4.3

Katy, TX 77494
281-693-2434

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2012 - 2013
He [Dr Haddad] was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We often felt like he wanted to be a bit more aggressive than we felt was necessary at the time, but I feel like that's better than waiting forever. When we miscarried, he shared that he and his wife had lost a baby too, although he also said that most likely the baby had a genetic issue and that we didn't want to keep a baby with problems anyway. I ended up getting pregnant when we took a month break from treatment, and he followed me through my first trimester anyway.
Working in the med center, this was very convenient for me, although they [Houston Fertility Institute] had limited hours for appointments with the physicians... Some were better than others, but overall we really liked the nursing staff...He [Dr Haddad] generally took the time to explain things to us, but not always. Next steps weren't necessarily specific to us, more about what most people do next.
How was your experience with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We often felt like he wanted to be a bit more aggressive than we felt was necessary at the time, but I feel like that's better than waiting forever. When we miscarried, he shared that he and his wife had lost a baby too, although he also said that most likely the baby had a genetic issue and that we didn't want to keep a baby with problems anyway. I ended up getting pregnant when we took a month break from treatment, and he followed me through my first trimester anyway.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He is very straight and to the point, but he's a good doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He generally took the time to explain things to us, but not always. Next steps weren't necessarily specific to us, more about what most people do next.
Describe the protocols Gus Haddad used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I came in having done clomid and femara with ovidrel and timed intercourse with my OB. He continued the femara and did IUI with progesterone, and we got pregnant that month but miscarried. When we tried again, we did the same thing and did not get pregnant, then the next month we took a break and conceived naturally with a healthy pregnancy. It seemed like everything we added was just a "it could help, won't hurt" type thing. We were going to start bravelle the next cycle but ended up not needing it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Some were better than others, but overall we really liked the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Working in the med center, this was very convenient for me, although they had limited hours for appointments with the physicians.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gus Haddad at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Natural cycle with IUI: 1200 Clomid with intercourse: 800 Clomid with IUI: 1500 Injections with intercourse: 1500 Injections with IUI: 2300
Gus Haddad