Med Col of Virgina

Harry Hatasaka works in 1 office at

10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Hatasaka would spend all the time i needed with him and would answer all my questions and verify the validity of value of those questions, and speak in depth on everything involved...Dr Hatasaka always returned my calls and spent a thorough amount of time talking through things with me...i saw my doctor at every appointment (except when it was just a blood draw). He did all my exams and ultrasounds, so we both knew first hand what was going on
On too many occasions the nurse [at RRC] Michelle called me with different information than i had received in the office so I had to question her and then she had to go back to the doctor to get the right information. It was frustrating and time consuming and worrisome. I was also frustrated that she didn’t keep great details about my appointments in my charts so it was not unusual for me to have to re-communicate and reconfirm my situation and question dosages etc
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
The only weakness i can think of is not actually a weakness—he explains things so well and in such detail that our meetings were always long. And i loved it. Knowing all the details of all the scenarios I was facing was comforting to me. He always had educated answers for my questions. Every time i spoke with him i learned more, in a good way. Dr Hatasaka always returned my calls and spent a thorough amount of time talking through things with me. When his clinic or staff were below expectations, he always took my side. When we discovered bad news in ultrasounds or test results, he was always sympathetic and sincere and kind. And when we had good news, he was cheering and smiling as much as I was. I always had great interactions with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Ask lots of questions because Dr Hatasaka has the answers. He will be straightforward and honest and helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Dr Hatasaka would spend all the time i needed with him and would answer all my questions and verify the validity of value of those questions, and speak in depth on everything involved. He is extremely comforting to talk to and it is very apparent he cares deeply for his patients. I felt like he had the heart of a loving grandfather for my case with his remarkable expertise from decades of study and practice. I always felt like i was his most important person when i spoke with him. I know my worries and successes with infertility were felt just as deeply for him as they were for me. I cannot say enough good things about his bedside manner and his knowledge and experience. I trust him wholeheartedly. I know he has my best interest as his priority. He is candid but extremely sensitive and heartfelt and kind. His style of communication has been perfect for me. I always recommend him to anyone i talk to suffering from infertility. He is a remarkably smart doctor and wonderful person.
Describe the protocols Harry Hatasaka used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center and their degree of success.
All fresh IVF cycle protocols started with birth control, then stimulated with injections for a number of days, then did the egg retrieval, followed by an embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
For loving working with Dr Hatasaka, i unfortunately did not love the nurse/care coordinator (Michelle). She was stand of fish, grumpy most days, was not a clear communicator, lacked attention to detail? and she was easily irritated. As a result I felt the success of my IVF cycles were at risk with her as my coordinator so I was hyper vigilant to ensure i knew all the details and had to reconfirm them with her often to ensure she didn’t give me incorrect instructions. Fortunately, she is no longer with the RCC. Prior to Michelle, i worked with Crystal who was everything a nurse in an infertility clinic should be—smart, detail oriented, calming, trustworthy, helpful, kind, extremely competent.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Weaknesses: - Dr Heiner (the owner) makes it feel like he is more concerned about running a business than helping people. His good bedside manner is completely lacking. He is gruff and to the point without much care for the patients emotions (infertility is very emotional!). I had to work with him on a few occasions and was always left feeling frustrated. I was so grateful he wasn’t my primary doctor there. - their office is waaaay too small for the number of employees and patients they have in there day to day - wait times for appointments are always long...if i wasn’t the very first patient of the day, i always waited 20-30+ minutes before being taken back - it was apparent the clinical staff and billing staff were overworked and stressed. I never knew what was going on except that i could feel the stress of the employees - their pricing model is so expensive Strengthens: - Dr Hatasaka - their front desk employees were always kind, cheerful, helpful people - i saw my doctor at every appointment (except when it was just a blood draw). He did all my exams and ultrasounds, so we both knew first hand what was going on
Describe the costs associated with your care under Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center.
Multi-cycle package (2 fresh cycles) for $20,000 Plus $4000 to add a 3rd IVF cycle Plus Medications (about $10-12k per fresh cycle x 3, and $4k for a frozen embryo transfer x 1) Plus Surgery for endometriosis (estimate about $3K) Plus Surgery for an ectopic pregnancy removal Plus blood draws (about $200+)
Describe Harry Hatasaka's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center.
He always transferred 2 embryos for the fresh cycles. I was glad for this because my embryos weren’t amazing but they were pretty good.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Care Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center.
On too many occasions the nurse Michelle called me with different information than i had received in the office so I had to question her and then she had to go back to the doctor to get the right information. It was frustrating and time consuming and worrisome. I was also frustrated that she didn’t keep great details about my appointments in my charts so it was not unusual for me to have to re-communicate and reconfirm my situation and question dosages etc. I asked for my charts to be sent to another clinic and they were hot delivered in the promised time table so i had to request them more than once. I was surprised that more detailed information was not included in them.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Hatasaka is the best. I waited a year before deciding on a doctor because I was so scared of getting a bad doctor. I'm very grateful for the recommendation I received to call him....After we did a lot of tests, he knew I had PCOS and started me on letrozole. I still didn't ovulate so he gave me a trigger shot after checking everything with a vaginal ultrasound. Next month, he added dexamethasone and doubled the letrozole. I finally ovulated. Tried this 3 more times and am revising our plan tomorrow.
