6.2

Lexington
One Forbes Road
Lexington, MA 02421
800 858-4832

She took the time to listen, explain my situation and answer questions. However, I would have like more information on the actual process as this was our first time. I did not know all the questions to ask. Upon implantation, the office follow-up was comprehensive and then when I lost the pregnancy, Dr. Lee was very supportive and emphatic.
Cash Pay - No insurance Dr. Lee - $750 IVF New England - $12,900 Meds - $7500 Sperm Retrieval - $1900 Sperm Analysis - $1200 Other (Pre-IVF appointments, ultrasounds and Labs) not included in numbers above...I had a horrible experience with New England IVF upon dropping off my partners contributions. I called Dr. Lee's office and the entire staff was very helpful, compassionate and understanding. Dr. Lee called the lab and called me back herself to reassure me that everything was handled properly. My retrieval and transfer went well. The doctor and nurses were excellent and very supportive. One of the nurses even gave me a hug as I left my transfer! Upon the loss of the pregnancy, the nurses and Dr.Lee were very understanding and caring in life changing situation.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Lee was very cautious about any supplements other than prenatal vitamins. I was advised to stop all supplements that I was taking under the guidance of my acupuncturist. It seemed a little odd not to take Vita C, D,DHA/EPA, etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
For first timers, ask her what you should know that you don't know or haven't asked because you don't know what to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the protocols Grace Lee used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Plan described below is exactly that a plan. It may vary based on blood work and Ultrasounds Overviewof situation: 40 years old, no previous children, partner had a Vasectomy 10+ years ago, low egg reserve, Hashimoto's and high prolactin Plan: Estrogen Patch - every other day - Just beginning cycle with estrogen patch and post transfer Gonal F 300ml x2 a day for 20 days - extremely long stim cycle as my body was not responding. Never added Menopur Ganirelix - 5 shots Novarel - trigger shot ICSI and assisted hactching Doxycycline- x2 a day for 4 days around retrieval Medrol - One pill daily beginning the day of retrieval and ending the day of embryo transfer Crinone once a day from transfer to loss of pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard.
Very helpful in answering my questions and calling me back promptly.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard.
What specific things went wrong at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
There was a mix-up in a refill of a RX. I submitted it via online vs. calling the clinic directly. Upon calling it to the attention of the nurse, it was promptly resolved.

2011 - 2017, Successful
She [Dr. Grace Lee] is a little scary, blunt. Not a warm and fuzzy personality. Until you get to know her. She is at the top of her game and a leader in her field so just do exactly what she recommends. she is the doctor that other doctors go to when they need advice on challenging cases.... We have changed the protocol overtime over the course of our 4 cycles (starting cycle 5 today) over the past 5 years and I have received the best possible care. Dr Lee has come in early (before the office opens) to meet with me. She has changed HER schedule to make sure SHE could perform procedures HERSELF to make sure I am getting the best care possible.
Tracey [a nurse at Harvard Vanguard] calls me at every stage of the cycle once the cycle begins. she is thorough, clear and concise with instructions. she has also provided a shoulder to cry on when things do not go as planned.... My first cycle was successful (live birth- my daughter is 3.5 years old now) but i had hyper stimulation and was on bedrest for 8 weeks. following the birth of my daughter we have varied the protocols. at 40 my egg quantity is good but the quality is bad. we have changed the protocol, letrozole this time around, to try to get fewer but better quality eggs.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
I have PCOS and do not ovulate regularly. my egg quantity is good but the quality is not great. With Dr Lee's help I have a 3.5 year old daughter and we are trying for our second. I have had an above average amount of bad luck (ectopic, miscarriage at 8 weeks due to trisomy at chromosome 20) but she and het team have never given up on me. We have changed the protocol overtime over the course of our 4 cycles (starting cycle 5 today) over the past 5 years and I have received the best possible care. Dr Lee has come in early (before the office opens) to meet with me. She has changed HER schedule to make sure SHE could perform procedures HERSELF to make sure I am getting the best care possible. She is very scientific and somewhat blunt. thats her style. But if you follow her instructions EXACTLY you will end up pregnant in no time. I have full faith in her and would (and have) recommended her to anyone that asks me about my experience with infertility. She is awesome.
She is a little scary, blunt. Not a warm and fuzzy personality. Until you get to know her. She is at the top of her game and a leader in her field so just do exactly what she recommends. she is the doctor that other doctors go to when they need advice on challenging cases.
I am a difficult case. Dr Lee has never given up on us. We have a beautiful 3.5 year old daughter and are trying for our second now. I have had an ectopic, a miscarriage but we will continue to try. i am confident we will have another child with Dr Lees help. Her nurses, Tracey and Kristine, are awesome. I would (and have) recommended Dr Lee to family and friends. If you do exactly as she says you will end up pregnant. You can not miss appointments though. The timing of everything in fertility is critical.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Tracy and Kristine)
Tracey calls me at every stage of the cycle once the cycle begins. she is thorough, clear and concise with instructions. she has also provided a shoulder to cry on when things do not go as planned.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Our family goes to Harvard Vanguard in Wellesley for EVERYTHING. Pediatrics, primary care, fertility. You name it. They are awesome. We always receive the best care possible. I am FUSSY and I love them.
BCBS has been great. Deductibles, office visits co-pays and recently the out of pocket cost for the PGS
Describe Grace Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Dr Lee tries to find a balance between success and limiting the chances of multiples. the risks are much much higher with multiples. expect her to always be conservative in this dept.
Wellesley

