Nurse available by email
Edison, NJ 08817
Princeton
114 Stanhope Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gregory Corsan to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ to a friend?
How was your experience with Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Dr. Corsan made me feel like I waited too long to see him, and the fact that I didn't understand the timeline of "fertility" seemed to frustrate him at first. However, he quickly changed his tune and became very compassionate, explaining that the chances were slim, but he had a "good feeling" that we should try IVF right away. I went through months of treatment, only to have my first cycle canceled due to lack of follicles (after being told my numbers were increasing nicely). My second cycle produced more follicles and I went to retrieval, only to be told by the doctor that there were no follicles in my right ovary and there were 3 in my left ovary but he could not access them because that ovary was "fused" to my uterus and he would risk penetrating the bowel if he attempted to reach it. I will never understand why, after daily vaginal ultrasounds for months, that NOBODY NOTICED that one ovary was inaccessible! It was very irresponsible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Ask a LOT of questions! Do your research and make sure that they give you all the tests you COULD possibly need before going forward. Don't hand over money without discussing the finer points of your anatomy. And don't let the doctors "blow off" your clinical and financial questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
I felt like the doctor cared genuinely about my desire to have children, although he did "scold" me for "waiting so long" at our first meeting, which was off-putting.
Describe the protocols Gregory Corsan used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ and their degree of success.
I remember using Lupron and another medicine that was in a pen. I also used birth control and Follistim. After the first cycle produced no follicles, the treatment was not adjusted in any way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ. (Assigned nurse: Erika)
Erika was very blunt and always seemed overworked, but she always answered my questions in a timely manner. The morning nurses who did the ultrasounds barely spoke to me and made me feel like another in a line of cattle. They were rough with the equipment, which caused me a lot of physical pain and never once mentioned to me an issue with my left ovary being "fused" to the uterus. This issue caused me to have zero eggs retrieved, a service that I paid for that should have been avoided.
Describe your experience with Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
The doctors are very nice, as is the financial person (she is the wife of one of the doctors) but the morning nurses who do ultrasounds are standoffish. In retrospect, I feel like they were filling me with false hope to collect payment from my insurance company (I was nearly 100% covered for IVF at the time). The clinic itself is clean and organized. The reception staff in 2016 was not nearly as nice and welcoming as they are now.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
It was very cattle call. They sometimes didn't adhere to the first come, first served rule. The nurses were rough with the equipment and didn't make me feel comfortable, rather I felt like I was a burden.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
My IVF was almost 100% covered by insurance. I paid about $800 out of pocket at the time.
Describe Gregory Corsan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
At the time (2016) the doctor was very excited that he had a donor available who "always produced twins". Recently, I've been told they prefer eSET.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Edison

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.

...I was treated like a number, one of a dozen and only met with the Dr [Dr. Corsan] once or twice...His low prices and Princeton location is what drew me to his office, and I should have known better -- it's always best to go with word-of-mouth, of which I had none...Having been a patient at 3 clinics in total, I can say that Dr. Corsan and his staff were the least professional and least organized of all 3 (the 2 other clinics were in South Jersey and Delaware). It really pays to get a 2d opinion since you increasingly become a more informed patient and not all Drs are the same -- not all treatment protocols are the same and your patient experience can vary wildly, so please seek a 2d opinion if you choose to go with Dr. Corsan and his team...
I would be wary of seeking Dr. Corsan's services if you're seeking IVF treatment. His low prices and Princeton location is what drew me to his office, and I should have known better -- it's always best to go with word-of-mouth, of which I had none. I was treated like a number, one of a dozen and only met with the Dr once or twice. His staff were nice enough, but were not nearly as informative as they could have been as compared to the 2 other clinics I eventually sought IVF assistance from. Having been a patient at 3 clinics in total, I can say that Dr. Corsan and his staff were the least professional and least organized of all 3 (the 2 other clinics were in South Jersey and Delaware). It really pays to get a 2d opinion since you increasingly become a more informed patient and not all Drs are the same -- not all treatment protocols are the same and your patient experience can vary wildly, so please seek a 2d opinion if you choose to go with Dr. Corsan and his team. Specifically, his clinic only does 5-day transfers and in my case, I would have benefited from a 3-day transfer, since my one embryo (they were only able to retrieve 1 egg -- why they didn't cancel me is a whole other issue) turned into a morula on day 5. Why Dr. Corsan didn't instruct a day 3 transfer is beyond me. Further, when they examined me and saw only 2-3 eggs, why didn't he suggest possibly cancelling the cycle? We were paying cash out-of-pocket and would have benefited greatly from canceling the cycle and converting it to an IUI. Instead, we proceeded unknowingly to retrieval where Dr. Corsan's colleague (Sachdev) retrieved ONLY 1 EGG. To pay thousands of dollars to retrieve an egg that my body would have produced regardless of the injectables is insane and yet Dr. Corsan let us proceed. Why? I have to think it's because the big money is in the retrieval and transfer. What a waste and we were too ignorant to see otherwise. PLEASE PLEASE seek a 2d opinion before you pursue his assistance otherwise you will get what you pay for and it may not be worth the savings in the end.
Get a 2d opinion. There are far more competent RE's out there and if this is your first foray into IVF, Dr. Corsan is now who you want steering the boat.
Dr. Corsan assigned me to a microdose Lupron protocol, which he apparently assigns to all his patients with "unexplained infertility." Even though I wasn't responding well to treatment, he did nothing to change the protocol. Ultimately, they saw 2-3 eggs on ultrasound, but at retrieval, only retrieved 1 egg. It was discouraging because we could have saved thousands of dollars by cancelling and converting the cycle to an IUI, but that would have meant a loss of profits to Dr. Corsan, so they let us proceed to retrieval. Shame on Dr. Corsan and his staff.
Front desk is congenial, but Drs are abrupt and nurses are hard to get a hold of. I wanted to schedule a follow-up post-retrieval with Dr. Corsan, and they made me pay for it, even though the follow-up to discuss what happened should have been part of the overall package price I paid for treatment. I felt nickle-and-dimed by this clinic.
IVF package was about $6500 and was supposed to include all scans, bloodwork, retrieval and transfer. Post-transfer, I waited to see if I would get a follow-up appt to discuss the chemical pregnancy that resulted, but they never called. Instead, I needed to be proactive to schedule it and they charged me for it. I didn't appreciate that. A follow-up appt post-transfer should be part of the overall package so that patients can discuss what happened, what went wrong and what could change for next time. I can assure, there was no "next time" since we took our business elsewhere.
Princeton