IVF Michigan

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolUniversity of Toledo College of Medicine
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Sylvania
6711 Monroe St.
Sylvania, OH 43560
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Hanh Cottrell to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Michigan to a friend?
I saw Dr. Cottrell of IVF Michigan. I really liked her, but I feel as if I am having to fight very hard for what tests & procedures that I feel would be beneficial to know. I understand that they see patients like me every day, but I would love to feel as if I am being treated on my specific issues & not just as another person with reoccurring loss.... I feel as if I was being treated out of a textbook & not patient based. I had to fight for what I believed in.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
Again - I see Dr. Cottrell of IVF Michigan. There is not a choice to review her. I would say go in aggressive & let them know exactly where you stand. If you gut is saying you need further testing - than read up on it & go in with facts & feelings!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
I felt in the middle. I feel as if I was being treated out of a textbook & not patient based. I had to fight for what I believed in.
Describe the protocols Hanh Cottrell used in your cycles at IVF Michigan and their degree of success.
Miscarriage 1- no treatment Miscarriage two- 3 different diagnosis . 1 chemical / ectopic & then ultimately a pregnancy of unknown location. Followed by water sono- revealed polyp HSG - tubes clear Hysterscopy- remove polyp Blood test - homozygous for pai 4g/5g ( lovonox ) Metformin for glucose Progesterone Trouble conceiving this time around.
Kind- but numb to this sort of thing. Helpful & responsive.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
I don’t think there is a particular weakness of this clinic. I just think a new patient needs to understand that this process is normally not quick & it does require that you need to be an advocate for yourself. This is a process where you need to do your research & understand your own medical history.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan.
I had a lot of bills & do remember the costs at all.
Ypsilanti
She [Dr. Cottrell] was very personable and easy to talk to, but we felt very pressured into IVF. We have unexplained infertility and were interested in more testing and looking for answers, but her responses always came back to IVF only. We understand the odds are better with IVF, but didn’t have the money to do it. I asked about doing IUI which she agreed to, but I felt she was somewhat disappointed we didn’t jump right to IVF like she suggested.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
Although young, she seemed very knowledgeable. She was very personable and easy to talk to, but we felt very pressured into IVF. We have unexplained infertility and were interested in more testing and looking for answers, but her responses always came back to IVF only. We understand the odds are better with IVF, but didn’t have the money to do it. I asked about doing IUI which she agreed to, but I felt she was somewhat disappointed we didn’t jump right to IVF like she suggested.
Be your own advocate for the treatment you want if it is not straight to IVF.
Our initial consultation felt like a sales pitch for IVF.
We completed and IUI with ultrasound and bloodwork day 2, 5mg Femara days 3-7, menopur 75 on day 8, ultrasound day 12, trigger shot and IUI 36 hours later.
I was very impressed with the nursing staff. They were very friendly and informative. Anytime I called or emailed, I would get a response within hours.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
The office was clean and nicely decorated. I never had to wait very long for any appointments. My only complaint is there is a door between the waiting room and treatment area that does not do the best job blocking out noise. While waiting, I could hear everything other patients and the drs and nurses were saying.
Our IUI was $600 plus medication. They billed the ultrasounds and bloodwork through our insurance.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Michigan?
Sylvania