] We started with two months of Letrozole which did not induce ovulation. We then move to Letrozole with the addition of Gonal-F injections medication which produced mature eggs both times but did not result in pregnancy. One treatment with injections was timed intercourse the other was IUI...When it came to seeing the doctor I felt more like a number than a human. Rarely did she know anything about my case before walking into the room, she would forget what testing and procedures she had/had not preformed. Additionally, they seemed to rush you out of the room so they could see the next person waiting.
The nurses at this clinic [University of Arkansas Medical School] were a major reason I kept going before they shut down. Kaylee Lutrell is the RN who is the care provider at most all of my appointments. She was clear and compassionate at every appointment. Rebecca was the nurse you'd contact about medication, cycle updates and appointments and she was always very attentive and caring as well...I think them being backed by UAMS was a major strength...Weaknesses are the billing department, you will always be over billed. Additionally when you try to get a refund for being over charged they will tell you that you can not have any pending appointment, which with infertility rarely happens. The wait time was another weakness in my opinion
If she was the one to see me, which was rare, she was clear with explanations on the medical terms but as for me and my body specifically she did not always have a clear reason as to why or why not something worked. She has her nursing staff cover a lot of her work for her. There was two cycles that I did not see her even once.
If you are unfamiliar to the infertility world find knowledgeable sources because you will be having to research on your own from time to time. Block out at least an hour and a half for appointment times. They will leave you in the waiting room anywhere from 30 mins to an hour.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Arkansas Medical School. (Assigned nurse: Kaylee Lutrell and Rebbecca )
The nurses at this clinic were a major reason I kept going before they shut down. Kaylee Lutrell is the RN who is the care provider at most all of my appointments. She was clear and compassionate at every appointment. Rebecca was the nurse you'd contact about medication, cycle updates and appointments and she was always very attentive and caring as well.
Describe your experience with University of Arkansas Medical School.
I think them being backed by UAMS was a major strength, I know thats one reason I attended that clinic. Also the doctor has several years of experience in her belt. Weaknesses are the billing department, you will always be over billed. Additionally when you try to get a refund for being over charged they will tell you that you can not have any pending appointment, which with infertility rarely happens. The wait time was another weakness in my opinion
I spent more on medication than doctors visits thanks to insurance $2700 in medication $1500 id doctors bills
What specific things went wrong at University of Arkansas Medical School?

2014 - 2017
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
The clinic [UAMS] is a small facility but is growing and the rooms are getting nicer, more sophisticated looking, and more welcoming...The nurses know who you are and where you are in treatment whether they saw you two days ago or two months ago. They are friendly and want to know what is going on in your life besides fertility treatments...The clinic can be slow at times but they have more staff now so it does move a bit faster both getting in for an appointment, getting back to a patient room, and getting phone calls about test results and next steps.
2014 - 2017
Dr. Richard-Davis is incredibly patient, reassuring, kind, and knowledgeable. She was always willing to discuss why we pursuing a line of treatment, why we should switch, what the risks and benefits were, and answer all of my questions even when they were likely repetitive. Patient safety and comfort were foremost in her considerations but she also didn't want to waste my time or money sticking with a treatment plan when she didn't think it would work in the long run. I really appreciated that because treatments are not cheap and time was not on my side. While I don't feel she had a lot of weaknesses if I had to do it over again I would have wanted a little more warning that some things were really likely and not just something I just needed to be aware of. During one treatment cycle I ended up with OHSS and while I was given information about it, what to look for, that the cycle may be canceled, etc., I didn't really realize that it was something that might actually happen, it just seemed like information they give everyone because it's always a potential side effect. There were also a few times that I felt like she was a little more brusque than necessary but I also recognized that she had a busy clinic and generally took as much time as I needed. There are two instances I had as a patient with her that are why I recommend her that have nothing to do with any treatments being successful. The first was her reaction to my concerns and anxiety about procedures and surgeries, which were inevitable given my reproductive issues. Previously I had been a patient of Dr. Dean Motous and Dr. Francisco Batres and they had performed three procedures and two surgeries on me. They were never willing to explain to me what they were going to do beforehand or answer my questions afterwards. Dr. Motous was offended that I would ask questions and yelled at me during one of my post-op visits because I was asking questions. I stayed with them because at the time they were the only physicians in the state. So when Dr. Richard-Davis moved to Little Rock and opened a practice I was elated but still very hesitant given what I had already been through. When I explained to her why surgery and procedures were so traumatic to me and the treatment I had received she immediately suggested that we meet outside of clinic hours so she had plenty of time to talk, listen, and answer my questions. Her time is in high demand in her clinic, as a faculty member at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, and a mother and yet she suggested that we meet outside of an office visit where she would not get paid or get credit for the visit so she could make sure I was comfortable with what was going on. I don’t know that she does that for every patient, but the fact that she even thought to offer it was really amazing to me. The second was during pre-op for the first surgery she performed on me and I asked her if she had faith that this would work. She looked me in the eye and put her hand on mine and said, "yes, I absolutely do, otherwise I wouldn't be putting you through this". Something to note about Dr. Richard-Davis, she went through fertility treatments herself. She spent ten years trying to get pregnant with lots of failed treatments and several miscarriages. So she knows what she’s putting people through and understands the emotional and physical stress that her patients are dealing with. I think the fact that she knows where all of her patients are coming from makes a big difference in how she takes care of them.
