Halina Wiczyk

Baystate Reproductive Medicine

Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolNYU
Northampton, MA 01060
Springfield
3300 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01199
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Halina Wiczyk to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Baystate Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
She [Dr. Halina Wiczyk] was honest about what treatment would likely and would not likely work for us. She was aggressive in treatment but not too aggressive. She listened to our concerns and provided answers to most of our questions (We're diagnosed as unexplained so there simply are not answers for everything). She knows her stuff and is confident in the information she provides and her treatment recommendations.
How was your experience with Halina Wiczyk at Baystate Reproductive Medicine?
She was honest about what treatment would likely and would not likely work for us. She was aggressive in treatment but not too aggressive. She listened to our concerns and provided answers to most of our questions (We're diagnosed as unexplained so there simply are not answers for everything). She knows her stuff and is confident in the information she provides and her treatment recommendations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Halina Wiczyk at Baystate Reproductive Medicine?
Go talk with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Halina Wiczyk at Baystate Reproductive Medicine?
Very caring and willing to listen and answer questions. Honest and upfront but still had a warm demeanor.
Describe the protocols Halina Wiczyk used in your cycles at Baystate Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IVF Down regulation, control cycle with bc pills for 3 weeks Started 10IU of Lupron on day 18 After day 3 US, reduced Lupron to 5IU and mixed in 300IU Follistim and 175IU Menopur (this was not for a set period of time; time on the meds differs by response). I took these for about 10 days 9 follicles, 6 were eggs. All 6 fertilized. 4 were ready on day 5 and 2 were ready on day 6. Transfered 1 fresh on day 5. It stuck but only in week 5 so far.
The nursing staff is amazing. Very caring, very willing to answer questions and ease fears. They are also very responsive. The receptionist usually takes a message but a nurse will call you back to answer your questions.
Describe your experience with Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
I have only positive things to say at this point. The doctor is great, nurses are great, lab has been great, anesthesiologist was great. I have yet to receive a bill so I cannot yet comment on their insurance/billing department.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
They are a well oiled machine. The facility has a lab downstairs for blood draws. The staff there are very friendly and fast. Then you sign in at the office upstairs and wait for an US. I think the longest I waited was 45 minutes but I got there toward the end of open hours.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Halina Wiczyk at Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
There was a mix up with my insurance. My primary insurance doesn't cover IVF but we purchased a secondary plan through my spouse's employer that does. They had his insurance as the primary and mine as secondary which is wrong and making the claims reps at the insurance company cranky. They fixed the order in their system but I have yet to be charged for anything (not even copays) so we'll see how that works out.
Describe Halina Wiczyk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Baystate Reproductive Medicine.
For my age (31), she highly discouraged multiple transfers. They only do day 5 embryos and the lab is very good. They have decient success rates so the they focus on counseling patients about health of the baby and risks with multiples.
Halina Wiczyk