Medical SchoolU of Colorado Denver
ResidencyNorthwestern
FellowshipUSC
6332 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gregory Rosen to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Partners Medical Group to a friend?
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
We loved Dr. Rosen. He was compassionate and gave us fantastic care. I have no complaints. He was willing to trust our past success with other physicians as opposed to being arrogant and having to do things his own way. He did not have an agenda other than accommodating our needs as a family according to our values.... He was kind, respectful and above all he was willing to work within our ethical parameters to help us get pregnant.
European, Latino, Other, Prefer not to answer
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
To be willing to discuss and put forth your opinions so that he can know where you are coming from. I truly believe that is how we got pregnant!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
My husband and I are very conservative in the way we approach I've. We are less concerned with pregnancy and more concerned with the preservation of life. Though Dr. Rosen disagreed with our standpoint he never made us feel guilty or that our ethics were a problem. He was kind, respectful and above all he was willing to work within our ethical parameters to help us get pregnant.
Describe the protocols Gregory Rosen used in your cycles at Reproductive Partners Medical Group and their degree of success.
For a frozen embryo transfer we used progesterone in Ethyl oleate, no birth control, and estrace pills. We also did strict bedrest.
I had access to my physician often so the nursing staff and any issues I had was less bothersome. Truthfully, I did not find them to be anything but vanilla.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I DO NOT like that this clinic is located in Beverly Hills. They also always ran late. They billed properly and we're helpful with cash pay, but the running late drove me crazy. Sometimes it would be an hour or two late!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
It totally ruined my schedule. But I will say that compared to other offices I've seen I felt valued and like I was the only patient. Though they ran late, it was because they never rushed you and we're willing to spend quality time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Rosen at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
We began with insurance coverage and ended up paying cash. We paid approximately $10,000 for a transfer.
Describe Gregory Rosen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Our embryo quality was very good and our physician believed that statistics showed we would lower our chances of preserving each individual embryo if we put more than one in. We chose to do one at a time.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Rosen took the time to really learn my body, how it worked and what course of action we should take. He always made my health a priority and never proceeded with a cycle of things weren't 100%. He was humorous when he needed to be to and compassionate when we needed it. He was very thoughtful in his plans and he showed no hesitation to cancel plans for a transfer of something wasn't right and my body wasn't cooperating. I never felt rushed during appointments and took the time to explain everything to me as many times as I needed it.
2013 - 2016
Male Factor, Other
He is flamboyant, has a sense of humor. I appreciated this because it humanize him and allowed us to connect as humans more. He has a tough job, and I can understand his need to lighten the mood.
Dr. Rosen become someone who genuinely became concerned with my health first and foremost. He constantly reassured me that it wasn't about getting us pregnant, it was about getting us a healthy pregnancy and baby. He was available to us to talk us through results, plans, and he learned about us as individuals.
After 3 failed IUIs, we proceeded with having a hysteroscopic polypectomy to ensure my uterus was ideal for egg implantation. We used an antagonist protocol to suppress ovulation and stim: gonal F, Lupron and then a trigger shot. He had me on a low dose of aspirin and Synthroid to lower my thyroid level to enhance our chances. I ovulated naturally, had a good number of follicles and was "young" by fertility standards. Through our monitoring of my cycles for months prior to beginning IVF, he learned how my body responded to meds. We found that my body was not absorbing the progesterone suppositories well enough to sustain a pregnancy, so we changed to PIO injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Eva Duncan )
The office staff, from the front desk people to the nurses were wonderful. I bonded with a few people and they were there to answer my many emails, questions, help me resolve any insurance billing issues and more. They took care of me personally.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
They are incredibly busy, but I found if I made my appointments for first thing in the morning at opening, I was in and out quicker. Even if I was seen "late" I was never rushed during my appointment.
We chose a plan that was $18k for a retrieval one subsequent transfers. We did not have fertility coverage from our insurance at the time, but we were able to finance our cycle through our clinic.
