Nurse available by email
FellowshipCase Western Reserve
3146 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
608-824-0075
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gretchen Collins to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wisconsin Fertility Institute to a friend?
Based on the results I’m told [by Dr. Gretchen Collins] when to trigger with Ovidrel (if needed) and when to schedule my IUI. My beginning dose of Letrozole was producing 2-3 follicles, I asked to be put on a higher dose and Dr. Collins was willing to do so...is optimistic about getting me pregnant. She takes the time to answer all my questions. Her approach is very personable...She has a good sense of humor, which can help keep the conversation light when needed. She is very knowledgeable about many areas of infertility and will support her treatment plan with research. A couple concerns I have is that her prognosis for us to conceive seemed a little less optimistic than what others with the same age and diagnosis as I have (based on information shared in support groups). Dr. Collins gave me information on supplements to take to improve my egg quality but is not recording any of the supplements I am taking. Overall, we are very happy with the care we’re receiving.
How was your experience with Gretchen Collins at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Collins is very personable. She takes the time to answer all our questions and takes the time to get to know us on a personal level too. She has a good sense of humor, which can help keep the conversation light when needed. She is very knowledgeable about many areas of infertility and will support her treatment plan with research. A couple concerns I have is that her prognosis for us to conceive seemed a little less optimistic than what others with the same age and diagnosis as I have (based on information shared in support groups). Dr. Collins gave me information on supplements to take to improve my egg quality but is not recording any of the supplements I am taking. Overall, we are very happy with the care we’re receiving.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gretchen Collins at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Ask a lot of questions. She’s very happy to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gretchen Collins at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Dr. Collins is optimistic about getting me pregnant. She takes the time to answer all my questions. Her approach is very personable.
Describe the protocols Gretchen Collins used in your cycles at Wisconsin Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I was put on Letrozole and instructed to use OPKs to determine ovulation. If I did not receive a positive result I was instructed to trigger ovulation with Ovidrel. I have an ultrasound on cycle day 11 to determine number of follicles and their size. Based on the results I’m told when to trigger with Ovidrel (if needed) and when to schedule my IUI. My beginning dose of Letrozole was producing 2-3 follicles, I asked to be put on a higher dose and Dr. Collins was willing to do so.
Nursing staff is kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
Clinic is very spa like. It has a very relaxing feeling. I feel the overall approach to help people. I’ve never been treated as a number. Scheduling appointments is easy and we’re able to be seen with little notice. There is also no wait to start procedures. Staff is available 24/7
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gretchen Collins at Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
The IUI procedure is partially covered by our insurance. All procedures involved in IUI is around $500 (total cost, without insurance) We paid $500 for a HSG
Describe Gretchen Collins's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
Currently not using these procedures
Middleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Gretchen Collins at Wisconsin Fertility Institute.

She [Dr. Gretchen Collins] was very informative and explained what tests needed to be completed. She walked us through treatment options and eased our minds on what options are available and could work for us. Dr. ,Collins made me think that my dream to be a parent is still possible.... Dr. Collins laid out all options and set up expectations for my husband and I. We are early in the treatment process, but through explanation of what she wanted to have done, we have renewed faith that we can be parents.
How was your experience with Gretchen Collins at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
She was very informative and explained what tests needed to be completed. She walked us through treatment options and eased our minds on what options are available and could work for us. Dr. ,Collins made me think that my dream to be a parent is still possible.
Come with questions, she is very open to questions and providing answers or finding an answer if she doesn't have one.
We have't begun treatment cycles yet, as we are still working through pre-treatment testing and knowing what will work best for us.
They were warm and friendly. They made us feel welcome from when we walked in until we left. They are open with communication and very quick to answer any contact we have with them.
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
It is a very calming location. It doesn't give off a cold doctor office vibe. It is calming and warm. It helped ease my anxiety of my initial consultation. There are no weakness, that I can provide at this time.
While costs are out of pocket, they were explained up front. Also a company was provided for assistance with fertility loans.
Middleton
Her [Dr. Gretchen Collins'] visits were very personal. She always made you feel like all your silly questions were just as important as all the others. She always took the time to make sure we understood everything she was saying.... First month: 12.5mg femara for 5 days, double ovidrel trigger shot day of ovulation and IUI following day. Second month: 12.5mg femara for 10 days,double trigger shot day or ovulation and IUI same day.
How was your experience with Gretchen Collins at Wisconsin Fertility Institute?
Very caring about all her patients. If one treatment didn’t work, she would adjust it to get a different and hopefully better outcome. Always explained every step so that both my spouse and I could understand.
It’s a long road but Dr. Collins will make that road more bareable.
Her visits were very personal. She always made you feel like all your silly questions were just as important as all the others. She always took the time to make sure we understood everything she was saying.
Very caring. Always answered all questions I had. Always called me back with any concerns.
Describe your experience with Wisconsin Fertility Institute.
Very calm environment. Relaxing music and decorations. Knowledgeable staff. Quiet rooms with calming paint colors. Easy access off the highway. Companionable people for a delicate subject. Treatments are price competitively with all the other clinics in the area.
Initial consult visit: $250 Ultrasound: $250 IUI with fresh sperm: $450
The more eggs the better