Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolSt. Louis U.
ResidencyUSC
Bakersfield
100 Old River Road
Bakersfield, CA 93311
661-349-4966
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Hal Danzer to a friend?

5.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southern California Reproductive Center to a friend?
I had started with a different doctor at the same clinic who I adored, but I wasn't getting results. After 3 retrievals we finally got 2 fertilized embryos, but then we couldn't get my uterine lining ready for the transfer...she had me consult with Dr. Danzer..thought I might do better without medication. So we tried a natural cycle with no injections...It worked perfectly and I'm now pregnant...just some pills and vaginal suppositories of progesterone. Nurse Nurse
Most of the nursing staff [at Southern California Reproductive Center] I liked a lot, but the primary nurse for Dr. Danzer didn't seem to care all that much. I felt like my questions annoyed her...felt like my regular ultrasound technician Amanda and all the lab people were rooting for me and genuinely cared about what happened to me. Some other staff members don't bond with the patients as much, but overall I felt like I was in great hands and I'll actually miss seeing a lot of the people over there.
How was your experience with Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Danzer really listened to all my concerns and took a complete medical history. He paid attention and I never felt rushed. I really appreciated his bedside manner. It was easier for me to get questions answered in person rather than over the phone, but I never had trouble getting an appointment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
If you feel he hasn't answered your question, ask for clarification. I think some patients don't want as much detail as I did so he starts with the simple answer, but will explain further if you ask him to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Dr. Danzer always took the time to answer my questions and returned phone calls promptly. He also attended my ultrasounds personally instead of just reviewing the results afterwards. I always felt like he listened and cared.
Describe the protocols Hal Danzer used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
I had started with a different doctor at the same clinic who I adored, but I wasn't getting results. After 3 retrievals we finally got 2 fertilized embryos, but then we couldn't get my uterine lining ready for the transfer. She kept trying higher levels of estrogen and progesterone but nothing worked. Finally she had me consult with Dr. Danzer and he did an ultrasound and thought I might do better without medication. So we tried a natural cycle with no injections, just some pills and vaginal suppositories of progesterone. It worked perfectly and I'm now pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Most of the nursing staff I liked a lot, but the primary nurse for Dr. Danzer didn't seem to care all that much. I felt like my questions annoyed her. That was just one person though, the others were great. And when I was working with Dr. Alexander I adored her staff and really felt like they were personally invested in what happened to me.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic on the whole was great. I joined the extended program because Ari in particular is fantastic and I loved being able to text her any time. I also felt like my regular ultrasound technician Amanda and all the lab people were rooting for me and genuinely cared about what happened to me. Some other staff members don't bond with the patients as much, but overall I felt like I was in great hands and I'll actually miss seeing a lot of the people over there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
I had several failed attempts at the clinic before seeing Dr. Danzer, and each of those cost money, so it was very expensive.
Describe Hal Danzer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
In my case because I only had 2 embryos, Dr. Danzer recommended we only transfer one, so if it didn't work we'd be able to try again.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Hal Danzer at Southern California Reproductive Center.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Danzer is a wonderful mix between compassionate doctor and knowledgeable & experienced professional...He walks the line well between enthusiasm & sober reality of percentages...I appreciate that he’s rather humble...He won’t have time in appointments to explain every detail of all of the ART possibilities, he’ll tell you what he recommends. If there’s something you don’t know, he does a good job of answering questions...
Cost for ultrasounds, IUI & injection drug [at Southern California Reproductive Center] reasonable for the LA area. Less than what my gynecologist quoted me...The lobby is clean & modern. The reception is good...Nice clean bathrooms. It’s not cosy feeling, but it’s clean...nurses are wonderful & front desk staff have done a great job too...Great nursing staff, especially Debbie. She had a great manner & is well organized. Shaterika has been very kind & enthusiastic too. Very mindful of our time. Good Ultasound techs too.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Danzer is a wonderful mix between compassionate doctor and knowledgeable & experienced professional. I appreciate his delicate position as a fertility doctor, where there are no absolutes. He walks the line well between enthusiasm & sober reality of percentages. I have been recommending him to friends. I don’t see an egotistical motivation in Dr. Danzer & I appreciate that he’s rather humble & conserves his words.
Read their website info, educate yourself before & during your time in his care. He won’t have time in appointments to explain every detail of all of the ART possibilities, he’ll tell you what he recommends. If there’s something you don’t know, he does a good job of answering questions.
Dr. Danzer does a good job of listening to questions, answering thoughtfully & taking action as he sees fit. I trust his knowledge is very strong & I appreciate his & his nurse’s enthusiasm for our journey. Hi nurses are wonderful & front desk staff have done a great job too.