Dr. Rosen constantly explained that he wanted us to have a healthy pregnancy and baby-this meant he was comfortable with transferring one embryo at a time. I felt the same way, and being a premature twin myself, I understood his reservations about transferring more than one. Especially given that our primary reason for needing IVF was male factor infertility.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
I would highly recommend Dr Rosen and Dr Huang. They are both extremely knowledgeable and very trustworthy. They do not always tell you what you want to hear, but you know that they are always being honest with you. They also have a great way of explaining things that can be very difficult to understand...They also gave me their cell phone numbers and called me personally after each procedure to check on me.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Meet with him for a consultation to see if you feel that it would be a good fit.
Dr Rosen and Dr. Huang always know who I am when they see me walk through the door. They also gave me their cell phone numbers and called me personally after each procedure to check on me.
We tried IUI and IVF with our own eggs and sperm, but are now in the process of using donor eggs.
The nurses were always very knowledgeable and compassionate. I felt that they often went above and beyond.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Pros - I like that the clinic is open seven days a week and that they are open very early in the morning. The office is very nice. Cons - Parking is difficult to find, unless you park in the ramp, which is expensive and isn't validated. The financing for donor eggs is very difficult to understand. We even sat down with one of the staff from the office who walked through the different scenarios with us, but there were so many conditions that it was very difficult to figure out ahead of time how much money we needed for everything. The whole egg donation process was very confusing and stressful. There is a contact person at the office, but you need to do most of the legwork on your own to find a donor and an agency first, which is a difficult process. We felt very alone during this process.
Very confusing
Los Angeles
He [Dr. Gregory Rosen] made some vital mistakes. I shared I had symptoms of hypothyroidism and insisted my thyroid be tested. When the results returned a TSH level over 3, Dr. Rosen insisted this was normal. I later on my own had my thyroid tested by well known Endocrinologist who shared I did in fact have two issues going on with my thyroid. This Endocrinologist shared ideally a person's TSH level should be 2.5 or lower in order to conceive. He also shared, when under going fertility treatments with the use of fertility meds, a compromised thyroid is further compromised. Medication dosages should be adjusted accordingly. I found Dr. Rosen to be too egotistical at times. Perhaps needless to say, I left Reproductive Partners shortly after.
He made some vital mistakes. I shared I had symptoms of hypothyroidism and insisted my thyroid be tested. When the results returned a TSH level over 3, Dr. Rosen insisted this was normal. I later on my own had my thyroid tested by well known Endocrinologist who shared I did in fact have two issues going on with my thyroid. This Endocrinologist shared ideally a person's TSH level should be 2.5 or lower in order to conceive. He also shared, when under going fertility treatments with the use of fertility meds, a compromised thyroid is further compromised. Medication dosages should be adjusted accordingly. I found Dr. Rosen to be too egotistical at times. Perhaps needless to say, I left Reproductive Partners shortly after.
He has great reviews and mainly is well regarded. I have met several people who like me found he made some mistakes that would have made the difference between successfully conceiving or not. He is friendly enough.
I felt like patients were on a conveyor belt. Get them in and out. Myself included. At random times I would be presented with a different doctor without being told this would happen on the dates of the appointments.
We used Femara tablets I believe cycle days 5-9 and triggered ovulation using an injection. If memory serves it was Ovidrel. Femara was used to help recruit multiple eggs to grow. Ovidrel was used to make sure I actually ovulated. I used Clear Blue OPKs at home to monitor my surge.
I felt comfortable with all the nurses at all times. I don't recall any issues.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
There are several other doctors within this clinic worthy of seeing.
I actually don't recall. It was competitive to the market.
Los Angeles
He [Dr. Rosen] was always personable but i felt he sometimes contradicted himself - telling me different things on later vista than what he had said on earlier visits. I also remember feeling conflicted between following his advice to the letter and going with my gut instinct. I wanted to trust him as he's the professional but something just told me I still had to look out for my own best interests...I think he's very realistic with you - maybe somewhat pessimistic. I feel he's probably better with IVF patients - I don't feel he gave the exact same attention / seriousness to IUIs.
He was always personable but i felt he sometimes contradicted himself - telling me different things on later vista than what he had said on earlier visits. I also remember feeling conflicted between following his advice to the letter and going with my gut instinct. I wanted to trust him as he's the professional but something just told me I still had to look out for my own best interests.
