Medical SchoolThomas Jefferson
ResidencyCase Western
FellowshipCase Western
2340 East Meyer Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64132
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gregory Starks to a friend?

4.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Midwest Health (HCA) to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
He [Dr. Gregory Starks] exhibits a kind, caring attitude. My family was also extremely impressed with his bedside manner...explains everything in great detail. I’m an RN and wanted to thoroughly understand my diagnoses, and I always left with a thorough understanding. If questions came up after I left the office, a quick phone call would answer them...Did 1 round of IUI with letrozole and HCG trigger shot. Found a polyp on U/S during that cycle. Put on birth control again and had a sonohysterogram. Had surgery to remove polyp. Did another round of IUI with letrozole and HCG trigger shot, and found a low/declining sperm count. Seeing urologist for male factor infertility now.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
He’s kind and explains everything in great detail. I’m an RN and wanted to thoroughly understand my diagnoses, and I always left with a thorough understanding. If questions came up after I left the office, a quick phone call would answer them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
I was told that “if you can get pregnant at all, Dr. Starks is the one who can assure you leave his office pregnant.”
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
He exhibits a kind, caring attitude. My family was also extremely impressed with his bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Gregory Starks used in your cycles at Midwest Health (HCA) and their degree of success.
I was put on birth control, then had surgery for endometriosis (stage 4). Also had a fibroid removed at that time. Got a high dose of Lupron in the recovery room. 5 months of menopause. Did 1 round of IUI with letrozole and HCG trigger shot. Found a polyp on U/S during that cycle. Put on birth control again and had a sonohysterogram. Had surgery to remove polyp. Did another round of IUI with letrozole and HCG trigger shot, and found a low/declining sperm count. Seeing urologist for male factor infertility now.
My phone calls are always returned and questions answered. They’re quick to respond to calls and emails. Both nurses that I have had experience with have gone through infertility too, I believe, so they’re very understanding.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
They run like a well-oiled machine and value you and your time as much as their own. They’re easy to get ahold of and work with. They do their best to save the patient money and not waste your time. Highly recommend them!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA).
We were without insurance and have spent roughly $18,500 out of pocket.
Describe Gregory Starks's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Midwest Health (HCA).
Kansas City

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA).

We only met with Dr. Starks for our initial consultation. Never saw him after that. Dr. Starks nurse Brandi [Midwest Health] called all the shots. ... I don't feel like my care is based around my needs. They have an order set that they set for all patients. ... I don't feel like I had a doctor caring for or about me. ... IUI#1 letrozole 5mg at bedtime cycle day 3 for 5 days. Trigger shot same day as insemination=BFN IUI #2 letrozole 5mg at bedtime cycle day3-7. Insemination 24hrs after trigger shot. =BFN IUI#3 Clomid 50mg at bedtime cycle day3 for 5days. Insemination 36hr after trigger. =BFN *I had a low Progesterone of 5 after IUI and they would NOT prescribe progesterone supplements.
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
We only met with Dr. Starks for our initial consultation. Never saw him after that. Dr. Starks nurse Brandi called all the shots. She prescribed medications, performed my 3 IUI's, and answered questions. I don't feel like I had a doctor caring for or about me. Just a nurse practitioner who sometimes came across nonchalant.
I'd say just have a plan B if things are not going as you would like at this clinic.
I don't feel like my care is based around my needs. They have an order set that they set for all patients. We are NOT THE SAME!
Karen is Karen. You'd have to meet her to understand. Brandi the NP is nice but comes across nonchalant. Non of the team is warm and inviting. Just take a number and wait your turn for service is how I feel at this clinic.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
The clinic is dated and I feel like their care is too. The clinic is clean, but doesn't feel warm and inviting. I never knew what my plan of care entailed, what the next step was, or given other options. Just call if you get a positive pregnancy test or call when your period starts so you can get prescribed more medication.
Cost were reasonable,but you get what you pay for.

Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Gregory Starks has been absolutely wonderful! He means business and is blunt - I like that! He wont waste your time with treatments that aren't going to work for you. When I had my miscarriage - he held me while I cried.... He has never tried to push me out or make me feel like my concerns aren't valid.... First 3 IUI - Letrozole, Dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot IUI 4-6 - 150 IU Stim shots, Dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
Dr. Gregory Starks has been absolutely wonderful! He means business and is blunt - I like that! He wont waste your time with treatments that aren't going to work for you. When I had my miscarriage - he held me while I cried. I truly feel like he cares and wants to help me become a mom.
Listen to him. Don't take offense to how honest and blunt he is. It is refreshing and I like it. He is the best of the best.
I have absolutely loved working with Dr. Gregory Starks. From our very first consultation to our miscarriage - he has always taken the extra time with me. When we found out we didn't have a heartbeat - he held me and let me cry. He has never tried to push me out or make me feel like my concerns aren't valid. He has been amazing and always addresses my questions very honestly, and I like that. Not only that - he takes some extra time to get to know me and my husband. Who we are and where we come from. It is really refreshing to meet with him and I totally trust him with my care.
First 3 IUI - Letrozole, Dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot IUI 4-6 - 150 IU Stim shots, Dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot Attempted IUI 7 but too many cysts to proceed treatment. I have unexplained infertility and Dr. Starks told me that normal/healthy couples that can get pregnant on their own should get pregnant with the oral med (letrozole) and IUI. We did not expect it not to work for me. IUI 4-6 - I responded really well to the stim shots and got pregnant on the 5th IUI but miscarried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Health (HCA). (Assigned nurse: Brandy)
Brandy is absolutely awesome!!!! She really cares about her patients and loves each of them. She is awesome at returning messages and emails. She is also really great at explaining the procedure and what to expect from medication.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
The clinic is awesome! The front desk workers are really awesome. The phlebotomist has become my friend. They treat you like family. I have really enjoyed going to this clinic. The only thing I would change is the location. It is in kind of a sketchy part of town and I get nervous when I go down by myself.
Consultation with Dr. Gregory Starks $300 IUI: $200 each Ultrasound/sonogram: $250 each
I will have experience this summer. I have only done IUI

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Starks is clearly knowledgeable and set in his ways when it comes to treatments. He has a funny/sarcastic humor about him which I like but he is also very blunt with you. ... Though as time went on and 4 rounds of letrozole failed, we began to introduce Follistim and IUI to the protocol. Since my ovaries are "stubborn" as they said, they gave me a decent dose of Follistim & letrozole together. My first round of this resulted in a canceled cycle and a canceled IUI due to overstimulation.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
Dr. Starks is clearly knowledgeable and set in his ways when it comes to treatments. He has a funny/sarcastic humor about him which I like but he is also very blunt with you. I don't mind though, I'd rather have the facts!
To go in prepared, if you have questions that he doesn't like, prepare yourself with WHY you are asking those questions. Have some thick skin because he'll probably tell you something you don't want to hear at some point. But he means well.
Although I have been a patient of Dr. Starks for 13 months, I have not physically seen him for 10 months. His Nurse Practioner takes care of everything and she can never remember my name, which is fine. I get it, they have a lot of patients. But during IUI when I'm in the office every other day, you'd think she'd remember. The Ultrasound tech is great though, she chats with me every time and always remembers me.
After I had surgery with Dr. Starks the plan was to use Letrozole since I had previously gotten pregnant from that. Though as time went on and 4 rounds of letrozole failed, we began to introduce Follistim and IUI to the protocol. Since my ovaries are "stubborn" as they said, they gave me a decent dose of Follistim & letrozole together. My first round of this resulted in a canceled cycle and a canceled IUI due to overstimulation. Birth control was recommended to keep my ovaries from getting cysts. After that, 2 more attempts at IUI and both resulted in negative pregnancy tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Health (HCA). (Assigned nurse: Brandi)
Brandi runs the show at this office, she knows her stuff! Her counterpart, Karen, however, is a little rough around the edges. Not the kindest bedside manner, and she's a bit rude if your cycle is "inconvenient." I'm happy I get to work with Brandi.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
A few things I dislike about this clinic. They are not open on weekends, this makes scheduling IUI's, medicated cycles, and beyond very difficult. They only have one ultrasound tech/machine which causes some serious waiting room tension. The waiting room is also shared with an OBGYN's office, so pregnant women are EVERYWHERE. Which sucks when you are going through infertility.
Every follicle scan cost $200, every IUI cost $205. Injections classes cost $75.
Kansas City