Be honest and open with her about what is going on for you physically and mentally and just communicate with her. I was very shy about talking to her at first despite her asking how I was doing both physically and mentally and generally I side stepped the question about how I was doing mentally. The first time I really answered that question was a break through for the relationship and treatment. She understood what was going on for me emotionally and outside of treatment (work, home, etc.) and would take that into consideration when we discussed treatment options and what to do next. It also made a huge difference after the miscarriages because she had a better sense of how raw and fragile I was because I wasn't putting on a brave face anymore.
Dr. Richard-Davis ALWAYS knew exactly where I was in the cycle, what meds I was on, the results of any tests, procedures, etc., and she ALWAYS had frank and compassionate conversations with me. She was patient and answered all of my questions every time I saw her, when I called and left a message, or when I sent a message through the patient portal.
The initial visits involved discussing PCOS, endometriosis, uterine polyps and hypothyroidism and how they affect fertility. I started taking Metformin at that point. We tried Letrozole instead of Clomid because of recent studies it may have better results for some PCOS patients with far fewer risks or side effects. The Letrozole did not work as well or as quickly as she thought was useful so we moved to Follistim and an HCG trigger shot. The first cycle that was supposed to be just injectables ended up being a hybrid cycle with Letrozole because storms delayed the injectable medicine arriving in time. That treatment was successful but ended in miscarriage. I started baby aspirin as part of the regimen after that. The rest of the cycles were Metformin, baby aspirin, Follistim and HCG. One of those cycles resulted in OHSS but we backed off the amount of Follistim needed and that didn’t happen again. When a cycle resulted in pregnancy I started progesterone immediately to increase the chances of remaining pregnant. Eventually it did work and I had a successful twin pregnancy.
The nurses know who you are and where you are in treatment whether they saw you two days ago or two months ago. They are friendly and want to know what is going on in your life besides fertility treatments but aren't so chatty that you are just waiting for them to stop chatting so you can get on with the appointment. They really care and are heartbroken for you when a treatment cycle doesn't work, when you have a miscarriage, or when medical conditions are getting worse so it feels like you're starting at the beginning again. They are very positive and are sort of a cheering section for you and your journey but also recognize when the cheering needs to be about you healing and recognizing that it may never work. They know what they are doing and are knowledgeable about fertility treatments and how things work, they aren't there just to take vitals and get the administrative stuff out of the way.
Describe your experience with University of Arkansas Medical School.
The clinic is a small facility but is growing and the rooms are getting nicer, more sophisticated looking, and more welcoming. Dr. Richard-Davis revived a practice and inherited some empty space in the clinic that was not particularly attractive or welcoming. They are fixing that and it looks much better now. The clinic can be slow at times but they have more staff now so it does move a bit faster both getting in for an appointment, getting back to a patient room, and getting phone calls about test results and next steps. One thing I always had to remember was that she was always willing to take time with me to discuss things and answer questions, especially after miscarriages. She does that for every patient so sometimes the long wait is because she is taking care of another patient who is just as scared, sad, or upset as I was sometimes.
Gloria Richard-Davis
Dr Richard-Davis is kind and caring but also very blunt during treatment. She explains your treatment in great detail and she is willing to answer any and all questions. She is very personable and makes you feel like a person and not just a number. I felt important to her and as if she wanted treatment to be successful just as much as I did... Dr. Davis prescribed me 100 mg of Clomid and told me to take ovulation test. The IUI was not successful because we received a false positive on the ovulation test.
The nursing staff at UAMS have been wonderful. They are kind and compassionate. They are very quick to return your phone call and answer any and all questions you may have.... I am not a fan of the way the clinic does billing. They tell you an amount the day of visit, but that amount is simply an estimate. You may actually owe them less or more than what they charged you that day. The clinic also tried to charge both my husband and myself for an IUI when he clearly cannot have an IUI
Be honest and upfront about your situation. Give her all the details she needs to determine the appropriate treatment plan.
Doctor and staff were all very kind and spoke positively.
Dr. Davis prescribed me 100 mg of Clomid and told me to take ovulation test. The IUI was not successful because we received a false positive on the ovulation test. For our next cycle, she plans to up the clomid to 150mg in hopes of better response and she will monitor me more closely with ultrasounds instead of ovulation predictor tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Arkansas Medical School. (Assigned nurse: Diamond)