Medical SchoolAmerican U. Of Beirut
Katy
23920 Katy Freeway
Katy, TX 77494
281-693-2434
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gus Haddad to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Institute to a friend?
2013 - 2016
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Dr. Haddad was nice, but you never saw him during your visits during your treatment. You feel like you are just a person on a piece of paper. No real personal care. Although I like this office and the nurses their was not a lot of personal interest...Overall the treatment plan was easy to follow and communicated when they said they would. I believe the protocol was much improved compared to my previous IVF dr. You do not have input, but it appeared to be effective.
2013 - 2016
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
The office's were in great location and easy to get in and out. Dr. Haddad was nice, but you never saw him during your visits during your treatment. You feel like you are just a person on a piece of paper. No real personal care. Although I like this office and the nurses their was not a lot of personal interest.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
Understand the expectation of this office prior. If you want personal touch and experience this is not the office for you. The procedures and communication with electric options are clear, but you are disconnect through the process in its entire dealings. I have had many procedures with costly out of pocket costs but they do not care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
This office has some pros and cons. The office you could get in and out of the office quickly, but you almost never saw the Dr. that was in charge of your cycle.
Describe the protocols Gus Haddad used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
At this office you deal with the nursing staff more so than ANY of the Dr.'s. I have been to several of the offices and they all work in a similar fashion. The nurses is whom you always were in contact with for treatment guidelines, questions and overall details.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
Strong on nursing staff and communication through the patient portal. Weakness in personal care of the patient that is spending a lot of money and emotion. I have felt like they did not know me and I had spent several years in their offices under treatment. When going through infertility you need compassion and this office lacks this. It almost felt like it was a society of people and who you knew.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute.
Very expensive but expect this is a normal expectation.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Institute?
Houston - Hous
2012 - 2013
He [Dr Haddad] was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We often felt like he wanted to be a bit more aggressive than we felt was necessary at the time, but I feel like that's better than waiting forever. When we miscarried, he shared that he and his wife had lost a baby too, although he also said that most likely the baby had a genetic issue and that we didn't want to keep a baby with problems anyway. I ended up getting pregnant when we took a month break from treatment, and he followed me through my first trimester anyway.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We often felt like he wanted to be a bit more aggressive than we felt was necessary at the time, but I feel like that's better than waiting forever. When we miscarried, he shared that he and his wife had lost a baby too, although he also said that most likely the baby had a genetic issue and that we didn't want to keep a baby with problems anyway. I ended up getting pregnant when we took a month break from treatment, and he followed me through my first trimester anyway.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He is very straight and to the point, but he's a good doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He generally took the time to explain things to us, but not always. Next steps weren't necessarily specific to us, more about what most people do next.
Describe the protocols Gus Haddad used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I came in having done clomid and femara with ovidrel and timed intercourse with my OB. He continued the femara and did IUI with progesterone, and we got pregnant that month but miscarried. When we tried again, we did the same thing and did not get pregnant, then the next month we took a break and conceived naturally with a healthy pregnancy. It seemed like everything we added was just a "it could help, won't hurt" type thing. We were going to start bravelle the next cycle but ended up not needing it.
Some were better than others, but overall we really liked the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Working in the med center, this was very convenient for me, although they had limited hours for appointments with the physicians.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Natural cycle with IUI: 1200 Clomid with intercourse: 800 Clomid with IUI: 1500 Injections with intercourse: 1500 Injections with IUI: 2300
Houston Fertility Specialists
Houston
2008 - 2013
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
When I relocated to Katy Dr. Hadad took over with my second round of treatment which resulted in a son and my final treatment which resulted in boy/girl twins. He and his staff are excellent and I highly recommend them every time I talk to someone struggling with infertility.... After a miscarriage at 10 weeks with a fresh embryo transfer Dr. Hadad spent time making a treatment plan for me when it came time to transfer frozen embryos. He also recommended a hysteroscopy prior to the transfer of my last two embryos which resulted in twins. His nurses mapped out my medication schedule with me to help me stay on track, called and emailed regularly, and were on top of blood work and follow ups.
