Nurse available by email
Medical SchoolRush U. Med Ctr
9040 Jackson Ave
Tacoma, WA 98431
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gregory Chow to a friend?

5.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Madigan Army Medical Center to a friend?
2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
Dr. Chow has been a good doctor. He explains things well and let me ask all my questions. I would also say that he has good bedside manner and speaks in an tone that I appreciate. He is not available for questions outside of your appointment time and can only be reached my email that one of the nurses would pass on. I would prefer a better phone communication with him.
We never had to pay anything to the Madigan clinic but we did have to pay for the IUI and IVF services that Madigan did in partner with Seattle Reproductive Medicine. We paid a discounted rate of $200 for IUIs to the SRM clinic and $10,000 for IVF procedure to the SRM clinic. ... And most of them [providers] didn't take the time to ready my history or even what I was there for at my appointment. I also am very frustrated with the method of communication with this office. I do not like to communicate through email about time sensitive issues as fertility.
2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
Make sure you have all your questions ready to go at your appointment time and make sure you understand the treatment plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
Since this is a military infertility office, the doctors where rarely the same. I have probably only seen Dr. Chow a total of 5 to 6 times in the 3 1/2 years I have been going there. And when a different doctor comes in, sometimes they don't know my history and ask the same questions over and over. Also, their have been times where I have been frantic over needing meds to be signed off by a doctor so I can get them at the pharmacy and they don't answer their phones or prefer you to email in, when email is obviously not going to work when you are currently in front of the pharmacy technician and they are telling you that no meds are in the system for you. There was also a time when they forgot to give me syringes and alcohol wipes for a cycle I was going to be on that night. I didn't know I was going to be needing syringes since no one told me to pick them up. It made for a frustrating experience and not surprisingly a unsuccessful cycle.
Describe the protocols Gregory Chow used in your cycles at Madigan Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
When I 1st went to the clinic Dr. Chow started me on Clomid. Same time every day or a specific number of days and then blood draws and ultrasounds were performed to calculate my most fertile days and recommend days for intercourse. The logic behind this was that because I have PCOS and my body was not ovulating on it's own then I have Clomid make me ovulate and try a more natural way to conceive. This was successful once, resulting in an ectopic pregnancy. Then we did the treatment for IUIs. Which were pills on certain days, blood work and ultrasounds, then an injectable to make my body release the egg and suggest days for intercourse along with the date for the IUI procedure. The night before the IUI I took the injectable to release the egg and they then placed a concentrated amount of my husband's sperm in my uterus. Wait 2 weeks to check for a positive pregnancy test or not. The logic behind this treatment was to place the sperm close to the egg in hopes for a better chance at pregnancy. We tried that 3 times, once it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Then we moved on to and egg retrieval cycle. All of these eggs were to be frozen and we would thaw out 2 to 3 at a time to fertilize and then dona frozen transfer. We were successful in retrieving 19 eggs and 17 were successfully frozen. Then 2 months later, I prepared my body for the transfer and transferred 2 embryos and that did not result in a pregnancy. Dr. Chow suggested this because he thinks at this point this is our best chance at achieving pregnancy.
I really don't have anything bad to say. I think they were often afraid to say anything so they said nothing most times. I wish they were more compassionate but they do this everyday so they may have turned that part off. But I do think that they are very knowledgeable nurses and well equipped for the job.
Describe your experience with Madigan Army Medical Center.
Again, with this being a military clinic, the turnaround for doctors is mind blogging. I felt like I saw a new doctor almost every visit. And most of them didn't take the time to ready my history or even what I was there for at my appointment. I also am very frustrated with the method of communication with this office. I do not like to communicate through email about time sensitive issues as fertility. But this clinic mainly uses email for communication. I have been at the lab or the pharmacy more times than I would like to count and sometimes you wait in line for your number to be called just to be told when you get up there that there is nothing in the system for you. Obviously, anger and frustration become your immediate emotions and then that turns into sadness because you feel like no one cares that you are spending your time going to the lab and the pharmacy and they don't even put the order in. Then you have to go back to the clinic and still have to wait for them to put it in the system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center.
Describe Gregory Chow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Madigan Army Medical Center.
He suggested we transfer no more than 2 in. He said more thann2 would be a risk to be and any potential children I might bear.
What specific things went wrong at Madigan Army Medical Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Madigan Army Medical Center.
Many times they have forgotten to put in my orders for a blood test or urine test and also forgotten to put in my meds at the pharmacy. They have also forgot to give me syringes now time that I needed them for a cycle treatment starting that night.
Tacoma

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center.

