Available by cell phone
Sylvania, OH 43560
2601 Coolidge Rd, Suite B,
East Lansing, MI 48823
517-679-1410
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Hanh Cottrell to a friend?
7.2

5.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Michigan to a friend?
Dr. Cottrell is a very pleasant newer doctor to the IVF Michigan practice and she has been great to work with so far! We’ve been with her through one cycle of clomid and two with letrozole with menotropin injectables that all failed but she kept me Informed every step of the way and was able to be flexible with my very non-flexible work schedule to make it work to have ultrasounds and labs done when I was able to. She is always very friendly and remembered details that I had told her about my life outside of treatment.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions because she’s very nonjudgmental and willing to take the time to explain things
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
She takes the time to truly listen to me and my questions and concerns. She remembered details that I told her about what was going on in my life outside of our treatment. She’s warm at the bedside and always has a friendly demeanor.
Describe the protocols Hanh Cottrell used in your cycles at IVF Michigan and their degree of success.
We had already failed 3 cycles of ovulation induction with letrozole with my primary OBGYN so we first tried a cycle of ovulation induction with clomid after our initial consultation. We then tried clomid with an ovidrel trigger which failed and then we tried letrozole with menopur and ovidrel for a hybrid third cycle with Dr. Cottrell. We then determined that IVF would be our next best step. We had a water sonogram which showed a potential small polyp in the uterus so we are planning a hysteroscopy with ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval with freezing and pre-implantation genetic screening prior to embryo transfer for our first IVF cycle
The nursing staff has all been excellent and receptive both on the phone and in person in the office for ultrasounds and answering questions.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
Strengths of the clinic would be friendliness, office space, patience of both the doctor and nurses, knowledgeable doctor, good bedside manner, willing to be flexible Weaknesses would be office hours that are difficult to work around while working, wait times, and that the front desk staff can be stand-offish at times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan.
The cost of IVF with freezing and thawing and with preimplantation genetics is about $17,500, not including procedures and medication. They offered me a discount for being in a healthcare profession.
Describe Hanh Cottrell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan.
She gave me the choice and informed me of the pros and cons of both. She said we have a greater chance of success with two but that the risk of multiples would be higher
Ypsilanti

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Cottrell] railroaded us during our entire time there....We were sent for excessive tests despite the fact that nothing indicated anything wrong with my wife, but she said she found something and then when we were sent to correct got an oncall doctor who said nothing showed on the scans he was sent to review that warranted the procedure and wondered why we were even having it... Later we learned that i should have started a bunch of supplements for my male motility issues
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
This doctor was all about the money. Having now been at 3 other doctors we know that now more than ever and we felt it back when we first saw her too. We were sent for excessive tests despite the fact that nothing indicated anything wrong with my wife, but she said she found something and then when we were sent to correct got an oncall doctor who said nothing showed on the scans he was sent to review that warranted the procedure and wondered why we were even having it and that was when we decided we were done. We weren't given any information, nurses never folloewd up with us or sent my meds to the right pharmacy and we never did get any of our medical file despite several requests including one from the clinic we switched to. It was an absolutely horrible stressful anxiety inducing process here with Dr. Cottrell
RUN AWAY
She railroaded us during our entire time there. After our consultation we were leary, but after working up tests and getting handwritten prescriptions to take to wherever we wanted to go through without giving us a list of pharmacies that carried meds, and after false information about my wife and her results (we spoke with another doctor) we ran (not walked) away from this practice. We feel like we wasted a month of meds and procedures here.
she gave me nothing to do but changed my wifes meds completely. Later we learned that i should have started a bunch of supplements for my male motility issues but her focus was totally on my wife and not on me at all.
The nurses lost paperwork, sent incorrect bills, and were so incredibly rude and we waited around for sometimes a few hours before we'd be seen by just a nurse, even though you could see them standing around chatting in the back.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
The doctor was horrid, the nursing staff felt judgmental and slow and the billing department screwed the billing up and never sent records. Overall this was a horrible facility to work through, and i wouldn't send my worst enemy to IVF michigan let alone a friend.
prices here were astronomical! Our insurance was supposed to cover some of it but they billed out the whole thing. When I called they said they'd submitted it, but luckily before paying i called insurance and they'd never received it so we felt like they were just trying to get more money out of us.
Lansing

