Medical SchoolTexas A&M
ResidencyWilford Hall AF Med Ctr
FellowshipCornell
4499 Medical Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gregory Neal to a friend?

6.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of San Antonio to a friend?
My protocol [with Dr. Gregory Neal] was very mild since my issue was tube related. It worked well and my cycle went very smoothly. I received a good number of eggs retrieved and ended up with embryos left to freeze...was extremely kind and informative. He took the time to answer all of our questions thoroughly. He never rushed us or made us feel like a number. He was very gracious and understanding of our needs and expectations. It was heartwarming that he was willing to help us and understood the struggles we had dealt with.
How was your experience with Gregory Neal at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Dr. Neal was extremely kind and informative. He took the time to answer all of our questions thoroughly. He never rushed us or made us feel like a number. He was very gracious and understanding of our needs and expectations. It was heartwarming that he was willing to help us and understood the struggles we had dealt with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Neal at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Ask all of the questions you want. No question is a bad question. It is important for you to feel comfortable and Dr. Neal will help with that!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Neal at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Every time I walked into the clinic I was greeted by name. The care was individualized specifically to me and I always felt that the clinic was available to help with any questions or concerns I had.
Describe the protocols Gregory Neal used in your cycles at Fertility Center of San Antonio and their degree of success.
My protocol was very mild since my issue was tube related. It worked well and my cycle went very smoothly. I received a good number of eggs retrieved and ended up with embryos left to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
All of the staff I encountered at FCSA was extremely helpful and welcoming. They also made us feel part of the family every time we set foot in the clinic. They were available for all questions and any concerns that we had during the process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The clinic was very welcoming. They offered an online portal that allowed me to track all of my results and scans if I needed/wanted to refer back to them. They helped me walk through the process so everything was very seamless.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Neal at Fertility Center of San Antonio.
We won a grant through Resolve/FCSA that provided us with an IVF cycle. We were responsible for the medications, sperm freezing, and embryo freezing. Overall, it was roughly $5K.
Describe Gregory Neal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Yes, due to my age and fertility issues they wanted to transfer one embryo. They explained all of the reasons and rational behind it so we were confident in their decision.
Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
Very knowledgeable and professional. Kind and caring. Very evidence based. Friendly and reassuring. Definitely working hard for his patient’s success. ... We did three retrieval’s with him and each one I got a lot of follicles on fairly low doses of medication. ... Due to my uterus shape he would only transfer one which I think was smart as far as the risks for twins with my uterus (bicornuate uterus).
Male Factor, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gregory Neal at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Very knowledgeable and professional. Kind and caring. Very evidence based. Friendly and reassuring. Definitely working hard for his patient’s success. He loves what he does and has many many babies that have been born that are thanks to his expertise.
Be patient with the process.
They knew me well and related to me in a personal level.
We did three retrieval’s with him and each one I got a lot of follicles on fairly low doses of medication. I was 29. I’m not sure if it was my husband’s sperm (he did take supplements!) or my eggs but even after retrieving 22 eggs or around there most times, we ended up with 4 embryos, 1 embryo, and 2 embryos. This doesn’t count the one three day embryo transfer and one 5 day blast we transferred. Because of my uterus shape, he would only transfer one embryo and I think that’s part of why it didn’t work. I also think an FET was the best course for me because I always had negatives with fresh transfers but I at least got a chemical with the FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Elena)
Elena isn’t there anymore but I loved her. Her spirit and drive and positivity and encouraging attitude. When she had to call me to say it was negative, she was genuinely sad. And I needed help with a shot one morning when I had an ultrasound, she was ready to assist and with a sweet helpful attitude. The rest of the nursing staff seemed great too. But she made it feel comfortable to really know someone there who cared.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The nursing staff is great the physicians are excellent. I feel that they all work together really well. I believe they have meetings each morning to discuss patient cases (with all of the doctors and the nursing lead staff) so that everyone can thoughtfully brainstorm or troubleshoot together. And so that they all know their patients well. I really thought I would get pregnant here; their expertise is fabulous. The embryologist, Dr. Poole is incredible. He is top tier. He even discussed all of my questions and concerns about embryos a couple years later. He was scientific and pragmatic, with speaking compassionately (or not too harshly anyway).
Our insurance covered most of everything (Starbucks!) But our deductible or meds or something ended up costing I think about $1500 a cycle.
Due to my uterus shape he would only transfer one which I think was smart as far as the risks for twins with my uterus (bicornuate uterus). But we didn’t have success with one embryo and we did have two positive pregnancy tests in later years (though they were FET) when another doctor put in two embryos.
San Antonio

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gregory Neal at Fertility Center of San Antonio.

