Strongly recommend: 79%Don't recommend: 21%8

11818 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-828-4008

2020, Unsuccessful
While he [Dr. Ringler] is very likely a highly skilled physician, he was unprofessional in handling our case. When we questioned him on why his own medical standards were not being followed, and rather relying on things the donor or donor agency said rather than actual medical / lab documents, he became defensive. Worse, when he realized how bad our case had transpired at his office and apologized and claimed he was embarrassed, he did little to correct the situation and actually ignored emails....When we had our first Skype call with him, Dr Ringler confused us with another couple, was unfamiliar with our donor, and only had information he was retrieving from the egg donor agency...
She [the nurse] never contacted us for 2 months as the office was receiving information about our egg donor. She then blatantly ignored emails from both us and the search firm we used...They [California Fertility Partners] are likely on the cutting edge of fertility medicine, but our case was handled completely unprofessionally. No communication, ignored emails, ignorance about our case, and relying on non-medical professionals for critical medical information.
How was your experience with Guy Ringler at California Fertility Partners?
While he is very likely a highly skilled physician, he was unprofessional in handling our case. When we questioned him on why his own medical standards were not being followed, and rather relying on things the donor or donor agency said rather than actual medical / lab documents, he became defensive. Worse, when he realized how bad our case had transpired at his office and apologized and claimed he was embarrassed, he did little to correct the situation and actually ignored emails.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Guy Ringler at California Fertility Partners?
While is likely a very skilled physician, make sure your case in handled properly from a medical perspective if using an egg donor (e.g. her exams are done there and/or transferred from other medical facilities to his).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Guy Ringler at California Fertility Partners?
Describe the protocols Guy Ringler used in your cycles at California Fertility Partners and their degree of success.
We were still evaluating both the donor and host for viability of egg/embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California Fertility Partners. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
She never contacted us for 2 months as the office was receiving information about our egg donor. She then blatantly ignored emails from both us and the search firm we used.
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
They are likely on the cutting edge of fertility medicine, but our case was handled completely unprofessionally. No communication, ignored emails, ignorance about our case, and relying on non-medical professionals for critical medical information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Guy Ringler at California Fertility Partners.
$35 for full egg donor cycle and one embryo transfer
What specific things went wrong at California Fertility Partners?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at California Fertility Partners.
As the clinic received important information about our egg donor, they never reached out to us. When we finally got ahold of Dr Ringler, he confused us with a different couple, was unfamiliar with our case, and relied on information from the egg donor agency rather than medical / lab forms for critical medical information. After realizing how badly our case was handled, the apologized yet went on to ignore emails and important questions.
Guy Ringler