Dr Starks, is a very blunt and to the point person. He wants to make sure that every test that could give him a clear picture is done, and if it was done before he wants to do it again to ensure that nothing was missed or nothing changed. While his bedside manner is a bit blunt, he is very knowledgeable and will try and figure out a solution to most every problem...Be prepared to be told the good, bad and the ugly, Dr Starks does not sugar coat if you are overweight and he feels you need to loose weight.
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
I felt like my situation was addressed as a one on one, what we were going through, with the suddenly added male factor was thought out by Dr Starks and he used several approaches when things didn't pan out as we hoped during the cycle.
I did two cycles, one with gonal f 175 for 5 days and femara 5mg for 5 resulting in an IUI which failed and a second iui with gonal f for 10 days and femara 7.5 for 5 days with an iui which failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Health (HCA). (Assigned nurse: Brandi Oude-Alink)
Brandi was amazing, she was always trying to tell me what to expect and prepare me in case we reached worst case scenario. She would call me as many times needed or email me to answer all of me questions, and would get back to me within a few hours. When we ran into an issue on one of my cycles she was honest, frank and caring about the possible miscarriage that I had experienced, she was there when I needed someone the most in this situation.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
The clinic is in the hospital so labs can be done fast, any procedure that needs to be done can be done on campus and there is ample parking. The only weakness is the fact that they do not have weekend hours, which made me feel like we were rushing one iui so we didn't miss my ovulation that would have likely taken place on Saturday or Sunday.
Iui was 350 for just the iui, which was not covered by my insurance. Everything else, including monitoring was covered by my insurance so I am unsure of the price of much else.

2014 - 2017
Dr. Starks is honest and to the point...he doesn't sugar coat anything and if it's not going to work he will tell you. He won't dance around tough subjects and always made me feel very hopeful. I feel lucky to have found him for our care... feel that Doctor Starks and I really bonded through the process and I feel like he cared about my family and our success. Sure, he sees a lot of patients and I'm not sure he remembered everything about my history every single time we spoke but he was always honest and kind in his approach.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
Dr. Starks is honest and to the point. He was recommended to me by another patient of his who had twins through IVF. She warned me that he doesn't sugar coat anything and if it's not going to work he will tell you. He won't dance around tough subjects and always made me feel very hopeful. I feel lucky to have found him for our care.
Ask questions, research and go in ready to get to work. The process is long because he only schedules IVF procedures every other month. This can make waiting very hard. Know this going in though to save some of the headache.
Personally, I feel that Doctor Starks and I really bonded through the process and I feel like he cared about my family and our success. Sure, he sees a lot of patients and I'm not sure he remembered everything about my history every single time we spoke but he was always honest and kind in his approach.
I'm not 100% sure about everything we used for our initial round of IVF in 2014. I believe it was just a typical protocol. I did need a laparoscopy prior to my IVF cycle which held up the process. For my current FET cycled we've added blood thinners and additional estrogen due to my previous loses.
Brandi is great and is very thorough. I believe she cares and is always very quick to answer any questions either by phone or email. The calendar she puts together for you is detailed which makes staying on top of all of the meds a little easier. She's an asset to the practice!
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
Strengths: I believe Dr. Starks is the best in the area! Brandi is also amazing and I believe the two of them are the reason that we had success back in 2014. Weaknesses: The waiting room. This has always been a struggle for me since they share a waiting room with a regular OB. This means a lot of pregnant women and teens (on several occasions complaining loudly about being pregnant), sometimes kids/babies present, and an office staff that isn't always as understanding of the delicate needs of an IUI/IVF/FET patient. It would be a much more pleasant experience if they had their own private waiting room with resources dedicated just to their patients.
Total for IVF we spent a bit over $15,000 and that includes that laparoscopy that I needed. For our FET's they were around $5,000 each.
Initially, I was encouraged to do two embryos because of my age. We put in two and only one took. We currently have a perfect 2 year old. For our next FET cycle I was encouraged to only put in one due to risk of twins. We listened and it took but sadly we lost that baby pretty early. I'm currently in the middle of an FET with our last remaining embryo.

