Medical SchoolAlbert Einstein
FellowshipAlbert Einstein
380 North Broadway
Jericho, NY 11753
516-362-3436
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gregory Zapantis to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New York Reproductive Wellness to a friend?
Dr. Zapantis is kind and knowledgable in his profession. However, he is not always present for office visits and often you are seen by his NP. Something I would have liked to see more of from Dr. Zapantis, however is more explanation of his recommendations going forward after failed treatment. I had to call to make an appt to discuss the next step and they were surprised when I asked to speak to the doctor about my options instead of just jumping to the next IUI cycle. I believe the nature of this work must be difficult however, and he does show compassion and does his best to present you with the facts. He also frequently cites medical literature however still presenting it in laymans terms. He has good bedside manner and has always been kind.
How was your experience with Gregory Zapantis at New York Reproductive Wellness?
Dr. Zapantis is kind and knowledgable in his profession. However, he is not always present for office visits and often you are seen by his NP. This is not a bad thing by any means, just thought I would mention it so you would know what to expect. His NP (who's name i will leave out since review is about Dr. Zapantis, however I believe deserves recognition) was always great with performing ultrasounds, guiding me through the entire process and even doing my first IUI. Dr. Zapantis is present mostly for the initial consultation and then 1-2 visits before the HCG injection. He did perform the 2nd IUI, and have to say it actually hurt a little more than his NP lol..Nothing to really mention or complain about though, really only a little cramping. I'm not sure if this holds true for IVF though since I only did 2 IUIs. Unfortunately both IUIs resulted in negative pregnancies but the process was made a little smoother with the NP, MA and office staff's help. Something I would have liked to see more of from Dr. Zapantis, however is more explanation of his recommendations going forward after failed treatment. I had to call to make an appt to discuss the next step and they were surprised when I asked to speak to the doctor about my options instead of just jumping to the next IUI cycle. I believe the nature of this work must be difficult however, and he does show compassion and does his best to present you with the facts. He also frequently cites medical literature however still presenting it in laymans terms. He has good bedside manner and has always been kind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gregory Zapantis at New York Reproductive Wellness?
Decide whether you want genetic testing done before you go in to the office. I have been to 2 different RE's who have both recommended it, so I'm sure Dr. Zapantis is not alone in ordering it as part of the initial workup. However even after explaining my reasons for wanting to defer the testing (mostly due to cost and there not being any genetic diseases in the family etc) he convinced me to do it and I'm stuck with a tremendous lab bill. Remember it is your choice. Although I'm sure genetic testing can aid in some people's decision process, it does not tell you anything about why you are infertile or your chances of a sucessful pregnancy. To think, how many people get genetic testing done who concieve naturally? Also, they offer you genetic testing once you are pregnant so you can be informed of any issues at that time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gregory Zapantis at New York Reproductive Wellness?
office staff is always very nice. Dr Zapantis and his NPs are always very compassionate and kind.
Describe the protocols Gregory Zapantis used in your cycles at New York Reproductive Wellness and their degree of success.
Treatment strategy was 3 IUIs then IVF. I have done 2 IUIs so far, both negative.
Dr. Zapantis NPs are awesome, they are constantly communicating with you and preparing you for the next step.
Describe your experience with New York Reproductive Wellness.
Staff is very nice and efficient with making appointments. Billing department was unsure of how much my out of pocket costs would be, even after verifying my insurance. I only was able to find out the costs after sumitting to insurance.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gregory Zapantis at New York Reproductive Wellness.
Large cost from outside lab for genetic testing. My office visits/procedures were partially covered by insurance but still costly.
Jericho
95% of my appointment Dr. Zapantis was the person I saw. When my transfer failed he called himself to discuss our next steps and was very sincere...is very knowledgeable and listens to your concerns. He takes his time with appointments and explains every thing so you can understand what is going on. You never feel like a number. I didnt even need to make a follow up appointment to speak with him, as he called as soon as he had my results.
Dr. Zapantis is very knowledgeable and listens to your concerns. He takes his time with appointments and explains every thing so you can understand what is going on. You never feel like a number. I didnt even need to make a follow up appointment to speak with him, as he called as soon as he had my results.
Be your own advocate. As the dr is very willing to listen to your concerns
The entire staff is warm and friendly. 95% of my appointment Dr. Zapantis was the person I saw. When my transfer failed he called himself to discuss our next steps and was very sincere.
Estrogen priming, Gonal 150, Menopur 150, cetrotide. Stimmed for 9 days.
Very warm, felt like they really wanted the best for you
Describe your experience with New York Reproductive Wellness.
Everyone is very nice and helpful. Sometimes you need to call more then once as the office is small and they are busy. Sometimes there is a long wait. I was with a clinic where everything was done at that location, which was great. Dr. Zapantis does retrievals and transfers at a different location.
$800 for the clinic that the retrieval was at. $750 after insurance to the Dr.