He’s kind caring and compassionate. He [Dr. Neal] also thinks through each thing according to my medical history not just the same as everyone else. He stays positive always hoping with us for our desired outcome!...A couple times he’s approached me in the hall to talk about my case which always surprises me that he can see my face and think about the different things that have happened in my personal experience... We used icsi due to my husbands low count. Now with FET we’ve adjusted my progesterone
How was your experience with Gregory Neal at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
He’s kind caring and compassionate. He also thinks through each thing according to my medical history not just the same as everyone else. He stays positive always hoping with us for our desired outcome!
Na
He’s so kind! He knows me. A couple times he’s approached me in the hall to talk about my case which always surprises me that he can see my face and think about the different things that have happened in my personal experience
We used icsi due to my husbands low count. Now with FET we’ve adjusted my progesterone each time in hopes of achieving a healthy full term pregnancy. I also have gone from a natural cycle to a medicated cycle because I didn’t get pregnant with two tries on the natural protocol
It can very! My favorites are kristi and Cheryl because they are always warm and positive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
You have to watch the charges and make sure things are correct. They granted me a refund for a cancelled cycle which was good, but then it got a little confusing paying for the next. We figured it out but I think there was an additional charge I had them remove. I overheard another couple saying they’d been billed twice. They are quick to fix things and I don’t believe it’s intentional but you do have to pay attention if you are paying out of pocket
First IVF - 20k with meds 1st FET - 2500 2nd FET - 2500 3rd FET - 4000 4th FET - 4000
San Antonio

Dr. Neal is the best around. He took time to talk with me in detail every visit and explains things very well. He is so nice and comforting in this hard time of trying to get pregnant! I can’t wait to get back and try my IUI treatment for the 3rd time before moving to IVF! I would never trust another doctor with my fertility journey.... I loved the office of Dr. Neal. I was very taken care of and cared for. I would never choose another fertility dr.
European, Other
How was your experience with Gregory Neal at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Go see him right away! He will change your life and is the best!
I got the IUI done and took meds and a shot to push along ovulation.
Nursing staff was all very professional and amazing! Always there to help and answer any questions I might have at any time.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The clinic is nice and the front desk staff are very nice and knowledgeable!! I never had to wait long in the waiting room and the office was easy to get to and find. The accounting staff always helped me understand the payments and work with me if I needed to make a payment late for any reason.
I paid a very small cost compared to what a IUI treatment would cost. They really have great prices I feel comfortable paying.
I haven’t had any embryo transfers yet.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Great experience! We got in quickly and got to speak with Dr. Neal when we requested. He got to know us on a personal level also. He made us feel comfortable and able to ask questions. We truly enjoyed working with Dr. Neal, he is a great doctor...He genuinely cared and listened to us. He gave us several options and not just one final answer. He worked with us and our emotions... agonist protocal
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Gregory Neal at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
Go to him with lists of questions, he will answer them.
agonist protocal
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of San Antonio. (Assigned nurse: Irene)
She let me talk for several minutes, ask questions, cry and she was patient during all of it. In the office and on the phone she was there for us. See always had a smile and would talk us through every step.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
Quick turn around time for appointments, timely appointments, great business department, cost too much, great nurses, good 24 hour nurse help line, wish i had personal email for my nurse, but they typically get back to you quickly.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of San Antonio?
San Antonio

Dr Gregory Neal as a doctor was great. He had great communication skills and very compassionate. He went through every option that was available to us and the risk of any. He was the first doctor that we saw during our initial visit and he was very detailed in every option and very detailed in hes response... It was very difficult to get in touch with the doctor or nurses when you had questions.
Clomid, IUI
They are all great and friendly. but they have very poor communication skills when you step out of the office. It was impossible to get a call back. I would have to leave messages on the portal and leave several voicemails. Sometimes it was urgent and they would get back to me like 3-5 days later
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of San Antonio.
The clinic is great! Very clean, friendly staff, receptionist greets you by name. I wish they would offer in house payment plans. IVF is expensive but not everyone has the credit to go through a third party company. and learn to communicate better.
Around $7,000
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of San Antonio?