2020, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Ringler] asked me to upload the past tests in the patient portal...He did not review the documents uploaded in the patient portal...it was only after I started the cycle... [Dr. Ringler] then informed me that one of the tests is missing! At that time, it was already too late to repeat the test and the chances were that I missed the cycle altogether....
I was treated very poorly and with no respect and empathy by the very same people [staff at California Fertility Partners] that were supposed to support me and take care of me. I have done many IVF/IUI cycles and have been in countless office visits in many fertility centers and have never been treated the way I was treated in CFP, ever. Above all, this clinic does not accept any form of insurance and their charges are super high.
How was your experience with Guy Ringler at California Fertility Partners?
I went to Dr. Ringler at CFP for a natural cycle IUI. I had an initial consult app. On Skype with Dr. Ringler that cost $490. As part of the consult, we discussed the treatment plan for the IUI cycle. At the end of the conversation, he asked me to upload the past tests in the patient portal and also send them to his email address, those tests were critical for the success of the IUI cycle. He was supposed to provide his feedback on whether he had all the tests needed or if any test was missing or needed to be repeated. His promise of looking at the documents was never fulfilled. He did not review the documents uploaded in the patient portal and never responded to my email either. I never received any sort of response and wrongly assumed that he does not need any tests to be repeated, it was only after I started the cycle, that I asked him about the medical history, which he mentioned that he has never looked at the documents I have uploaded in the portal and never received my email, when I mentioned the date that I sent the email, he was able to find it and then informed me that one of the tests is missing! At that time, it was already too late to repeat the test and the chances were that I missed the cycle altogether. Doctors in CFP put notes in the system that nurses, and staff become aware of the discussed and agreed treatment plan and be aware of what needs to be done when the patient starts the cycle. Dr. Ringler did not put any notes in their system and the treatment plan which was agreed on bet. me and him, never been discussed with the nurse and the rest of the team. The goals of the consult session have never been fulfilled, it was a complete waste of time and $490 was a complete waste of money. Unfortunately, Dr. Ringler did not do enough to clarify and resolve anything. He put his staff before the wellbeing of his patient, for not putting any note in the system and not communicating clearly with his staff.
Make sure that you and him are on the same page when it comes to treatment plan. Make sure he puts notes in the system and let the staff and nurses know - ahead of time - of the agreed treatment plan. Make sure he reviews the medical records that you upload in the patient portal or send to his email address and ask for his feedback BEFORE you start the cycle.
Natural cycle IUI, no mediations used.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California Fertility Partners. (Assigned nurse: Leslie)
Once I started my treatment in that center, I was assigned a nurse called: Leslie. Since Dr. Ringler did not put any notes in the system for the agreed plan bet. me and him, the nurse was not aware that I am supposed to go for ultrasound and blood work for the duration of my cycle, she wrongly assumed that I am supposed to go only for one day, she did not bother to clarify this issue with the doctor and wrongly accused me of going for extra ultrasound and blood, this is what she told me: “These are not authorized by the doctor, he only authorized one blood work, I’m dictating what needs to be done and I’m playing the role of a doctor”. She told me that I play the role of doctor, but when at some point, I left the ultrasound room and told her that Dr. Ringler mentioned that he wants to wait to receive the blood results to decide to whether perform the IUI same day or the next day, she immediately rejected the idea, and told me there is no IUI app. available that day and that it must be done the day after! So now, who is playing the role of the doctor?! And it was a natural cycle IUI when timing is everything! She accused me of wasting her time, the doctor's time and the entire CFP staff! She even ordered the entire staff and the front desk to not talk to me and transfer all calls to her so she can handle me in a proper way and prevent me from wasting their precious time! If you do not believe these words, I do not blame you, it IS unbelievable! Who wants to pay extra money for ultrasound and gets poked every day for unnecessary blood work?! When I mentioned the agreed plan bet. Dr. Ringler and I, this was Leslie’s response: “If the doctor does not put notes in the system, it's not my fault.” Even if the doctor did not put any note in the system, how hard was it for her to ask him a simple question and clarify things?! I have been in many fertility centers and Leslie is the least professional nurse I have ever dealt with.
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
It has been by far the most stressful and painful cycle I have ever done, the stress I did not need. I was treated very poorly and with no respect and empathy by the very same people that were supposed to support me and take care of me. I have done many IVF/IUI cycles and have been in countless office visits in many fertility centers and have never been treated the way I was treated in CFP, ever. Above all, this clinic does not accept any form of insurance and their charges are super high. Even a simple phone call goes through channels! When you call this clinic, after you have been on hold for a while, Emily picks up the phone and asks: “Can I put you on a brief hold?!” and sometimes the brief hold becomes eternity, or the call just drops! If you don’t have a very strong reason to see a special doctor in this practice, STAY AWAY! There are much better clinics in Los Angeles within a close proximity of this clinic that accept insurance, or their charges are much better or at least know how to treat patients with respect and dignity.
No insurance accepted. Please note these fees belong to 2020. Consultation session $490. Progesterone: $130, Estrogen $125, LH $125, Blood draw fee: $45, Ultrasound: $285.
What specific things went wrong at California Fertility Partners?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at California Fertility Partners.
Guy Ringler