7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr Starks was excellent at explaining in details why something did or didn't work. He also clearly covered nextbsteps so that they could be understood.He made every visit comfortable and gave hope when it was needed most.... We started with surgery to remove my endometriosis and cysts on my ovaries.. also to make sure my tubes were open. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis. We started with 3 rounds of IUI and they were unsuccessful.
7 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
Go to his clinic first.
If ever I had concerns or questions I could rely on all back office staff members.
We started with surgery to remove my endometriosis and cysts on my ovaries.. also to make sure my tubes were open. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis. We started with 3 rounds of IUI and they were unsuccessful. Eggs were produced but the damage from the endo prevented them from connecting with sperm. From this point we moved on to IVF.. upon pre-testing found a polyp in my uterus and chose to go ahead and start meds and retrieve eggs.. freeze them.. and have polyp removed before implanting. We agreed frozen eggs would give us the best chance versus surgery, meds, retrieval and implant. Implant of 2 embryos was successfull and we welcomed twins 9 months later.
Brandi, the NP, was amazing. Always very quick to respond and help with everything. Karen was awesome.. always honest and super caring. Kristi, sonographer, was always very caring and spent the time needed.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
The front desk staff was helpful for the most part. The location of the office wasn't always convenient but well worth it. The back office staff was amazing and always helpful as mentioned previously. I can't say enough positive things about the NP, Brandi.
It was very reasonable compared to other clinics.
Kansas City

[Dr. Gregory Starks] Tested hormones and ca-125 after looking at a very in depth medical history questionnaire. He suspected endometriosis right away just looking at my medical history, though. Laperoscopy (dx and cleaning of Endo)and Lupron-depot(hormone suppression) for a clean slate to start fertility procedures. Laperoscopy confirmed stage 4 endometriosis...Dr Starks is a straight shooter and I believe, honest. He definitely has a plan which is comforting and doesn't waste time. He only does what is necessary. So far everything he's done has been on point and has made sense.
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
Dr Starks is a straight shooter and I believe, honest. He definitely has a plan which is comforting and doesn't waste time. He only does what is necessary. So far everything he's done has been on point and has made sense. But that's what we wanted. We wanted a Dr. with a plan and explanation for it. We have done 3 IUIprocedures and hoping for a positive this last round as I had 3 mature follicles on letrozole, but thankful we have a diagnosis from The previous "unexplained infertility" by a previous R.E. Worth that second opinion and enhanced quality of life since my Laperoscopy and Lupron-depot for stage 4 endometriosis
If you're looking to have a counseling session or be babied, he's probably not going to do that. When you go see him, be ready to hear the truth. He's there to get the job done, not drag things out, and knows his stuff. His nurses and staff are great, too! They have always promptly returned calls. They are all very genuine people.
He met with us and went over my medical history. He listened and found a reason before just jumping into treatment. He had a plan!
Tested hormones and ca-125 after looking at a very in depth medical history questionnaire. He suspected endometriosis right away just looking at my medical history, though. Laperoscopy (dx and cleaning of Endo)and Lupron-depot(hormone suppression) for a clean slate to start fertility procedures. Laperoscopy confirmed stage 4 endometriosis. My body restarted from hormone suppression with "the pill", slowly but surely.(3 months) Birth control pill to build lining, have a "period" and then I started IUI with letrozole. I was happy he doesn't just offer every patient clomid as I've learned it's not the best for my smaller frame.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Midwest Health (HCA). (Assigned nurse: Brandi )
So wonderful! After IUI she gives a good luck ritual tummy air rub and she is honest and upfront if she has concerns or needs to deliver advice. She quickly answers calls even though she is busy and once she looked up if supplements I was on were safe, even though she didn't have to and called me after she found the answers.
This office just charges what is necessary. Our iui's were way cheaper than the last RE quoated us.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Starks is very knowledgeable about all things infertility, but he sees a lot of patients so it's not as "personalized" as I would have liked. He's VERY compassionate and easy to talk to but you have to be ready to ask questions and take notes or he'll breeze right through what he's telling you...Dr. Starks will always start you on a medicated cycle without treatment (clomid/letrozole without an IUI) first. He only let me go 3 rounds since I have stage 4 endometriosis and didn't want to risk the stuff he cleared out building back up. He cleared me out with surgery first. Then, we went on to injectable cycles with IUIs. I much preferred this because it generally produces more follicles and is more controlled. When you go in to check how large your follicles are, if they are any where above 30mm he'll cancel your cycle because it puts you at risk. I had to cancel an IUI once which was frustrating but I was glad he was keeping my safety a priority.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
Dr. Starks is very knowledgeable about all things infertility, but he sees a lot of patients so it's not as "personalized" as I would have liked. He's VERY compassionate and easy to talk to but you have to be ready to ask questions and take notes or he'll breeze right through what he's telling you (probably because he talks about it all day long). I wasn't very knowledgeable going in to a lot of the appointments so in hindsight I wish I would have researched a bit more so I knew exactly what he was talking about. His nurse Brandi is literally the best - you can call or email her and she'll respond the same day almost always. That was a relief when you're in the middle of a cycle freaking out over something. You'll usually see her for most appointments, so it's great she's so personal.
Research a bit before coming so you understand terms he uses.
There are a TON of patients that come through that clinic, so I know Dr. Starks doesn't remember me personally. His nurse, Brandi, however definitely knows her patients and treats every one special.
Brandi and Karen (Dr. Starks' nurses) were the best part of that clinic. They are generally very kind and compassionate and always answer your crazy questions with grace.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
The clinic is a general woman's clinic, not an infertility clinic so you'll constantly see pregnant women going in and out for appointments. That's pretty rough when you're in there going through cycle after cycle. They are always pretty nice here.
IUI medications cost around $500 IUI procedure cost $205 Meeting with Dr. Starks cost around $300 (each consult)