My amh came back elevated, yet he [Dr. Gregory Chow] did not mention it. I did the research myself and at the next appointment I brought up how I had read the elevated amh and the ultrasound to me seemed like PCOS even though he had said we had unexplained infertility. I don't feel that I was really heard or paid attention to...I had to really do research myself and ask questions, versus being guided and encouraged the way someone going through infertility should be.
Advocate for yourself if you are coming to this clinic [Madigan Army Medical Center] in general...I felt that when I was seen by Dr. Chow as well as other staff at this clinic that I had to really do research myself and ask questions, versus being guided and encouraged the way someone going through infertility should be...I was given letrozole at the lowest dose days 3-7, followed by an ovidrel shot and IuI...this is the only treatment we were able to try at this clinic.
How was your experience with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
I had an ultrasound at my first appointment in which it was pointed out that i had "a lot of follicles" which was pointed out as a good thing. My amh came back elevated, yet he did not mention it. I did the research myself and at the next appointment I brought up how I had read the elevated amh and the ultrasound to me seemed like PCOS even though he had said we had unexplained infertility. I don't feel that I was really heard or paid attention to.
Advocate for yourself if you are coming to this clinic in general. As a military spouse, I have seen first hand how sometimes the level of care in a military facility is not always great. I felt that when I was seen by Dr. Chow as well as other staff at this clinic that I had to really do research myself and ask questions, versus being guided and encouraged the way someone going through infertility should be.
At this clinic in general, you seem to see different people every time. No one really reads up on your history from past appointments that thoroughly. I felt like having too many people involved made everything less effective.
I was given letrozole at the lowest dose days 3-7, followed by an ovidrel shot and IuI. Before moving away, this is the only treatment we were able to try at this clinic. I only produced one decent follicle and was told my lining looked good, yet it did not work.
The nurses mostly just came in to observe as it was required when there is all male doctors. I didn't have any real conversations with the nurses, as any blood draws were done in a lab at another part of the hospital.
Describe your experience with Madigan Army Medical Center.
The one strength this clinic has is their front desk manager Mike. He always makes people laugh and feel better in the waiting room. He is the one ray of sunshine in that clinic, as everyone else had rather serious personalities. A huge downfall I feel is the location. This clinic is directly next to the maternity / OB so from the waiting room you can see the pregnant moms coming in and out. It is extremely difficult to sit there while you're struggling, and consistently see into the room you wish so badly to be in. I also feel this clinic needs to not have a different doctor at every appointment. It makes it really hard to connect and feel like someone really knows what is going on with you, when it is someone new each time.
One blessing was that we did not have to pay for service here. Even the IUI was free which with it not working, I am glad we did not have to pay.
What specific things went wrong at Madigan Army Medical Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Madigan Army Medical Center.
I mentioned a bit earlier, that the cysts on my ovaries and elevated amh level was ignored. I brought up myself that I believed I had PCOS, yet they didn't seem to think so. Yet, at a new clinic right away the doctor said yes PCOS.
Tacoma

I love Dr.Chow. He creates a plan tailored to you as a patient. He carefully looks over past history and goes from there. When talking to him I don’t feel as though he is “sugar-coating” things. But he does make sure you understand.... Dr.Chow makes sure to explain everything in a way that you will understand. He also makes sure to answer any and all questions that you have.
Even though if is very tough to get a appointment with the clinic [Madigan Army Medical] you will not be disappointed. Everyone there is so nice and helpful. They will do anything that is needed for you. Even if you just have simple questions. They really do care about their patients....The nursing staff are always smiling when they greet you for your appointments. The answer any questions that you may have for them. Also when communicating on the patient portal they are quick to respond.
How was your experience with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
Ask as many questions as you need too.
We have done countless ultrasounds..Going forward we are going to be starting IVF treatments. I know that Dr.Chow will be there every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Madigan Army Medical Center.
Even though if is very tough to get a appointment with the clinic you will not be disappointed. Everyone there is so nice and helpful. They will do anything that is needed for you. Even if you just have simple questions. They really do care about their patients. You will leave there feeling completed.
None

Anovulation, Unexplained, Other
[Dr. Gregory Chow is] Wonderful at his job. My IUIs with him were painless and one resulted in a positive pregnancy test, which is the desired result. I had less cramping or side effects when Dr. Chow did the procedure. He isn’t a man of many words, but that was perfect for me. He was very clear and blunt about everything we were doing.... Letrozole 5mg, since my previous lower dose didn’t work. Produced a chemical pregnancy, which is still a positive!
[Madigan Army Medical Center- Tacoma is] Great at communication. Low availability but once you’re in you won’t ever want to leave! Everyone from the front desk man, Mike, to the doctors, are all exceptional healthcare professionals. Be prepared, do your research and come in ready to get to work!... Letrozole 5mg, since my previous lower dose didn’t work. Produced a chemical pregnancy, which is still a positive!
Anovulation, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Gregory Chow at Madigan Army Medical Center?
Do your research beforehand and be prepared. He doesn’t mince words and will speak to you as an equal. Going in prepared will ease the process for everyone.
He took the time to speak with and explain the process to me, while still doing his job efficiently.
Wonderful. All amazing people