I saw Dr. Cottrell of IVF Michigan. I really liked her, but I feel as if I am having to fight very hard for what tests & procedures that I feel would be beneficial to know. I understand that they see patients like me every day, but I would love to feel as if I am being treated on my specific issues & not just as another person with reoccurring loss.... I feel as if I was being treated out of a textbook & not patient based. I had to fight for what I believed in.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
Again - I see Dr. Cottrell of IVF Michigan. There is not a choice to review her. I would say go in aggressive & let them know exactly where you stand. If you gut is saying you need further testing - than read up on it & go in with facts & feelings!
I felt in the middle. I feel as if I was being treated out of a textbook & not patient based. I had to fight for what I believed in.
Miscarriage 1- no treatment Miscarriage two- 3 different diagnosis . 1 chemical / ectopic & then ultimately a pregnancy of unknown location. Followed by water sono- revealed polyp HSG - tubes clear Hysterscopy- remove polyp Blood test - homozygous for pai 4g/5g ( lovonox ) Metformin for glucose Progesterone Trouble conceiving this time around.
Kind- but numb to this sort of thing. Helpful & responsive.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
I don’t think there is a particular weakness of this clinic. I just think a new patient needs to understand that this process is normally not quick & it does require that you need to be an advocate for yourself. This is a process where you need to do your research & understand your own medical history.
I had a lot of bills & do remember the costs at all.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Only 1 embryo transferred due to having PGS completed [with Dr. Cottrell]...She was genuinely interested in our every day life, laughed with us, was there if we had any questions even if after hours...From the very beginning at our consultation, Dr. Cottrell explained every step very clearly so we understood. She was compassionate and down to earth. She definitely eased my anxiety and also comforted me when I was feeling very overwhelmed before my egg retrieval. She took the time to sit with me to help calm my nerves.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
You will be in great hands!!
6 weeks birth control, 225 iu Gonal F, 1 vial Menopur for 5 days then increased to 2 vial Menopur for day 6 ,7 and 8, along with .25mg cetrotide and decreased to 150 iu Gonal F. Trigger shot and luprolide on day 8. ICSI was done as well as PGS. FET completed 1 month later due to needing hysteroscopy for further exploration. 1st FET successful. Both male and female infertility issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
Brittany was quick to respond, compassionate and very personable!
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
I do not have anything bad to say about them. EVERYONE was wonderful and accommodating. They definitely care about their patients. Even do follow up calls to see how the pregnancy and birth went. We received a lovely card and a onesie for our baby as well as them inviting us back to see the baby.
Total for egg retrieval, hysteroscopy, PGS and transfer and meds $25000
Only 1 embryo transferred due to having PGS completed
Sylvania

She [Dr. Cottrell] was very personable and easy to talk to, but we felt very pressured into IVF. We have unexplained infertility and were interested in more testing and looking for answers, but her responses always came back to IVF only. We understand the odds are better with IVF, but didn’t have the money to do it. I asked about doing IUI which she agreed to, but I felt she was somewhat disappointed we didn’t jump right to IVF like she suggested.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
Although young, she seemed very knowledgeable. She was very personable and easy to talk to, but we felt very pressured into IVF. We have unexplained infertility and were interested in more testing and looking for answers, but her responses always came back to IVF only. We understand the odds are better with IVF, but didn’t have the money to do it. I asked about doing IUI which she agreed to, but I felt she was somewhat disappointed we didn’t jump right to IVF like she suggested.
Be your own advocate for the treatment you want if it is not straight to IVF.
Our initial consultation felt like a sales pitch for IVF.
We completed and IUI with ultrasound and bloodwork day 2, 5mg Femara days 3-7, menopur 75 on day 8, ultrasound day 12, trigger shot and IUI 36 hours later.
I was very impressed with the nursing staff. They were very friendly and informative. Anytime I called or emailed, I would get a response within hours.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
The office was clean and nicely decorated. I never had to wait very long for any appointments. My only complaint is there is a door between the waiting room and treatment area that does not do the best job blocking out noise. While waiting, I could hear everything other patients and the drs and nurses were saying.
Our IUI was $600 plus medication. They billed the ultrasounds and bloodwork through our insurance.
Sylvania

One major strength of hers is that she [Dr. Hanh Cottrell] is upfront and doesn’t sugar coat. When she doesn’t think a treatment is going to work or beleives that something will work, when tells you why and gives you the science behind it. Though she is positive and wants the best, she is not going to sugar coat the seriousness of each situation in a compassionate way.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
One major strength of hers is that she is upfront and doesn’t sugar coat. When she doesn’t think a treatment is going to work or beleives that something will work, when tells you why and gives you the science behind it. Though she is positive and wants the best, she is not going to sugar coat the seriousness of each situation in a compassionate way.
Have an open mind, trust her and her staff and ask questions.
She and her staff always asked how we were doing. What were my feeling, what was scaring me, exciting me, etc.
Grow large, mature follicles with healthy eggs. We did clomid 100 for 5 days, followed by 3 days of 75 memopur and then ovidril. After this wasn’t successful after getting me to ovulate, we decided IVF was our route. We are almost done with 1 month of birth control before starting Stims.
Friendly, on time, gentle, compassionate.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
Upfront, easy to get into contact with and very caring. They have conveyed that they are here for us through this entire process. One weakness would be that sometime lab results take a long time to get.
$18900 with pgs testing and Icsi
We will decide and talk more prior to retrieval since we aren’t doing frozen transfer
Lansing

She [Dr. Cottrell] is super friendly and explains the whole process. Very welcome to answer any questions... We visited her after trying to conceive for a year. She reviewed all our previous records and proceeded to do some of her own. She is very thorough and very proactive. She discussed problems I might be having that previous doctors never addressed.... Feel comfortable enough to speak to her about any questions you have. She will not make you feel embarrassed for asking.
How was your experience with Hanh Cottrell at IVF Michigan?
She is super friendly and explains the whole process. Very welcome to answer any questions
3 weeks birth control followed by stim meds
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
So very friendly and knowledgeable. Explained everything so thoroughly at each appointment.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan.
Billing is a bit tough to get ahold of and they don’t respond to voicemails. We requested information numerous times and no one called us back. It took until our next appt to ask our questions. As well we were over billed $1000 originally.
Average