Gregory Corsan

Edison, NJ 08817
Princeton
114 Stanhope Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gregory Corsan to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%0
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ to a friend?
...I was treated like a number, one of a dozen and only met with the Dr [Dr. Corsan] once or twice...His low prices and Princeton location is what drew me to his office, and I should have known better -- it's always best to go with word-of-mouth, of which I had none...Having been a patient at 3 clinics in total, I can say that Dr. Corsan and his staff were the least professional and least organized of all 3 (the 2 other clinics were in South Jersey and Delaware). It really pays to get a 2d opinion since you increasingly become a more informed patient and not all Drs are the same -- not all treatment protocols are the same and your patient experience can vary wildly, so please seek a 2d opinion if you choose to go with Dr. Corsan and his team...
How was your experience with Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
I would be wary of seeking Dr. Corsan's services if you're seeking IVF treatment. His low prices and Princeton location is what drew me to his office, and I should have known better -- it's always best to go with word-of-mouth, of which I had none. I was treated like a number, one of a dozen and only met with the Dr once or twice. His staff were nice enough, but were not nearly as informative as they could have been as compared to the 2 other clinics I eventually sought IVF assistance from. Having been a patient at 3 clinics in total, I can say that Dr. Corsan and his staff were the least professional and least organized of all 3 (the 2 other clinics were in South Jersey and Delaware). It really pays to get a 2d opinion since you increasingly become a more informed patient and not all Drs are the same -- not all treatment protocols are the same and your patient experience can vary wildly, so please seek a 2d opinion if you choose to go with Dr. Corsan and his team. Specifically, his clinic only does 5-day transfers and in my case, I would have benefited from a 3-day transfer, since my one embryo (they were only able to retrieve 1 egg -- why they didn't cancel me is a whole other issue) turned into a morula on day 5. Why Dr. Corsan didn't instruct a day 3 transfer is beyond me. Further, when they examined me and saw only 2-3 eggs, why didn't he suggest possibly cancelling the cycle? We were paying cash out-of-pocket and would have benefited greatly from canceling the cycle and converting it to an IUI. Instead, we proceeded unknowingly to retrieval where Dr. Corsan's colleague (Sachdev) retrieved ONLY 1 EGG. To pay thousands of dollars to retrieve an egg that my body would have produced regardless of the injectables is insane and yet Dr. Corsan let us proceed. Why? I have to think it's because the big money is in the retrieval and transfer. What a waste and we were too ignorant to see otherwise. PLEASE PLEASE seek a 2d opinion before you pursue his assistance otherwise you will get what you pay for and it may not be worth the savings in the end.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Get a 2d opinion. There are far more competent RE's out there and if this is your first foray into IVF, Dr. Corsan is now who you want steering the boat.
Describe the protocols Gregory Corsan used in your cycles at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ and their degree of success.
Dr. Corsan assigned me to a microdose Lupron protocol, which he apparently assigns to all his patients with "unexplained infertility." Even though I wasn't responding well to treatment, he did nothing to change the protocol. Ultimately, they saw 2-3 eggs on ultrasound, but at retrieval, only retrieved 1 egg. It was discouraging because we could have saved thousands of dollars by cancelling and converting the cycle to an IUI, but that would have meant a loss of profits to Dr. Corsan, so they let us proceed to retrieval. Shame on Dr. Corsan and his staff.
Describe your experience with Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
Front desk is congenial, but Drs are abrupt and nurses are hard to get a hold of. I wanted to schedule a follow-up post-retrieval with Dr. Corsan, and they made me pay for it, even though the follow-up to discuss what happened should have been part of the overall package price I paid for treatment. I felt nickle-and-dimed by this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Corsan at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ.
IVF package was about $6500 and was supposed to include all scans, bloodwork, retrieval and transfer. Post-transfer, I waited to see if I would get a follow-up appt to discuss the chemical pregnancy that resulted, but they never called. Instead, I needed to be proactive to schedule it and they charged me for it. I didn't appreciate that. A follow-up appt post-transfer should be part of the overall package so that patients can discuss what happened, what went wrong and what could change for next time. I can assure, there was no "next time" since we took our business elsewhere.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine & Fertility of NJ?
Gregory Corsan