Taking Levothyroxine for my Thryroid to get labs in the right place months in advance. Taking Vitamin D supplement & DHEA 75mg daily. IVF recommended, but so far I can’t afford it as a student. Will keep trying to get a loan later after I’ve started a new job. Took Clomid for 5 days & 1 trigger shot, 2-3 transvaginal ultrasounds before IUI. My fiancé had a sperm wash morning of IUI. Only the 1st IUI, I understand many couples do 3-6 generally. So I’m not deterred that we had a negative result. Will keep trying & be receptive to new life.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The lobby is clean & modern. The reception is good. The waiting room music could use some more thought though. I personally can’t stand what I call “depressing piano music.” It’s better when they play chinese flute & meditation music. I know music is so personal, but I find it hard to imagine other people like depressing music while waiting nervously for appointments. All else is good in the clinic. Nice clean bathrooms. It’s not cosy feeling, but it’s clean.
Cost for ultrasounds, IUI & injection drug we’re reasonable for the LA area. Less than what my gynecologist quoted me.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Danzer was kind and personable, but I had very little interaction with him. I also feel that my protocol and care was standardized, not personalized... I was okay with a more straight-forward approach, the results were more important to me than bedside manner. However, I would have liked a bit more personal experience and reflection on our specific case...A couple of times, I had to request to meet with him personally, which was arranged.
I feel a bit conflicted about Dr. Danzer's nurses [at Southern California Reproductive Center]. They were warm enough, and I appreciated their timely email responses. But they made several MAJOR errors I had to catch, once with my calendar and another with calling in the correct dosage of meds to my pharmacy. I have heard many other women complain about this same issue. I'm not sure how there have not been more serious consequences for some of the mistakes. I will say, they were always present and available to speak with me at my appointment times. Initially, it was hard to get a hold of them when outside of the office. But then I built a good relationship with one of the nurses, and I think that made a difference.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
As I mentioned, Dr. Danzer was kind and personable, but I had very little interaction with him. I also feel that my protocol and care was standardized, not personalized. I did have great trust in Dr. Danzer, that he knew what he was doing (his history and notariety speak for themselves) and that he would obtain the best results he could for us. I was okay with a more straight-forward approach, the results were more important to me than bedside manner. However, I would have liked a bit more personal experience and reflection on our specific case.
Definitely advocate for yourself, especially with his support staff. And I would try to build as much of a relationship with Dr. Danzer as possible early on. Try to get in front of him, when you can. A couple of times, I had to request to meet with him personally, which was arranged. I think that is helpful. Also, find one friend within his team - that helped us immensely.
I admit, I did not expect to receive amazing personal care going in to SCRC. I had always been happy with my interactions with the doctors and liked the office when I visited, but I knew it was a popular/busy office and I had heard other feedback that it is a somewhat business-like environment. Dr. Danzer was kind and personable, but I had very little interaction with him. I also feel that my protocol and care was standardized, not personalized. I loved the phlebotomists and the ultrasound technicians! As for Dr. Danzer's nurses, I feel a bit conflicted. They were warm enough, but they made several errors I had to catch and it was somewhat difficult to get a hold of anyone in the office. I will say, I loved the office flexibility and efficiency. They had early morning appointments available, and I could get in and out without having to take time away from work. This was convenient and appreciated.
Dr. Danzer used a standardized protocol - birth control pills, followed by an antagonist approach of Gonal F (primary) and Menopur (secondary), with Cetrotide and trigger at time of egg retrieval. We have not moved on to the transfer cycle with him yet, so not sure of his protocol there. I felt pretty fine on the medication. The staff met with me for instruction, and offered a helpful website with videos. Because of my age, he did hit me with higher dosages. I was unsure of this, at the time, but now feel that might have been the right way to go. I ended up having to be on the meds for two extra days, for response growth. I came in for ultrasounds and blood draws every other morning. My egg retrieval went smoothly, however I did end up having slight OHSS about one week later. It cleared up the following week. We were happy with our results at first, then a bit disappointed. Retrieved 20, but less than half fertilized. We did send most off for genetic screening, but the majority were abnormal. Dr. Danzer did offer good education on our results, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Two primary nurses)
As I mentioned, I feel a bit conflicted about Dr. Danzer's nurses. They were warm enough, and I appreciated their timely email responses. But they made several MAJOR errors I had to catch, once with my calendar and another with calling in the correct dosage of meds to my pharmacy. I have heard many other women complain about this same issue. I'm not sure how there have not been more serious consequences for some of the mistakes. I will say, they were always present and available to speak with me at my appointment times. Initially, it was hard to get a hold of them when outside of the office. But then I built a good relationship with one of the nurses, and I think that made a difference.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Again, I did not expect to receive amazing personal care going in to SCRC, given it is a popular/busy office and I had heard other feedback that it is a somewhat business-like environment. I adored my friendly and competent phlebotomists, and the ultrasound technicians were also great! As mentioned, it is very hard to get a hold of anyone over the phone. I made all of my next appointments in person. And my favorite part was the office flexibility and efficiency. They had early morning appointments available, and I could get in and out without having to take time away from work. This was convenient and appreciated.