Tracy [nurse at Harvard Vanguard] is very knowledgeable and caring. She always kept me informed of what the next steps were and what each of my results meant. I knew she was truly rooting for me and was so genuinely happy for me when I was successful. I always felt supported by Tracy and all the staff at the office...The staff in the office truly treated me as a person. Not just my doctor and nurse, but everyone (untrasound tech/receptionist/lab staff) knew me by name. They really went out of their way in terms of scheduling for ultrasounds to accommodate my work schedule which was critical for me.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
After reading some of the more critical reviews on this site, I am struck by the fact that it could not be more different than my experience with Dr. Lee. I could not be more happy with my experience with Dr. Lee and would, and have, recommended her to anyone struggling with infertility. Not only did I find her to be incredibly knowledgeable, but I always felt she was fighting for me and in my corner. Dr. Lee goes above and beyond for her patients. By way of example, after receiving some particularly disappointing test results, I was devastated. Dr. Lee could tell how upset I was and had my husband and I come in for an office visit (fitting us in during her already booked schedule) and talked everything through with us. The compassion and empathy she showed us helped us get through the most difficult time in my life and has stuck with me to this day. Dr. Lee also appealed my insurance company’s decision to require several IUIs prior to authorizing an IVF cycle and really fought for me. Unfortunately my insurance did require prior IUI’s, and I then developed cysts. During one particular cycle when I had a promising number of antral follicles but also a large cyst, Dr. Lee talked with me about draining the cyst in an effort to take advantage of the fact that I had more follicles to work with than any prior cycle. Dr. Lee drove out to IVF New England in Lexington, extremely early in the morning before her already full schedule for the day, in order to perform the procedure herself. Ultimately, this was the cycle that worked for me. Due to Dr. Lee’s knowledge, care, and ability to adapt treatment as the cycle unfolds, I was able to successfully convert that IUI cycle to IVF and now have a healthy 10-month-old son! These are just a few examples of what sets Dr. Lee apart from other doctors. Undoubtedly she knows her “stuff” so to speak, but I found her personal care and her willingness to go above and beyond (almost certainly at the expense of her own personal time) to be unmatched. As all infertility patients know, the journey is so extraordinarily sad but Dr. Lee’s encouragement kept me and my husband hopeful. I sincerely felt that she was rooting for us, would not give up on us, and when we were successful, truly shared in our over-the-moon excitement. I will forever be grateful for her treatment and care and would highly recommend her.
Dr. Lee knew both my husband and I by name and the details of our history. Even early on in my treatment when I was in the office for ultrasound/blood work and I happened to see her she remarkably knew exactly who I was and what stage in the cycle I was in.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
Tracy is very knowledgeable and caring. She always kept me informed of what the next steps were and what each of my results meant. I knew she was truly rooting for me and was so genuinely happy for me when I was successful. I always felt supported by Tracy and all the staff at the office.
Insurance
Wellesley

Dr. Lee presents as a scientist, not a social worker. She's a problem solver. She presents options and explains pros/cons. The only challenge has been wait time on the phone and for an appointment - although ultrasound appointment options are great.... Lots of testing, then Letrozole for follicle stimulation and Ovidrel to trigger. We've varied the dosage based on my response to try to get the right number of follicles. The first cycle produced too many, the second we got the dose too low. This cycle looks good so far!
The Kenmore and Burlington locations [Harvard Vanguard] are great. Only hitch at Wellesley is that the waiting room is shared with OBGYN. It's hard to hear people excited about their early pregnancies while you wait for your infertility appointment.... Tracy, in particular, is fabulous. Calls back quickly with results, explains things clearly, and answers questions. She never makes me feel rushed.... My insurance covers some, but it's been a couple thousand out of pocket so far.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Be prepared to be educated and given choices, not just told what to do.
Everyone in her practice treats me and my husband well. They asked questions about our life and always seem familiar with our case when we call.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The Kenmore and Burlington locations are great. Only hitch at Wellesley is that the waiting room is shared with OBGYN. It's hard to hear people excited about their early pregnancies while you wait for your infertility appointment.
My insurance covers some, but it's been a couple thousand out of pocket so far. This was expected, and they had me check on my coverage before starting.
Boston
Even though Dr. Lee doesn't have a bubbly personality, she recognized me and my husband in passing, looked us in the eye, knew our medical history without our needing to repeat it 100 times, and made sure we understood what she was saying without needing to fluff it up....Don't expect warm and fuzzy but know that she really cares about your treatment.
Everyone a the clinic was extremely good-natured and friendly. When I frantically ran in an hour late to an appointment due to traffic, the receptionist said, "You have enough to worry about. We don't punish for being late and we'll take you as soon as we can."...Natural frozen cycle transferring one embryo resulted in a positive pregnancy test....[Costs were] around $500. This included my deductible and 10% co-insurance. Thank God for insurance in MA!
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Around $500. This included my deductible and 10% co-insurance. Thank God for insurance in MA!

2014 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Lee] is an academic at heart and likes to geek out and explain fertility problems and treatments. She was very caring and attentive throughout months of treatment. Her approach can be more directive, rather than cooperative, I found, compared to other doctors in the practice, but I appreciated this...If you're looking for a doctor who will make strong recommendations and be blunt about options, she's great. If you want more control over your process you might want someone else. For us, it was fine that she was directive in her care, as her decisions were based on research and she was right...
Tracy [nurse at Harvard Vanguard - Well] was our lifeline! Compassionate, informative, and patient with all our questions...
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr Lee was knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and offered us great care. She is an academic at heart and likes to geek out and explain fertility problems and treatments. She was very caring and attentive throughout months of treatment. Her approach can be more directive, rather than cooperative, I found, compared to other doctors in the practice, but I appreciated this.
Dr Lee was very practical and informative in her care, but never cold or uncaring. She laughed with us, shared anecdotes, knew us by name, followed our progress very closely, and showed a lot of concern at every step.
Tracy was our lifeline! Compassionate, informative, and patient with all our questions.