9.7

Harry Hatasaka works at

10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092

Treated 2017
I thought he [Dr. Harry Hatasaka] was very knowledgeable about fertility and was able to explain things clearly, but only if I asked clarifying questions. I was disappointed that he wasn't at every appointment and procedure. He was very absent. He also repeated/rehearsed my file back to me each time he saw me as though he was trying to remind himself of who I was. This was frustrating to me because I didn't need a replay of the failures in the past.
They [Reproductive Care Center] ordered a semen analysis when we already had one completed and charged us for it twice. They also over charged us on the procedures we did have done. They were able.to resolve all of these issues...I absolutely hated that the nurses call with the results of blood work. This should be the doctors responsibility and duty. I also did not like that a nurse did my IUIs. Again, that should be the doctors job. I felt very much like just another number there and no one treated me as an individual.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I thought he was very knowledgeable about fertility and was able to explain things clearly, but only if I asked clarifying questions. I was disappointed that he wasn't at every appointment and procedure. He was very absent. He also repeated/rehearsed my file back to me each time he saw me as though he was trying to remind himself of who I was. This was frustrating to me because I didn't need a replay of the failures in the past.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Ask for what you want because if you dont you probably wont get it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
I felt like he had seen so many patients like me and my case was no unique or special. He didn't make it a point to reach out to me after my miscarriage or my failed IUI to talk through what happened or what next steps would be.
Describe the protocols Harry Hatasaka used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
I was asked to take femara for my cycles to boost my ovulation. I took it for one cycle and didn't get a positive ovulation indicator on my test. He didnt suggest a trigger shot because I had lab work that showed I ovulated in previous months. So I took femara for another cycle and did the ovulation test at a different time during the day and got a positive. I had an IUI procedure done with my husbands fresh sperm. This resulted in a pregnancy which I miscarried at 6 weeks. The following month I took femara again, with another positive ovulation test and had another IUI procedure done. This one didnt result in a pregnancy. I decided not to pursue treatments after this.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
They did a great job explaining when and if I should use the trigger shot. They also were available to me when I had questions. If they didnt know the answer they were honest and called me back later with the answer. Some nurses did this better than others.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.
We had all of our testing done with my obgyn so my insurance would cover it. We had our semen analysis done through a study so we didnt have to pay for it. We only paid RCC for the IUI and ultrasounds. I think the total for each cycle was $500-600. And we did two cycles.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Care Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
They ordered a semen analysis when we already had one completed and charged us for it twice. They also over charged us on the procedures we did have done. They were able.to resolve all of these issues.
Harry Hatasaka
Treated 2010 - 2012
He [Dr. Harry Hatasaka] was really nice and communicated great answering questions and explaining treatment. In retrospect I don't feel that he anticipated problems I would have in my cycle that were easily correctable in subsequent cycles. The stim protocol he had me on was not ideal for my body and that contributed to the yield of live pregnancies I got per embryos produced (1/6). I was The one who had to be proactive about what protocol to change during frozen cycles to figure out how to get a pregnancy to stick.
Everything is in one spot [at RCC-Sandy] which is convenient and nice but also limits the ability to be flexible in timing. You have to fit your cycle into the doctors schedule which can be tricky and restrictive. The facility is nice and the staff is welcoming and and thorough with billing.... I don't remember protocol but I used a hcg triggereven though I was at high risk for hyperstimulation which would have warranted a lupron trigger. I was also never put on cabergaline after retrieval to prevent hyperstim as well. I ended up hyperstimulating and having to freeze all embryos unexpectedly.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He was really nice and communicated great answering questions and explaining treatment. In retrospect I don't feel that he anticipated problems I would have in my cycle that were easily correctable in subsequent cycles. The stim protocol he had me on was not ideal for my body and that contributed to the yield of live pregnancies I got per embryos produced (1/6). I was The one who had to be proactive about what protocol to change during frozen cycles to figure out how to get a pregnancy to stick.
Be persistent and do lots of research.
I always communicated with the same nurse and doctor for results and questions. They were really responsive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
Really kind and aware and thorough
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Everything is in one spot which is convenient and nice but also limits the ability to be flexible in timing. You have to fit your cycle into the doctors schedule which can be tricky and restrictive. The facility is nice and the staff is welcoming and and thorough with billing.
I had insurance that covered it completely so didn't have to deal a lot with finances.
Harry Hatasaka