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Other
Dr. Starks suggested that we transfer one embryo at the time claims that it is easier for the mom to carry and give birth for one instead of two, however, we want to transfer two... was very straightforward with diagnosing. He Answered all of our concerns even the small once patiently since English isn't our mother language so my husband & I needed more explanation with some medical terms. Since the first visit, he could reduce my stress about IVF.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
Dr. Starks was very straightforward with diagnosing. He Answered all of our concerns even the small once patiently since English isn't our mother language so my husband & I needed more explanation with some medical terms. Since the first visit, he could reduce my stress about IVF.
To book the appointments time ahead.
He was very straightforward.
In February's period (2\22\19), Nurse Oude told to start taking BCP along with prenatal & folic acid & baby aspirin. I asked If I can take fish oil and Vitamin D3, she approved. we had 5 sono&lab from 2\27 through 3\13. On 2\21 stopped BCP. On 2\22 through 3\13 My husband was on Doxy, I was on Dex& Lupron. On 3\3 I started taking Follistim & low dose HCG. The egg retrieval day was on 3\15. The empires(our babies) are frozen. We did not do the transfer yet.
We mostly deal with nurse Brandi Oude. We had some issue with our insurance covering the cost, she help us very much and she was very patient with us. She also responded to our emails very fast before and during the treatment.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
The front desk workers are very welcoming and answer our questions over the phone. Very clean. Sometime we would wait between 10-30 mins to enter after the checkout even that we come on the time of our appointment.
We were lucky and the treatment was covered by the insurance.

