9.7

Harry Hatasaka works at

10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092

Treated 2017 - 2018
I've had both experiences where I've wished that Dr. Hataska's delivery of a message would have been gentler or kinder, as well as moments where has been incredibly sensitive and kind in delivering terrible news. His strength is that he's very analytical and has all the numbers with whatever we're talking. I appreciate having those numbers as it's given us starting point for expectation. He lives by the numbers and some that approach could seem sterile or without hope.
Positives: I've never had to wait long for any appointments and they've been good about getting me appointments that work with my schedule. My one complaint would be with the billing department [Reproductive Care Center] as I've felt they aren't on top of things as the rest of the clinic.... [Cost Of Treatment] IVF with 2 egg retrievals: $18,000; ICSI: $4,100; Hyper-stim insurance: $600... Normally they've been really good about getting information to us,
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Losing weight will be one of the first things he will recommend. For some, knowing that he won't move forward with treatment until they've lost weight can be demoralizing for many women and he may not be a good fit for those who struggle with this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Infertility is a rode with ups and downs. Because it is a journey that goes up and down, it can feel like we're not being treated as human because we're scared, tried, stressed, or overwhelmed. No doctor is perfect 100% and able to predict exactly what we may need that day. For us, I have felt like has done his best to be compassionate in that journey and treat me like a human with feelings, questions, fears, joys, and concerns.
Describe the protocols Harry Hatasaka used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
We have done two egg retrieval and 1fresh transfer that ended in a miscarriage. Our first egg retrieval he started low on medication as he wanted to keep me from hyper stimulating. We used a combination of cetrotide, Menopur, and Gonal F. Of the 10-12 eggs they were expecting based on mature follicles, we only ended up with 4 eggs retrieved. All 4 were fertilized. By day 3 we had 2. We transferred one at day three and froze the second good embryo on day 5. At our 7 week appointment the baby's heartbeat was slow. We were told that most likely we'd lose it. At our next appointment a week later, there was no longer a heartbeat. We were anxious to transfer our frozen embryo as soon as we'd had the three months to recover from the miscarriage. In our post-miscarriage consultation, Dr. Hatasaka knew that we wanted more than 1 child and encouraged us to think about doing a second egg retrieval before our FET just in case it was successful to hopefully have better egg quality than a year or two down the road which we decided to do. Due to the small numbers we had the first time, I requested that we go with a more aggressive approach in hopes of having more embryos to freeze. Our medication protocol was Gonal-F and the cetrotide. They got 12 eggs, 10 of which were fertilized. At day 7 we had 1 good, and 6 fair quality embryos. By day 5 we only had 2 fair quality embryos which we sent off for testing. One came back with trisomery 13, while the other had a partial mosaic on chromosome 1. While we are not planning on transferring the trisomery 13, we may transfer the second one at a later date. I did hyper stim with the second egg retrieval and are hoping to transfer our frozen embryo from the first cycle in April.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center.
The nursing staff has been wonderful. They've answered all my questions, including finding the answers when they didn't know them.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Positives: I've never had to wait long for any appointments and they've been good about getting me appointments that work with my schedule. My one complaint would be with the billing department as I've felt they aren't on top of things as the rest of the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.
IVF with 2 egg retrievals: $18,000; ICSI: $4,100; Hyper-stim insurance: $600
Describe Harry Hatasaka's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
No. While he recommended only doing one, he would have transferred two if that had been our preference.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Care Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
Normally they've been really good about getting information to us, but on the last cycle they've were super slow in getting us the information about the genetic testing even though we'd known the clinic had received them. This could have been due to Dr. Hataska giving this information to us instead of the nurse.
Sandy
He [Dr. Hatasaka] sat with us for over an hour and went through our entire chart and history and explained everything he wanted to look into and why. He took the time get to know our situation before making a plan of action...He has a very calm demeanor, is chatty, and likes to dive deep into the issue and explain everything as we go so we know what's happening. Goes through the pros and cons of procedures and makes sure we understand.
[The nurses at Reproductive Care Center are] Generally kind, not much else stands out...Have only been here through one full cycle, so far everything had been pretty good, no real strengths or weaknesses come to mind. They give you a packet full of info about the clinic and doctors, with info about local supporters groups, when come in for your first appointment...Over $350 for my initial blood work and ultrasoun
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He likes to start with a full spectrum of tests, be prepared for blood, semen, ultrasound, and have your full medical history of both partners, including family history. When doing the tests, you deal with nurses and staff, and have to schedule appointments and pay a copay just to have your blood drawn. You don't see the doctor at these appointments.
He sat with us for over an hour and went through our entire chart and history and explained everything he wanted to look into and why. He took the time get to know our situation before making a plan of action.
We are still working on regulating my cycles, and getting my thyroid and prolactin levels down, going in every 4 weeks to retest until my numbers are within normal, then we will be put on femara for a round of IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
Generally kind, not much else stands out.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Over $350 for my initial blood work and ultrasound, $300 for seven analysis, $25 copay at every appointment, even just getting a blood draw, they are going to try and bill insurance for everything, but we will most likely have to cover everything out of pockets.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. Hatasaka] was very intelligent but sometimes the information was not related in a personable manner. ... He had so much information, almost too much for a consultation we left feeling a little overwhelmed at the upcoming months. He was so knowledgeable and we felt like he wanted to help but we were unprepared for the amount of info we got. ...
They [Fertility Care Center] were great at communicating expectations and letting us know that there was a delay in their schedule. They were happy to answer all the questions we had both before and after our appointment. They kept in touch and I would highly recommend this clinic. ... [Nursing Staff] Friendly and so easy to work with! ...
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Come prepared with specific questions!
He was very intelligent but sometimes the information was not related in a personable manner.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
Friendly and so easy to work with!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They were great at communicating expectations and letting us know that there was a delay in their schedule. They were happy to answer all the questions we had both before and after our appointment. They kept in touch and I would highly recommend this clinic.