2008 - 2013
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
When I first started the fertility journey I saw another doctor with Houston fertility clinic at another location. That was also a great experience. When I relocated to Katy Dr. Hadad took over with my second round of treatment which resulted in a son and my final treatment which resulted in boy/girl twins. He and his staff are excellent and I highly recommend them every time I talk to someone struggling with infertility.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. her daughter and her staff are very thorough and great at making you feel comfortable and confident in them and take the time to help you understand your treatment plan.
Staff and doctor treated me very well, spent time with me, and were very supportive throughout treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lisa (Katy office))
Excellent! Everyone I encountered at the clinic was very friendly and helpful in anyway. No question is too dumv! They are clearly experts and meant to be nurses!
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
I highly recommend them all around. The entire staff is very knowledgeable and thorough. Regardless of the number of emails I sent or phone calls I made someone quickly got back to me with any concerns or questions that I had. Even when my first pregnancy was not successful they were very compassionate and checked in on me multiple times after my d&c. During the next two rounds they continued to stay confident even when I wasn’t. Compassion and the bedside manner goes along way in this industry. It can be an emotional roller coaster for many people, myself included. Having a fertility clinic that doesn’t make you feel like just another number or paycheck can make a world of difference. I am an active member in my area parents of multiples group and I brag about Dr. Hadad and the Houston fertility institute every time I get a chance.
We initially used a medical credit company that they suggested and later got a loan through our bank.
Describe Gus Haddad's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Institute.
N/A (I chose to transferred to embryos each time as I had six successfully created when the eggs were initially retrieved.)
Katy
2012 - 2016
Dr Haddad is very matter of fact and direct. He provided clear expectation with our much emotion...We rarely saw him. We even had to request a consultation at one point because we had not seen him in almost a year. I had used him years before for a surgical issue and I think he was seeing a limited number of patients possible when we began IUI and IVF so it maybe is why he was not frequently present at visits. It was an impersonal experience working with him.
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Come prepared with your questions. If you are looking for a Dr with a warm bedside manner, he may not be the Dr for you. But he provided us with effective and direct treatment and his approach worked for us.
Dr Haddad is very matter of fact and direct. He provided clear expectation with our much emotion. And I feel he would not recognize me in the hallway outside his office.
They were very informative and were the main source for treatment information. The were efficient and kind.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
I tried multiple clinic locations with HFI. And found that service differed between each. In general I found the clinics efficient and helpful. I preferred the staff at the Katy location. They were more personal and made the experience more positive overall.
We were able to cover a lot of our cost through insurance.
Houston Fertility Specialists
Houston
2012 - 2015
4 IVF, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Little contact with Dr. Haddad unless I insisted on speaking with him (and had to justify it to the nurse). However, I knew that he always reviewed my chart and stayed up to date on my protocol....Dr. Haddad is incredibly smart and up-to-date on the latest advances. He is very honest and candid about concerns and prognosis. Over the course of my treatment with him, he became more compassionate as we faced many setbacks. I never stopped trusting that he would help me become a mother, which he ultimately did.
2012 - 2015
4 IVF, Surrogacy
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
Ask him lots of questions! Don't be afraid to ask him why. He's happy to explain it.
We used a high-dose antagonist protocol during my first IVF. After the poor response, we quickly changed to the microdose lupon protocol which worked very well. For future transfers, we also used some immunology treatments (per my suggestion).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Rene Alexander and Julianne Thornton)
Top notch! I wouldn't have made it through my cycles without them.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Institute.
One of the largest clinics in Houston, and full of very competent REs.
I was lucky to have insurance coverage!
Webster
2013 - 2015
2013 - 2015
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Institute?
Dr Haddad is friendly and listens to any concerns and answers any questions. I saw him during my diagnosis stage and then once the course of treatment was defined it was just the nurses up until the IUI. He did some and his other partners did some when he wasn't on call. All staff was great and warm.
You won't see him at every visit but his partners are there too and are equally nice.
I saw the same nurses all the time and could get a hold of them and ask questions easily. When I called I could always speak to a nurse or send an email and they would respond same day. Everyone is super friendly and sweet!
Always cleared up any questions either by phone or email.
Houston - Womans Hospital