2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Starks was patient,thorough and kind. He really listened and was very reassuring. He always gave us options and respected our choices. ... He gave us options, discussed pros and cons, and respected our decisions. He responded quickly with answers to our questions....I had surgery for stage 4 endometriosis in 12/2011. We did our first cycle of IUI in January 2012. Dr. Starks recommended Follistim to help with follicle production due to my advanced maturnal age. ...
2011 - 2012
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
Dr. Starks is a wonderful, compassionate doctor. I felt very comfortable in his care- both for my endometriosis surgery and for our IUI treatment. He gave us options, discussed pros and cons, and respected our decisions. He responded quickly with answers to our questions.
Hang in there during this difficult time in your life. Write down your list of questions before each appointment and take notes so you don’t forget.
I had surgery for stage 4 endometriosis in 12/2011. We did our first cycle of IUI in January 2012. Dr. Starks recommended Follistim to help with follicle production due to my advanced maturnal age. We only needed 1 cycle of IUI because I got pregnant and we ended up with beautiful twin girls!!!!
The nursing staff was wonderful. Helpful, friendly, kind, understanding, ready to help, always very professional, and so caring!
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
Wonderful clinic. Recently remodeled. Conveniently located. We also got care from an OB/GYN at this clinic and we delivered our twins at Research Medical Center. I have nothing but good things to say about everyone.

2005 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
He [Dr. Gregory Starks] was a caring doctor but I felt not aggressive enough. We did so many cycles and kept getting the same results with the same treatment. Would have much rather gone on to ivf then keep spending money on a protocol that wasn’t working for us. ... We did iui with Injectables ... I felt they [Midweest Health HCA] needed to give you more options if the current treatment wasn’t working after several cycles
2005 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
He was a caring doctor but I felt not aggressive enough. We did so many cycles and kept getting the same results with the same treatment. Would have much rather gone on to ivf then keep spending money on a protocol that wasn’t working for us.
Ask lots of questions
I felt like they didn’t know who I was when I called and asked questions after being a patient for many years
We did iui with Injectables
I was told to do something that had catastrophic results by one of his nurses and when I came in the nurse had zero compassion about the situation.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
They did try very hard to get results but ultimately that never happened with this clinic and I feel they didn’t take an aggressive enough approach . I felt they needed to give you more options if the current treatment wasn’t working after several cycles

2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
When we went for our initial consult, Dr. Starks at with us an be talked to us, not at us. He used graphs, charts and pictures to help depict what was going on and what needed to happen. His verbiage was not overly excessive to where we couldn't understand him either....Dr. Starks is a fantastic doctor with a great bedside manner. He listed to our concerns and made us feel comfortable with what the next steps were. We never felt rushed or like another dollar to him. He was personable and down to earth.
2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
Dr. Starks is a fantastic doctor with a great bedside manner. He listed to our concerns and made us feel comfortable with what the next steps were. We never felt rushed or like another dollar to him. He was personable and down to earth. Would definitely return if further treatment was ever needed!
My treatment was fairly simple. I had a clubbed tube with the other tube being partially blocked. He performed a laparoscopic, out patient, procedure to remove the clubbed tube and clean out the remaining tube. That was the end of October and after 6 years of infertility and miscarriages​, we delivered a full term, healthy baby girl the following December!
Very responsive.
Around $10,000
Kansas City

Dr. Starks was very professional and straightforward during our consultation. Dr. Starks is very high recommended. Dr. Starks allowed my husband and I to skip a month of IUI to start injectables with IUI. Dr. Starks was able to listen to our wants and needs...If you want to have Dr. Starks perform your procedures, all you have to do is ask. You might have to wait a little longer but you just need to ask.
How was your experience with Gregory Starks at Midwest Health (HCA)?
Dr. Starks and his nurse Brandi have been amazing. I have mainly dealt with Brandi and she has always been very professional and straightforward. Brandi has always returned my phone calls and emails within a few hours.
During my first IUI, I was on letrozole for 5 days and trigger shot. Negative test. My second IUI, I was on letrozole for 7 days, dexamethasone for 30 days, and trigger shot. Negative test. I will be starting letrozole again tonight for five days, dexamethasone for 30 days, and injectables in two days for five days
Brandi has been the one to complete both of my IUI's. Brandi is very professional and is very kind. Brandi has responded to all my calls and emails within a few hours. Brandi talked with me when I had a breakdown over the phone.
Describe your experience with Midwest Health (HCA).
You might have to wait a few months to get in to see Dr. Starks. Once you are in though, the staff is very kind and professional. It is easy to make appointments and everyone will listen if you have anything on your mind.
All of my ultrasounds and bloodwork were mostly covered by my insurance. The IUI was $200