Dr. Hatasaka [of Reproductive Care Center] is the best. I waited a year before deciding on a doctor because I was so scared of getting a bad doctor. I'm very grateful for the recommendation I received to call him....After we did a lot of tests, he knew I had PCOS and started me on letrozole. I still didn't ovulate so he gave me a trigger shot after checking everything with a vaginal ultrasound. Next month, he added dexamethasone and doubled the letrozole. I finally ovulated. Tried this 3 more times and am revising our plan tomorrow.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Be prepared. Eat healthy, exercise, and do what you can before going in, so you can jump in with both feet with what he can offer. Otherwise, you'll end up doing that anyway and paying for the advice.
Explained every detail and listened to all of my worries. Spent time with us without being in a hurry to get to the next patient.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
Always call back. Even on Saturdays. Very understanding and kind.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Clean, professional, and understanding.
My insurance covers nothing. They only charge me my copay anyway. I am astounded so far with their understanding.
2011 - 2013, Successful
We were grateful to have someone [Dr. Hatasaka] who listened and cared, was helpful and sensitive.he took time with us, never rushed us, made us feel comfortable...I had full confidence in him...Ask all the questions, he will take the time to answer them all....He was warm and caring, took a lot of time with us in the initial consult with out feeling rushed
[Reproductive Care Center] were very helpful with billing our insurance....It was an Inviting, warm and comfortable space. Never felt cold or clinical like a typical hospital environment. Never waited long to get in. They were always respectful of our time. Location was good too...We had a good experience with everyone at the clinic...
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
We were grateful to have someone who listened and cared, was helpful and sensitive.he took time with us, never rushed us, made us feel comfortable. It was night and day from our previous experience at another clinic
Ask all the questions, he will take the time to answer them all
We had had a previous bad experience with another doctor. He was warm and caring, took a lot of time with us in the initial consult with out feeling rushed. There offices were also a more inviting and comfortable in comparison.
I don’t remember all the details.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center.
We had a good experience with everyone at the clinic
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
They were very helpful with billing our insurance. The other clinic refused and said we had to take care of it.
I had full confidence in him
2010 - 2012, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Harry Hatasaka] was really nice and communicated great answering questions and explaining treatment. In retrospect I don't feel that he anticipated problems I would have in my cycle that were easily correctable in subsequent cycles. The stim protocol he had me on was not ideal for my body and that contributed to the yield of live pregnancies I got per embryos produced (1/6). I was The one who had to be proactive about what protocol to change during frozen cycles to figure out how to get a pregnancy to stick.
Everything is in one spot [at RCC-Sandy] which is convenient and nice but also limits the ability to be flexible in timing. You have to fit your cycle into the doctors schedule which can be tricky and restrictive. The facility is nice and the staff is welcoming and and thorough with billing.... I don't remember protocol but I used a hcg triggereven though I was at high risk for hyperstimulation which would have warranted a lupron trigger. I was also never put on cabergaline after retrieval to prevent hyperstim as well. I ended up hyperstimulating and having to freeze all embryos unexpectedly.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
He was really nice and communicated great answering questions and explaining treatment. In retrospect I don't feel that he anticipated problems I would have in my cycle that were easily correctable in subsequent cycles. The stim protocol he had me on was not ideal for my body and that contributed to the yield of live pregnancies I got per embryos produced (1/6). I was The one who had to be proactive about what protocol to change during frozen cycles to figure out how to get a pregnancy to stick.
Be persistent and do lots of research.
I always communicated with the same nurse and doctor for results and questions. They were really responsive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
Really kind and aware and thorough
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center.
Everything is in one spot which is convenient and nice but also limits the ability to be flexible in timing. You have to fit your cycle into the doctors schedule which can be tricky and restrictive. The facility is nice and the staff is welcoming and and thorough with billing.
I had insurance that covered it completely so didn't have to deal a lot with finances.
2012, Successful
Dr. Hatasaka was ALWAYS caring, professional, kind, and knowledgeable. My husband and I absolutely loved him. During our first consultation he saw my surgery pictures and saw how damaged my Fallopian tubes were. He explained very clearly how my tubes had toxic fluid which would cause my IVF success to be cut in half....Dr. Hatasaka let us explain our frustrations, hopes, and worries. He answered every question we had and was extremely patient with us. We were not rushed or felt hurried in any way.
Call the clinic [Reproductive Care Center] for any worries or concerns....Every experience we had with Dr. Hatasaka was exceptional. He was caring and kind as well as informative. He explained procedures and IVF success rates very clearly and was positive. From the first consultation he carefully reviewed my surgery photos, ultrasounds, and all medical history. Dr. Hatasaka let us explain our frustrations, hopes, and worries.... During our first consultation he saw my surgery pictures and saw how damaged my Fallopian tubes were.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center?
Every experience we had with Dr. Hatasaka was exceptional. He was caring and kind as well as informative. He explained procedures and IVF success rates very clearly and was positive. From the first consultation he carefully reviewed my surgery photos, ultrasounds, and all medical history. Dr. Hatasaka let us explain our frustrations, hopes, and worries. He answered every question we had and was extremely patient with us. We were not rushed or felt hurried in any way. We felt like he really did care about us. This is HUGE for a Reproductive Endocrinologist!
Remember there are set backs with the process of pursuing any infertility treatments. Be patient and remember Dr. Hatasaka is there to help. Call the clinic for any worries or concerns.
Dr. Hatasaka was ALWAYS caring, professional, kind, and knowledgeable. My husband and I absolutely loved him. During our first consultation he saw my surgery pictures and saw how damaged my Fallopian tubes were. He explained very clearly how my tubes had toxic fluid which would cause my IVF success to be cut in half. He explained studies he had read in European countries were tubal removal was necessary for successful IVF.