This was definitely not an inexpensive clinic, but I knew that going in. We were paying for the best. Both Dr. Danzer and the clinic/lab have stellar scores, no question. I was happy with the fact that the clinic did try to find us savings, where possible. I don't know that I would go so far as to say they worked with our budget, but they did try to get us some discounts.
We have not embarked on this part of the process just yet. I believe Dr. Danzer does recommend eSET, which I feel comfortable doing.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Danzer] is very knowledgeable and changes course as needed based on your response to treatment. I trusted him and felt I was getting the treatment I was expecting. I felt like he knew my case and paid attention to me beyond just the standard protocol. He also was straight forward with me regarding my options and treatment plan. He consulted other doctors in the clinic as well to get their opinions on my treatment.
Clinic [So Cal Repro Ctr] is great and the surgery center is next to the clinic. ... I loved the ultrasound techs and lab techs. So gentle and kind. They had early hours which were really helpful since I was working full time throughout treatment and this allowed me to attend work without interruptions for monitoring appointments. ... The nursing staff often made mistakes to my instructions and were hard to get in touch with. Some of the nurses were great and some were not. I had to be a squeaky wheel to get their attention.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He is very knowledgeable and changes course as needed based on your response to treatment. I trusted him and felt I was getting the treatment I was expecting. I felt like he knew my case and paid attention to me beyond just the standard protocol. He also was straight forward with me regarding my options and treatment plan. He consulted other doctors in the clinic as well to get their opinions on my treatment.
Have trust in your doctor but be your own self advocate.
Sometimes had trouble reaching his nursing team but Dr. Danzer was always available when needed to discuss treatment plans, progress, results, next steps
For retrievals I did birth control followed by menopur and follistim and added ganirelix part way through. I used an hcg trigger my first retrieval and a lupron trigger for my second retrieval. I did a transfer with birth control, Medrol, estrace, pio injections, and progesterone suppositories. I did the same for the ERA. We changed the injection time for pio for the second transfer to be exact based on the ERA.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Clinic is great and the surgery center is next to the clinic. Everyone was helpful and friendly. I loved the ultrasound techs and lab techs. So gentle and kind. They had early hours which were really helpful since I was working full time throughout treatment and this allowed me to attend work without interruptions for monitoring appointments.
My doctor preferred to transfer one embryo especially since they were pgd and pgs tested and we did not want to risk multiples so we selected a single embryo for each transfer.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Danzer was very warm and kind. What really stood out was his positive attitude. He kept saying things like “call me in two weeks with the positive pregnancy news!” “WHEN, not if you get pregnant.” I appreciated that. But I don’t feel he was aggressive enough or gave me enough options due to my age....There was a discrepancy with my vitamin D and I was told to take more. Then I was told by another doctor that I had a toxic level of vitamin D in my system.
The waiting room [Southern California Reproductive Center] is like a cattle call. I was also left in a room for 45 minutes after my first IUI after I was told someone would come get me. I finally got up, got dressed and walked out only to find all the lights were out and the whole office was having a staff meeting! And left me in a room for nearly an hour. I was very upset.
Be an advocate for yourself- it’s hard to get through to the clinic and if you have questions it’s ok to push for answers. Also, allow a loooooong time in the waiting room!
The waiting room is like a cattle call. I was also left in a room for 45 minutes after my first IUI after I was told someone would come get me. I finally got up, got dressed and walked out only to find all the lights were out and the whole office was having a staff meeting! And left me in a room for nearly an hour. I was very upset.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Debby)
Hard to get ahold of.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Just felt like a cattle call there. Very impersonal and it was so hard to get questions answered in a timely manner. I’m also still getting bills two years later for things I thought were paid in full.
Extremely expensive.
+ Read more- Read less

Best reproductive doctor I found in Los Angeles, my only regret is not going to him first....Dr Danzer offers patient centered care that is unique to each couple. He gives accurate information, helping people make educated decisions in their treatment.
[Southern California Reproductive Center is a ] modern, efficient, busy clinic, housing lab, surgery center, and doctor's offices in one location....A biopsy was done on our embryos without our consent, and I found out after the fact. Somewhere there was a breakdown in communication, which was frustrating at the time.
Research all your options - assisted reproductive technology is not a one size fits all treatment.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Modern, efficient, busy clinic, housing lab, surgery center, and doctor's offices in one location.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Even though clinic is always busy, ultrasounds and labs go pretty quick.