I was always treated pleasantly I think - sometimes I was spoken down to or not given enough info but overall it was OK
2 IUI cycles with clomid. Good balance of seeing what happened naturally with an extra, non-invasive boost given my age. At the initial consult, Rosen said how critical timing was and how it was best to have the sperm there waiting for the egg to release. On both failed IUIs with him, the pre-procedure U/S showed I had already ovulated - he said it was fine as the egg could last up to 24 hrs but I felt it contradicted what he's said originally and was not giving me my best chance.
Very professional - I always felt well looked after
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I think they take you more seriously for IVF - for IUI, you have to do more self-advocating and suggest treatments you've heard about. They are always busy - which is not necessarily a bad thing - but sometimes there are long waits to be seen. It's a calm, friendly, clean facility - the nursing team are great - the doctors I just found a little distracted.
I think around $80-$120 per visit - usually because each involved an ultrasound. I think the actual IUI was about $300
2013 - 2015
Dr. Rosen is a bit sarcastic and sometimes comes off a bit short, but in times of need, he proved to be very caring and sympathetic. I felt completely confident in his abilities and he is an exceptionally knowledgeable physician. I ended seeing Dr. Rosen for the bulk of my IVF visits, and eventually came to appreciate him and find comfort in dealing with him...My FET included ICSI for male factor and was preceeded by estrogen patches. Following the transfer, I was put on a very long course of progesterone supplements.
2013 - 2015
He and Dr. Huang have very different bedside manners, but they both care equally about success for their patients.
At first, I didn't feel quite as comfortable with him as I did with his partner, Dr. Huang. He is a bit sarcastic and lacks the bedside manner.
I can't exactly recall the specific protocol, but it involved about 10-14 days of injections pre-retrieval. My FET included ICSI for male factor and was preceeded by estrogen patches. Following the transfer, I was put on a very long course of progesterone supplements.
Terribly disorganized, low-level skill, limited experience, poor communication
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
Incredibly disorganized and overpopulated; poor communication; very inexperienced with blood draws ; left hand and right hand don't communicate; felt impersonal; constant turning over of staff; the absolute worst
The experience felt like a 'baby mill' that was overpopulated and, as a result, it made me feel very nervous that they couldn't keep focused on my specific protocol.
Competitive but extremely costly for us
Both of my doctors recommended a single embryo transfer without hesitation.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Rosen is very attentive and does his part to make sure you understand what he's doing. He's matter of fact but in a way I appreciate. He always makes sure I understand what he's saying. He's also very clear in how he explains things and always asks if you understand or have questions.... My case was unique because I came in with issues. I had fibroids and cysts and scar tissue from previous surgeries so a lot of time was spent trying to get me healthy. Now that I am Dr. Rosen is assisting us through IUI using Clomid .
European, Other
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Ask questions. He will be happy to answer them.
The nursing staff is very empathetic and kind. They're always very busy but they do their best to make you feel comfortable and at ease.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
I really like the clinic. I think overall they do a great job. There's sometimes a long waiting period but it's a busy clinic with sought-after doctors so I'm always understanding of that and I make my appointments with that in mind (avoid Fridays if you can!) I think the billing dept is competent but not as friendly as I would like considering how much money I spend each week (my insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments)
Each ultrasound is $160. The IUI is $400. The blood work is $60.
Los Angeles
He's [Dr Gregory Rosen of Reproductive Partners] an amazing doctor, but it's ok to get another opinion too...He was always reachable via phone and e-mail. Addressed all of our concerns and took me seriously. The only problem is that I think he was a little too optimistic...Tona is an amazing lady and I am really glad she was available whenever I needed her...It was about $15k per IVF cycle including meds.
He's an amazing doctor, but it's ok to get another opinion too.
He was always reachable. Addressed all of my questions. Gave as much detail as I needed. Was warm and reassuring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Partners Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Tona)
It was about $15k per IVF cycle including meds.
2013 - 2014
IUI, 1 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Rosen] is a great doctor that is very direct and honest. He does not sugar coat anything. It is tough sometimes hearing the truth but sometimes the truth is exactly what you need to hear. You get that with him.
2013 - 2014
IUI, 1 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He is a great doctor that is very direct and honest. He does not sugar coat anything. It is tough sometimes hearing the truth but sometimes the truth is exactly what you need to hear. You get that with him.
Don't expect to be told what you want to hear: expect the truth.
I felt that Dr. Rosen and his team knew who I was and was diligent about following through with me after a failed retrieval.